[Drama 2022] My Liberation Notes, 나의 해방일지

agenth

On 5/25/2022 at 1:50 AM, jus-ash said:

The wild dog MJ met on the hill - it can be likened to meeting Gu, as well. And it ran away.

I LOL'ed when she said to the dog, "You ungrateful RickRoll'D. I bought so many sausages for you." She's speaking to Gu: I gave you so much love and worship and you left me, you ungrateful RickRoll'D.

I like Gi-jeong, and I think she will be fine.

Think about her relationship with Jin-wu, her work superior. At first, she complained that he gave lottery tickets to every woman in the office except her. Then she confronted him directly, which was pretty cringe-inducing. He awkwardly bought her some tickets, treated her to a meal or drinks, and excused himself quickly afterwards, at which point she bluntly observed, "Wow, you have no romantic interest in me at all."

But somehow, their relationship grew to the point where we could see that he is charmed by her, feels invested in her life, and finds her words to be meaningful. And I think that's who she is. She has no filter, she's an open book. And at first, it's weird, but once you get to know her, you appreciate her. She's not perfect, but when she apologized to Tae-hoon and his sisters for talking smack about the kids of single dads, it was genuine.

So I think that she's going to be okay with Tae-hoon and his family. She has the ability to win people over and her bluntness and honesty can be charming.

Chang-hee has a very strange relationship with Hyeon-ah, but we root for them anyway. Despite the fact that they have relationships with others, they get each other on a fundamental level, and they know it in their bones that when one of them dies, the other will be there to hold vigil. It's a slow burn between them. But like, the slowest ever burn. I like it.

GU-MI couple. No more slow burn between them. These two are on fire, full on worshipping begins. It's hot.

I love it, of course, but I can't get over how much I really hate the Trash Couple and what they did to Mi-jeong. I was having revenge fantasies about Gu kicking their butts - but that wasn't really satisfying. Mi-jeong is fierce and can deal with her own problems, so here's to hoping that she dealt with them in some way. Yes, I'm not very mature. I can't let this go. And I'm sorry that she had to leave the Liberation Club. They were awesome! Maybe she still attends their meetings. After all, she probably keeps in touch with Tae-hoon in some way.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:50 AM, jus-ash said:

@tiger457_stv

The wild dog MJ met on the hill - it can be likened to meeting Gu, as well. And it ran away.

Though the crying yes - was never for the caged wild dogs, but for Gu's departure.

Esp since he disconnected the number too and there was no way of communication.

I agree. MJ was crying for losing her ‘dog’ Gu. Because even when CH finds this out from the market vendor, the next scene is him in the parking lot where Gus rolls Royce was. He was looking for Gu for MJ.  gu is the lost dog. What is also fascinating is Baek remarks 8n earlier episodes that Gu didn’t shed a tear when his sister/Gus ex girlfriend died, but he cried when his dog passed away. Thus showing how intentional the dialogue is and how every word is brought back again in future episodes-like the bird flying into the club akka baby in the club. It was exactly like how MJ spoke to Gu about a nail on the ground or a man hanging in the tree..we can also assume he is reminded of their last conversation about strollers vs carrying baby. Baby was in stroller but then hostess carries him and then baby is put on couch across Gu, thus never staying in stroller even though that’s what Seoul moms focus on when getting stuff for their baby.

• Like 6

4 Questions Left To Be Answered In The Final Episodes Of “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 27, 2022
by S. Nam

Only two episodes remain until the conclusion of “My Liberation Notes”!

“My Liberation Notes” is a JTBC drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El star as the three frustrated siblings, while Son Suk Ku plays the alcoholic outsider that unexpectedly changes their lives.

Below are points chosen by the production team on what viewers’ should keep an eye on:

Spoilers

Will the Yeom siblings find “liberation”?

