[Drama 2021/2023] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Season 1 & 2

larus

Netizens are praising Lee Sun Bin's exceptional acting skills in the new drama 'Work Later, Drink Now'

spacer.png

Lee Kwang Soo's girlfriend Lee Sun Bin is receiving much praise and love for her role as Ahn So Hee in the drama 'Work Later, Drink Now.'

spacer.png

On the episode of 'Work Later, Drink Now' that aired on the 11th, Ahn So Hee (played by Lee Sun Bin) was seen cursing at Chairman Park, the chairman of the company, where Han Ji Yeon (played by Han Sun Hwa) was working at before. 

Chairman Park had other intentions when appointing Han Ji Yeon as his personal nutritionist and abused his power against her. Ahn So Hee found out about this incident and taught him a lesson by yelling and cursing at his face.

This scene garnered much attention from netizens as they praised that Lee Sun Bin's acting was so real and her diction was so clear and articulate. Netizens commented, "her acting skills are so good, her diction is so clear," "Lee Sun Bin can even go on 'Show Me the Money' lol," and "Her acting is perfect. This is the best character for her yet."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/11/netizens-are-praising-lee-sun-bins-exceptional-acting-skills-in-the-new-drama-work-later-drink-now

• Blob 2

Choi Siwon and Lee Sunbin catch the eye with a dramatic atmosphere in 1st look magazine that is a 180 degree from their characters in the drama..."

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Actor and singer Choi Siwon has been confirmed to be the artist for part 5 of the 'Work Later, Drink Now' OST, the drama in which he is also the male lead. His OST, "Nobody But You", a pop r&b produced by stone music entertainment, will be released today 21.11.19 at noon

cr: siwonnies

spacer.png

• Like 2

“Work Later, Drink Now” In Talks To Launch 2nd Season

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 23, 2021
by L. Kim

TVING’s original series “Work Later, Drink Now” may be launching Season 2!

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three women whose life beliefs revolve around having a drink after getting off work. Lee Sun Bin plays television scriptwriter Ahn So Hee, Han Sun Hwa plays yoga instructor Han Ji Yeon, and Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji plays origami YouTuber Kang Ji Goo. Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon co-stars as Kang Book Goo, a variety show producing director (PD).

Since its premiere on October 22, the number of TVING subscribers has more than quadrupled, proving its popularity. The highlight video released on YouTube also recorded as many as 1.3 million views.

Industry representatives reported on November 23 that the drama’s production team has decided to make another season and is starting to prepare for filming. They also said that Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, and Jung Eun Ji were offered to return for the second season and are positively reviewing it.

In response to the report, a source from “Work Later, Drink Now” stated, “We’re positively discussing [the possibility of season 2] with the production company.”

The final episode of “Work Later, Drink Now” will air on November 26.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500094wpp/work-later-drink-now-in-talks-to-launch-2nd-season

• Awesome 2

by lo_ve, November 23, 2021

According to several reports on November 23rd, due to the popularity of TVING's "Work Later, Drink Now," there will be a second season. It was also reported that SECRET's Han Sun Hwa, Lee Sun Bin, and APINK's Jung Eun Ji already received the love call to return to the drama. 

TVING responded to the reports and stated that they are in positive discussion on the second season of "Work Later, Drink Now."

The drama is still ongoing and will still have to air two more episodes. Before the drama finally ends, the main cast will be having an online get-together on November 26, 2021, at 3 PM KST. It can be viewed through the TVING app and TVING's Youtube channel. 

"Work Later, Drink Now" is led by SECRET's Han Sun Hwa, Lee Sun Bin, APINK's Jung Eun Ji, and Super Junior's Choi Si Won. It narrates the story of three women who enjoy drinking together and sharing stories about their lives. The drama has 12 episodes.

The ongoing drama became one of the most successful series from TVING. The drama kept on breaking records and writing a new box office history. Since the premiere of "Work Later, Drink Now", the subscribers of TVING have quadrupled. Even the highlight clips of the drama on Youtube garnered over 1.3 million views proving its popularity.

"Work Later, Drink Now" can be viewed through TVING or OTT platform, OndemandKorea.

kbV0v_2f.jpg

For this year, Han Sun Hwa starred in two dramas. First is the JTBC drama "Undercover" alongside main leads Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo. Second is the ongoing series "Work Later, Drink Now." If the second season is confirmed, this will be her first project for 2022. 

