[Drama 2022] Doctor Lawyer, 닥터 로이어

larus

2 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

I do think she might have reject the offer for Jane The Virgin.

Probably. Yes, Dr Lawyer will air in April (after some rumors) so  both dramas will start filming soon. She can`t do both.

• Like 1

Im Soo Hyang Does Double Duty Cast as So Ji Sub `s Female Lead in Dr. Lawyer and Will Also Star in the K-remake of Jane the Virgin Reuniting with Sung Hoon

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/08/19/im-soo-hyang-does-double-duty-as-shes-cast-as-so-ji-subs-female-lead-in-dr-lawyer-and-will-also-star-in-the-k-remake-of-jane-the-virgin-reuniting-with-sung-hoon/

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From 'The Black Sun' to 'Doctor Lawyer'... New MBC Friday-Saturday Drama

MBC, which celebrates its 60th anniversary, will introduce a new lineup of Friday-Saturday dramas in various materials and genres by next year, starting with 'Black Sun' starring Namgoong-min. This is a self-help measure to increase the viewer ratings of the sluggish drama.

According to MBC on the 13th, 'Black Sun', which will be released at 10 pm on the 17th, is a spy action drama jointly invested by MBC and OTT (Online Video Service) Wave.

It is the story of a missing top agent of the National Intelligence Service as he returns to the organization to find the inner traitor who dropped him into the abyss

In November, the romantic historical drama 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' will be aired. This work depicts the heartbreaking story of a court lady who wants to protect the life she has chosen and a king who puts the country first over love. Lee Jun-ho and Lee Se-young took the lead roles.

In the first half of next year, top stars such as Kim Hee-sun, So Ji-sub, and Park Hae-jin will meet with viewers.

First, Kim Hee-sun will appear in 'Tomorrow'. It is a work based on the popular Naver webtoon of the same name as the story of special grim reapers who came to save people. Kim Hee-sun takes on the role of Gu-ryun, her messenger from the dead.

So Ji-sub transforms into Han Yi-han, a genius surgeon who became a lawyer specializing in medical litigation after losing everything through a rigged operation through 'Doctor Lawyer'. It is a medical court drama that draws attention because it is set in a hospital and a courtroom at the same time.

Park Hae-jin, who received the Grand Prize for acting last year for 'Kkondae Intern', will appear in the weekday mini-series 'From Now on, Showtime!'. It is a romantic comedy in which a magician who wields a ghost meets a female detective and solves a case through a psychic investigation. Park Hae-jin plays the magician Cha Cha-woong.

https://m.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20210913045400005?section=entertainment/all

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

Im Soo Yang has been confirmed to be the female lead on the remake of a Jane The Virgin….what is happening with her lead role on Dr Lawyer?

She is a actress, she has two lead role in these twos dramas, it's confirmed, so she will be very busy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

She is a actress, she has two lead role in these twos dramas, it's confirmed, so she will be very busy

I know she is an actress, but usually actress do one after one not 2 lead at the same time especially because of the schedules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitchoum said:

I know she is an actress, but usually actress do one after one not 2 lead at the same time especially because of the schedules.

I agree. We`ll see if she will confirm for Dr Lawyer as well. It is possible to be in two dramas but the filming scredules have to permit that. I read that they will be start filming for Jane, The Virgin remake soon. If Dr Lawyer will be airing in spring how it was rumored, they will start filming in December or January the latest. If they will push back the airing date, then it is possible for Im Soo Hyang to appear in it.  If not, we`ll hear about another leading lactress. We`ll see.  I am curios about the other casting as well. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

On 10/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, larus said:

I agree. We`ll see if she will confirm for Dr Lawyer as well. It is possible to be in two dramas but the filming scredules have to permit that. I read that they will be start filming for Jane, The Virgin remake soon. If Dr Lawyer will be airing in spring how it was rumored, they will start filming in December or January the latest. If they will push back the airing date, then it is possible for Im Soo Hyang to appear in it.  If not, we`ll hear about another leading lactress. We`ll see.  I am curios about the other casting as well. 

On the Jane the Virgin thread someone said they push to 2022 for Dr Laywer. Apparentl they will start in 2022. I did not see this info. I tought she was confirmer for this one. I was happy, I am a bit disappointed she is doing We From Today. Not a fan of the pairing.