The three siblings Yeom Chang Hee (Lee Min Ki), Yeom Mi Jung (Kim Ji Won), and Yeom Ki Jung (Lee El) each experienced changes in their lives. Yeom Chang Hee, who has always been led along by other people’s standards, realized that he has no ambitions and quit his job, Yeom Mi Jung began to fill her empty heart after meeting Mr. Gu (Son Suk Ku), and Yeom Ki Jung, who dreamed of finding liberation through love, began to date single dad Jo Tae Hoon (Lee Ki Woo).

However, the changes in the siblings’ lives did not stop there. They faced a difficult time after their mother Kwak Hye Sook (Lee Kyung Sung) passed away. Yeom Mi Jung broke up with Mr. Gu, and Yeom Ki Jung had to face the hurdle of Jo Tae Hoon’s family. Viewers are curious to find out if the siblings will be able to find happiness and discover what liberation means to them.

My-Liberation-Notes-17.jpeg

What is in store for the future of Yeom Mi Jung and Mr. Gu’s relationship?

In the ending of episode 14, Yeom Mi Jung and Mr. Gu finally reunited, greeting each other with bright smiles. Like a couple starting from scratch, they introduced themselves after asking for each other’s names, creating a heart-fluttering moment.

The remaining story will depict the two loving each other in their own ways in a different place and time as the teaser for the upcoming episode previewed the two lying in bed together. However, Mr. Gu remarks, “I regretted it after seeing you again,” raising questions about what will happen to the pair.

Spoiler

My-Liberation-Notes-15.jpeg

My-Liberation-Notes-16.jpeg

Will the liberation club end?

Yeom Mi Jung, Jo Tae Hoon, Park Sang Mi (Park Soo Young), and So Hyang Ki (Lee Ji Hye) make up the liberation club. The combination of the three loners, who came together because they hate the company’s social clubs, and the Happiness Support Center staff, who keeps advocating for the social clubs, warmed viewers’ hearts every time they appeared. They wrote their deep stories in journals and shared them with each other, covering relatable topics from personal relationships to concerns they had as the head of a household and just as a human being.

However, Yeom Mi Jung is facing a crisis at work, appearing to be at a disadvantage during the screening process to transition into full-time after getting unintentionally caught up in the issue involving an affair between her co-worker and friend Han Soo Jin (Gong Ye Jin) and the team leader. Viewers wonder if the liberation club will be able to continue as a club.

Spoiler

Park-Soo-Young-Kim-Ji-Won-Lee-Ki-Woo.jpe

How will the actors portray the ending?

Lee Min Ki, Kim Ji Won, Son Suk Ku, and Lee El have been impressing viewers with their flawless acting and portrayals of their characters. Not to mention, the synergy from the supporting cast including Chun Ho Jin, Lee Ki Woo, Park Soo Young, Jung Soo Young, Lee Kyung Sung, and more will make the remaining episodes shine even more with their emotional portrayals.

My-Liberation-Notes-18.jpeg

Spoiler

My-Liberation-Notes-19.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1528220wpp/4-questions-left-to-be-answered-in-the-final-episodes-of-my-liberation-notes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 2:35 AM, jus-ash said:

MY - who's very much like her Dad (reticent, stoic, private, quiet doesn't say much compared to her 2 siblings) + yet is also her mom (resilient, hardworking, responsible, 'nurturing'  - MJ's very protective) =>  Yeom-mom's initial anguish was for MJ crying over Gu (who also reminds Yeom-Mom of  'man of few / no words' Dad, and whom Yeom-ma also mothered ... knowing Gu's likes for sweet potato stems etc).

MJ is resilient, among the Yeom children, but somehow for her mom to hear MJ cried =  I think it also mirrors Yeom-Ma's own realization that they both have the same 'Saviour' take care of underdog NURTURING personalities.

Thanks for pointing out the parallels between MJ and her dad and her mom. She's a fascinating character, and I love how sympathetic the show makes her. We definitely root for her. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:02 AM, tiger457_stv said:

You all have eluded to the fact that he trusted Gu.  As a person who is intensely introverted just like his daughter, he said little but observed closely.  His instinct told him that Gu  was a good person with work ethic similar to himself, a penchant not to say much, and a good intention toward his family (he went and got the money from the miser who refused to pay, he worked in the field and waved his salary sayng that work is fun).

