[Drama 2022] Doctor Lawyer, 닥터 로이어

larus

Actor Lee Gyu-bok joins 'Doctor Lawyer'.

202205311011241910_1.jpg

On the 31st, HB Entertainment announced the good news, "Actor Kyu-bok Lee has been cast as Chief Cheon in MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Doctor Lawyer'

In the play, Lee Gyu-bok takes on the role of Chief Cheon, who is the current Minister of Health and Welfare nominee Goo Jin-gi (Lee Kyung-young). Chief Cheon, from Jin-gi's 707th Special Forces, is a mysterious figure whose life is hidden from military service to discharge from the military.

After debuting in KBS' 'Baking King Kim Tak-goo' in 2010, Lee Gyu-bok has built up his own filmography with stable acting skills and various genres such as dramas 'Flower of Evil', 'Speak as you see', 'Doctor Prisoner', and 'My Lady of 100 Days'. is coming In particular, he recently took on the role of Kang Sang-goo in OCN's 'Chimaira' and caught the attention of viewers as well as the tension of the play with his mad eyes.

Through this 'Dr. Lawyer', he is expected to give off a heavy presence, and his upgraded dark charisma will provide a breathtaking tension in the small screen. The drama will be broadcast for the first time on MBC at 9:50 pm on Friday, June 3.

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/349523

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202205311011241910

• Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Im Soo Hyang Impresses With Her Transformation In “Doctor Lawyer” As A Fierce And Determined Prosecutor

MBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Lawyer” has shared another glimpse of Im Soo Hyang in her starring role!

“Doctor Lawyer” is a new drama about a genius surgeon who becomes a medical malpractice lawyer after losing everything due to a rigged surgery and a prosecutor who loses her only family and lover through that same surgery. Together, they set out to punish those who believe that the importance of a person’s life can be ranked based on their wealth and power.

Im Soo Hyang’s character Geum Seok Young is a prosecutor who believes that criminals are rehabilitated not through leniency but through punishment, while she is more eager to declare truly innocent defendants as innocent than even their own lawyers. In particular, she undergoes a very large emotional change that changes her life forever. Therefore, Im Soo Hyang has to act with an exceptionally large range of emotions.

The newly released stills offer a glimpse of Geum Seok Young’s turbulent life. Her eyes are filled with overwhelming emotions that includes rage and sadness. Im Soo Hyang is already deeply impressing viewers with her solid acting, and even director Lee Yong Seok praised her acting transformation, calling her the “Queen of Tears.”

Im-Soo-Hyang-31-800x533.jpg

Im-Soo-Hyang-2-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Im-Soo-Hyang-1-800x533.jpeg

Im Soo Hyang is considered one of the most versatile actresses, and she showcased skillful acting in various genres like romance, action, and thriller. She is currently starring in the SBS drama “Woori the Virgin” as a responsible assistant screenwriter of a popular soap opera. However, fans can anticipate a new side of her as she makes a 180-degree transformation into the fiery Geum Seok Young.

The production team commented, “Im Soo Hyang tried her best in every scene, pondered a lot, and made effort after effort to play the character of Geum Seok Young, who had no choice but to be at the center of the storm. In addition, despite having consumed a lot of emotional energy, she always smiled on the set for the cast and crew. Please look forward to ‘Doctor Lawyer’ where her hot passion and acting transformation will shine.”

“Doctor Lawyer” will premiere on June 3 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Im Soo Hyang Impresses With Her Transformation In “Doctor Lawyer” As A Fierce And Determined Prosecutor | Soompi

Dr. Lawyer' So Ji-sub becomes a ghost doctor... Acting and screen control

image_readtop_2022_487090_16541369915062

Attention is focused on So Ji-sub (Han Yi-han), who returns to the small screen after 4 years.

In the midst of this, on June 2nd, the production team of 'Dr. Lawyer' revealed the appearance of ghost doctor So Ji-sub standing in the operating room ahead of the first broadcast. The operating room is a place where life and death come and go. A doctor with a scalpel is inevitably subject to great responsibility and tension. In the photo, So Ji-sub rarely shows his emotions on his face. In addition, So Ji-sub's eyes flashing over the mask show sharp concentration and composure.

Just by the appearance of So Ji-sub in the photo, you can guess why he is called “the ace swordsman” and how talented a surgeon he is. So, what is the reason why So Ji-sub, who has such outstanding skills, has been called a ‘ghost doctor’? What was the reason he had no choice but to become a ‘ghost doctor’? Thanks to actor So Ji-sub's powerful expressive power, many questions and curiosity are soaring in the minds of prospective viewers even before the first broadcast.

