[Drama 2022] The Empire: Empire of Law, 디 엠파이어:법의 제국

larus

Watch: Kim Sun Ah’s Once Peaceful And Privileged Life Gets Threatened In Tense Teaser For “The Empire”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 10, 2022
by S. Cho

JTBC has unveiled a mysterious teaser for its upcoming drama “The Empire”!

“The Empire” follows the private lives of overly ambitious “royalty” of the legal fields. Kim Sun Ah plays Han Hye Ryul, head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch. Even her accomplishments created by her own efforts are often seen by others as being a result of her family’s power. Ahn Jae Wook stars as Na Geun Woo, Han Hye Ryul’s husband and a law school professor. He grew up in difficult circumstances and has now risen up to the point of being mentioned as a candidate for the next presidential race.

The clip begins with a shot of Han Hye Ryul and Na Geun Woo being swarmed by cameras and reporters, capturing just how popular and powerful their family is. Han Hye Ryul was able to strive for her goals while receiving help from her sweet husband Na Geun Woo and she expresses satisfaction in this decision, commenting, “When I chose you, I risked all my pride.”

However, Na Geun Woo later freezes on the spot when he’s caught in a risky situation, as another woman pulls his face back. Han Hye Ryul asks, “Can you even handle this?” The woman responds, “If I can’t have it, I at least have to ruin it.” Given that the privileged Han Hye Ryul has had everything she could ever want since she was born, the aftermath of this issue will be severe as Na Geun Woo has compromised the household peace she’s risked everything for.

The crisis doesn’t stop at the couple as various forces considered “royalty” in the legal field start to face numerous conflicts and obstacles.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1544556wpp/watch-kim-sun-ahs-once-peaceful-and-privileged-life-gets-threatened-in-tense-teaser-for-the-empire

• Like 2

Joo Se-bin becomes a law school student... Confirmed to appear in 'The Empire: Empire of Law'

BF.31164575.1.jpg

The agency Endmark said, "Ju Se-bin has been cast in JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Empire: Empire of Law (played by Oh Ga-gyu, directed by Yoo Hyeon-gi, produced by Celltrion Entertainment, SLL)'."

Joo Se-bin takes on the role of Hong Nan-hee, a student at Minguk University Law School. As an uninvited guest who stepped into the stronghold of a strong family in beopbok, Joo Se-bin is expected to add tension to the play by working with actors such as Kim Seon-ah, Ahn Jae-wook, and Lee Mi-sook.

Joo Se-bin, who recently announced the signing of an exclusive contract with Endmark, is expected to captivate viewers with her acting skills that have become stronger through 'The Empire: Empire of Law'. On the other hand, 'The Empire: Empire of Law' will be broadcasted for the first time at 10:30 pm on the September24th.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022090810304

The Empire: Empire of Law’ Kim Seon-ah → Joo Se-bin’s overwhelming intimidation

wPzeN_4f.jpg

JTBC's new Saturday drama 'The Empire: The Empire of Law' (played by Oh Ga-gyu, directed by Yoo Hyun-ki, produced by Celltrion Entertainment, SLL) features Kim Seon-ah (Han Hye-ryul), Ahn Jae-wook (Na Geun-woo), Lee Mi-sook (Ham Kwang-jeon), Song Young-chang (Han Geon). Do), Shin Goo (Ham Min-heon), and Oh Hyun-kyung (Lee Ae-heon) have released a group poster that feels intense, raising expectations even more.

In the group poster that was released first, the cold and cynical aspects of the Beopbok family attract interest. Their upright posture, as if they had never bowed their heads to anyone, conveys the power and hypocrisy that these families must have enjoyed for many years.

In addition, the brick walls piled up so densely that it is impossible to determine how far the ceiling is, depicts the fortress built by law, suggesting the power of this house that no one can capture or invade. The huge window in the middle of the wall is regarded as the only window that this family allows to the outside world, and instantly recognizes the image of their strong castle.

Next, attention is focused on Joo Se-bin (Hong Nan-hee), who is showing off a unique presence in the distance. The red dress, which contrasts with the uniform color of the uniform color of the Beopbok family, explains the different mood from the Beopbok family, and the style of the bold dress is also unconventional unlike them.

This raises questions about what kind of rupture she will cause to the Beopbok family, the greed of the Beopbok family that they have enjoyed within their own stronghold, and ‘The Empire: The Empire of Laws’, where the scandal of the fall of the possessors will unfold.

http://m.sportsworldi.com/view/20220908518709

New Event :issohappy:

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

'The Empire: The Empire of Law' Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook, Desire and Hypocrisy in Cheolongseong

1663059259575392.jpg

In JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Empire: Empire of Law', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 24th, the 4th teaser video is arousing interest with the keywords that symbolize the beopbok family.