Thanks for these insights. That's right - Gu went and got the money from the miser. Now that we know his background, I wonder how that conversation went! 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, Pixaiated said:

2. My take is that MJ's dad also roughly understands what Gu was involved in (the second time when he came back to visit). His reactions upon seeing the gangster that came to visit in one of the earlier episodes were very telling. I am guessing that his approval largely stems from what you mentioned and also the fact that the two very clearly had a positive impact on each other during the time that they were together.

This was helpful, too; thanks! Yes, the camera focused in on Mr Yeom's reactions to that gangster, and his noticing of the gangster's watch and other trappings. I don't think Mr Yeom appreciated how the gangster behaved "loudly" either. 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:36 AM, americanchai said:

I know a lot of people don't really care about Gu's life in the underworld but I would honestly watch a pre-quel of how Gu got to this point. Former athlete-turned-host-turned-head-honcho-turned-alcoholic-runaway-carpenter-farmhand? From Seoul to Sanpo and Back Again. Would watch.

TOTALLY agree! :lol: It will be interesting to see if Episodes 15 and 16 give us anymore of his backstory, or if they just proceed from the point when MJ and Gu reunited in Ep 14. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Chingu-deul! Are you nervous for the last two episodes? I am!  

I think ep. 15 will be a sweet episode where we Gu and MJ go on dates and feel elated after their reunion.  But ep 16 will nervewracking!  We can't predict the ending.  Most viewers think it would be a sad with their different theories.  

Many feel nervous because it seems that Gu thought their date was on Sunday, while actually it was on Saturday.  They come up a theory that Gu might suffer a dementia. 

Will Chairman Shin let him go when Gu wants to quit? Does he have a severe health problem?

In one of the pre-released videos, Gu said to MJ, "if I turns out to be an awful jerk, remember that I really like you."  Many think that he is sick.  

I have my own thought on the ending:   It could be that in order to get out/'liberated' from his world/Chairman Shin, he needs to expose him.  As the result, he may end up in imprisonment as well? Is this the part that MJ said that she would wait for him?

Some thinks that Gu would die, either by Chairman Shin or sickness. But, I think he won't.  This is the instance when MJ will once again save/deliver him (following the consistency of the main theme/plot) like you mentioned earlier in your post. 

Finally, MJ and Gu are liberated from their feelings.  They are now more outspoken and expressive.  They become different people just as they wished to be. 

I know I would be greedy if I wish for a happy ending, but it would be too sad to see MJ once again lose her beloved one.  Please give her happiness she deserves. 

Can't wait the next episode and counting by the hours.  Fingers-crossed and be strong, my heart! 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks for these insights. That's right - Gu went and got the money from the miser. Now that we know his background, I wonder how that conversation went! 

That said, when are we going to see the legendary ssaebi?! :scream:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

That said, when are we going to see the legendary ssaebi?!

What does ssaebi mean? I tried looking it up but it just came up as "shrimp." :lol:

1 hour ago, deandraluv said:

I know I would be greedy if I wish for a happy ending, but it would be too sad to see MJ once again lose her beloved one.  Please give her happiness she deserves. 

Totally agree. It would be sad if they've built up their relationship this entire time just to have all their (and our) hopes dashed.

By the way, wasn't there a preview for an earlier episode where an angry MJ says to Gu, "How could you do this to me?" or something like that? I don't feel like we've seen that scene yet.

• Like 4

Maybe it's a scenario where he has to send her away from him for her own good, similar to when he left Sanpo so her family wouldn't be tormented by Chairman Shin's men. It worries me that even though he is working and in the middle of a date in that preview clip, that he still has to take a shot of something alcoholic just to get through it. No human being, even a fictional one, can survive this sort of stress/lifestyle/damage. I'm not seeing a happy ending for Gu but this could actually liberate MJ because even though their relationship helped release her a bit, it is still holding her back from being with a more functional man who doesn't have 80 pounds of luggage to carry on his back and into their relationship, no matter how much they like each other. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, americanchai said:

I'm not seeing a happy ending for Gu but this could actually liberate MJ because even though their relationship helped release her a bit, it is still holding her back from being with a more functional man who doesn't have 80 pounds of luggage to carry on his back and into their relationship, no matter how much they like each other. 