In this regard, the production team of 'Dr. Royer' said, "In 'Dr. Lawyer', which will be broadcast for the first time tomorrow, the story of Han Yi-han, a ghost doctor and the main character who will go on to sharpen the blade of revenge, begins. So Ji-sub, who returned to the drama after 4 years, will draw viewers to the TV by filling 60 minutes with his unwavering acting skills and screen dominance. We ask for your interest and anticipation for the first episode of the drama ‘DoctorLawyer’, which the actors and crew, including So Ji-sub, did their best.”

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/06/487090/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Doctor Lawyer, 닥터 로이어- So Ji Sub, Im Soo Hyang & Shin Sung Rok- @Friday-Saturday, 22:00

"Focus on the details"... 'Doctor Lawyer' So Ji-sub, returned to the medical court genre

3ac98feb-7547-4dcb-8a3b-eb3933240a52.jpg

On the June 3rd, an online production presentation of MBC's new drama 'Doctor Lawyer' was held. The event was attended by So Ji-sub, Shin Sung-rok, Im Soo-hyang, and director Lee Yong-seok to talk about the work. 'Doctor Lawyer' is a medical suspense drama about a genius surgeon who became a lawyer after losing everything through a rigged operation and a prosecutor in charge of medical crimes. Writer Jang Hong-cheol of 'Mr. Periodic' and director Lee Yong-seok of 'The Village: Achiara's Secret' collaborated.

Director Lee Yong-seok, referring to the main characters, said, "It was delightful to watch. The characters are so good. In other dramas, there was a sense of pressure that I had to lead as a captain. In 'Doctor Royer', I only played the role of a master. It's comfortable and fun to shoot," he said proudly. Hearing this, So Ji-seop said, "You studied very hard behind the scenes, because when the actors ask you, you have to answer them."

f033494c-599d-4e76-afa0-aaa2e40e4bed.jpg

As you can see from the drama title 'DoctorLawyer', the work stands for a unique genre that combines doctors and lawyers, medical dramas and courtroom dramas. The production team and actors of 'Doctor Lawyer' put a lot of effort into detail and professionalism. We want to convey difficult stories in an easy way. So Ji-sub also revealed that he practiced a lot so that medical and legal terms could stick to his lips.

9f09d2c6-0dcb-4ae9-926b-3df5d868f631.jpg

Medical drama was not easy for director Lee Yong-seok, who has been through various works from historical dramas to genre plays and comedies. After meeting the script, the director overcame his mannerisms and wanted to show a different side of him as a director, so he took on this work. His relationship with So Ji-sub is also meaningful. It is rumored that the work that led So Ji-sub to acting was director Lee's debut film. So Ji-sub returns to the small screen after 4 years.

Shin Sung-rok and Im Soo-hyang appeared in the lead roles along with So Ji-sub. The synergy drawn by the three actors is expected to complete the texture of the work. Director Lee expressed his satisfaction by saying, "The ensemble of the three actors is very good" as the reason to see the work. So Ji-sub said, "Im Soo-hyang's acting is very immersive. She is like a fountain that never dries up while acting in tears. Also, Shin Sung-rok beautifully digested the rustic lines," and pointed out the extraordinary friendship.

In response, Shin Sung-rok said, "I only trusted So Ji-sub and went. He treated his juniors so comfortably. Thanks to him, I played freely." Im Soo-hyang learned a lot by watching the attitudes of her senior actors on set. She said, "I have a great desire to work with seniors. Also, the narrative of the characters in the script touched my heart greatly," she said, explaining why she chose the work.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022060314590004087

Spoiler

ccb9f215-55fb-4358-92fa-e0a32513f2ac.jpg

• Like 2

MBC drama 'Doctor Lawyer' production presentation to support actor Lim Soo-hyang

MBC drama 'Doctor Lawyer' production presentation to cheer actor So Jisub -So Jisub Malaysia FC:

[FULL] So Ji-seop, Im Soo-hyang, Shin Seong-rok @ Junghee Advent  / This is Kim Shin-young, a song of hope at noon / MBC 220603 broadcast

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Doctor Lawyer, Why Her?, Cleaning Up

by missvictrix

PW_06022022.jpg

We have three new shows premiering this weekend — and you thought the weekend schedule had finally quieted down, right? Wrong! We’ve not only got So Ji-sub and Seo Hyun-jin with new dramas, but also a quirky comedy from JTBC to top it all off.

