On 10/18/2021 at 7:13 AM, realistic2280a said:

Im sure she is just saying... the campus would be huge and Sang Yun, being the serious guy, with his big glasses probably wouldnt be able to attract many admirers, except from his faculty or dept?..... suddenly reminds me of c-youth dramas, always between a genius boy and female lead who is always seemed to be clueless...

the way hanee was saying it was really cute. that it was impossible for her to not notice someone as goodlooking as sangyoon no matter how big the school or far the department is. so the only way that she did not "dig" him out was he was under his weird glasses. 

this is not the real intepretation, but my delulu shipping sense is interpreting it as a regret, like, where have you been all this time? haha. and then sangyoon said that (it doesnt matter as ) she eventually dug him out anyway.

lawyer/driver is from snu too

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, aria26 said:

the way hanee was saying it was really cute. that it was impossible for her to not notice someone as goodlooking as sangyoon no matter how big the school or far the department is. so the only way that she did not "dig" him out was he was under his weird glasses. 

this is not the real intepretation, but my delulu shipping sense is interpreting it as a regret, like, where have you been all this time? haha. and then sangyoon said that (it doesnt matter as ) she eventually dug him out anyway.

lawyer/driver is from snu too

Haha.. i feel 'sad' actually with regards to the head lawyer/driver... i mean i thought his character was weak, a weak link..... he doesnt have that lawyer looks/act... to this day, i still know him as the uncle in Coffee Prince... 

With Sang Yun's personality, im sure he is just too serious to be popular among girls back then. I wonder if anyone has photos of him during his uni days and how he looked lile back then...:D

Just finish ep14 of Lovers of the Red Sky, i just wanna say, i cant believed that Ha Ram's bodyguard is the same actor as the one who acted as Kang Mina's husband!! It must be his hair, its covered in LRS while in this drama, he just looked so immature slimey guy.. hahha

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I wonder if Sung Woon is slowly falling in love with YJ...  

StarhausM

I really hope not. I dont want him to be an enemy down the road. I just wish he just sees YJ as someone who will help him get status in his family. He is not nice, but at least he is not as bad as his sister and dad. Hanju Company is still Seung Wook's family and I dont want it destroyed by the end of the drama.

Sad that SeungWook is letting go of 10% of his shares in Yumin. That must be a lot of money. If I was his step dad, I'd be angry as we would be losing influence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may be alone in this, but nevertheless, I want to share it.

I find the plot circuitous, so the forward movement of the story moves ever so slowly. I mean, why do they have to think and guess about the activities of the Hanju family. They have some clues, they are suspicious, they know the dubious characters and the past activities.

Sung Wook has the finances to hire top-notch detective agencies to find intel on the dubious characters. I do not believe that they own everything in Korea so the family knows what every one outside of their family is doing. They cannot bribe every Korean official. Why not use the resources available to them to find the truth instead of running around in circles. Why give more time on Yeon Joo and her double life. By this time they should have information on where Mi Na is. The production had already spent too much time on Yeon Joo's ''who am I?'' story arc.

Sung Wook met Yeon Joo's father, who claims that he was framed and does not have anything to do with the fire. It was unintentionally mentioned that the father got the nickname because he's afraid of fires due to a fire-related trauma when he was young. They could have looked into that angle.

I just don't get the logic of prolonging their agony when they can do more constructive things to build up a more convincing story to bring the Hanju family down, especially the monster eldest daughter.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

I find the plot circuitous, so the forward movement of the story moves ever so slowly. I mean, why do they have to think and guess about the activities of the Hanju family. They have some clues, they are suspicious, they know the dubious characters and the past activities.

Sung Wook has the finances to hire top-notch detective agencies to find intel on the dubious characters. I do not believe that they own everything in Korea so the family knows what every one outside of their family is doing. They cannot bribe every Korean official. Why not use the resources available to them to find the truth instead of running around in circles. Why give more time on Yeon Joo and her double life. By this time they should have information on where Mi Na is. The production had already spent too much time on Yeon Joo's ''who am I?'' story arc.

