[Drama 2021/2023] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Season 1 & 2

larus

Watch: Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, And Jung Eun Ji Relieve Stress From Work With Alcohol In “Work Later, Drink Now” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 15, 2021
by C. Hong

TVING’s upcoming drama “Work Later, Drink Now” has shared a five-minute highlight clip!

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three women whose philosophy in life revolves around having a drink after getting off work. Lee Sun Bin stars as variety show writer Ahn So Hee, Han Sun Hwa stars as yoga instructor Han Ji Yeon, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji stars as origami YouTuber Kang Ji Goo. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon co-stars as Kang Book Goo, a variety show PD (producing director).

The highlight clip starts by introducing each of the three female leads and showing their daily lives as they battle stress at work and let loose with after-work drinks. Ahn So Hee (Lee Sun Bin) wakes up on the floor of her room and is late to work, much to the displeasure of her co-worker Kang Book Goo (Choi Siwon). She messes up during a meeting with the pronunciation of “ASMR,” and the caption reads, “I drink for the fuel I need to endure the world.” When she drinks, she becomes bold and reckless, irritating the people around her, but when she’s sober, it’s Kang Book Goo who gets on her nerves.

Ahn So Hee’s roommate, Han Ji Yeon (Han Sun Hwa), wakes up with a bra over her face instead of a sleeping mask. She heads to work at the yoga studio, but when she instructs her students to breathe deeply, one of them whispers, “Don’t you smell alcohol on her breath?” Her caption reads, “I drink because it’s fun.” When she’s drunk, she acts flirtatious and cute, but at one point she begins to talk to a stranger at the bus stop like she knows him.

Kang Ji Goo (Jung Eun Ji) makes an astonishing entrance in the video by sleeping inside a literal doghouse. As she crawls out, the voice-over says, “The reason that Ji Goo is sleeping in a doghouse is because the owner of the house used to have a dog. It’s not that Ji Goo is a dog.” Cold and cynical while sober, she relaxes a little but doesn’t lose her bluntness when she’s drunk.

The clip also introduces Kang Book Goo, whose quirky ways of thinking suit him for the life of a variety show PD but get on his writer Ahn So Hee’s nerves. He insists, “Back in my day, we didn’t even have time for a glass of water while filming,” suggesting that he’s a hard-liner when it comes to work.

The rest of the clip shows the three female leads visiting various restaurants in pursuit of drinks and the tasty food that accompanies them. One restaurant owner is shocked to find that the three women had drunk 20 bottles of soju and beer between them. But their fun is cut short when all the people around them, including family members and doctors, warn them to cut back on the drinking. They mess up at work and embarrass themselves, but still end up getting together for drinks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493652wpp/watch-lee-sun-bin-han-sun-hwa-and-jung-eun-ji-relieve-stress-from-work-with-alcohol-in-work-later-drink-now-teaser

• Awesome 2

Watch: Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, And Jung Eun Ji Can’t Stop Teasing Choi Siwon While Filming Posters For “Work Later, Drink Now”

TVING’s upcoming drama “Work Later, Drink Now” released new behind-the-scenes moments from the poster filming!

Based on a webtoon, “Work Later, Drink Now” is about three women whose philosophy in life revolves around having a drink after getting off work. Lee Sun Bin stars as variety show writer Ahn So Hee, Han Sun Hwa stars as yoga instructor Han Ji Yeon, and Apink’s Jung Eun Ji stars as origami YouTuber Kang Ji Goo. Super Junior’s Choi Siwon co-stars as Kang Book Goo, a variety show PD (producing director).

Han Sun Hwa enters the set of the poster filming and shares, “I want to stop looking at drinking tables now.” Choi Siwon also joins the set, sharing that he hopes that the shoot will end at 5:30 even though it’s currently only 4:00. Han Sun Hwa asks Choi Siwon if his beard is real, and Choi Siwon reveals, “It took about a month to settle in.”

When the photographer tells them that the concept is, “Let’s not push today’s drink to tomorrow,” Choi Siwon comments, “I’ll just pretend to get along.” Lee Sun Bin starts getting creative with her poses by thinking from her character’s perspective. Jung Eun Ji asks Choi Siwon if he’s good at drinking, and he replies that he’s not because he has a difficult time the next day. The photographer compliments the actors, saying, “The three of you are all doing great.” Realizing Choi Siwon is also in the picture, she quickly corrects herself by saying, “No, the four of you are doing great.” Choi Siwon loudly asks, “Who said I’m not good? I’ve caught you, who are you?”

Lee Sun Bin suggests that they crowd around Choi Siwon for the next poster. The photographer comments that he looks cute, and Choi Siwon remarks, “This is the first time I’ve heard someone say I’m cute after growing out my beard.”

For the next poster, Lee Sun Bin asks the photographer to make them look like they’re drinking really strong alcohol. Although she lies and says it’s real alcohol, Han Sun Hwa quickly discovers that the drink is barley tea. Monitoring the pictures, Lee Sun Bin comments, “We’re always drunk, but today we’re a bit refreshing.” When Choi Siwon joins them and makes silly faces, Jung Eun Ji keeps asking, “Why do you use your face so recklessly? If you’re going to use it like that, please give it to me.”

For the individual poster filming, Lee Sun Bin laughs while seeing how silly the posters can get. She comments, “I want to be funny,” but Lee Sun Bin holds herself back and still poses charmingly. Han Sun Hwa is satisfied with how her photos turn out, saving a photo for herself on her phone, while Jung Eun Ji impresses the staff with her experienced handling of her drink. During Choi Siwon’s turn, the photographer comments, “It’s not funny. He’s too good looking.”