"Work Later, Drink Now" is the comeback drama of Jung Eun Ji since 2017. She last starred in the series "Untouchable" with Kim Sung Kyun and Jin Goo

Lee Sun Bin last starred in the 2020 drama "Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation". She was also part of the 2021 movie "Mission: Possible." The actress will also join the cast of the upcoming movie "Bacteria" starring Kim Sang Kyung, Seo Young Hee, and Yoon Gyung Ho

This drama was also the comeback of Choi Si Won into acting. He last starred in the 2019 KBS drama "My Fellow Citizens!" with Lee Yoo Young, Kim Min Jung, Tae In Ho, Kim Eui Sung, and more.

https://mydramalist.com/article/work-later-drink-now-in-talks-for-a-second-season

• Awesome 2

So I finally binge-watched all episodes this weekend. Considering that each episode is a bit shorter than the usual kdrama episode, it pays to watch them all in one sitting. You wouldn't have much of that feeling that the weekly dose is a bit lacking. You see those backstories neatly tie up with the present day events. We may not be heavy drinkers like them, but we sure hope to have some tight friends of our own! I am glad that this series is having a great reception among viewers, even quadrupling TVING's subscribers. I do hope they all come back for the second season!    

:heart3::heart3:

On 11/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG those pictures wow and nice he will sing one of the Ost.

They're gorgeous on those photos! And the OST blended well in the storyline. Love the song! Choi Siwon was part of the team who composed that OST. :)

TVING original series 'Work Later, Drink Now' positively considering plans for season 2

According to insider reports on November 23, the popular TVING-original drama series 'Work Later, Drink Now' is currently positively considering plans for a second season. 

Starring Lee Sun Bin, Sunhwa, A Pink's Eunji, Super Junior's Siwon, and more, 'Work Later, Drink Now' tells the stories of three women who rely on the power of alcohol to get them through each day. Since its premiere back in October, the series has drawn a steady increase in TVING subscribers as word spread about the story's relatable characters and plot line. 

Now, thanks to viewers' avid requests, 'Work Later, Drink Now' may be returning with a second season soon! Discussions for a new season between TVING and the production company began midway through the drama's airing, insiders revealed. 

Meanwhile, the final two episodes of 'Work Later, Drink Now' will air this coming November 26. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/11/tving-original-series-work-later-drink-now-positively-considering-plans-for-season-2

spacer.png

• Like 1

Super Junior’s Choi Siwon And Lee Sun Bin Share Fondness For Their Characters In “Work Later, Drink Now”

spacer.png

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Lee Sun Bin talked about their hit drama “Work Later, Drink Now”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” tells the story of three women whose life philosophies revolve around having a drink after getting off work. Lee Sun Bin stars as television writer Ahn So Hee, while Choi Siwon plays her love interest and variety show producing director (PD) Kang Book Goo. The drama is currently reported to be preparing for a second season.

Choi Siwon, who has gained attention for changing up his look to play the eccentric Kang Book Goo, explained, “In everything I do, I believe in the philosophy of ‘If I’m going to do something, let’s go all the way and do it for sure.’ I wanted to look exactly like the oddball Kang Book Goo is, so I came up with the idea of growing a beard.”

He also expressed affection for his unique character, commenting, “I was able to have the great experience of meeting Kang Book Goo, a character who isn’t easy to understand; embracing him exactly as he was; and then portraying him again in my own way.”

spacer.png

As for Lee Sun Bin, who has stolen hearts as the relatable Ahn So Hee, the actress remarked, “So Hee may not be special, but she does her best and works harder than anyone at life. I hope that many people will laugh and cry together with So Hee and her friends while watching them.”

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500122wpp/super-juniors-choi-siwon-and-lee-sun-bin-share-fondness-for-their-characters-in-work-later-drink-now

• Like 1

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1

[naver special]  'Work Later, Drink Now' is ending. We've prepared a Kang Bukgu special for everyone who is sad..

Kang Bukgu, portrayed by actor Choi Siwon who is not afraid of changing (his appearance), is an oddball entertainment producer who does things his own way. 

Bukgu and writer Ahn Sohee don’t match at all, but they stick together and foretell a fiery moth to a flame romance. starting with an accidental sesame leaf kiss while drunk. two people entangled because of alcohol!"

To comfort Sohee after her father suddenly died, he stepped up and did a 180 change in appearance, making our hearts flutter with his reliable side. Warmhearted + wearing a perfectly fitting suit, it’s no secret that he gradually melted the hearts of viewers.

We saw Bukgu follow Sohee without hesitation to secretly give her food, neck pillow, her bag, even cab fare. in care + consideration, Bukgu got full marks + made us cry. Even took her to his own home to cook for her + feed her by hand. There is no man like this.

cr:siwonnies

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

I'm surprised that there isn't public outrage about this story,  since an article in Chosun Ilbo just had an article about how young people are influenced by actors and actresses drinking.  It's becoming a serious problem in South Korea.   Most dramas use too much of it anyway, but a drama with drinking as its theme is over the top.

Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Jung Eun Ji, And Choi Siwon Share Closing Comments On “Work Later, Drink Now”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 27, 2021
by C. Hong

TVING’s original drama “Work Later, Drink Now” has come to an end!

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three friends who like to go out drinking together after work. Lee Sun Bin starred as Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa as Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji as Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon co-starred as Kang Book Goo, Ahn So Hee’s co-worker and a variety show producing director.

Lee Sun Bin said, “Since it’s a drama in which we worked hard to make each and every scene relatable and comforting to viewers, it was a very meaningful experience, and one that left behind a lot of lingering feelings. That’s why I feel a lot of regrets and longing. Even though it’s a drama that I appeared in, now that it’s finished airing, I feel like I’m going to miss So Hee, Ji Yeon, and Ji Goo.”

Han Sun Hwa said, “Thank you to the viewers, who sent us so much love until the very end. Because they enjoyed and loved the drama, I was able to feel a sense of reward in playing Han Ji Yeon. Every moment I spent filming with my peers was a fun experience. I’ll work hard to show a good image of myself in future as well.”

Jung Eun Ji said, “Due to the interest and love shown in our drama, I was able to relax as an actor knowing that the production staff, who had worked hard for the entire filming period, would take pride in the results. I want to keep learning as an actor and will greet everyone in another good project in future.”

Choi Siwon said, “Thank you very much for the overwhelming love. I was happy to work with actors with such great chemistry, the production staff who created a warm environment, and the writer and director who created these three-dimensional characters. I am sincerely grateful to the viewers and wish them a warm and happy end of the year.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500750wpp/lee-sun-bin-han-sun-hwa-jung-eun-ji-and-choi-siwon-share-closing-comments-on-work-later-drink-now

• Like 2

I personally found the first couple of episodes pretty difficult to get into. The storyline up to that point is: "These ladies are HOT MESSES!" But once you get past Ep. 3, it becomes genuinely fun and interesting.

Yes, they drink. They POUR ALCOHOL down their throats... end up sloppy drunk... crawling on the floor... passed out in some random place... But at a certain point, you begin to relate to them as characters and understand what's going on in their lives.

Also, the episodes are short. Some are only 30 minutes. So the whole thing feels breezy. And I really like all 3 actresses. It's a nice, easy watch.

Also, Choi Siwon. He has this manic, wild-eyed energy. He can be really funny. He's a good fit here.

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished this and I NEED SECOND SEASON FASTTTTTT!!!! 

With the same cast. With the same loveline where we left off. I hate when his voice is really familiar but I can't put a face on it, and it was Yoon Shi Yoon. Now I want to see him and Jin Goo together. I need 2nd season for Jin Goo. and Ji Yeon. and So Hee. and Kang PD. 

I WANT MOREEEEEE!!! :criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Lee Kwang-soo’s girlfriend Lee Sun-bin shares difficulties of filming bed scene in ‘Work Later, Drink Now’

Hachi120715 hours agoLast Updated: December 2, 2021

“Was there any pressure while preparing the bed scene? No, not at all.”

Actress Lee Sun-bin made this remark in a wrap-up interview of TVING’s drama Work Later, Drink Now held at a cafe in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of November 30th. Lee Sun-bin played the role of Ahn So-hee, a variety show writer who likes to go out drinking after work with friends. In particular, she received a lot of attention for her hot bed scene with variety show producing director Kang Book-goo (played by Choi Si-won).

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2021/12/02015816/lee-sun-bin-02112021-1-1-683x1024.webp

Was there any pressure while preparing the bed scene? Lee Sun-bin drew attention by emphasizing “not at all”. She said, “If you look at bed scenes or kiss scenes in ‘Work Later, Drink Now’, you will never see the type of romantic scene you know. Under normal circumstances, I would brush my teeth before the kiss scene and ask my acting partner ‘What should we do with the angle?’, but this time it was different.”

She added, “During the filming process, Choi Si-won often sat crossed-legged and told me something like ‘What should I do to make it funnier?’, ‘I’ll pretend I’m naked and push you’, ‘Then I’ll fall like this’… I don’t know how he felt, but I found it funny rather than nervous or burdened.”

Meanwhile, TVING’s “Work Later, Drink Now” tells the story of three women whose belief in life is one drink at the end of the day. It premiered on October 22nd and ended on November 26th.

https://kbizoom.com/lee-kwang-soos-girlfriend-lee-sun-bin-shares-difficulties-of-filming-bed-scene-in-work-later-drink-now/

• Like 1