[Drama 2022] The Empire: Empire of Law, 디 엠파이어:법의 제국

larus

Pictures from the press conference

JDCNU54C7ACUX24UKQ5WM2EXOU.jpg

Spoiler

'디 엠파이어: 법의 제국' 김선아. 사진 제공=JTBC

YTDRGPQPRQD273T2U2GOOBADXM.jpg

'The Empire: The Empire of Law' is a work that deals with the lives of desire and hypocrisy kept in the fortress built by law, the revelation of their secrets, and the scandal of the fall of those who have. Producer Yoo said, "I finished filming by the end of March and finished post-production before the end of summer. I did my homework early, but it feels like the teacher hasn't done the test yet.

WXCQXWCPUXWVO4EFPC6Q5YPM34.jpg

As there are many dramas in the legal world, I also pointed out the differences unique to this work. Producer Yoo said, "There were many dramas about lawyers. There was a lot of controversy over the corruption of lawyers and privacy. It is true that it was a burden because there were good works. Rather than a difference, our work deals with a legal cartel. is regulating monopolies with strong laws, and when people with social influence form a cartel, they have a bad influence or influence people who are not related in detail," he said.

In particular, it makes people look forward to the passionate performances of actors who are trusted and seen by others. Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook, who have shown solid acting skills in various works such as dramas and movies, will appear and create synergy as a couple as well as a heavy presence that captivates the viewers.

Also, interest is high in that it is Kim Sun-ah's comeback work. Kim Seon-ah returned to the small screen after about three years since the drama 'Secret Boutique' in 2019. Kim Seon-ah, who said, "I'm back to the small screen after 3 years," said, "It's been a long time since I've seen you through a production presentation, so I'm very nervous and excited despite the different atmosphere. I want to meet the same people, and various thoughts cross my mind.”

She took on the role of Hye-ryul, who is the head of the special department of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office and is the number one successor to the legal family, which is hereditary for the third generation. Kim Seon-ah said, "The script is the biggest. Unlike the movie, the script for the drama is not easy to receive. In the beginning, I received a few denials and read it, but it was my first role as a prosecutor. It was my first time in the legal profession. It was unusual and unique. Every time I went from Part 1 to Part 2, and from Part 2 to Part 3, I wondered what's next. After hearing the words of the writers and PDs, I came to believe that I had to do it right away."

Ahn Jae-wook leads a disassembled drama as Na Geun-woo, a law school professor with excellent looks and intelligence, and Han Hye-ryul's husband. He said, "I worked on the set with a tense heart and joy throughout the filming." He said, "I have worked hard on my homework now, but I have a sincere heart that I hope that there will be no wrong answers and that it will be a homework that will give the teacher the utmost satisfaction."

Kim Sun-ah and Ahn Jae-wook's couple's breathing also raises curiosity. Kim Seon-ah said, "Han Hye-ryul and Na Geun-woo seemed to be close. I acted because of the difference between the prosecutor Han Hye-ryul, the wife Han Hye-ryul, the mother Han Hye-ryul, and the daughter Han Hye-ryul. Han Hye-ryul and Han Hye-ryul in front of Na Geun-woo It seems to be the most different. I think a lot of Han Hye-ryul, who loves Na Geun-woo the most, came out a lot. I told the PD that the title was also in the script, so I gave an opinion."

Regarding acting with Ahn Jae-wook, she said, "I met Ahn Jae-wook in a volunteer group for a long time, and I met him in private, but it was the first time we worked together. La. Thank you for making me feel so comfortable and for making me laugh."

Ahn Jae-wook said, "I've known him for over 20 years, but this was the first time I've ever seen Kim Seon-ah because it's different from real life and acting.  There was a world of my own that I had to be patient with. It means that I expressed it well. I enjoyed filming it well.”

Yoo PD said, "I cast this because it is Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook. They were actors that came to mind when I read the script. They have been my fans for a long time. They both have a wide acting spectrum. The roles are really difficult, but I think they will do very well. And he actually did a good job,” he said, explaining the reason for casting Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2022/09/22/DGCI4B6N2BZ7XD5LAGAJXKJOIU/

202209221459229470_d.jpg

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0117_202209221459229470

• Like 3

Lee Ga-eun, JTBC's 'The Empire: Empire of Law' first broadcast ahead of the broadcast to encourage shooters to release a photo

2022092308541904347d3244b4fed18217218513

Lee Ga-eun, who plays the role of Jang Ji-i, a law school student in the play, delivered a message to encourage the shooter along with a script authentication shot ahead of the first broadcast.

