[Drama 2021/2023] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Season 1 & 2

larus

Lee Sun Bin Shares Her Thoughts On Drama “Work Later, Drink Now,” Boyfriend Lee Kwang Soo’s Support, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021
by J. Ahn

Lee Sun Bin spoke about her character in “Work Later, Drink Now” (also known as “City Girl Drinkers”) and her boyfriend Lee Kwang Soo in an interview with News1!

Based on a webtoon, TVING’s “Work Later, Drink Now” is a drama about three women whose life beliefs revolve around having a drink after getting off work. Lee Sun Bin plays television writer Ahn So Hee, Han Sun Hwa plays yoga instructor Han Ji Yeon, and Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji plays origami YouTuber Kang Ji Goo. Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon also stars as Kang Book Goo, a variety show producing director (PD).

Lee Sun Bin shared her thoughts on the drama’s conclusion by saying, “I’d like to thank everyone for watching. People say they’re grateful because the drama made them laugh, but we ourselves truly found comfort [in the drama].”

When asked about Season 2, she said, “I believe everyone [in the cast] responded positively [when asked about appearing in Season 2]… I think the ending of Season 1 signals the forthcoming second season. I can’t imagine how the story will continue.”

Lee-Sun-Bin.jpg

Lee Sun Bin revealed that she doesn’t actually drink that much in real life, explaining, “I never really had people around me that drank a lot… I can’t even drink coffee because it’s so bitter.”

She also talked about Han Sun Hwa and Jung Eun Ji, saying, “We once had a few drinks at my house. We’re really close and comfortable with one another, so we met around 6 p.m. and stayed up talking and drinking until 4:30 a.m.”

She went on to add, “We often suggested different ideas to make each other’s characters stand out more. That isn’t easy to do, and it made me think that we had really become best friends.”

Speaking about her character, Lee Sun Bin said, “I think Ahn So Hee is a character that people can relate to. She’s a normal person who blends in.”

“I was able to portray a lot of different things that I wouldn’t have been able to if it hadn’t been for this role,” she continued, adding that it had been particularly difficult memorizing the long lines.

Lee-Sun-Bin-2.jpg

When asked about which scene had been most challenging, Lee Sun Bin chose the funeral scene, explaining, “It was my first time having an emotional scene go on for so long… I thought a lot about how to show different kinds of tears for every situation. It was a lot of pressure, since we shot that scene for three days.”

Lee Sun Bin also talked about the romantic chemistry she had with Choi Siwon in the drama. “We were really focused on how to make our kiss scenes and bed scenes comedic,” she recalled with a laugh. “It felt like we were filming action scenes. It was hilarious.”

When asked about her boyfriend Lee Kwang Soo‘s reaction to the drama, she said, “He watched ‘Work Later, Drink Now’ as it aired, and he has been really supportive… He really enjoyed the drama.”

Finally, she commented on what “Work Later, Drink Now” means to her, saying, “I feel like I gained real sisters.” She added, “When I saw the ‘Work Later, Drink Now’ script, I thought that this was the type of drama that I had always really wanted to try, but I also worried about whether this would be a good fit for me. However, I’m glad that lots of people liked my character and the drama. It feels like getting an exam back and seeing that I got the answers right.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501853wpp/lee-sun-bin-shares-her-thoughts-on-drama-work-later-drink-now-boyfriend-lee-kwang-soos-support-and-more

Han Sun Hwa Talks About “Work Later, Drink Now” Season Two, Cursing Scene With Jung Eun Ji, And More

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 3, 2021
by J. Ahn

Han Sun Hwa talked about her character and her friendship with Jung Eun Ji and Lee Sun Bin with News1!

Based on a webtoon, TVING’s drama “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three friends who like to go out drinking together after work. Lee Sun Bin starred as Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa as Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, and Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji as Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber. Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon co-starred as Kang Book Goo, Ahn So Hee’s co-worker and a variety show producing director.

Han Sun Hwa commented on the ending of “Work Later, Drink Now,” saying, “I’m so thankful for all the love we received. I think that all the staff members and actors would be happy about the positive feedback.”

