[Drama 2022] My Liberation Notes, 나의 해방일지

agenth

JTBC Drama 2022 
My Liberation Diary
나의 해방일지
Kim-Ji-Won-Lee-Min-Ki-Lee-El-Son-Seok-Gu

• Director: Kim Suk-Yoon (Law School)
  • Writer: Park Hae-Young (My Mister, Another Miss Oh)
  • Network: JTBC
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: 2022 --
  • Runtime:
  • Genre: Life, Drama, family
  • Plot: The story of three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and a mysterious outsider who comes to their town.

• Cast: 
  • Kim Ji Won as Yum Min Jung, who is the youngest child in her family. A born introvert, the timid Yum Min Jung has always gone through life feeling completely alone. Unable to take it anymore, Yum Min Jung eventually attempts to make a change in order to “liberate” herself from her dreary, monochrome life.
  • Lee Min Ki as Yum Chang Hee, Yum Min Jung’s older brother and the middle child of their family. Although he initially hoped to move to the city and get a taste of a more exciting world, life didn’t go according to his plans. Aimless, dreamless, and lacking any particular ambition, Yum Chang Hee might be immature, but everything he says is always surprisingly logical.
  • Lee El as Yum Ki Jung, the fiery eldest child of the family, who is only well-behaved on the day she receives her paycheck. Yum Ki Jung feels that she wasted her entire youth commuting back and forth to Seoul for her job, and she is desperate to find love.
  • Son Seok Gu as Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town. No one knows who he is, and his arrival is even more mystifying because their town is considered so boring that “while people may leave, no one ever moves in.” Mr. Gu, who seems as though he’s been through his fair share of misfortune, is drunk 365 days a year and has lost his way in life—until one day, Yum Min Jung approaches him.

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Source: Soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478396wpp/kim-ji-won-and-lee-min-ki-lee-el-and-son-seok-gu-confirmed-to-reunite-in-new-drama

Kim Ji Won And Lee Min Ki, Lee El And Son Seok Gu Confirmed To Reunite In New Drama

Jul 9, 2021
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Will This Be My Liberation” (literal translation) has confirmed its starring cast!

“Will This Be My Liberation” is a new drama that will tell the story of three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and a mysterious outsider who comes to their town.

On July 9, JTBC officially announced that Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Son Seok Gu, and Lee El would all be starring in the upcoming series.

Kim Ji Won will be playing the role of Yum Min Jung, who is the youngest child in her family. A born introvert, the timid Yum Min Jung has always gone through life feeling completely alone. Unable to take it anymore, Yum Min Jung eventually attempts to make a change in order to “liberate” herself from her dreary, monochrome life.

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ki will be starring as Yum Chang Hee, Yum Min Jung’s older brother and the middle child of their family. Although he initially hoped to move to the city and get a taste of a more exciting world, life didn’t go according to his plans. Aimless, dreamless, and lacking any particular ambition, Yum Chang Hee might be immature, but everything he says is always surprisingly logical.

Lee El will play Yum Ki Jung, the fiery eldest child of the family, who is only well-behaved on the day she receives her paycheck. Yum Ki Jung feels that she wasted her entire youth commuting back and forth to Seoul for her job, and she is desperate to find love.

Finally, Son Seok Gu will play the role of Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town. No one knows who he is, and his arrival is even more mystifying because their town is considered so boring that “while people may leave, no one ever moves in.” Mr. Gu, who seems as though he’s been through his fair share of misfortune, is drunk 365 days a year and has lost his way in life—until one day, Yum Min Jung approaches him.

Notably, Kim Ji Won and Lee Min Ki previously starred together in the 2018 film “Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead,” while Son Seok Gu and Lee El played a married couple in the 2018 drama “Matrimonial Chaos.”

The producers of “Will This Be My Liberation” commented, “Viewers will be able to empathize strongly with the story of these characters who search for a new path in order to liberate themselves from their confined lives. Please also look forward to the chemistry between the actors, who will fill their characters with their own unique charms.”

“Will This Be My Liberation” will premiere in 2022.

Are you excited for this new drama?

• Like 7

OMG!! Finally confirmed!! When I say I CANNOT wait for this drama to air!! I love the cast (no idols is a plus:D). Writernim and PDNim worked together in the earlier projects of their careers so this is like a reunion. Lee Min Ki and Kim Ji Won and PDNim have also worked together.  All that chemistry will jump off the screen!!

Excited Arrested Development GIF

• Like 5

July 9 2021

Lee Min-Ki, Kim Ji-Won, Son Seok-Koo & Lee El cast in JTBC drama “My Liberation Diary”

My_Liberation_Diary-a00.jpeg

Lee Min-KiKim Ji-WonSon Seok-Koo and Lee El are cast in JTBC drama series “My Liberation Diary” (literal title). The drama series will be directed by Kim Suk-Yoon (“Law School“) and scripted by Park Hae-Young (“My Mister“). Lee Min-Ki, Kim Ji-Won and Lee El will play three siblings who live together in Sanpo Village. Son Seok-Koo will play a mysterious man who appears in Sanpo Village.