In the published photo, Ga-eun Lee is dressed in a check tweed dress with half-tied hair styling, and has completely transformed into an elegant yet dainty law school student. With a shy smile, he pointed to the script of 'The Empire: Empire of Law', which is full of traces of his studies, and showed his extraordinary affection for the character Jang Ji-i.

Gaeun Lee said, “After filming, I am waiting for the first broadcast, and I am excited and nervous. I hope 'The Empire: Empire of Law' will be enjoyable for many people," she said.

https://m.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202209230185

• Like 2

by lo_ve, September 23, 2022
0 0

Kwon Ji Woo is confirmed to star in the JTBC series "The Empire."

On September 23rd, it was officially confirmed that Kwon Ji Woo will be added to the cast lineup of the JTBC series "The Empire." The actor will act as Han Kang Baek, the son of Kim Sun Ah's character. 

"The Empire" will depict the story of the vulgar scandals of Korea's judicial nobles who dream of hereditary succession. The series will be helmed by director Yoo Hyun Ki and penned by Oh Ga Kyu.

The series will be led by Kim Sun Ah, Ahn Jae Wook, Lee Mi Sook, Song Young Chang, Shin Goo, Oh Hyun Kyung, and more. 

Kwon Ji Woo will play the role of Han Kang Baek who is a law student at Minguk University and also part of the  4th generation of a legal family. 

The actor shared his thoughts on being part of the drama, "I did a lot of various efforts to express the role of Han Kang Baek which is a new character for me. Ahead of the broadcast, I wonder how my portrayal will be and how the viewers will find it. I ask for your support and love for our drama."

"The Empire" will premiere on September 24th at 10:30 PM KST. It will exclusively air on JTBC.

xZ8dy_2f.jpg

This will be the second drama of Kwon Ji Woo for the year. He was part of the JTBC drama "Cleaning Up" with Yeom Jung Ah, Jeon So Min, Kim Jae Hwa, Lee Moo Saeng, and Na In Woo

The actor made his acting debut in the 2020 Netflix original series "The School Nurse Files." He is signed under the agency Keyeast. 

Since then, Kwon Ji Woo has starred in dramas yearly. In 2021, he was part of the dramas "Youth of May" and "Armored Saurus." 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/kwon-ji-woo-to-act-as-kim-sun-ah-s-son-in-a-new-drama

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sun Ah And Ahn Jae Wook Are The Object Of Everyone’s Envy In “The Empire”

JTBC has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “The Empire”!

“The Empire” is a new drama set within the most prestigious legal circles of Korea. The story will follow the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules the nation’s legal fields.

Ahn Jae Wook will star in the drama as Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who has risen up in society despite facing difficult circumstances early in life. Now on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate, he is married to Han Hye Ryul (Kim Sun Ah), who hails from a wealthy and powerful family and is currently the head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo appear to be the perfect power couple as they attend a concert together. Even though they’re amidst some of the wealthiest and most powerful people in Korea, the elegantly dressed couple exudes an aura of relaxed confidence.

In fact, the happily married duo seems to be blissfully enjoying their night out as they gaze adoringly at their son Han Kang Baek (Kwon Ji Woo), who is attending the concert together with his friends from law school. Not only do they lavish affection on their son, but they also aren’t shy about their affection for one another, so it’s no surprise that they attract attention and envy wherever they go.

However, according to the producers of the drama, the jealous gaze of a particular individual will put Na Geun Woo in a tough spot at the event—adding tension and suspense to what might have otherwise been an uneventful evening.

Kim-Sun-Ah-Ahn-Jae-Wook-800x533.jpg

The-Empire-2-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

The-Empire-3-800x533.jpg

To find out who is keeping a jealous eye on the happy couple—and how it will affect their night—tune in to the premiere of “The Empire” on September 24 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Kim Sun Ah And Ahn Jae Wook Are The Object Of Everyone’s Envy In “The Empire” | Soompi

Here are the ratings for episode 1! :).

Meanwhile, another new drama made a quieter start last night: JTBC’s “The Empire,” which premiered to an average nationwide rating of 2.4 percent. Starring Kim Sun Ah and Ahn Jae Wook, the drama follows the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules over the most prestigious legal circles of Korea.

