[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

“Melancholia” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “Dali And Cocky Prince” Sees Slight Rise

“Melancholia” Premieres To Promising Ratings + “Dali And Cocky Prince” Sees Slight Rise

Nov 11, 2021
by D. Kim

Melancholia” has joined the Wednesday-Thursday ratings race!

The tvN drama’s premiere episode on November 10 scored an average nationwide rating of 3.617 percent. Set in a private school rife with corruption, “Melancholia” stars Im Soo Jung as passionate math teacher Ji Yoon Soo and Lee Do Hyun as math prodigy Baek Seung Yoo as they come together to fight and overcome social conventions and prejudices.

KBS2’s “Dali and Cocky Prince” recorded an average nationwide rating of 5.3 percent for episode 15, which is a slight rise from 5.0 percent recorded for episode 14.

JTBC’s “Reflection of You” maintained an average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent, which is the same as its previous episode last week.

Cr. Soompi

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Melancholia” has joined the Wednesday-Thursday ratings race!

The tvN drama’s premiere episode on November 10 scored an average nationwide rating of 3.617 percent. Set in a private school rife with corruption, “Melancholia” stars Im Soo Jung as passionate math teacher Ji Yoon Soo and Lee Do Hyun as math prodigy Baek Seung Yoo as they come together to fight and overcome social conventions and prejudices.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/melancholia-premieres-to-promising-ratings-dali-and-cocky-prince-sees-slight-rise-in-ratings/#ixzz7BszASKTF

• Blob 1

First ep. and a lot of cliched tropes already. The swapping of identical bags for example. The passing of umbrella to a young lady in the rain, another.. The premise is like Sky Castle meet The Penthouse, but with Math ha.

I wonder what's Seung Yoo's trauma? As usual the ml is a tortured soul. His leading lady, Yoon Soo is a Math teacher that encourages her students to think out of the box.

That Ye Rin girl I am glad the drama didn't drag her deception. I understand why she did it I still can't warm up to her character. 

I feel like maybe there's no actual romance here I could be wrong as it's just begun. It feels more like a meet up of two brilliant minds that share a commonality. It could be just a mere platonic relationship Idk LoL. But I love both leads and the fl's voice is very lovely.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Will watch this because of ISJ.... she was great in Search WWW... so far so good from the review?

I get that some people are annoyed with the age gap.. but dont blame the actors... just enjoy the drama.. as others have said, see the French President's love story and the rest is history. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Saw ep1...  so far so good... 

Man, the maths they do at high school is this advanced???... never even came across it in my school before, my gosh..... haha...

The drama.should just aired as the writers want it to be...  and not be bothered by netizens complaints... if Now We sre Breaking Up leads also have huge age gap, whats the problem with this drama?

The romance between JKY and ISJ in Search Www was great, and we can clearly see that LDY is clearly not a boy...he is way too big (body size) to be a boy in the drama... him being in high school now...

I find it great that both are maths geniuses and finding each other, as geeky as they are, are once in a life time event... 3000 geop, according to Dali (of the Gamjatang's fame)... hahhaa:heart:

• Like 1

It must be hard living life as "gifted". Seung Yoo has the expectations of so many riding on him no wonder he looks so gloomy LoL.

His dad's approach is not the best either. Parents like his see their kids as an investment or tools to advance their social standing/living situation. 

Was the umbrella really that important LoL? It must have been a relief to have someone like Yoon Soo who understands him and lets him be or to breathe. Ye Rin's mom act like she's above everyone when she's classless as they come ugh.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Saw ep2... yes, generally, i like the drama... and welcome a love line between the two since both are so similar in their love of maths... age difference doesnt bother me, hey if old men can marry those in the 20s, why can female do the same thing right?:lol: get a grip, its just a drama...:D

Yes, his dad, such a bully.. didnt want to understand his son's trauma and keep forcing the boy... sigh.. to the extent of selling the house? Guilt teipping the boy?. I know they have their hopes pinned on him, but... in other dramas, the boy could have killed himself over such pressure already.. sigh... 

I guess the ^scandal^ of the teacher and student is the way to force Ye Rin's unethical way to engineered success. Lame but expected...

Someone mentioned Good Will Hunting, i remember watching it years so.. maybe its time to rewatch such old classics... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

The mother in law look like the clichéd k-drama type that's overbearing & look down on the daughter-in-law as if she's dirt. I don't think Yoon Soo's union with her fiance will work well later.. 

Rumors are spreading that Seung Yoo is crushing on Yoon Soo which results in a fight. The mother of the perp was real rich to put on a yelling match at the teacher's office but got quiet real quick when she found out it was her son who instigated the fight. 

I can see how students have crushes on their teachers.. I've not had that experience. All my teachers were women & they were dull LoL. 

The chemistry is overflowing despite the age gap, the way Seung Yoo looks at Yoon Soo give me butterflies eheh. Ye Rin is like a puppet being manipulated. I liked Yoon Soo's wedding dress - simple, understated and elegant. 

• Like 2