The released video begins with Han Hye-ryul (Kim Seon-ah) in the spotlight next to her husband Na Geun-woo (Ahn Jae-wook). You can feel the high prestige of the beopbok family in the appearance of Han Hye-ryul, who smiles leisurely as if enjoying it while casually passing through the pouring attention of people.

1663059247836327.jpg

In the eyes of those who never doubt the reputation of the Bopbok family, their Privilege is also getting bigger and bigger. This law, which only applies to the beopbok family, separates relationships with strangers and makes the walls of the fortress stronger. Accordingly, the curiosity surrounding the beopbok families, who have inherited wealth and power through the law, is raising curios

As such, ‘The Empire: Empire of Law’ stimulates the dangerous imagination with the fourth teaser video of the family in beopbok who are using their fame and privileges to protect their privacy. We are looking forward to ‘The Empire: The Empire of Laws’, where the tightly closed doors of the Fortress will be opened as to what secret secrets those with a different legal system are trying to protect.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=230265

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1629212

• Like 2

The rise and fall of an Empire in JTBC’s upcoming melodrama

by tccolb

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/empss1.jpg

The high drama continues in JTBC’s latest promos for The Empire, showcasing our main cast in a new poster, stills, and a video teaser.

Through generations of lofty law careers, the drama’s central family built an iron fortress with their name – securing both power and prestige. But with each member pursuing their own greed and ambitions, the once solid walls have now been forming cracks.

Kim Sun-ah’s (Secret Boutique) character, Han Hye-ryul, represents the family’s third generation. Contrary to rumors about nepotism, though, Hye-ryul succeeded in becoming head of the district prosecution office by her own merit and she’s long been wanting to escape from her family’s shadow in order to make her life her own.

Playing Hye-ryul’s husband is Ahn Jae-wook (Mouse), in the role of law professor Na Geun-woo. In the public eye, he’s seen favorably as a man from a humble background who turned his life around. But, naturally, he’s hiding a secret and the scandal would ruin his life if the truth got out.

Bringing in the choir for even more dramatic flair, the new teaser begins with Hye-ryul and Geun-woo being greeted by the press. In the sequence that follows, we get a quick glimpse of the rest of the family, including Mom Lee Mi-sook (Let Me Introduce Her), Step-grandma Oh Hyun-kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman), and Dad Song Young-chang (The Good Detective 2).

After taking us through the family’s prestige and privilege, the teaser then ends on the issue of privacy. As Hye-ryul and Geun-woo show off their married life to the public, Mom keeps a close eye on the security camera footage. All the while, Grandpa Shin Gu (Kairos) is having a secret phone call and Step-grandma tries to eavesdrop.

Written by Oh Ga-kyu with PD Yoo Hyun-ki at the helm, JTBC’s The Empire premieres in just a few weeks on September 24.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/09/rise-fall-empire-jtbc-melodrama/

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sun Ah On Why She Chose To Make Her Long-Awaited Return To Small Screen In “The Empire”

Kim Sun Ah has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “The Empire“!

“The Empire” is a new JTBC drama set in the most prestigious legal circles of South Korea. The story will follow the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules the nation’s legal fields.

In what marks her first drama role in three years, Kim Sun Ah will star as Han Hye Ryul, the ambitious and head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch, who hails from a wealthy and powerful family. Ahn Jae Wook will star as her husband Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who is on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate.

Describing the appeal of a drama about the sordid underbelly of the most elite legal spheres, Kim Sun Ah commented, “I think everyone is curious to know what kinds of things happen within these walls that have been sturdily built up through the law, in these places where not just anyone can peek in.”

Kim-Sun-Ah-2-1536x1024.jpg

As for what led her to choose the drama for her next project, the actress explained, “As these people’s secrets come to light one by one, the suspenseful plot keeps you on the edge of your seat up until the very end, and I personally found that thrilling. The overall flow and vibe of the drama, as well as the relationships between the characters, were very entertaining. I enjoyed reading the script so much that it made me curious what would happen next in the story.”

Kim Sun Ah went on to add, “As an actress, I always find the process of creating a new character so much fun. Because it’s my first time playing a prosecutor and my first time taking on a story that deals with the law, I thought it would be a new challenge and adventure for me.”

Kim-Sun-Ah-3.jpg

Describing her character in the drama, who hides her loneliness under a glamorous facade, Kim Sun Ah remarked, “Out of all the characters I’ve played in my past works, I think she’s the most glamorous character.”

She continued, “If you look at Han Hye Ryul’s background, on the surface, she has the perfect life—one that anyone would admire. But if you look under that surface, Han Hye Ryul is someone who, even in a situation where greed and hypocrisy run rampant, accepts all of that by saying, ‘Our lives are always like this.'”