“Three Bold Siblings” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “One Dollar Lawyer” And “The Golden Spoon” Rise For 2nd Episode | Soompi

Kim Sun Ah And Her Husband’s Mistress End Up Wearing The Same Outfit In “The Empire”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 25, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “The Empire” has shared a sneak peek of a tense face-off from its upcoming episode!

“The Empire” is a new drama about the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules over the most prestigious legal circles of Korea. Kim Sun Ah stars as Han Hye Ryul, the ambitious and intelligent head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch, who hails from a wealthy and powerful family. Ahn Jae Wook stars as her husband Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who is on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “The Empire,” Na Geun Woo was revealed to be having an affair with law student Hong Nan Hee (Joo Se Bin), despite being happily married to his oblivious wife.

In newly released stills from the drama’s second episode, Han Hye Ryul gives a special lecture at the law school that her son Han Kang Baek (Kwon Ji Woo) is attending. However, she is caught off guard when she unexpectedly discovers that Hong Nan Hee is wearing the same outfit as she is—an outfit that is deeply linked to her husband.

Even in the face of this surprising incident, Han Hye Ryul keeps her cool as she handles the situation with her usual composure. However, there is still palpable tension between her and Hong Nan Hee, who seems to be challenging Han Hye Ryul with her bold, brazen attitude.

Kim-Sun-Ah-1.jpg

Joo-Se-Bin-1536x1024.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Sun-Ah-2-1-1536x1024.jpg

Joo-Se-Bin-2-1536x1024.jpg

To find out what transpires between the two women—and whether Han Hye Ryul will catch on to the fact that she’s being cheated on—tune in to the next episode of “The Empire” on September 25 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1546644wpp/kim-sun-ah-and-her-husbands-mistress-end-up-wearing-the-same-outfit-in-the-empire

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] The Empire: Empire of Law, 디 엠파이어:법의 제국- Kim Sun Ah, Lee Mi Sook & Ahn Jae Wook-Sat&Sun@22:30 KST

Here are the ratings for episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Little Women” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “The Empire” And “Three Bold Siblings” Rise For Their 2nd Episodes

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “The Empire” rose to an average nationwide rating of 3.0 percent for its second episode, marking a small but significant increase from its premiere the night before.

“Little Women” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet; “The Empire” And “Three Bold Siblings” Rise For Their 2nd Episodes | Soompi

The Empire: Episode 1 (First Impressions)

by missvictrix

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Empire01_1.jpg

JTBC’s legal melodrama The Empire premiered over the weekend and it’s full of political scheming, ruin to come, and sumptuous chaebol breakfasts. I can’t say I enjoyed the episode much, but that’s less because it was poorly done, and more because it feels like a plot I’ve seen a hundred times already.

Editor’s note: If there is sufficient interest, drama coverage will continue with weekly hangouts.

EPISODE 1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Before we meet our heroine, we meet her husband NA GEUN-WOO (Ahn Jae-wook). He’s clearly a man of power who commands respect — SNU grad, passed the bar exam in his 20s, was a judge, a lawyer, and now is a law professor who seems to enjoy being treated as a godlike figure. We first meet him at his book concert, where he is surrounded by adoring fans and the press, but the same motif continues into the classroom — and everywhere he goes, really. I don’t like him one bit.

But he seems like the perfect “national husband”? Our heroine HAN HYE-RYUL (Kim Sun-ah) comes home to their gorgeous house saying how tired she is and carrying on about the beautiful dinner he cooked for her. They’re quite cute and playful together and it’s all very nice… until the camera pans to widen the scene and we see that there’s a film crew shooting them. Yep, their very own chaebol reality program. Barf!

The show has done wonders for Geun-woo’s popularity and despite not being a politician he’s #1 in popularity for the next presidential race. Yeah, no. We’re shown in more detail than necessary that he’s having an affair with another woman — and that woman turns out to be a student in his class who has him wrapped around her finger. I’m totally getting A Couple’s World vibes here, and that doesn’t make any of this bode well.

Luckily our heroine is more likeable. Hye-ryul — or as she’s more commonly called, Prosecutor Han — is a real force to be reckoned with. She’s just as powerful and respected as her husband, but in contrast she seems to have some integrity behind her. When the drama opens, she’s deep in an investigation of a chaebol group that her family is in-lawed to. The reaction is either fury (her sister who married into the family in question) or respect (most everyone else, impressed that she doesn’t let “family” get in the way of justice).

