[Drama 2022] My Liberation Notes, 나의 해방일지

agenth

Kim Ji Won, Son Seok Gu, And Lee Min Ki Run Into An Unexpected Issue Out In The Fields In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 15, 2022
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes” released new stills from the upcoming episode!

The drama is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. It stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

Spoilers

From the first episode, “My Liberation Notes” captivated viewers with its realistic characters and relatable story. As Mr. Gu spends his days drunk without having much to do, Yeom Mi Jung approaches him and tells him, “Please revere me,” taking their relationship to an interesting direction.

The newly released stills depict unexpected situations occurring to the three Yeom siblings. While working out on the fields, Yeom Chang Hee and Yeom Mi Jung look shocked out of their wits. Yeom Jae Ho (Cheon Ho Jin) and Kwak Hye Sook (Lee Kyung Sung) also wear surprised expressions. However, in contrast, Mr. Gu looks nonchalant, raising questions about what will occur out in the field.

My-Liberation-Notes.jpeg

Spoiler

My-Liberation-Notes-2.jpeg

My-Liberation-Notes-5.jpeg

My-Liberation-Notes-3.jpeg

Furthermore, Yeom Ki Jung will be reuniting with Jo Tae Hoon (Lee Ki Woo). Previously, after talking about her blind date who is a single dad behind his back, Yeom Ki Jung had turned around to see Jo Tae Hoon who is also clearly a single father. The two will meet again following their awkward first encounter. In the still, Jo Tae Hoon hesitates after spotting Yeom Ki Jung, leaving Yeom Ki Jung at a loss as to what to do next.

My-Liberation-Notes-4.jpeg

Spoiler

My-Liberation-Notes-6.jpeg

The upcoming episodes will depict a gradual change in Yeom Mi Jung as she and Mr. Gu become more and more intertwined. Although Yeom Mi Jung expresses interest in befriending Mr. Gu, he replies, “I don’t want to do anything. With people.” Yeom Ki Jung will also make a second attempt at going on a blind date, and Yeom Chang Hee will visit Mr. Gu at his house.

The next episode of “My Liberation Notes” will air on April 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1522190wpp/kim-ji-won-son-seok-gu-and-lee-min-ki-run-into-an-unexpected-issue-out-in-the-fields-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 6

Kim Ji Won Makes A Daring Suggestion To Her Fellow Loners At Work In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 16, 2022
by E. Cha

Kim Ji Won will start making some changes in her life on the next episode of “My Liberation Notes”!

Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, “My Liberation Notes” is a new JTBC drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El star as the three frustrated siblings, while Son Seok Gu plays the alcoholic outsider that unexpectedly changes their lives.

Spoilers

Previously on “My Liberation Notes,” Yeom Mi Jung (Kim Ji Won) struggled with the fact that she didn’t want to participate in the “non-mandatory” after-work social gatherings attended by most of her co-workers. Despite her company claiming that it wasn’t required to join one of these social clubs, Yeom Mi Jung was still called in to the “Joy Support Center” to be pressured into joining one—along with Jo Tae Hoon (Lee Ki Woo) and Park Sang Min (Park Soo Young), the only other employees who hadn’t voluntarily joined such a club.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, this trio of workplace loners is reunited when they are called to the “Joy Support Center” once again for yet another consultation. However, while waiting for their consultations, Yeom Mi Jung turns to her co-workers and surprises them by making an unexpected suggestion.

Other photos from the episode show the three employees hanging out at a cafe, amusingly leaving plenty of space between their seats even as they sit together at the window. However, in contrast to when they were forced to socialize with other people, the trio looks relaxed and comfortable instead of nervous.

Kim-Ji-Won3.jpg

My-Liberation-Notes-2.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Soo-Young-Kim-Ji-Won-Lee-Ki-Woo.jpg

Kim-Ji-Won-2.jpg

Park-Soo-Young.jpg

Lee-Ki-Woo.jpg

To find out what will transpire between these three loners-by-choice, tune in to the next episode of “My Liberation Notes” on April 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1522256wpp/kim-ji-won-makes-a-daring-suggestion-to-her-fellow-loners-at-work-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 6

Just finished ep.3...

The highlight of this episode is when Mi jeong said to Mr Gu:

"Do you need me to worship you? because you also always looked empty. Just tell me if you need it..."