Spoiler

Kim-Sun-Ah-4-1536x1024.jpg

“The Empire” premieres on September 24 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Kim Sun Ah On Why She Chose To Make Her Long-Awaited Return To Small Screen In “The Empire” | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ahn Jae Wook Talks About His Morally Ambiguous Character In New Drama “The Empire”

Ahn Jae Wook has shared his thoughts on his character in JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Empire“!

“The Empire” is a new drama set within the most prestigious legal circles of Korea. The story will follow the private lives and dark secrets of the overly ambitious “royalty” that rules the nation’s legal fields.

Ahn Jae Wook will star in the drama as Na Geun Woo, a law school professor who has risen up in society despite facing difficult circumstances early in life. Now on the verge of becoming a presidential candidate, he is married to Han Hye Ryul (Kim Sun Ah), who hails from a wealthy and powerful family and is currently the head of the Central District Prosecutors’ Office’s Special Branch.

Describing his initial reaction to the story, Ahn Jae Wook recalled, “I found myself naturally drawn to the drama out of curiosity over how it would portray these battles that are fought outside the law, using the power that only the privileged classes hold—as well as the evil that lives on in this day and age, though it should have been gotten rid of a long time ago.”

“I was intrigued by the subject matter of the private lives of ‘legal royalty’ whose families have everything,” he continued, “and I found the character of Na Geun Woo, who subtly feels like an outsider amongst these families, very appealing.”

Ahn-Jae-Wook-2-1536x1024.jpg

Ahn Jae Wook went on to note that while Na Geun Woo hides a dark side beneath his perfect exterior, he is also someone who can be seen as pitiful.

“To be honest, if he takes off his mask, people might rebuke him [for his true] self,” said the actor, “but Na Geun Woo is someone who has lived his life desperately.”

“I think it’s possible to interpret Na Geun Woo’s life in several different ways,” he added.

Ahn-Jae-Wook-3-1536x1024.jpg

Ahn Jae Wook also shared that he went through a lot of preparation in order to perfect the complex character.

“From his logical and well-organized manner of speaking to his clean-cut appearance, Na Geun Woo is someone who wears a flawless mask,” he explained, “and I went to countless meetings in order to bring the character to life.”

Finally, Ahn Jae Wook remarked, “As this is a drama on which we’ve worked hard for a long time, I really hope the viewers will like it. We’re inviting all of you inside the iron castle of a family that belongs to legal royalty, which not just anyone can enter.”

Spoiler

Ahn-Jae-Wook-4.jpg

“The Empire” premieres on September 24 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Ahn Jae Wook Talks About His Morally Ambiguous Character In New Drama “The Empire” | Soompi

• Like 1

September 20 2022

Highlight video for JTBC drama “The Empire”

The_Empire-HighlightSM1.jpg

Highlight video added for JTBC drama series “The Empire” starring Kim Sun-A & Ahn Jae-Wook. Captions in the highlight trailer states (0:36) “The best elite family in Korea,” (1:58) “There are secrets that must be hidden,” (2:21) “Incidents that will change fate,” (2:53) “The story that has been hidden begins.” Below are 6 characters posters for the upcoming drama series.

“The Empire” first airs September 24, 2022 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A family has accumulated vast wealth and power through the law. They face ruin because of scandals.

Han Hye-Ryool (Kim Sun-A) and her family come from a law background. She works as the chief of a special investigation team at the Central District Prosecutors’ Office. Her husband Na Geun-Woo (Ahn Jae-Wook) and her mother Ham Gwang-Jeon (Lee Mi-Sook) both work as law school professors. Her father Han Gun-Do (Song Young-Chang) works as a lawyer for the biggest law firm in South Korea.

Han Hye-Ryool carries out her job as a prosecutor in an excellent manner, but people denigrate her work because of her family’s prestigious background. She wants to break free from her family ties and satisfy her own desires. Meanwhile, her husband Na Geun-Woo has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate. He seems to have achieved everything he wants and is a good person, but people don’t know who he really is. Han Hye-Ryool’s mother Ham Gwang-Jeon and her father Han Gun-Do also use the law as tools to make more money and protect their status.

• Like 1

Kim Seon-ah "A couple with Ahn Jae-wook? We've known each other for a long time, so we can breathe comfortably"

2RTCPEM3JBMCN2SVQ7W5V6ASNU.jpg

Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook are heralding the birth of a couple who are lawyers with an irresistible force.

JTBC's new Saturday drama 'The Empire: Empire of Law' (played by Oh Ga-gyu, directed by Yoo Hyeon-gi), which will be aired for the first time on the September 24th (Sat), is a life of desire and hypocrisy kept in the fortress built by law, and revealing and possessing their secrets. A work that deals with the fall scandal of people.