Doctor Lawyer

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/doctorlawyer_pw.jpg

Time slot: Friday-Saturday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Drama, legal, medical, thriller
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: There’s something about So Ji-sub I just love, and always will, so when he’s starring in Doctor Lawyer as the eponymous doctor-turned-lawyer, how can a girl refuse? Dramaland loves its stories of doctors. And its stories of the courtroom. And its stories of wronged heroes. Hey, why not sandwich all those things together? The result is Doctor Lawyer. Also starring Shin Sung-rok and Im Soo-hyang, the drama is written by the screenwriter who brought us Class of Lies (actually quite good, for a coldish crime show), so here’s hoping the doctoring is painless and the lawyering is pro bono.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/premiere-watch-doctor-lawyer-why-her-cleaning-up/

• Like 2

source:

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220603000602

press conference.

2673-QI6-WQR-6.jpg

cast So Ji Sub

Spoiler

113780412-2-1.jpg

Im Soo Hyang

Spoiler

113780743-1.jpg

Shin Sung Rok

Spoiler

9017348b854ca1.jpg

b611a679d2deb5.jpg

new poster.

Spoiler

optimize.jpg

full trailer.

Spoiler

just caught the first episode.

Spoiler

hai everyone. I'm aghast. the immoral director has killed Han Yi Han's girlfriend's brother to extract the new heart that had just been transplanted? I just knew this patient was not going to survive but what a way to die. :innocent:

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode 1 :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Trails Close Behind

Meanwhile, MBC’s new drama “Doctor Lawyer”—which airs in the same time slot as “Why Her?”—premiered to an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent. The show stars So Ji Sub as Han Yi Han, a genius surgeon who becomes a medical malpractice lawyer after losing everything to a rigged surgery, and Im Soo Hyang as Geum Seok Young, a passionate prosecutor who joins him in his quest for justice.

“Why Her?” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Trails Close Behind | Soompi

So Ji Sub’s Perfect Life Starts To Fall Apart As He Gets Tangled Up In A Medical Incident In “Doctor Lawyer”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jun 4, 2022
by L. Kim

MBC’s “Doctor Lawyer” has shared a sneak peek of the second episode!

“Doctor Lawyer” is a new drama about a genius surgeon who becomes a medical malpractice lawyer after losing everything due to a rigged surgery and a prosecutor who loses her only family and lover through that same surgery. Together, they set out to punish those who believe that the importance of a person’s life can be ranked based on their wealth and power.

So Ji Sub stars as the titular medical malpractice lawyer Han Yi Han, who changed careers after a devastating incident in the operating room. Im Soo Hyang plays Geum Seok Young, a passionate prosecutor who believes firmly in justice. Shin Sung Rok takes on the role of the mysterious Jayden Lee, the head of the Asian branch of Honors Hand, a company specializing in lobby and investment.

Spoilers

The first episode shared a look at Han Yi Han, a genius doctor with excellent surgical skills who has saved the lives of many patients. His career seemed to be nothing but perfect, and he was also in a happy relationship with his lover Geum Seok Young. However, towards the end of the episode, Han Yi Han was called to the operating room by Goo Jin Ki (Lee Kyung Young). With unsettling tension in the air, Han Yi Han scanned the room and asked who the mysterious patient on the operation table was. Goo Jin Ki gave him a vague explanation and asked him to perform a heart transplant with a heart that practically came out of nowhere.

With viewers getting increasingly curious about what will happen next, the drama unveiled new stills that depict Han Yi Han’s life taking a sudden nosedive.

In one photo, Han Yi Han is performing surgery with Goo Jin Ki, and Han Yi Han’s sharp eyes create a layer of suffocating uneasiness. The next still shows him talking to someone in an enclosed space, and he looks pale and bewildered by the turn of events. Last but not least, Han Yi Han is spotted in court wearing a prison uniform. What exactly happened to Han Yi Han, and how did he end up at the lowest point of his life?

Doctor-Lawyer-1.jpeg

So-Ji-Sub.jpeg

Spoiler

So-Ji-Sub-2.jpeg

The drama’s production team teased, “In the second episode, which will be broadcast today, the stormy developments surrounding the main character Han Yi Han will officially begin. His life, which seemed like it was unable to be destroyed, will fall into the abyss in a flash. So Ji Sub dramatically portrayed Han Yi Han’s desperate fate with his unshakable acting and willing passion. For episode 2, please focus on the acting of actor So Ji Sub, who expressed Han’ Yi Han’s roller-coaster-like fate.”

Episode 2 of “Doctor Lawyer” will air on June 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1529440wpp/so-ji-subs-perfect-life-starts-to-fall-apart-as-he-gets-tangled-up-in-a-medical-incident-in-doctor-lawyer

• Like 2

the truth surrounding the case.