My favorite scene of the first episode was Hye-ryul out for drinks with a whole ton of prosecutors. After dealing with the taunts of a colleague (who claims she’s only fearless in her job because her family’s power can protect her), she subsequently outdrinks him. And by that I mean mixing somaek in a giant bowl worthy of bibimbap and downing the whole thing in one shot. Her colleague is dragged out barely conscious, and Hye-ryul stays behind for more drinks, and an oath about truth and justice that she has the newbies repeat after her. It’s clear she means every word she says, and it’s clear they respect her for it.

But we can’t have such a powerful, collected, and upright heroine without throwing her some problems — this is a drama after all – so there’s a terrible scene where she nearly finds her husband and his college student floozy HONG NAN-HEE (Joo Se-bin) having sex in a restroom during the intermission of a super fancy orchestra performance. Uh, thanks, JTBC?

This is probably my least favorite thing about the story — not just the cheap affair, but the way the college student is so clearly manipulating Geun-woo, and so obviously going to burn his life down around him. He calls her his muse; she says she can be his shield, or his demon. Guess which one it’ll be by the end of this drama? And to further squickify things, Nan-hee seems to be friendly with and/or in the same class as Geun-woo and Hye-ryul’s son and his girlfriend.

Speaking of Hye-ryul’s family — it’s huge and confusing and they all live in the same palace-like dwelling. But for all the ridiculous wealth that they live in, they seem to be kinda normal? At least Hye-ryul and her mother (Lee Mi-sook) so far. In another nice scene, we see the two working away together late at night on Hye-ryul’s case. In another drama, they would be squirreled away at the kitchen table; in The Empire, they’re sitting at a gigantic banquet table that would have made King Arthur proud.

Without much action — but tons of character introductions and political/power setups which are too boring to drill into here — the first episode feels both overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time. There’s hope, though, by way of our other supporting characters. REPORTER YOON EUN-MI (Im Se-mi) seems to have an in with the police and some secret information that she drops to close the first episode. Geun-woo might be #1 in the popularity race for candidacy, but there’s another person who’s speeding up behind him at an alarming speed: Hye-ryul.

It’s meant to be a mic drop moment, and I guess maybe it can be, if we get more insight on Hye-ryul and how much she really knows, plans, and intends to do. But right now there’s not enough of the plot in motion to really say whether it’ll be satisfying to see Hye-ryul go after her husband and his scandal — or whatever other chaos waits around the bend.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/09/the-empire-episode-1-first-impressions/

• Like 1

Kim Sun Ah And Joo Se Bin Share A Tense Exchange With Ahn Jae Wook In The Middle In “The Empire”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 2, 2022
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “The Empire” shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Empire” is a new drama about the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules over the most prestigious legal circles of Korea. Kim Sun Ah stars as Han Hye Ryul, the ambitious and intelligent head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch, who hails from a wealthy and powerful family. Ahn Jae Wook stars as her husband Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who is on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate.

Spoilers

Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo have been in the spotlight for being a happily married couple with both wealth and good reputation. However, it was shockingly revealed that Na Geun Woo is having an affair with his student Hong Nan Hee (Joo Se Bin). Furthermore, Hong Nan Hee had purposefully approached Na Geun Woo for an “unforgivable reason.”

The newly released stills depict Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo together on a date when they are joined by Hong Nan Hee. Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo act affectionately together as the public knows them to be, while Hong Nan Hee sends a cold gaze in their direction, raising great tension.

Kim-Sun-Ah-Ahn-Jae-Wook.jpg

Spoiler

Joo-Se-Bin.jpg

Furthermore, Han Hye Ryul and Hong Nan Hee gaze intently at each other with Na Geun Woo sitting next to them. Hong Nan Hee receives Han Hye Ryul’s gaze in full-force without turning away, while Han Hye Ryul will make a remark that appears as if she has caught wind of the secret relationship, taking control over the atmosphere. Na Geun Woo also looks very uncomfortable, making viewers wonder what Han Hye Ryul will say.

Kim-Sun-Ah.jpg

Spoiler

Joo-Se-Bin-2.jpg

Ahn-Jae-Wook.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1547780wpp/kim-sun-ah-and-joo-se-bin-share-a-tense-exchange-with-ahn-jae-wook-in-the-middle-in-the-empire

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for episode 4! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Little Women” And “The Empire” Soar To New All-Time Ratings Highs

Both tvN’s “Little Women” and JTBC’s “The Empire” soared to new heights last night!