And I could see that MJ would be the one to liberate him from his drinking habits.  She could be his motivation to stop it and start to take care of his health. 

It reminds me of what CH said when they were strolling on the beach, "That's why they say you get away with anything if you have love. " It's true in real life. I see people quit smoking when they have kids. People strive to persevere or even change drastically because of love.  So, I could see that MJ would save him before it is too late.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Kim Ji Won And Son Suk Ku Finally Go On A Proper Date In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 28, 2022
by E. Cha

Kim Ji Won and Son Suk Ku have finally found their way back into each other’s lives on “My Liberation Notes”!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Liberation Notes,” the “worship couple” joyfully reunited at long last when Mr. Gu (Son Suk Ku) finally mustered up the courage to call Yeom Mi Jung (Kim Ji Won) first.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Mr. Gu and Yeom Mi Jung finally spend some romantic quality time together after having been miserable on their own for far too long. Notably, while they previously spent most of their time together at Mr. Gu’s house or just walking along the roads of Sanpo, the couple now grabs food outside and goes shopping on adorable ordinary dates, just like any other couple.

Son-Suk-Ku-Kim-Ji-Won.jpg

Kim-Ji-Won-Son-Suk-Ku-2.jpg

However, one set of photos captures the pair gazing at each other sadly amidst the falling snow, raising the question of what kind of heartache lies in store for this long-separated couple.

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Won-Son-Suk-Ku-3.jpg

Kim-Ji-Won5.jpg

Son-Suk-Ku.jpg

To find out where the worship couple’s story will take them next, tune in to the next episode of “My Liberation Notes” on May 28 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love eps 15 :wub:

Finally we can see a lot of Gu-MJ scenes. I tear up when MJ said she actually went to her EX wedding to ruined it then Gu called her and asked to meet, He saved her. . .then Gu recalling MJ also saved his life from mr baek. . .that moment was beautiful. They saved each other life

Someone called it here that Gu was a host, and its totally right! he said it to MJ but MJ isnt bothering at all

So the bts when the girls from MJ workplace said its their last scene is true. MJ actually moved to another company. Sadly we dont get to see how the affair ended and MJ clear up her name

CH finally get the compliment from his dad. 'You worked hard' :tears: I hope he would meet with Gu later and things went well with hyeon a, seems like he dated her but then break up with her

KJ has no progress. .the sister and yurim still cant fully accept her

I'm worried for the upcoming eps because Gu's alcoholic effect will coming to his way. I hope the writer would give us happy ending, and MJ will saved him once again

• Like 6

Ep15; the trees, the water, the rock never bothers me, but human does. Thats the takeaway phrase from this episode for me. Just the typical introvert perspective two quiet observant people would come up with. Gu was a host, and he grew from the post because somebody see that he didn't gamble or chase girls however alcohol might be his downfall. Snow and winter doesn't give good premonition to happy ending, cause its cold and nothing to do with warmth, and happy ending is associated with warmth. Chang Hee was in love with somebody who love broken things, no wonder she talked about 20-30 points men. I was wondering what would put a seemingly strong independent woman into accepting men who is undeserving of her. I have a thought that if a person keeps loving broken things, with time I wonder if they might justify that they are only deserving of those and slowly those kind of relationships are normalised to them, then broken relationships slowly becomes a routine/cycle/acceptance, I feel this shouldn't be it. Coz when kids are born, the parents put so much hope on them as nothing is set in stone yet, even human have to learn to accept sufferings. Ki Jung was going through the kind of long term relationship with single parent have; the waiting for acceptance, the self compromise she had to justify to herself to be in the relationship. There was a memorable moment in the restaurant when she was complaining to her friends that she might need to marry when she reach 50 and the neighbouring table of ahjummas heard her laments and gave her their feedbacks; one doesn't change when they reach 30/40/50/80. Personally I feel those people who seek a drastic change in their life by getting in relationships or getting married or having another kid or changing jobs etc, it doesn't cause deep within the person habits and personalities haven't changed. Sure being in a relationship allows one to be entertained of their requests and wishes to be listened to, but dynamically the person personality doesn't really change so the way the surroundings also won't change resulting in them falling back to their routines and emotional safe ground. Ki Jung is seeking something only she can do herself, not from outside influence. Anyways to each their own enlightenment. Here's to the last episode, I feel poignant is the end game. Of all 4, who gets the happy ending