From what  i remember We From Today (Jane the Virgin) is supposed to film from October 2021 to Mai 2022.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

On the Jane the Virgin thread someone said they push to 2022 for Dr Laywer. Apparentl they will start in 2022.

From what I know Dr Lawyer is a drama that will in Friday- Saturday line up, airing after drama Tomorrow. But it is not confirmed so it is possible that, maybe, this drama will air later than we thought. So far only So Ji Sub is confirmed. Without official news, we can assume Im Soo Hyang will do this drama after the other drama. Everything is possible.

We From Today will film until May? 6-7 months. It is plausible. But that means Dr Lawyer will air in the second half for sure if the female lead is Im Soo Hyung. We`ll see. I just want to see the cast confirmation earlier not after the drama starts filming like other projects. 

• Like 2

@larus  The tweet from @.kdramacasting, I tought it was a confirmation  lol. Usually the leads are confirmed before they start filming. It is often the others character you learn when they start or after. I know for Now We Are breaking up it is what happened. I am sure it is the same for others drama. There are drama which only confirmed 1 lead, especially the one which you do not know really when they will start filming like Dr Lawyer. I know for The Glory with Song Hye Kyo, it is the same. They are supposed to start in the second half of this year so between September and December, but there is no knew from it. We only know SHK will be the lead, but not others actors name dropped yet. I wonder if covid is not a problem with doing casting and schedules drama.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

The tweet from @.kdramacasting, I tought it was a confirmation  lol. Usually the leads are confirmed before they start filming. It is often the others character you learn when they start or after.

Not always. For exemple, we knew that drama Our Blues  (for exemple) started filming last month or two months ago because there was a picture on twitter but there was no news about the confirmation of the cast or other information about the characters. The confirmation came today. They did not start without actors signing for the drama. 

Yesterday there was a confirmation of an actress who will apprear in Chimera but this drama finished filming last year. :lol:

Usually actors have signed for the drama before the filming beggins but we won`t know until they will announce officially. They will announce when they want. I am sure there are other actors have joined  already to Dr Lawyer but so far no casting news beside So Ji Sub (confirmed) and Im Soo Hyang (not confirmed yet). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shin Sung Rok Confirmed To Join So Ji Sub In Upcoming MBC Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 29, 2021
by L. Kim

Shin Sung Rok and So Ji Sub are starring in a drama together!

On October 29, Xportsnews reported that Shin Sung Rok will be starring in the new MBC drama “Dr. Lawyer” (working title). Later on the same day, the actor’s agency Sangyeong ENT confirmed that it’s true.

“Dr. Lawyer” is a heart-warming and cathartic drama about a genius surgeon who becomes a medical malpractice lawyer after losing everything from a fabricated surgery and a prosecutor from the Medical Crimes Department who loses their only family and lover through that surgery. Together, they punish those who believe that the importance of a person’s life can be ranked based on their wealth and power and comfort the victims who have been wronged.

So Ji Sub has been confirmed to play Han Yi Han, a medical malpractice lawyer who used to be a genius double-board certified doctor with specialties in both general surgery and thoracic surgery.

Shin Sung Rok will take the role of Jayden Lee, the head of the Asian branch of Honors Hand, a company specializing in lobby and investment. He has the power to control everything with his words and actions, and he does whatever he can to achieve success. In particular, Jayden Lee is a veiled character who is unreadable, and he is expected to be an important variable in the drama.

“Doctor Lawyer” is written by Jang Hong Chul of “Mr. Temporary” and directed by Lee Yong Suk of “Haechi,” “The Village Achiara’s Secret,” and “Iljimae.”

The 16-episode drama is set to air via MBC in the first half of 2022.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495907wpp/shin-sung-rok-confirmed-to-join-so-ji-sub-in-upcoming-mbc-drama

• Like 1

I am surprised that Shin Sung Rok is the villain in Dr Lawyer. I thought the main villain will be an older actor but that`s alright. He will be great. Also he doesn`t look he is a doctor either but I am sure his business are in medical field as well. I like that. 

• 4 weeks later...