Han Sun Hwa talked about her character, Han Ji Yeon. “I think I’m like Han Ji Yeon. Han Ji Yeon is a bright and energetic person who hides her sadness and pain. One difference is that I’m not as bright as people think I am. I worry a lot and think too much.”Han-Sun-Hwa-2.jpg

She talked about how she told the writer of the drama that she’ll bring her success, saying, “I said that to the writer after hearing about the difficult times that the writer went through. I wasn’t actually sure if I could make the drama successful, but thankfully, it worked out well.”

Han Sun Hwa commented on the funeral scene, saying, “I liked my character because of this specific scene. I was able to portray a diverse side of my character. This brought a realistic balance to Han Ji Yeon.” Han Sun Hwa continued to show admiration for her character and shared, “I like the confidence that Han Ji Yeon has and I wanted to be like her.”

After being asked how she felt being called a ‘pretty maniac,’ she said, “I’ve never seen a character like this before. The way she carries herself is different and the things she says is also unique.”

Han-Sun-Hwa-1.jpg

Han Sun Hwa also spoke about her chemistry with Jung Eun Ji, saying, “We had a scene where we were cursing at each other and it was really fun. Jung Eun Ji is a great actress and the writer told us that it looked like two actual friends having an argument.”

She also mentioned Lee Sun Bin. “I became close with both Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji. Lee Sun Bin is the youngest, but she was very reliable. She has great leadership qualities and I’m very thankful for that.”

Finally, Han Sun Hwa shared her thoughts on Season 2, saying, “I’m quite out of it at the moment after giving it my all for the first season so I haven’t really thought about Season 2 yet. However, I’d work really hard for it if it happens.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1501860wpp/han-sun-hwa-talks-about-work-later-drink-now-season-two-cursing-scene-with-jung-eun-ji-and-more

#SIWON #SUNBIN making a crazy canapé with sweet chemistry 

Who would have thought that a drama with a theme of drinking ladies could dive deep and tackle some tough realities. The foundation of these ladies having each others' back, sober or not, was perfectly laid out, thus adding sense to the storytelling of being able to go past life's challenges, with the help of their most trusted drinking buddies. Siwon's character perfectly weaved through the lives of these ladies, and lead to the development of Sunbin's character. I hope we see more of this love story flourish in the next season. Hoping also to see more of the chemistry of these four for Season 2. The final episode did leave a lot of questions to be answered.

Apink’s Jung Eun Ji Reflects On Her Career, Hopes For Season 2 Of “Work Later, Drink Now,” And Chemistry With Han Sun Hwa And Lee Sun Bin

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 5, 2021
by C. Hong

Apink’s Jung Eun Ji participated in a series of interviews upon the end of her TVING drama “Work Later, Drink Now.”

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three friends who like to go out drinking together after work. Lee Sun Bin starred as Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa as Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, and Jung Eun Ji as Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon co-starred as Kang Book Goo, Ahn So Hee’s co-worker and a variety show PD.

Spoilers

About playing Kang Ji Goo, she said, “I had no idea that people would like her so much. When I first saw the character, I thought that it was fresh. I would be able to act with expressions I hadn’t done before. She’s someone who has a lot of walls and a lot of scars. A person with a lot of scars might seem sharp and tough on the outside, but just like a scab, it doesn’t mean they’re a bad person. In the end, Ji Goo is someone who always takes care of the people around her. Because of the trauma of having been unable to care for Se Jin, she takes care of Ji Yeon and So Hee. Ji Goo had never been able to live her own life, she only lived the life her mother mapped out for her. Se Jin was the person who helped her break free of that mold. Before Se Jin took her own life, she said the memorable line, ‘If you’re born backwards, you have to walk backwards.’ When Se Jin died, Ji Goo began to walk backwards, shaking off her mother’s control and learning to find herself. She keeps trying to find the things she likes.'”

jung-eun-ji-1.jpeg

About a second season, she said, “As big as the reward was, it also took a lot out of me. I’d never played something so depressing, but I felt a deep sense of responsibility to show that these things existed inside Ji Goo. We filmed while laughing and smiling, but when I was home alone, I realized that you can be affected a lot by a character. It was a fresh project for me. I also really like the idea of having multiple seasons. I really want to show Ji Goo living happily. Of course, she’ll go through more trials and tribulations in season two as well. I think that there will be more reasons why they drink so much.”