Spoiler

hai everyone. :D I sometimes wonder if I take so long to end this, because as long as I know I still have a few posts left to write, I can still claim to be out on the road due to the immoral director is just a sick man. of course immoral director is desperate for funding, so he will do whatever it takes for these VIP surgeries. money continues to be a problem but aside from that everything to him is play. anyhow, Yi Han should have left this place a long time ago. the fact that he has to be a ghost surgeon for the director's son is unethical. nevertheless, pretty interesting first episode. the sign on the hermetic sliding door to the operation area said (engaged) and I was engaged. :D I mean it's So Ji Sub, (adding that) actor the A-list star  comeback on the silver screen. we've waited for four years if I'm not mistaken, and gradually I'll watch till the end.

from the stills, he gets punished for this... :innocent:

source

new OST song 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Where can I watch this with English subs?  Can't seem to find it in usual places.

It's up on several (not legal) streaming sites, so it should be easy to find.  

I came by to lurk since I'm trying to decide if I want to watch.  Really like SJS but I'm so tired with KDramas letting me down with bad endings that I've been avoiding all of them.

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 2! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Cleaning Up” Premieres + “Doctor Lawyer” Falls

Meanwhile, MBC’s new drama “Doctor Lawyer”—which airs in the same time slot as “Why Her?”—fell to an average nationwide rating of 4.2 percent for its own second episode.

“Why Her?” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Cleaning Up” Premieres + “Doctor Lawyer” Falls | Soompi

• Like 1

Doctor Lawyer: Episodes 1-2 (First Impressions)

by solstices

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/doclaw12_0.jpg

So Ji-sub and Shin Sung-rok in one drama? Count me in. Doctor Lawyer premieres with a fast-paced opening week of complicated surgeries and dubious ethics, and it’s one heck of a ride.

Editor’s note: Drama coverage will continue with weecaps.

EPISODES 1-2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

We open with a court case, in which defendant PARK KI-TAE (Kim Hyung-mook) is charged with the death of a child due to medical malpractice. Right as the verdict is about to be announced, though, Ki-tae suffers a cardiac arrest and collapses to the floor.

That sets the stage for the dramatic return of HAN YI-HAN (So Ji-sub), who’s now a lawyer. He strides confidently into the courtroom, diagnoses Ki-tae with anaphylaxis within seconds, and immediately gets to work saving his life.

But first, we rewind to five years ago, when Yi-han was still a doctor at Banseok Hospital. He’s a whiz in the operating room, finishing a surgery in half the time others usually take.

Yi-han checks on patient GEUM SEOK-JOO (Han Seung-bin), who’s just taken an exam while hospitalized for his heart condition. Right then, Yi-han gets a call from GEUM SEOK-YOUNG (Im Soo-hyang), who is his girlfriend and Seok-joo’s older sister (as well as the prosecutor for Ki-tae’s case in the present day).

Seok-young is currently riding in an ambulance with a patient who stabbed himself, which leads to Yi-han providing medical guidance over video call and rushing to operate on him. (Okay, we get it, he’s a geeenius.)

Yi-han manages to pull the patient back from the brink of death, but a message notification from his phone has him leaving the operating room and entrusting another surgeon to finish up.

Meanwhile, another surgery is ongoing in a secret underground operating room. It’s led by GU HYUN-SUNG (Lee Dong-ha), who panics under the pressure and accidentally nicks a blood vessel. That’s the reason for the text message, sent by hospital chairman GU JIN-KI (Lee Kyung-young) who’s watching the surgery from a live feed.

Thanks to ghost doctor Yi-han, the VIP patient is saved, but all credit goes to the chairman’s son Hyun-sung. This has been an arrangement for a while, covering up Hyun-sung’s incompetency while fueling his insecurity complex.

Still, it seems like all’s well that ends well. Seok-joo gets a perfect score on his exam despite nearly passing out, and Yi-han relays the news to Seok-young that they’ve found a heart donor for Seok-joo. Pulling out a ring box, Yi-han proposes to Seok-young, promising to marry her after Seok-joo recovers and enters university.

There’s trouble brewing in the upper echelons, though. Banseok Hospital is facing a funding deficit, which leads Chairman Gu to make an ominous call concerning a deal. Oh no, Seok-joo isn’t getting the heart he needs, is he?

Things only go downhill from there. Chairman Gu makes clear his plans to appoint Yi-han as the new head of cardiothoracic surgery, and we learn from a jealous Hyun-sung that Yi-han’s father was once slated for that position — except he attempted an impossible surgery that led to the patient’s death, got caught taking bribes, and wound up killing himself in shame. Oof.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/06/doctor-lawyer-episodes-1-2-first-impressions/

• Like 2