Han Sun Hwa walks onto the set telling Lee Sun Bin, “Aren’t you looking too pretty?” Lee Sun Bin replies, “Is that something you should say to me?” Joined by Jung Eun Ji, the three actress are full of energy as they dance and vibe to the music for the final poster filming. Lee Sun Bin even hilariously shares that her gums are getting too dry from smiling so much.

Watch the full making-of video below!

“Work Later, Drink Now” premieres on October 22. Take a look at the latest teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494053wpp/watch-lee-sun-bin-han-sun-hwa-and-jung-eun-ji-cant-stop-teasing-choi-siwon-while-filming-posters-for-work-later-drink-now

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Jung Eun ji & Choi Si Won- Premieres on October 22

Super Junior’s Choi Siwon Dishes On His Chemistry With Lee Sun Bin, Apink’s Jung Eun Ji, And Han Sun Hwa In Their New Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 23, 2021
by E. Cha

In a recent interview and pictorial for Marie Claire magazine, Super Junior’s Choi Siwon shared his thoughts on his latest drama!

Choi Siwon is currently starring in the new TVING drama “Work Later, Drink Now” alongside Lee Sun Bin, Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji, and former Secret member Han Sun Hwa. Based on a popular webtoon, the drama tells the story of three women whose philosophy in life revolves around having a drink after getting off work.

In the drama, Choi Siwon plays the role of variety show PD (producing director) Kang Book Goo, a character whom he lovingly described as “unusual.” According to the Super Junior member, the script for “Work Later, Drink Now” was so much fun that as soon as he read it, he immediately wanted to join the drama.

Choi Siwon also spoke enthusiastically about his friendships with his co-stars, commenting, “I think I’ve made some really great friends. My chemistry with my co-stars is so good that we don’t even have to worry about it. Also, while filming, I was able to learn gratitude and feel how precious things were. In many ways, I think it’s a drama I’ll remember for a very long time.”

Choi-Siwon-2.jpg

As for what Choi Siwon takes into consideration when he first approaches a new acting project, the idol-turned-actor shared that he focuses on not only the story and his own role, but also the overarching message and the changes that take place within the work. Additionally, he explained that he tried to play up different aspects of his characters in order to make each role as multifaceted and fun as possible.

Choi-Siwon-3.jpg

Choi Siwon’s full interview is available in the November issue of Marie Claire Korea magazine.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1494987wpp/super-juniors-choi-siwon-dishes-on-his-chemistry-with-lee-sun-bin-apinks-jung-eun-ji-and-han-sun-hwa-in-their-new-drama

• Awesome 1

Oldest PD Choi Siwon, writer Lee Sunbin, "No Tuna Gimbap".

The biggest crisis in life for drinkers in their 30s | Trailer of episodes 3 and 4.

@backstreetboysfan, really? I haven't watched it yet. Good thing it's available on ondemandkorea with ENG subs.

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/work-later-drink-now-e1.html?from_collection_name=Other Episode%3AWork Later%2C Drink Now %3A E02

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Work Later, Drink Now/ Drinker City Women, 술꾼도시여자들 -Lee Sun Bin, Han Sun Hwa, Jung Eun ji & Choi Si Won- Friday @16:00 KST

Lee Sun Bin X Jeong Eun Ji, Lee Soo Min, and Drunk Retreat Woman Fighter.

"A man looks handsome when he's drunk". Lee Sunbin and Choi Siwon.

The biggest crisis in Sun Bin and Han Sun Hwa's lives! "Why do you have BTS' ASRM..."

Spoiler

actress han sunhwa: "see you soon on tving

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I tried, I watched 2 episodes and a part of episode 3, and I decided to stop, there is something a bit off. The actresses are a bit annoying in their acting. I thought the episodes were a bit short because it was only 30 min, but 45 min would have been too long.

I do not know if people can really dring like 25/30 bottles of alcohol in 1 night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

I do not know if people can really dring like 25/30 bottles of alcohol in 1 night.

they drink 25 bottles? 

I watched 1 episode and dropped it immediately. I didn't like the way they introduced the 3 FLs with their crazy, over-the-top, totally unrealistic blind date - and the amount of alcohol. 

It's just unrealistic to pull the kind of things off they did during their date. Also the personalities are all too Pixie Manic Girl, especially the one who does weird aegyo (her voice is super annoying too).  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

they drink 25 bottles? 

I watched 1 episode and dropped it immediately. I didn't like the way they introduced the 3 FLs with their crazy, over-the-top, totally unrealistic blind date - and the amount of alcohol. 

It's just unrealistic to pull the kind of things off they did during their date. Also the personalities are all too Pixie Manic Girl, especially the one who does weird aegyo (her voice is super annoying too).  

In the 2nd or 3rd episode the owner of the restaurant said they drank 19 bottle of Soju, I am not sure if he counted the beer too. Right after they went to another retaurant where they drank almost 10 more bottles.

I totally agree with you about the serie. I finally dropped it. It is too unrealistic and feel like all scenes is just them drinking. Like there is no stories.

• Like 1

CONTEST: Movember Oppa event - win prizes!

Chingus, now is your chance to win prizes as we are launching our Movember oppa event. Let your creative juices flow as you transform your oppa into a mustache oppa or a beard oppa. Let other forum members admire your oppa with facial hair. :wub: 

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

spacer.png

spacer.png

TVING's paid subscribers have increased 178% because of "Work Later, Drink Now"; the drama is gaining rapid word of mouth popularity in south korea with its previews amassing over 8.8 million views; in just 3 weeks it's had over 100 million viewers on TVING. 

cr: siwonnies

spacer.png

• Like 1