jung-eun-ji-2-.jpeg

About her chemistry with Lee Sun Bin and Han Sun Hwa, she said, “I really wished I had friends like this. Of course, I do have friends like that. I do, but these characters were the same age, and they’d been friends since college. I really like that kind of relationship. I think that if you have someone who knows your life story, who can say, ‘Do you remember when…’, then later in life, you have someone that you can do more things with. I liked that I got close with Sun Bin and Sun Hwa unni in the drama. We’re around the same age. The scene that was most painful to film was So Hee’s father’s funeral. I remember thinking that the scene was so detailed that young people could watch it as practice for the funerals in their future. There’s a lot of fear around the funeral process, but it’s important to know how it goes, from the start to the end.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1502306wpp/apinks-jung-eun-ji-reflects-on-her-career-hopes-for-season-2-of-work-later-drink-now-and-chemistry-with-han-sun-hwa-and-lee-sun-bin

by Salty_bae, December 7, 2021
5 2

Do you love dramas about amazing female friendship like Age of Youth? Are dramas about food and alcohol like Drinking Solo your thing? Or are you perhaps a connoisseur of bizarre comedy as seen in Pegasus Market? I have a great drama for you!

Work Later, Drink Now

15v2y_2f.jpg

= General Information =

Episodes: 12 episodes per 35 minutes

Genres: Friendship, Food, Sismance, Life, Comedy

Work Later, Drink Now revolves around the lives of 3 ladies in their early 30s who have been friends since their university days. Every evening after work, they meet together in their favourite pub and drink lots of alcohol to forget or celebrate their day. All three main leads are sort of losers but they are trying to live their best life as they bicker, make up and always have each other’s backs.

This drama is a somewhat big-budget webrama and so spending more time on sharing details about the story would, in my opinion, ruin most of the fun for the potential viewer. That’s why I will try to make this CW short and sweet. What you need to know the most is that this drama is excellently character-based and impressively well-acted, so let's jump right into the next part of the article!

= Characters and Cast

a99c39110adde6684d51d4e778221ff462e517f6

Han Sun Hwa as Han Ji Yeon

Ji Yeon is as beautiful as she is stupid. And she is extremely beautiful! She works as a yoga instructor and her genius lies mostly within her charming personality.

Lee Sun Bin as Ahn So Hee

So Hee is the glue of the group and probably the most ordinary one. She works as a writer in a TV station and, as this job demands, she is somewhat workaholic and quite goal oriented. When she gets drunk, she falls for the most disgusting and pitiful man she meets.

15v7b_2f.gif

more https://mydramalist.com/article/currently-watching-work-later-drink-now

Do you watch OTT instead of TV?

After organizing the dramas that aired only in 2021, it can be seen that OTT has grown tremendously. Apple TV, Disney+, and Coupang ambitiously entered the Korean content market this year. Rumors that 500 dramas are produced a year do not seem to be an exaggeration considering the lineup below, the lineup of dramas broadcasted by broadcasters, and numerous web dramas that are not introduced separately. How many dramas have you watched this year?

TVing, OTT-like success with "Come to the Witch's Restaurant" and "Work Later, Drink Now".
Tving worked hard to create OTT content this year. It also boldly released works that seemed to be worth broadcasting on tvN or OCN, responding aggressively to quality and quantity. As a result, there seems to be some loyalty to the original TVing. The dramas presented at TVing this year showed works by "I'm writing your destiny," "Come to the Witch Restaurant," "Oh My Lord," and "Work Later, Drink Now." "Come to the Witch Restaurant" and "Work Later, Drink Now" were highly talked about.

spacer.png

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/333036

"Work Later, Drink Now” Confirmed For 2nd Season With Original Cast

spacer.png

All the main cast members of TVING’s “Work Later, Drink Now” will be back for the second season!