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Love ep 15 as well. The scenes are beautiful.   My notes on the episode:

-Chairman Shin seemed to sincerely care about Gu's wellbeing in this episode.  He noticed how Gu had an alcoholic problem and told him to see a doctor and get some therapies. He noticed that Gu didn't gamble, he didn't chase women, just drank quietly by himself. 

-I really teared up when Gu told MJ that he wanted her to always remember that he really liked her. Gu regretted meeting her again.  When he left her in Sampo, he was sure that he wasn't that awful to her. That he should left it at that. He had no idea what kind of mess he might become.  He'll probably end up homeless, he said he would be grateful if he could end things before then.  He's scared that he might show her the monster inside him.  He knew what kind of man he was and might become.  He was scared that he might even hurt MJ (Wow! Suk Ku's acting and facial expression are exceptionally good in this scene)

-I think Gu planned to end their meeting and relationship and MJ agreed.  She once told Gu,  once she felt fulfilled, it would be over for them.  But can they afford to go on their separate ways after missing each other so much before?

-Gu saved MJ from the embarrassment she would get if she carried out her plan to ruin her ex boyfriend wedding.   MJ said,"This man would never let me hit the rock bottom.  He is stopping me." Then Gu teared up, he remembered the moment MJ actually 'saved' him when he got out at Sanpo station.  Remember the scene when MJ was about to smoke, something fell and knocked the cigarette out from her mouth and MJ somehow felt it was Gu who stopped her to smoke.  

-I think we got the answer on why Gu didn't contact MJ sooner.  Gu knew he had a problem, his life was different than the one had in Sanpo, and he didn't want to drag her down with his problems.  

See, why I want to have a happy ending.  I think MJ, Gu and her family need healing.  Gu's presence is important not only for MJ, but also her dad and CH.  They deserve to be happy and get some kind of healing as well.  

In the ep 16 preview:

-MJ and Gu still go on dates.

-MJ "But I was determined from the moment I met you" Which one? Back in Sanpo or Seoul? Could it be that she started to like Gu since she first met him? 

-GJ meet up with TH

-CH meet up with HA

-Chairman Shin wanted Gu to deal with someone who's been stealing money. 

-The liberation club wanted to publish their notes.  

-Gu looked at MJ smiling with sad facial expression.  

Superb acting by the cast, by the way!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Chang Hee and Hyeon Ah are better off as friends. She strikes me as a bit of a gold digger or materialistic? Good on Chang Hee for bein' a convenience store owner. Though he's far from happy..

I like that he and Mi Jung still keep in touch with papa Yeom. Mi Jung has switched jobs and appear to be thriving. Her side hustle is bein' Gu's psychiatrist of sorts. Where can I sign up for that job LoL?!

Love all Gu-Mi Jung moments but a part of me feel sad as an avid K-Drama viewer, normally it's a calm before the storm and cut to next ep. preview where Gu might meet his "end".

I was glad to hear that he liked Mi Jung I mean I knew he did but it was affirming to hear him say it instead of worship. Just wished he too will have his happiness and well.. that he stays alive. 