And after that Mr. Gu seems to have a conflict between his heart & his brain :phew:. He kept thinking overnight about what Mi-Jeong said to him :wub:

On the preview...Mi Jeong runs that fast just to ask Mr Gu to get in his house  to prevent him from getting wet because of the rain? Why Mr.Gu has a bloody foot this time...I am actually start to worry after seeing the bloody nose scene on ep 2. I hope He doesn't have any terminal ill. The way how Mi jeong's father looked annoyed when MJ's mother talking about Mr.Gu after the nose accident....maybe her father knows something after taking him to hospital.

Something is actually bothering me. A lot of times They come home in the afternoon...like 3-4pm. Is it because of summer so the sun set later? Even so they need 1.5 hours for the trip. Office time  usually ends around 5-6pm. 

• Like 5

The father is so cold. He didn't even greet his daughters when he passed 'em both in his truck. Typical asian dad I suppose LoL.

Chang Hee's just annoying LoL, same goes for Gi Jeong. She must think she is livin' in the Tudor Dynasty. Well her perm make her suitable for the era ha-ha! Talkin' 'bout beheading and whatnot. 

Ooo nice to see a smile on Mi Jeong's face. The Liberation Club is too cute! Their height and build differences are too adorable LoL.

I wanna "worship" Mr. Gu too~ (winkbatseyelasheswink) The way he walked behind her and when those shady men left, he walked ahead of her - sweet. Really can't wait for these 2 to begin their steamy romance together.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, illay said:

Just finished ep.3...

The highlight of this episode is when Mi jeong said to Mr Gu:

"Do you need me to worship you? because you also always looked empty. Just tell me if you need it..."

And after that Mr. Gu seems to have a conflict between his heart & his brain :phew:. He kept thinking overnight about what Mi-Jeong said to him :wub:

Yeah that was my favourite part as well, I hope he is not sick.

• Like 2

Without question one of the best dramas ever. The acting, the dialogue the realistic cinematography.  It's quite slow and depressing, but up to now I am totally captivated by the mood.  For the first time stories about average and or below average people and their struggles. 

Some of the best acting I have ever seen in Korean Drama.  The dreary dailiness of life with no possibilities is captured.  What is interesting up to now, could be the prequel to the Squid games.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So far,  this drama is quite dull. Why the whole family is so cold & moody, everyone puts on sulky faces & doesn't communicate. Their parents do not show any love to their children, nagging or telling them off - very abnormal upbringing, too busy with work & doesn't care about the family.  

What does Mi Jeong mean when she said "worship me"  - to possess & adore her?  She succeeded in breaking the ice of Gu's cold attitude & slowly he will crawl out of his shell to communicate & stopped his drinking problem through MJ's help, she will change his life.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Ugh. What's the deal with Mi Jeong's co-workers!? So gossipy and.. shallow(?) And damn Mr. Gu is a superhero ain't he LoL!? I have suspicions he could have been some loan shark or whatever. How did he get the payment from that ol' scrooge?? Judging from flashbacks also..

Think Gi Jeong now sets her sights on the single dad she bad-mouthed previously LoL. And Chang Hee .. is well .. Chang Hee LoL.

It's funny how Mi Jeong thinks you need to be mentally strong living in tall buildings. I just think people pay for the view ha-ha? Not everyone living in tall buildings are suicidal. 

The part where she goes, she finds thunder calming that it may or may not signify that the world is ending was relatable. I get that feeling too; that fatalistic feeling that everything should just end all at once. Another gem is when she says that damaged/broken souls live their lives more honestly than those who fake happiness all the time.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

me think that the dad scold the eldest son hearing the customer problem cause deep inside he wish his son to hear his own dad problem. kinda sad during that scene. maybe because of the culture, the relationship between the child and parent is far yet close. thus the akwardness. 

the advise from the elder sister colleague is also seems right cause what we see now the sister seems desperate to found love. when she kinda focus on herself, then she reliase what are the type that she really want. 

as im also sort of introvert. can relate to the maknae like 60%. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I just watched ep 3 and 4 and what struck me:

It is difficult to watch people struggle with self worth and trying to fix their inner issues of wanting to be loved (older sis), to live life on their own term/self worth (brother), and or find meaning (MJ) so on etc. Sometimes we watch Kdrama where the characters already know how to problem solved or it’ll be solve magically but this is not that kind of story at all. 

