[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

Lee Do Hyun, Im Soo Jung, And More Get Passionate At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming tvN Drama

5E96503B-3628-48EA-B52E-844FC4A29156.webp

tvN’s new drama “Melancholia” (literal title) has shared a behind-the-scenes look at its first script reading!

“Melancholia” is an upcoming drama about a corrupt private high school that shows preferential treatment to students. Im Soo Jung stars as Ji Yoon Soo, a passionate high school math teacher, and Lee Do Hyun stars as Baek Seung Yoo, a loner who is ranked last place at his high school but was a renowned math prodigy as a child.

In addition to the two lead actors Im Soo Jung and Lee Do Hyun, scriptwriter Kim Ji Woon and director Kim Sang Hyuk also attended the first script reading.

Im Soo Jung remarked, “It’s an honor to work on a great project with great actors.” During the reading, the actress portrayed her character’s innocent passion and determination with great attention to detail. Ji Yoon Soo, who wants to teach students about the joys of learning rather than just give them the means to pass college entrance exams, came to life with vivid energy at the reading.

8D20DE86-24A9-4C00-9AC6-4CBDCDC7BCBB.jpeg

Lee Do Hyun shared, “In order not to be a blight [on this drama], I’ll work hard to prepare and try to create a great drama.”

Flawlessly immersing himself in his role, Lee Do Hyun transformed into Baek Seung Yoo, who voluntarily becomes an outsider while hiding his past as a child math prodigy who disappeared. Lee Do Hyun’s affection for his character was evident as he painted the emptiness felt by the young genius who has lost his path in life.

Im Soo Jung and Lee Do Hyun also displayed phenomenal chemistry as they expressed the way their two characters gradually connected through math.

A043649B-4FF1-4D23-8817-E0437D6124CE.jpeg

Spoiler

4268B79C-B6BE-4515-81C8-055A1B3E48BF.jpeg

Jin Kyung captivated the set with her powerful presence as she transformed into Noh Jung Ah, an influential person at the corrupt Ahsung Private Educational Institute and the head of the school administration at Ahsung High School. Choi Dae Hoon built tension in the story as he took on the role of Ryu Sung Jae, Ji Yoon Soo’s fiancé and a policy advisor at the Office of Education. He is a gentleman when it comes to love, but has a strong competitive streak.

The script reading was also filled with passionate acting from the other cast members including Jang Hyun Sung, Byun Jung Soo, Kim Ho Jin, and Woo Davi.

Spoiler

Melancholia1.jpg

“Melancholia” will premiere sometime in the second half of 2021.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 - Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun confirmed
  • Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 - Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun ⋔ Premiere on November 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Do Hyun And Im Soo Jung Change Each Other’s Lives In New Teasers For “Melancholia”

Oct 8, 2021

by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Melancholia” has shared new character teasers for its two leads!

Set in a private school that is rife with corruption, “Melancholia” will tell the story of a passionate math teacher named Ji Yoon Soo (played by Im Soo Jung) and a former math prodigy named Baek Seung Yoo (played by Lee Do Hyun), who fight to overcome social conventions and prejudices together.

Lee Do Hyun’s teaser captures the despair of his character Baek Seung Yoo, who says in voice-over, “I couldn’t solve that problem. I’m thinking of giving up. I hear there are problems that can’t be solved.” However, after he meets Ji Yoon Soo, his world becomes visibly brighter. The clip ends with him asking, “Is that something I can control? Falling into something, or not falling?”

Meanwhile, Im Soo Jung’s teaser features Ji Yoon Soo trying to help her lost student find his way.  She tells him encouragingly, “Your way of looking at the world through the lens of math is special. Because I like that. Baek Seung Yoo, I’m happy that I met you.”

“Melancholia” premieres on November 3 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492419wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-and-im-soo-jung-change-each-others-lives-in-new-teasers-for-melancholia

• Like 3

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 - Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun ⋇ Premiere on November 3