In the play, Kim Seon-ah is the head of the special division of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office and is the third-generation succession to the legal family, Han Hye-ryul, and Ahn Jae-wook is a law school professor with excellent looks and intelligence, and Han Hye-ryul's husband Na Geun-woo leads the drama. In particular, the two actors have a reputation as trustworthy and trustworthy actors who raise expectations for each cast with their solid acting skills and acting skills shown in various works such as dramas and movies.

UGWMHTHNJHVFJNG3RWB237BEPQ.jpg

In addition, Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook have a strong presence that captivates the viewers, and in this work, they are expected to create synergy throughout the work by adding perfect breathing as a couple.

Kim Seon-ah said, "I've been close with actor Ahn Jae-wook for a long time, but I haven't had a chance to work together in the meantime. It was nice to finally meet through this work, and it was a new feeling. As we met in the role of a couple, we've known each other for a long time," she said. Wouldn't the breath of those years come out well?' I had high expectations for this, but I was able to breathe comfortably."

Ahn Jae-wook also said, "I have a deep relationship with actress Kim Seon-ah. It was the first time we acted together, but we were able to shoot happily as we worked together as if we had been working together for a long time. Also, we are having a lot of good influence on each other, so the combination of the two of us. Of course, I am looking forward to the chemistry between Han Hye-ryul (Kim Sun-ah) and Na Geun-woo (Ahn Jae-wook) as well as viewers."

ZOLJQL25N4HZCVAL4HR3644TVY.jpg

Finally, ahead of the first broadcast, Kim Seon-ah said, "It's a work we've been working on since fall last year. We're excited and looking forward to meeting viewers after a long time. Through a work made with the precious sweat of the director, staff, and fellow actors, we can work together with you. I am always grateful to be able to meet you. Please look forward to it as we have worked hard for a long time.”

Next, Ahn Jae-wook said, "The secret and shocking private life of the married couple Han Hye-ryul and Na Geun-woo, hidden in their perfect appearance and power that will not be easily conquered, will be revealed this Saturday. I'm doing it, and I hope viewers will enjoy it. Please watch it a lot."

JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'The Empire: Empire of Law', which can confirm the explosive synergy that Kim Seon-ah and Ahn Jae-wook will create, will be broadcasted at 10:30 pm on the 24th (Sat).

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/09/21/YB6BAC5W6GQ6RBX4DIW42EQKVE/

• Like 2

'D-Empire' reveals character relationships...

SN2NJ5OW2YNC4CMWKFKLQEAHOQ.jpg

'The Empire: Empire of Law' character relationship has been unveiled.

Han Hye-ryul (Kim Seon-ah) and Na Geun-woo (Ahn Jae-wook) are by far the most prominent figures in the Empire of Law. The fact that Han Hye-ryul, who has the force of the head of the special division of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office, and Na Geun-woo, a law school professor with all the wisdom, are already exuding a unique presence as a couple.

Han Hye-ryul's parents, who will firmly support the couple, Gwang-jeon Ham (Lee Mi-sook), the head of the law school, Han Gun-do (Song Young-chang), the head of the law firm, Min-heon Ham (Shin Goo), his grandfather, and his new wife Ae-heon Lee (Hyun-kyung Oh), and the Central District Court You can feel the dignity of the Cheolongseong Beopbok family, which has been passed down from generation to generation, including Han Moo-ryul (Kim Jeong), the younger brother of judge Han Hye-ryul, and Han Kang-baek (Kwon Ji-woo), son of Han Hye-ryul, a law school student.

People who are closely entwined with the beopbok family also catch the eye. Han Hye-ryul's ex-husband, Go Won-kyung (played by Kim Hyung-muk), predicts that she will be closely associated with Han Hye-ryul even after her divorce, as she is a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office. In addition, Minguk University law school students who are struggling in a small class society, from the golden spoon to longevity students, are also expected to continue their inevitable ties with the beopbok family.

In particular, as Na Geun-Woo is a professor at Minguk University Law School and Ham Kwang-Jeon is the head of the Minguk University Law School, it is raising questions about how they will affect the beopbok family, who seem to be unenviable.

In addition, it depicts an unconventional and fatal story in which various interests are intertwined, including prosecutor Jang Il (Lee Moon-sik), a prosecutor who has a headache because of Han Hye-ryul, a journalist who digs a scoop, and a police officer who is inseparable from the prosecutor. It is said that he will be leaving, raising expectations for the first broadcast.

(Google translate)

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/09/19/47ZUDV3Z2R2543E4QFMVPJL5UI/

• Like 2