On December 15, TVING confirmed that “Work Later, Drink Now” would get a second season, with Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Apink’s Jung Eun Ji, and Super Junior’s Choi Siwon reprising their roles.

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” was a drama about three friends whose life philosophies revolved around having drinks together after work. Lee Sun Bin played Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa played Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, Jung Eun Ji played Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber, and Choi Siwon played Kang Book Goo, a variety show PD.

A source from TVING stated, “We decided on and prepared for a second season quickly after the end of the first because of the fans who were eagerly waiting for a new season. Just like the first season, the second season will be a relatable and heartwarming drama about longtime friends and drinking buddies with quirky chemistry.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503781wpp/work-later-drink-now-confirmed-for-2nd-season-with-original-cast

• Like 1

“Work Later, Drink Now” Confirmed For 2nd Season With Original Cast

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 15, 2021
by C. Hong

All the main cast members of TVING’s “Work Later, Drink Now” will be back for the second season!

On December 15, TVING confirmed that “Work Later, Drink Now” would get a second season, with Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Apink’s Jung Eun Ji, and Super Junior’s Choi Siwon reprising their roles.

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” was a drama about three friends whose life philosophies revolved around having drinks together after work. Lee Sun Bin played Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa played Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, Jung Eun Ji played Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber, and Choi Siwon played Kang Book Goo, a variety show PD.

A source from TVING stated, “We decided on and prepared for a second season quickly after the end of the first because of the fans who were eagerly waiting for a new season. Just like the first season, the second season will be a relatable and heartwarming drama about longtime friends and drinking buddies with quirky chemistry.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1503781wpp/work-later-drink-now-confirmed-for-2nd-season-with-original-cast

by lo_ve, December 15, 2021

On December 15th, OTT platform TVING announced that the second season "Work Later, Drink Now Season 2" will be produced. The main cast such as SECRET's Han Sun Hwa, Lee Sun Bin, APINK's Jung Eun Ji, and Super Junior's Choi Si Won will also return to the new season.

"Work Later, Drink Now" is based on the webtoon "Sooldo Girl" by Mi Kkang. The drama narrated the daily lives and beliefs of three single women in their 30s. The second season will continue to tell the story of the three and the people surrounding them. The drama is directed by Kim Jung Shik ("So Not Worth it" and "Smashing on Your Back.")

SECRET's Han Sun Hwa plays the role of Han Ji Yeon, the yoga instructor, and genius of the group. Lee Sun Bin plays the role of Ahn So Hee, a broadcasting writer who lives in the same house as Han Ji Yeon. APINK's Jung Eun Ji plays the role of Kang Ji Gu, a former teacher turned Youtuber. Lastly, Super Junior's Choi Siwon plays the role of Kang Buk Gu, the main PD of a variety show and the colleague of  Ahn So Hee.

"Work Later, Drink Now" became famous for its realistic portrayal of friendships, office workers' joy and sorrows, and even the drinking scenes. Many also praised the main cast for their acting skills and great chemistry. 

The drama is one of the most successful series from TVING. "Work Later, Drink Now" joined "The Witch's Diner," "Happiness," "Yumi's Cells," and more in the hit list.

"Work Later, Drink Now" is being prepared quickly so that the fans will not wait for long. No confirmation yet on the premiere date of the second season. 

The first season of "Work Later, Drink Now" can still be viewed through TVING or OTT platform, OndemandKorea.

4zgJY_2f.jpg

"Work Later, Drink Now" will be the first project of Jung Eun Ji, and Choi Si Won in 2022. 

Meanwhile, Lee Sun Bin is set to star in the upcoming movie "Bacteria" starring Kim Sang Kyung, Seo Young Hee, and Yoon Gyung Ho. Han Sun Hwa will reportedly join the upcoming movie "Letter from Kyoto."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/work-later-drink-now-confirmed-for-season-2-with-the-main-cast

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021/2022] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Jung Eun ji & Choi Si Won- Season 2 confirmed in 2022

I finished watching the show, and honestly it was amazing. Really funny, really cute.

I liked the lead actresses already, but now I love them. I'm so glad they're having a S2. This is one of those shows where subsequent seasons could always be good, because it's really fun to just see them hang out.