“My Liberation Diary” will first air sometime next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: “My Liberation Diary” tells a story of three siblings and a stranger.

Yeom Chang-Hee (Lee Min-Ki) is the middle child of the three siblings. He wants to escape from his family’s home in Sanpo Village, but he doesn’t have a dream and just spends his life meaninglessly. He is looked down upon by his family members.

Yeom Mi-Jung (Kim Ji-Won) is the youngest child of the three siblings. She would like to be liberated from her boring life, but she is introverted and timid. She is lonely and feels her life is unfulfilled.

Yeom Ki-Jung (Lee El) is the oldest child of the three siblings. She has a hot temper. She wastes a lot of time commuting to her job in Seoul from Sanpo Village. Her life is filled with complaints and she wants to find love.

Mr. Goo (Son Seok-Koo) is a mysterious man, who suddenly appears in Sanpo Village. He is always drunk. One day, Yeom Mi-Jung approaches him.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-min-ki-kim-ji-won-son-seok-koo-lee-el-cast-in-jtbc-drama-my-liberation-diary\

I like all the cast. I hope Lee El and Son Seok Koo will be a couple on screen. :D

• Like 6

It seems like the filming already started !

https://twitter.com/tempoo18/status/1414540689271005188?s=21

Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Lee El and Son Seok Gu confirmed as lead cast for JTBC drama My Liberation Diary

Lee Min Ki, Kim Ji Won, Soon Seok Gu and Lee El confirmed as leads for new slice of life JTBC drama
Written By Anoushka Mathew

The new JTBC drama ‘My Liberation Diary', set to premier next year has confirmed their lead cast with Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Lee El as siblings and Son Seok Gu as a drunk stranger that moved into their village. Many are excited for the star studded cast as well as the reunion of the seasoned director Kim Seok Yoon of ‘Law School’ fame and writer Park Hae Yeong of ‘My Mister’ fame who worked on ‘Old Miss Diary’ and ‘I Live in Cheongdam-dong’. They are known to present premises and concepts that are heartwarming, realistic and usually carries a moral or a life lesson along with it. 

The drama follows the life of three siblings- Yeom Chang Hee (Lee Min Ki), Yeom Mi Jeong (Kim Ji Won), Yeom Ki Jung (Lee El) and Goo (Son Seok Gu), a stranger who wants to escape their monotonous life and feel liberated. Yeom Chang Hee is the second son and he does not bother to dream nor wishes to. He has a harsh way of speaking but every word has truth and knowledge, which is why most people don’t think of his harsh words. He also does not have a standing in the house and is often ignored. Lee Min Ki is a commendable actor and has shown his skills in dramas like ‘Oh My Ladylord’, ‘Beauty Inside’, ‘The Lies Within’, etc. 

Yeom Mi Jeong is the youngest and has similar issues as her brother but due to her introverted and timid personality, she just puts her head down and gets to work. Life, for her, is a long monotonous repetition of habits. A person who seems friendly but it is a facade of hers and at times, her real feelings come through, giving people around her a whiplash. Kim Ji Won expressed that she sympathizes with her character and hopes that the right emotions come through to the screen. Ji Won is an exemplary actress with notable roles in dramas like ‘Fight for my Way’, ‘The Heirs’, ‘Descendants of the Sun’ and ‘Arthadal Chronicles’

Goo, is a stranger who recently moved into their neighbourhood, a place where usually the influx of people leaving is higher than the ones moving in. He is a drunkard, degenerate and looks like he has many burdens and secrets. His cautious personality and preference to remain in his own business, made him the talk of the town and even made the timid Mi Jeong approach him out of curiosity. Seok Gu has been known to take on extremely hard roles in dramas like ‘Be Melodramatic’, ‘Designated Survivor: 60 Days’, ‘Suits’, ‘Mother’, etc. Knowing his acting skills, he will definitely be able to make a major impact on the drama and the audience.

Yeom Ki Jeong is the oldest of the three, equipped with a fiery personality and extremely desperate for love. She feels that life is meaningful only if you have love and with that mindset, she has set out to find her ‘other half’. The only day she looks forward to anymore is payday and that attitude makes her an efficient worker. Her siblings hardly see her as she works in Seoul and their relationship is a little strained. Lee El wants to portray the character to the best of her abilities and with her versatile roles in dramas like ‘Goblin’, ‘Monster’, ‘Matrimonial Chaos’, etc. we are sure she will make us fall in love with her character. 

The drama has begun shooting and will premiere in the first half of 2022. The story, cast and crew sound like the perfect match and we cannot wait to see the heartwarming story unfold before us!

Source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-lee-el-and-son-seok-gu-confirmed-lead-cast-jtbc-drama-my-liberation-diary-805817

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...