[Drama 2022] Tomorrow, 내일

agenth

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

the flashback scene from Joseon   

I suppose Ryeon tried to kill her husband   :unsure:

0:10-0:18..my fav. part

I think she didn’t kill him I think that someone is trying to framing 

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images or embedded Tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

Omo! Ep 5 was an improvement. I actually didn't FF much of the episode @sadthe1st!

:wow1:

Yoon from WINNER did a great job acting Kang Woo Jin and enjoyed Woo Jin's and Na Young's story. Even cried in some parts. :tears:

We got a glimpse of Koo Ryeon's back story. So she was married - probably to her soul mate who was bound to her by a red thread.

What happened between them? Did she kill him? Maybe by accident? Did the village condemn her and she somehow ended up taking her own life and thus severing the red thread forever?

Who is the one carrying the other part of the red thread around his wrist? I am so hoping it's Park Joong Gil. @joccu

:hwaiting:

In any case, it's a very sad story because that means that they will never meet as soul mates again. :tears: If Koo Ryeon's final task is to save herself from suicide, wouldn't it mean that she can meet her soul mate in her next life?

Is it too much to ask that we can have a little bit of romance in this drama so that they can get a happy ending?

:criesariver:

On another note, Ryung Goo's fighting skills were funny. :D

UcN79nu.gif

ERbs0DC.gif

And the fight scene between him and Park Joong Gil was DAEBAK! :wub:

xPdGlpJ.gif

All gif credits go to the amazing @Ameera Ali :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:03 PM, partyon said:

Finally caught up with the drama. :glasses:

Hmm.... I'm most intrigued by the backstory and relationship between Koo Ryeon and grim reaper Park Joong Gil. There is definitely more to them than meets the eye.
Were they lovers? Did she kill him and then commit suicide? Did she kill herself and he died of sadness? There is something profoundly sad about this couple - a lot of pain between them. He's clearly very disappointed and sad with her that she committed suicide.

The red thread Koo Ryeon carries, what is its meaning? It's broken now, but will it mend if she saves herself from committing suicide later?

So many questions. But one thing is clear: as much as Rowoon's character is there with his cuteness and comic relief, it's Park Joong Gil and Koo Ryeon who intrigue me the most.

I have to also say that it's a while ago I saw Lee Soo Hyuk oppa act in a role like this, and his acting is really amazing. :wub: It has improved a lot through the years. He has a certain presence and steals all the scenes he's in. You can tell he's a model the way he walks into all the scenes.

In ep 2, I loved how he said her name ever so gently and softly. "Koo Ryeon"

Give the man some more screen time asap! :love:

@Ameera Ali @joccu @Sleepy Owl

I relate to this. The only scenes I’m most immersed in and even replay are the ones between KR and JG. I am a bit confused by the subtitles now because the first time we see the rooftop scene he says he should have recognized her. But then today’s episode we see that she was actually in that team as his underling a year ago. So what did he mean by recognizing and that past quote before then? I am hoping there is romance in this drama, but the dynamic between the leads reminds me of Hotel Deluna and it’s ending

Spoiler

I felt like that show always tried not to show too many romantic scenes between the leads because essentially it was leading to the female lead ‘passing on’ and going separate ways, which I see inevtibly happening between JW and KR if they end up a couple. I don’t know though

I really skip KR with JG more than JW and I love rowoon. It’s such there is something about them that is magnetic and addicting. Making me just wanna see more scenes and look forward to them. I think the thing is also about JGW character is, he kinda took the usually innocent female lead trope being less composed and blah blah blah. The kind of stereotype they make the female lead as where sometimes they just become annoying. I understand JW is a good person and their own person they may do things their own way, but sometimes they just make him so annoying ( don’t know the better word to describe it) and makes it harder to ship with female lead.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I think his this that they are liver and in love because she kill her self she could not recognize him I think person she need to save. At end his leejonhyuk himself he the one always talking about sucide that worst and  he sticker of the rules is not flexible.  It not him my other choose is Rowon but also I think they  her second in command what I think

Spoiler

His their son

because they were married very young that way she paint her eye shadow because I told her that was pretty sin young. 

Spoiler

I think also may be another person that tried to kill her and she kill him

• Blob 2

Meanwhile, MBC’s “Tomorrow,” which airs in the same time slot, dipped to an average nationwide rating of 3.5 percent for its fifth episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/lee-joon-gis-new-drama-again-my-life-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-lee-joon-gis-new-drama-again-my-life-jumps-to-8-in-ratings/#ixzz7QbFZd2py

• Blob 3

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

I relate to this. The only scenes I’m most immersed in and even replay are the ones between KR and JG.

You're not alone. Some of us are actually FFing all the other parts that don't include Koo Ryeon and Joong Gil. There is some strong chemistry between them. Not sure if it's the two actors, the writing or the editing that makes their scenes so electrifying - I suspect it's a combination of all 3.