“Work Later, Drink Now” Actresses Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, And Apink’s Jung Eun Ji To Star In New Variety Show

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 22, 2021
by L. Kim

Your beloved trio from tvN’s “Work Later, Drink Now” is coming back – in a variety show this time!

On December 22, a source from tvN stated, “Lee Sun Bin, (Apink’s) Jung Eun Ji, and Han Sun Hwa will be appearing in ‘Work Later, Hike Now’ (literal translation). It is a variety show revolving around mountain climbing, and it is scheduled to air in the first half of next year.”

Based on a webtoon,” “Work Later, Drink Now” was a drama about three friends whose life philosophies revolved around having drinks together after work. Lee Sun Bin played Ahn So Hee, a variety show writer, Han Sun Hwa played Han Ji Yeon, a yoga instructor, Jung Eun Ji played Kang Ji Goo, an origami YouTuber, and Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon played Kang Book Goo, a variety show PD. All the main cast members will be back for the second season.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505074wpp/work-later-drink-now-actresses-lee-sun-bin-han-sun-hwa-and-apinks-jung-eun-ji-to-star-in-new-variety-show

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

TVing “Work Later Drink Now” is officially invited (in Korea Focus section) to the “CANNESERIES: 2022 Cannes International Series Festival” along with the drama “괴이”.

WLDN will be officially screened at 11AM (France local time) on April 6th. +

spacer.png

• Like 2

by lo_ve, March 9, 2022
5 0

Two TVING dramas are invited to the Korea Focus session of the 2022 Cannes International Series Festival.

On March 9th TVING announced that "Monstrous" and "Work Later, Drink Now" were officially invited to the festival. They also stated that it is the first official invitation of the Cannes International Series Festival among all the original contents of OTT in Korea. 

The Cannes International Series Festival is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year. The event will be held in Cannes, France from April 1 to April 9. "Monstrous" will be screened at 9 AM on April 6 (France local time) and "Work Later, Drink Now" will be at 11 AM on the same day.

AN official from TVING shared, "We will do our best and focus more on further enhancing the status of K-content and creating more original content that can be loved and recognized globally."

k26jk_2f.jpg

"Work Later, Drink Now" premiered in October last year. The series was well-loved by local viewers and made history in TVING for the increase of paid subscribers by 178 percent. Because of this, a variety program was made featuring the three main leads, the drama was re-aired on tvN, and a new season is already in the works. 

The chemistry of Lee Sun Bin, Secret's Han Sun Hwa, APINK's Jung Eun Ji, and the Super Junior's Choi Si Won, made the drama more realistic and relatable that boosting the popularity of the series. Many also relate to the stories of each character. 

Meanwhile, "Monstrous" is set to premiere this coming April. The series will be led by Koo Kyo Hwan, Shin Hyun Bin, Kwak Dong Yeon, Nam Da Reum, Park Ho San, and Kim Ji Young. The series is a supernatural thriller that will showcase the strange incident that happened in a village with a cursed Buddha statue. The series is directed by Jang Kun Jae and written by Yeon Sang Ho ("Peninsula" and "Train to Busan") and Ryu Yong Jae ("Peninsula").

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/monstrous-and-work-later-drink-now-invited-to-cannes-international-series-festival

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

“Work Later, Drink Now,” “Monstrous,” And “Damn Good Company” Invited to Cannes International Series Festival

spacer.png

Three Korean series have been invited to the 2022 Cannes International Series Festival!

The Cannes International Series Festival was created in 2018 and aims to highlight drama series from all around the world. At this year’s event, three Korean shows have been invited to the “KOREA FOCUS” category: tvN’s “Work Later, Drink Now,” Watcha’s “Damn Good Company,” and TVING’s upcoming drama “Monstrous” (literal title).

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three friends who like to go out drinking together after work. The drama stars Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji, and Super Junior‘s Choi Siwon. The program premiered last October and has been confirmed for a second season, due to the drama’s popularity.