Lastly Gi Jung sigh LoL. The woman never learns. She should just drink at home. Tae Hoon's sis act like a mil it's sickening. And I like how Yoo Rim called out Gi Jung on the not-shoplifting. Yup Gi Jung is definitely not strong enough to handle Tae Hoon's sis AND Yoo Rim. I don't know why but her neck look so thick LoL? And then she cuts her hair all I see is the thick neck ha-ha!

I got the chills when Gu confronted that pesky cheapskate of a lady customer by pinning her against the wall. He was so hot when he's angry. It was sweet he got Mi Jung new shoes, gloves. 

I love what Mi Jung said in this ep. on tryin' to find your own 5min of bliss daily. I should try that. We're now down to the finale, let's go~

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@Paperx Atelier

"Personally I feel those people who seek a drastic change in their life by getting in relationships or getting married or having another kid or changing jobs etc, it doesn't cause deep within the person habits and personalities haven't changed. Sure being in a relationship allows one to be entertained of their requests and wishes to be listened to, but dynamically the person personality doesn't really change so the way the surroundings also won't change resulting in them falling back to their routines and emotional safe ground. Ki Jung is seeking something only she can do herself, not from outside influence"

Yes exactly! Happiness, passions etc are you and your own to enjoy, and create. I believe in that too. You first must have that - NOT expect someone else to fill that void.

Friends, a partner, a relationship is only the additional icing on the cake. But the basic cake/core must be there.

Even in the happiest of stable relationships  = life equations change. Life comes with unpredictable unexpected curve balls. TH may die one yr after marriage ... and then?!

Accidents, a partner could move on first prematurely (death), change (unexpected  temptation/affair when least expected - partner could be weaker.  and in dire circumstances, need such escapist avoidant distractions as coping mechanisms) etc.

KJ keeps thinking the NEXT step: the next hairstyle, the next PS job, the next man, the next relationship (like she feels this one is 'stuck' bec of his daughter and family ... and that it will all be solved with the NEXT step - marriage!  Those NEXTs, will be her key to happiness.

BUT I think even if the 'obstacles' were removed - there isn't that much to their relationship to keep it going to what she 'expects in happiness'.  She isn't someone of 'substance' per se even if she is completely without filters, readable-honest.

Her 'desperation' stems from somewhere. KJ needs to work on herself - to be CONTENT, to find her own inner peace first. She seems like that kind of personality to keep going for repeated PS jobs - bec the discontent stems from within. Even when she settles down with TH - that may NOT be happiness for her - she may get restless again.

TH's sister, while also crazy ... I think also picks up on that same behaviour in KJ. Which may be why she is also subconsciously so against them.  (while the other sister is so 'go with the flow' laidback). 

In that way, TH's sis and KJ are quite similar (sister was being dramaqueen on the couch one time, refusing to go out and they brought take-out back for her). They even 'bonded' before the relationship.

KJ's friend - recently divorced - sums it up nicely:

To be alone is FUN and should be treasured too  = no dealing or pleasing in laws and relatives, you can do you own thing, eat whenever-whatever you want to etc. How many times do you need someone to eat Tteoboki with you at 2am? compared to all the relationship-compromises you have to make?

@Latte_Anyday

"I love what Mi Jung said in this ep. on tryin' to find your own 5min of bliss daily. I should try that. We're now down to the finale, let's go~ "

Basically, it's what I have been practising over the years.

It's also the noticing the little things in life. That bird chatter you heard this morning - it's not every morning. That's an up. A walk you managed to take, despite a busy work day - another up.  Etc.

BABY Steps - for everything. Life can feel overwhelming if you don't go with its flow.

For problem solving, for getting through a day - baby steps. Focus on the little HAVES in the day, vs the have-nots.  It's self-empowerment encouraging.  We tend to beat ourselves up with what's not done.

Making little differences even if for 5 min - helping, imo helps yourself too. Even if it's only a small gesture - you never know if that small gesture added light in someone else's dark day. Saying thank you or thanks for noticing that!  to a pizza call centre/a hassled waiter -  or just trying to be nice (compared to how many complaints they get ... seriously it makes someone's day.

And helping generally in turn, makes one feel good. 