What this drama is trying to show is that in reality, we all struggle! Everyone has  various issues but each person has different coping skills and abilities - some aren’t so good with coping or fixing their own issues (our main characters). When you are struggling and in the midst of it - things aren’t so clear due to emotions and a whole bunch of factors. It is a social commentary on how society judges people so quickly without even understanding their struggles - e.g., oh they are just ungrateful, whiny ppl or drunks on the run etc. People can be really complicated, multi-faceted with good and bad traits. No 100% perfect characters or people here. 

The characters on this show are so real that you can clearly see their flaws, their charms, and how they are struggling or trying to fix themselves. Which is why I really enjoy these kind of drama that is a reflection of current society. It makes you think, reflect, and appreciate the message being conveyed. 

Ep 3 -  I loved that the 3 non-club members made their own club lol liberation club!! focusing on the issues they want. MJ is still very bold with Gu!!! Elder sis is really authentic to herself but she is really clueless re the social dating process/tact and I was surprise the office playboy helped her. His advice were good. 

Ep 4 - The flip flop scene is very Asian siblings dynamic lol. Older sis is always judging Gu and her scenes are sometimes ridiculous due to her ‘me worldview’ spoken stream of consciousness lol. The office playboy guy is trying to be a friend of sorts or is he a candidate for her love story? Oh MJ’s line re people must be mentally strong to live in tall buildings - it’s a sharp commentary. Edit: I don’t think she’s judging people but more a comment now people when desperate can leverage their surroundings and also, one has to be financially solid to buy a high apartment or condo (in Asia, the higher you go - the cost increases and social commentary and obligations that come with it).  

I agree with MJ’s friend - much easier to be the person who loves instead of being the one wanting to receive someone’s love. But some people won’t agree with me if they are ‘taker’ and not a ‘giver’. Ideally, it should be a balance of both roles for couples but in reality, I know many ppl that fall into one or the other. It’s good if both sides accept their role willingly. 

Oh that scene at the dinner table when brother retort the father captured so much of the generational POV gap! It was hard painful to watch since many Asian viewers can probably relate. 

The liberation club scene in the rainy cafe is also great. The coworker with the glasses said the magic answer - it’s they themselves that must change.

lol I knew it would be older sis and the single dad. I can already see that his daughter still holds a grudge.

Ok now that is a jump, Mr Gu lol! I also like how the writer defined the meaning of their ‘worship’ lol. I wonder if a translations issue now…

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 4/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, illay said:

Why Mr.Gu has a bloody foot this time...I am actually start to worry after seeing the bloody nose scene on ep 2.

At first I thought it was from the soju bottle that he accidentally kicked/ tripped over when Mi Jeong was in his house...but you're right, combined with the bloody nose scene it could be something else.

6 hours ago, Yinye said:

Sometimes we watch Kdrama where the characters already know how to problem solved or it’ll be solve magically but this is not that kind of story at all. 

What this drama is trying to show is that in reality, we all struggle!

Good points! I'm so curious to see where the show takes these characters, as it doesn't seem all that predictable now.

6 hours ago, Yinye said:

The liberation club scene in the rainy cafe is also great. The coworker with the glasses said the magic answer - it’s they themselves that must change.

He and the older brother are the monologue kings in this drama! The older brother is a bit more angry/ passionate, and Mi Jeong's coworker is quite philosophical. He has some good stuff to say.

It seems like Gu is running from something, as the person on the phone told him, "You would've gotten into trouble if you had kept going."

On 4/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

And damn Mr. Gu is a superhero ain't he LoL!?

I laughed so hard at the freeze-frame at the end of Ep 4. That was pretty unexpected and super cool. :lol:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Personally I think Mr Gu bloody nose and feet just due to  over drinking and losing his constitution.  

I do agree he is running away from something..mostly himself. Even when running he has a set of routine, which means he used to do something related to routine.  Perhaps he discover stuff about himself that he won't be able to continue his current routine thus running away seems to be a better option..at least until he is willing to face his issue   

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I am so looking forward to seeing Gi-jeong get together with Tae-hun (Lee Gi-wu's character). That is going to be so funny. She is, by far, the funniest.