Sung Wook met Yeon Joo's father, who claims that he was framed and does not have anything to do with the fire. It was unintentionally mentioned that the father got the nickname because he's afraid of fires due to a fire-related trauma when he was young. They could have looked into that angle.

I just don't get the logic of prolonging their agony when they can do more constructive things to build up a more convincing story to bring the Hanju family down, especially the monster eldest daughter.

I think because this is not all about bringing down the Hanju family. Sure, there is the plotline in the 2nd half about the justice for that case 14 years ago, but this is also a comedy about the antics of a woman who has a doppelganger and has to live her life and one-up her in laws. Even the romance has only come in center the last couple of episodes.

If this is a murder mystery like the ongoing Hometown, I would complain, but in this one, I'd actually prefer if all the corporate squabblings and justice hunt just linger on the side and I want more interactions with mother-in-law (sadly, that part is over already).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, aria26 said:

I'd actually prefer if all the corporate squabblings and justice hunt just linger on the side and I want more interactions with mother-in-law (sadly, that part is over already).

This! The battle of wit with the in laws and the corrupted board of executives/directors are the highlight of the show for me. It's cathartic. 2 months from now, if someone asks me about this drama those parts will be the first that come to my mind and the one i can recall clearly. Sad to say that part is over.

• Like 6

Soompi by E.Cha

SBS’s “One the Woman” is on a roll!

On October 22, the hit comedy drama starring Honey Lee and Lee Sang Yoon continued its perfect nine-episode streak as the most-watched miniseries of the entire week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “One the Woman” scored an average nationwide rating of 14.0 percent, marking a significant rise in viewership from its previous broadcast.

Additionally, “One the Woman” was the most-watched program of any kind to air this week among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 5.2 percent. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494870wpp/one-the-woman-ratings-rise-amidst-perfect-streak-as-most-watched-miniseries-of-the-week

as the comments have said, plot is not moving much

but if we have a fast plot, we wont get the details of the budding realtionship of yeon ju and seung wook. i love how caring yeon ju suddenly became and how eager seung wook was to impress. their interactions got the most laugh from me because they are too old for first loves, so it was cringey that it was funny. i cannot explain it, it is mature yet immature at the same time

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

“One The Woman” Ratings Rise Amidst Perfect Streak As Most-Watched Miniseries Of The Week

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 23, 2021
by E. Cha

SBS’s “One the Woman” is on a roll!

On October 22, the hit comedy drama starring Honey Lee and Lee Sang Yoon continued its perfect nine-episode streak as the most-watched miniseries of the entire week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “One the Woman” scored an average nationwide rating of 14.0 percent, marking a significant rise in viewership from its previous broadcast.

Additionally, “One the Woman” was the most-watched program of any kind to air this week among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 5.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494870wpp/one-the-woman-ratings-rise-amidst-perfect-streak-as-most-watched-miniseries-of-the-week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, reddragon said:

I agree, where is Mina? I was excited when the real Mina showed up and thought the story would move forward, but then they spent too much time on the "first love" trope. By this time the evil sister and brother figured that YJ is not Mina but Mina is still nowhere. There is also the birth secret to figure out. From the start of the show Lawyer No and SW investigated that angle, the look alike women go to the same hospital, are from the same town and SW and YJ do not have any curiosity at all? SW had people looking for Mina all over the world at the start of the show but now he is not even calling and demanding any results of the whereabouts of Mina? The reason I was excited about the show is the mystery surrounding the "twins", their story. Like one of the chingu posted, SW is not doing much here. He is like the "bodyguard" character who is protecting the interests of the lead character whom he found out was his "first love" he is reacting more than initiating. Prosecutor An seems to know more and doing more at this rate he will be the one to find Mi Na.

What does YJ's father have on Hanju and what did Hanju threaten him with that he is not talking about the fire?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, aria26 said:

Sad that SeungWook is letting go of 10% of his shares in Yumin. That must be a lot of money.

Remember that the real Mi Na is the heiress and holds major shares of Yumin, I don't remember the number. SW may have given 10% to uncle but if he still holds 20% and if he combines his shares with that of Mina, their total would be larger than any of the shareholders.

• Like 1