The fifth annual Cannes International Series Festival will be held on April 1 through April 6 in France. “Monstrous” will screen on April 6 at 9 a.m. local time, while “Work Later, Drink Now” will screen on the same day at 11 a.m. local time.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1516899wpp/work-later-drink-now-monstrous-and-damn-good-company-invited-to-cannes-international-series-festival

• Like 1

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1

Han Sun Hwa Talks About Similarities To Her “Work Later, Drink Now” Role And Her Love Of Mountain Climbing

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 27, 2022
by S. P

“Work Later, Drink Now” actress Han Sun Hwa recently participated in a pictorial and interview for fashion magazine Cosmopolitan!

In the interview, Han Sun Hwa said that she has been spending her days participating in photo shoots and relaxing in between filming for her next project.

Han Sun Hwa starred in “Work Later, Drink Now” as Han Ji Yeon, and she commented that her personality in real life was similar to that of her character. “Although I have times where I’m like a big sister, I am actually more suited to my more playful side,” she revealed. She also commented on the hiking variety show she filmed together with her co-stars, saying, “Since I was the one with the most hiking experience among the three of us, I wanted to take on the role of a big sister, but I ended up becoming more free and careless with Jung Eun Ji and Lee Sun Bin since they spread a kind of happy virus.”

The actress also remarked on what she had learned about her co-stars. “Both of them were great hikers despite being beginners,” she said. “Jung Eun Ji is an energetic person so I had expected her to be able to keep up, but I was surprised when Lee Sun Bin stuck right behind me all the way to the summit. I think it was thanks to the way we all supported each other just like our synergy in the drama.”

Han-Sun-Hwa-2.jpg

When asked what drew her to mountain climbing, Han Sun Hwa said that it helps her forget her worries. “If I keep moving my body, my mind starts to empty,” she explained. “If I hike up a mountain when I’m having a difficult time, my mind finds peace in that moment.” She went on to describe that she reaches the summit by thinking only of the path in front of her.

Han Sun Hwa also commented on her drinking habits, saying, “When I’m alone it’s annoying to prepare something extravagant. I’m the type to cook up some beef or avocado and enjoy it with a glass of wine. I also eat fruit or nuts.”

The actress was then asked to choose her most memorable role. After mentioning that it was difficult to choose, she added, “I received a lot of love as Han Ji Yeon, and I’m thankful that more people are showing interest in my acting. However, I think not just Han Ji Yeon, but all of my roles are similar to me in some way.”

Han Sun Hwa’s full interview can be found in the April issue of Cosmopolitan.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1519311wpp/han-sun-hwa-talks-about-similarities-to-her-work-later-drink-now-role-and-her-love-of-mountain-climbing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Work Later, Drink Now EXCLUSIVE: Lee Sun Bin & Jung Eun Ji on friendship, what to expect from Season 2 & more

In an EXCLUSIVE chat with Pinkvilla, Work Later, Drink Now stars Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji spoke candidly about their hit web series, what will be explored in Season 2, their characters' respective love interests and more. Read their interview below.

by Karishma Shetty   |  Updated on May 03, 2022 02:29 PM IST  |  146.2K

lee_sunbin_jung_eunji_interview_0.jpg?wi

Work Later, Drink Now has been a major hit in South Korea and was recently invited to the Cannes International Series Festival under its Korea Focus category. Moreover, the popular web series has already been renewed for Season 2. This doesn't come as much a surprise as fans loved the hilarious yet heartwarming friendship shared between the three lead protagonists; Ahn So Hee (Lee Sun Bin), Kang Ji Goo (Apink member Jung Eun Ji) and Han Ji Yeon (Han Sun Hwa).

Over many a drinks, we witness the complex personal and professional lives of three completely relatable characters in Work Later, Drink Now. While Lee Sun Bin's Ahn So Hee is a broadcast writer stuck in a complicated relationship with PD Kang Book Goo (Super Junior member Choi Si Won), Jung Eun Ji's Kang Ji Goo is an origami YouTuber, with an anonymous potential love interest in Mr. Nice Paper (Yoon Shin Yoon) and Han Sun Hwa's Han Ji Yeon is a yoga instructor with Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Jin) on her love radar. Back in April, Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji attended the Cannes International Series Festival in France, representing Work Later, Drink Now.