Also loving his two older sisters - played by Jeong Su-yeong (always awesome) and Kim Rosa, Judante's crazy maid from Penthouse! She was great, and I'm so glad to see her here.

Hurry for Mi-jeong's Liberation Club! I want to join. (I am shocked by the pressure this company is putting on their employees to join a club. Corporate culture sucks as ever in Park Hae-yeong's world and I agree!)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@the_sweetroad After watching the actual episode, I think Mr.Gu just tripped over the kettle on the floor after Mi jeong pushed him to go inside..that's why the next morning when the wound scene was shown...the kettle was shown after that. The dirt on top of his foot might be tea. However..the sound when He was tripped over doesn't sound like someone who tripped over a kettle.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

My Liberation Notes: Episodes 3-4

by quirkycase

MLN_wl2_23.jpg

Our siblings are at their wit’s end and the sisters, in particular, realize it’s time for a change. While the eldest takes steps to better understand herself and what she wants, the youngest steps up at work to carve out a space for herself. It’s not easy to enact change, but small steps can sometimes make all the difference.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

After Mi-jung’s surprising offer, Gu skips out on family meals and seems to try to avoid her. We backtrack and hear his response where he logically pointed out that Mi-jung knows nothing about him or why he’s living namelessly in a remote place. He advises her not to run away from her problems, guessing that she lent money to some jerk. He also brings up a good counterpoint: has she ever made someone else feel whole either?

Mi-jung is angry at first at his rejection, and her mood doesn’t improve when she finally hears back from her sunbae. This dude has the gall to berate her for being petty after he missed just one payment. He even threatens not to pay the money back at all if she asks around anymore for his girlfriend’s number. Wow. Isn’t he a gem?

Mi-jung isn’t the only angry person this week as Chang-hee is still struggling after his breakup, and Ki-jung goes on bad blind dates. Although all the siblings express their anger in different ways, it’s based on the same insecurity of not being good enough.

Chang-hee broke up with his girlfriend preemptively since he “knew” she was looking at him like he’s a loser, but it’s obvious he’s the one who finds himself pathetic. In fact, his ex seems pretty upset about their breakup and even came all the way out to their train stop in tears. The siblings, especially Chang-hee and Ki-jung, seem to self-sabotage due to their own fears. But Mi-jung, at least, starts to make a little headway.

At work, that persistent club lady just won’t stop, so outcasts Mi-jung, Tae-hoon, and Sang-min decide to form their own club: the liberation club. Mi-jung came up with the idea which appealed to all of them since they each feel trapped in their own way.

I love this little club which basically ends up being a support group as they struggle to define liberation for themselves. Their first meeting consists of each of them sitting at a window bar in a café, facing outside so they don’t have to be face-to-face which feels “aggressive.” Mi-jung seems legitimately happy to be a part of something and looks so much lighter after doing something proactive.

Ki-jung also takes action and confronts her boss over feeling left out. He always gives these lottery tickets to employees (and dates lots of the women in the office), but he’s always passed her over. He actually gives her some good advice. Rather than trying to force herself to have a “melo” genre romance, find the genre that fits. He helps her figure out what matters to her and concludes she’s more a slice-of-life woman who wants a steadfast, good man without the drama.

So, of course, she ends up bumping into Tae-hoon again. It turns out, he and his sisters spent their teenage years in Sanpo. His older sister KYUNG-SEON (Jung Soo-young) was even Ki-jung’s classmate in high school. Ki-jung apologizes to Tae-hoon for her insensitive comments that day, and he’s very gracious about it all. And now, Ki-jung is developing a crush. She even gives him one of the lottery tickets her boss finally gifted her.

Meanwhile, Gu continues his almost non-existence, despite Chang-hee’s attempts to get to know him. Chang-hee even goes to his place uninvited to try to drink with Gu, but that doesn’t go well. Gu doesn’t kick him out, but it’s obvious he does not want chatty Chang-hee there.

Chang-hee does apologize later for being invasive, but he’s still determined to make friends with Gu and talks his ear off when he sees him. When Chang-hee asks how Gu ended up in Sanpo, Gu reluctantly says he got off at the wrong stop. We get a brief flashback to a much more kempt Gu rushing off a train as a woman yells, “Get off!” Interesting …

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/my-liberation-notes-episodes-3-4/

• Like 3