Like if someone's lost in the supermarket aisle looking for an item - and if you just saw it ... initiate help, be a bzbody and let them know. Initiating help to a Senior standing at traffic lights with grocery bags etc.

MJ and Gu  -it can go either way.

1) I LIKED you - could be a foreshadow. Remember that - it's a past thing

2) His Alcoholism is real ... no one can abuse their body like that (he doesn't eat too! while drinking), and live happily ever after. Even if they do - it will come back to bite later. So realistically - he's not really a candidate for living even up to 50.

3) Ok nevermind the Alcoholism or his detested Host past + gaggle job - how about his job, what he's involved in? Can he just quit and say I choose to be homeless? Does Chairman Shin care that much about him, and does he have many enemies, once he's down?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Back with my take from ep 15:

I like all the scenes with MJ and Gu.  I can feel the intimacy even without the intimate scenes (you know what I mean).  (Can we get another kiss, please!) 

When Gu confessed to MJ and said that he really liked her, MJ said thank you.  Why didn't MJ say that she liked him as well? ( It is what's unique about the drama, so unconventional.)  MJ had not verbally expressed her feelings but she expressed it through her care.  She ordered a heater for Gu because it was freezing in his apartment and the heater was broken.  

I think one of the theme in drama is about finding our liberation and life lessons.  Everybody wants to be liberated from someone, something, or problem in life.  But indeed there is no such thing as the true liberation, only like Mrs. Yeom who got her ultimate liberation.  While we still live in this world, many times one liberation leads to another problem/concern/challenge. 

Chang Hee -  He finally owned a convenience store he always dreamed of.  But after a while, he was not happy with his current job.   He thought about it and calculated how much money he would earn but in reality, he met challenges as the owner of the store.  He took a loan to buy the store and worked hard to pay off the loan.  The father complimented him on that.  An improvement, I'd say.

Gi Jeong -  She thought she had found 'the one' but it turned out that her life would be more complicated with TH and his family.  She thought a man could liberate her from her loneliness.  She complained a lot about having to commute every day.  She thought that moving to Seoul would be the key to her happiness, but she was wrong.  She was yet on the way to find her happiness.  (I wonder if she was actually pregnant?  Her expression changed when TH said, "Thank God, you are not". )

Mi Jeong -  She liberated her self from toxic manager and co-workers by getting another job. She wanted to be liberated from being too introvert, unable to express her emotions, inferiority, etc. She wanted to feel 'whole'.  She asked Gu to make her feel 'whole' she never felt before.  But her relationship with Gu led her to heartbreak and sadness.   She had come a long way and been able to slowly show her emotions.  She mentioned to Gu that she broke a glass while being angry at her ex boyfriend.  

Gu Ja Gyeong -  He wanted to be liberated from the problems or sorrows by drinking.  He said to MJ he thought he would be able to think more clearly when he took alcohol.  He wanted to be liberated from Mr Baek and his past life by staying in Sanpo.  But he fell for MJ there and the rest was history.  

Yes, life is full of the desires to be liberated from someone or something.  Even after we get liberated, there is another concern/challenge we meet as the result of that liberation.  Many times the liberation is not we expect it would be.  Life is indeed challenging, find your way to strive and find your happiness.  It could be like MJ mentioned, find 5 minute happiness and try to be happy or at peace every day.  

Sometimes you get some people who help you liberate yourself, sometimes you don't.  Gu needs help.  Don't run away, seek helps.  

By the way, I got the feeling that they would return to Sanpo?  Hopefully, Gu would tag along.  

Feeling nervous again about the finale, though.  These are my hopes: Gu would quit from his job, overcome his drinking habits and start a new life with MJ.  CH and GJ would somehow find happiness in their own terms.

Brace yourself, chingu!  This is it, the FINALE.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Here is the ratings for episode 15! :).

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”—which has just one episode left in its run—held relatively steady ahead of its own series finale. The penultimate episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 5.9 percent.

“Again My Life” Ends On No. 1 Ratings As “My Liberation Notes” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

• Like 3