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “The Empire” also reached a new all-time high in viewership last night. The new drama starring Kim Sun Ah and Ahn Jae Wook nearly doubled its ratings from the previous night as it climbed to a nationwide average of 3.4 percent for its fourth episode.

“Little Women” And “The Empire” Soar To New All-Time Ratings Highs | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sun Ah And Ahn Jae Wook Run Into His Former Mistress And Their Son At Dinner In “The Empire

Be prepared for some serious tension on the next episode of JTBC’s “The Empire”!

“The Empire” is a new drama about the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules over the most prestigious legal circles of Korea. Kim Sun Ah stars as Han Hye Ryul, the ambitious and intelligent head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch, who hails from a wealthy and powerful family. Ahn Jae Wook stars as her husband Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who is on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate.

Spoilers

Previously on “The Empire,” Na Geun Woo broke things off with Hong Nan Hee (Joo Se Bin), who refused to accept that he was ending their affair. Infuriated by his decision, Hong Nan Hee began to cozy up to Na Geun Woo’s stepson Han Kang Baek (Kwon Ji Woo), upsetting his longtime girlfriend Jang Ji Yi (Lee Ga Eun).

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo are enjoying a peaceful night out when their dinner is suddenly interrupted by an unwelcome intruder: to their shock, Hong Nan Hee shows up at the restaurant with Han Kang Baek and his friend Jung Kyung Yoon (Jung Jae Oh).

For the sake of her beloved son, Han Hye Ryul attempts to maintain her composure, but Na Geun Woo is unable to hide his discomfort as he faces his former mistress in this unexpected setting. On the other hand, Hong Nan Hee is as bold and brazen as always, sitting down to dine with the couple while staring challengingly at Han Hye Ryul.

Kim-Sun-Ah-1-800x533.jpg

The-Empire-1-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Ahn-Jae-Wook-1-800x533.jpg

The-Empire-2-800x533.jpg

To find out what happens during this immensely awkward dinner, tune in to the next episode of “The Empire” on October 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Kim Sun Ah And Ahn Jae Wook Run Into His Former Mistress And Their Son At Dinner In “The Empire” | Soompi

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for episode 6! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Little Women” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Empire” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “The Empire” also soared to its highest ratings to date last night. “The Empire” earned an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent for its sixth episode, marking a new all-time high for the series.

“Little Women” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Empire” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

Good morning everyone!
Quick thoughts on this drama: I'm puzzled by the storyline... The mom and daughter do due diligence and keep tabs on the trouble makers... but why not tell the son the truth about the person he is dating? And if someone, who has stabbed you in the back more than once and shows no signs of backing down, gives you a USB Drive to "store your data", why don't you have it analyzed first? Why even use it??
A beautiful twist would be if the FL had anticipated something fishy, and spread misinformation in her computer etc. But it doesn't seem to be the direction the writers are going.

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sun Ah Begs Her Son Not To Marry Her Husband’s Former Mistress In “The Empire”

JTBC’s “The Empire” has shared a glimpse of a heartbreaking moment between Kim Sun Ah and Kwon Ji Woo!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Empire,” Han Kang Baek (Kwon Ji Woo) shocked his mother Han Hye Ryul by unexpectedly bringing Hong Nan Hee (Joo Se Bin) to dinner and announcing that he planned to marry her. However, not only did Hong Nan Hee previously have an affair with her husband, but she also revealed to Han Hye Ryul that she had approached her son with ulterior motives, making it impossible for the prosecutor to approve of their marriage.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Han Hye Ryul makes an uncharacteristic move by setting her pride aside and begging her son on her knees to marry anyone except for Hong Nan Hee. However, in spite of his mother’s desperate pleas, Han Kang Baek makes it clear that he is more determined than ever to push forward with his engagement.

Kim-Sun-Ah-2-800x533.jpg

Kwon-Ji-Woo-Kim-Sun-Ah-2-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Kwon-Ji-Woo-Kim-Sun-Ah-3-800x533.jpg

Kim-Sun-Ah-2-1-800x533.jpg

To find out what transpires after this emotional mother-son confrontation, tune in to the next episode of “The Empire” on October 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

Kim Sun Ah Begs Her Son Not To Marry Her Husband’s Former Mistress In “The Empire” | Soompi