*SPOILERS ALERT* I had the humble opportunity to interview Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji during their CANNESERIES appearance and the lovely ladies spoke candidly with me about their excitement surrounding Work Later, Drink Now's entry into the Cannes International Series Festival, promising to reach a more global audience, what they're most excited to explore in Season 2, whether Ahn So Hee actually has feelings for Kang Book Goo, their real-life drunk shenanigans, Kang Ji Goo and Mr. Nice Paper's potential love story, what they have learned from the trio (including Han Sun Hwa) as actors and friends and which was the hardest scene to shoot in the web series.

Check out Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji's EXCLUSIVE interview with Pinkvilla for Work Later, Drink Now below (Translated from Korean to English by Ayushi Agrawal):

Work Later, Drink Now is very popular in Korea and with its entry into the Cannes International Series Festival, how excited are you for your drama to reach a global audience?

ung Eun Ji: It's also a happy occasion for us to be here.

Work Later, Drink Now has also been picked up for a Season 2. What aspect of your respective characters are you most excited to explore in the upcoming season?

Lee Sun Bin: We really want to talk about it as well. But we don't know much either. The three main characters' friendship is loved so we think parts displaying new sides of the friendship would definitely be focused on.

Lee Sun Bin, given your character Ahn So Hee and Kang Book Goo's (Choi Siwon) complicated relationship, do you think Ahn So Hee actually has feelings for Kang Book Goo?

Lee Sun Bin: *laughs* It's a secret. To be honest, I'm also very curious about it. After the last season ended in that way with Choi Siwon, I want to know what happens next.

While viewers are aware of your characters' drunk shenanigans in Work Later, Drink Now, have you ever had any real-life hilarious incidents when drunk?

Jung Eun Ji and Lee Sun Bin: We were all drunk. *both laugh* In fact the cast once met during dinner time at 6 pm and continued to drink until 4:30 am even though there was no filming.

Jung Eun Ji, we are finally introduced to Mr. Nice Paper (Yoon Shi Yoon) in Work Later, Drink Now's last episode. How do you think your character Kang Ji Goo and Mr. Nice Paper's story is going to continue in Season 2? What are you most excited about that love story?

Jung Eun Ji: I don't know at the moment but I think they might meet again in Season 2. I'm looking forward to it myself. But since nothing is decided, I wonder if that person would be shocked looking at this interview. *both laugh* Nothing is decided for now.

Given how you've worked so closely on Work Later Drink Now along with your co-star Han Sun Hwa, what have you'll learnt from each other as actors and friends?

Jung Eun Ji: First of all, having the chance to get to know these two actresses was a big learning experience for me. Lee Sun Bin and Han Sun Hwa are very different as actors on the filming site. Their attitude towards acting is very different so that side of them was a learning experience for me. As I have not had a lot of chances to work with these fellow actors, for me it was an occasion to receive inspiration from them. I began respecting them.

Lee Sun Bin: Even though we met as colleagues working on the same project while filming, it was as if Ji Goo and Ji Yeon really became my friends in real life.

Work Later, Drink Now aptly balanced the hilarious scenes with some deeply emotional moments. Which was the hardest scene for you to shoot and why?

Lee Sun Bin: For me, it was the scene at the funeral hall. According to Korean culture, the rituals carry on for three days. In reality, we shot it for three days so the procedure could be well demonstrated correctly. Even after it ended and I came back home, the feelings of the funeral stayed with me and every time I shed tears, I thought it had to appear as different emotions so that was very difficult to shoot. I received a lot of help during filming it, and so, I could finish it off well.

While Lee Sun Bin and Jung Eun Ji were adorably coy about Work Later, Drink Now Season 2, we can't wait to see what's in store for our new favourite K-drama trio in the upcoming season!

Which was your favourite Lee Sun Bin, Jung Eun Ji and Han Sun Hwa's "friendship" moment in Work Later, Drink Now? Share your personal picks with Pinkvilla in the comments section below.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/work-later-drink-now-exclusive-lee-sun-bin-jung-eun-ji-friendship-what-expect-season-2-more-1080463