If there is no romance between them in this drama, I really would love to see Lee Soo Hyuk oppa and Kim Hee Sun unnie team up in another drama because they match so well both visually as well as acting wise. There is a certain intensity in both. :wub:

5 hours ago, Dreamofsprings said:

I think his this that they are liver and in love because she kill her self she could not recognize him I think person she need to save. At end his leejonhyuk himself he the one always talking about sucide that worst and  he sticker of the rules is not flexible.  It not him my other choose is Rowon but also I think they  her second in command what I think

I think it makes more sense that Joong Gil is her long lost husband, rather than Joon Wong. There is so much pain between them. Since they got married young and she died as an adult, I guess it's fair to think they had a child or several children?

SPOILER FROM WEBTOON

Spoiler

Apparently Koo Ryeon committed suicide after her son died. I haven't read the webtoon myself, so this is just something I read online.

Like @Dreamofspringssaid, I also believe it might be possible that Joon Wong could be their son.... They just don't remember as the red string has been broken.

It's either him or Ryung Goo. Because Ryung Goo is 100% connected to this as well.

There is also a small hint in ep 1 that Joon Wong is connected to her in some way. On the bridge, she loses her focus when Joon Wong sees the broken red string around her wrist. She sees him noticing the string and she gets flustered. Then the accident happens with Joon Wong falling off the bridge. It struck me as odd back then, but does solidify that he is somehow a part of her history.

3 hours ago, SJW said:

ep 5 has only 3.5% rating, why? so disappointed! hope the rating wont drop further! 

I'm not surprised. The premise of the drama was very good, but the execution has been lacking.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

Honestly I love the fight scenes they were so funny. 

My money is still that Joongil and Koo Ryeon we’re lovers in the past.  Their son. It could either be JW but somehow I hope it would be RG. But JW would make more sense in away. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

Just finished Episode 5, now that was a real good episode.

Andy Samberg Im Gonna Go Cry GIF - Andy Samberg Im Gonna Go Cry Brooklyn99  - Discover & Share GIFs

Didn't you guys already know this ... :huh:

Spoiler

Asianwiki has Koo Ryeon's husband in the flash back as Park Joong-Gil (teen) ... 

Those who wanted it just got your wish ... that explains his dark brooding demeanor ... he probably feels she abandoned his love and the ability to meet him in the after life ... heres betting he uses the Reapers Guarantee to make her leave him in a crisis/critical moment ... and thats where the pledge she made the director early on will come into play ...

...now its getting good :blush:

• Shocked 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

Episode 6 felt like it was to honor the veterens that fought in the Korean War. 

I like it. There is a patriotism Koreans have that I believe everyone from their respective country should have. It’s not a superiority like my country is better than this but that I love my homeland, I want to protect it, and I cherish my fellow citizens that share this homeland with me. Heck, I wouldn’t want to be born in any other homeland because I cherish this homeland so much.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@partyoni know this pd team is very lacking... just difficult to admit it after 4eps! on top of that, no chemi among the leads, Rowoon and Kim Heeseok are the only ones who can draw me into their emotions. They can be funny and serious.  ep6 is the best ep so far but the rating is only 2.7%. I was crying so much with this story about the veteran. it's a tragedy of the past in a different era where wars were so common and many people suffered because of all these wars or selfish leaders!!!!This veteran did indeed fight a good fight for his country and helped saving it from falling into the hands of communists.

@joccuif this is the plot, then this drama is really copying mystic pop-up bar! not sure if i am impressed this idea... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, SJW said:

@partyoni know this pd team is very lacking... just difficult to admit it after 4eps! on top of that, no chemi among the leads, Rowoon and Kim Heeseok are the only ones who can draw me into their emotions. They can be funny and serious.  ep6 is the best ep so far but the rating is only 2.7%. I was crying so much with this story about the veteran. it's a tragedy of the past in a different era where wars were so common and many people suffered because of all these wars or selfish leaders!!!!This veteran did indeed fight a good fight for his country and helped saving it from falling into the hands of communists.

@joccuif this is the plot, then this drama is really copying mystic pop-up bar! not sure if i am impressed this idea... 

I love the grim reaper storyline but it is rare writers get it right. I hope this story does

• Blob 3

Ep. 6 is really heartwarming, thought I won't cry but I lost it.

Anyway this drama has been really great so far (overlooking all the executions etc).  Joong-gil isn't as heartless as he looks. Like many of you, I look forward to the story behind Joong-gil and Goo-Ryeon and hopefully the misunderstanding between them will be resolved.  Still feeling the love between these two hasn't died.

Rowoon's acting is great too, his character adds live and fun to the drama.

The moral of the story, lives for tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2