Omg Justin Timberlake Attacks Janet And Prince In One Of His Songs

LucasBunny

Guest stellabella

I'm really not trying to make it sound like I'm defending Justin because I like Janet and Prince too, but I just don't see where he is at fault here. What happened with Janet...I don't even know. All I know is that she got in heaps of trouble for that superbowl thing and Justin was apart of it. Apparently he didn't get much blame for it? Anyway he did suffer consequences, contrary to many peoples belief. He wasn't allowed to perform live for a LONG time, and they got real strict on the superbowl performances. His boyband friend JC was going to perform at another football game but because of the incident he couldn't perform for public safety issues. It hurt his friendship with JC even though JC only said " I wish he'd made better decisions."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Janet got most of the blame because she is the bigger star. You said it yourself, she's a legend. Plus, you have to look at the bigger picture. It was her boob that was shown on live television. People like yourself (and me as well) would look at the situation from all angles (seeing as how Justin is the one who caused the wardrobe malfunction) but others would just be like "OMG DID JANET JUST DO THAT?!?!"

See what I mean? And as for Justin not taking the blame (this I am not sure of, but I'll take your word that he just left her hanging) think about his situation. This was the time when he was getting big and he couldn't jeopardize his career. If not that, then maybe communication wasn't clear? Remember, Janet is the bigger star here. She probably got asked A LOT more than Justin did about the whole incident.

As for the song;I can totally understand his attack at Prince. I would pretty embarrassed and pissed off at what Prince said too. Janet....maybe a little iffy. I say this because what the media tells us is that Justin left all the blame to Janet. But you never know what REALLY went on, what the circumstances were and all that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eminem ain't black either, attacks everybody in his lyrics, yet everybody seems to like him confused1.gif

I know that is so true

but I dun like him.

I'm really not trying to make it sound like I'm defending Justin because I like Janet and Prince too, but I just don't see where he is at fault here. What happened with Janet...I don't even know. All I know is that she got in heaps of trouble for that superbowl thing and Justin was apart of it. Apparently he didn't get much blame for it? Anyway he did suffer consequences, contrary to many peoples belief. He wasn't allowed to perform live for a LONG time, and they got real strict on the superbowl performances. His boyband friend JC was going to perform at another football game but because of the incident he couldn't perform for public safety issues. It hurt his friendship with JC even though JC only said " I wish he'd made better decisions."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Janet got most of the blame because she is the bigger star. You said it yourself, she's a legend. Plus, you have to look at the bigger picture. It was her boob that was shown on live television. People like yourself (and me as well) would look at the situation from all angles (seeing as how Justin is the one who caused the wardrobe malfunction) but others would just be like "OMG DID JANET JUST DO THAT?!?!"

See what I mean? And as for Justin not taking the blame (this I am not sure of, but I'll take your word that he just left her hanging) think about his situation. This was the time when he was getting big and he couldn't jeopardize his career. If not that, then maybe communication wasn't clear? Remember, Janet is the bigger star here. She probably got asked A LOT more than Justin did about the whole incident.

No I don't think your defending him

I can see your argument and your right I agree with everything you typed

but he was already big, trust me it wasnt gonna jeopardize his career, I mean c'mon he pulled the thing off

his hands not Janets, that would have put him in some mess, but it didnt so he was already safe.

But do u see now why the whole sitaution bothered me??

Did u see the oprah interview??

If u wanna see it tell me

Guest stellabella

I know that is so true

but I dun like him.

No I don't think your defending him

I can see your argument and your right I agree with everything you typed

but he was already big, trust me it wasnt gonna jeopardize his career, I mean c'mon he pulled the thing off

his hands not Janets, that would have put him in some mess, but it didnt so he was already safe.

But do u see now why the whole sitaution bothered me??

Did u see the oprah interview??

If u wanna see it tell me

Yeah I see why you're bothered. I was just taken aback when you started damning his name and stuff lol.

Actually yeah I do want to see it. Ya got me all interested now LOL :P

I think some of you totally missed her point, I'm with Lucasbunny on this...She did the right thing on posting this on the forum because you get to see another side of Justin Timberlake, just the fact that the song was written already means alot..So what if it's not on his album? It's going all around the net...Just because Prince said "Sexy never left" why did he have to be so anal about it? For all you know it was probably a joke, I mean compared to Usher who said it in PUBLIC "Don't compare me to JT, there is nothing to compare" I think that sounds more offensive.

So why not make a song on Usher too? It simple, because he thinks that Prince and Janet Jackson who WERE top singers has simply lost their place on the charts so it wouldn't matter to say it all out right now..But who does he think he is? Yes, he's Justin Timberlake but I can assure you that there are more people who knows Janet Jackson than him and thinks her music is better than his one...

So yeah, he deifinitely lacks respect in my opinion..

I think some of you totally missed her point, I'm with Lucasbunny on this...She did the right thing on posting this on the forum because you get to see another side of Justin Timberlake, just the fact that the song was written already means alot..So what if it's not on his album? It's going all around the net...Just because Prince said "Sexy never left" why did he have to be so anal about it? For all you know it was probably a joke, I mean compared to Usher who said it in PUBLIC "Don't compare me to JT, there is nothing to compare" I think that sounds more offensive.

So why not make a song on Usher too? It simple, because he thinks that Prince and Janet Jackson who WERE top singers has simply lost their place on the charts so it wouldn't matter to say it all out right now..But who does he think he is? Yes, he's Justin Timberlake but I can assure you that there are more people who knows Janet Jackson than him and thinks her music is better than his one...

So yeah, he deifinitely lacks respect in my opinion..

Lol thank u for summing that up

Hey Stella here's the clip

http://www.janet-love.com/news/2006/09/27/janet-on-oprah/

use this instead

Guest globosapien

if it weren't for janet jackson and prince and their musical influences, he would never be where he is.

before he went solo, in his "ugly" years, JT said that janet jackson was his favorite so what the hell happened?

Guest Chillie

The song is the bomb! I can care less if the lyrics are targeted to Prince and Janet. :) And if it is, I actually agree with JT. He DID bring sexy back and Janet's new album sucks. :lol:

The song is the bomb! I can care less if the lyrics are targeted to Prince and Janet. :) And if it is, I actually agree with JT. He DID bring sexy back and Janet's new album sucks. :lol:

Lol what the hell???

He didnt bring sexyback lol, it was never gone like Prince said.

Guest VersusVillain

If sexy DID leave and come back, it sure as hell wouldn't come back at the hands of a homely, country TN cracka who relies on Timbaland's recycled beats to get him along in his R&B career. Now dat's wassup.

Guest stellabella

ummm....with that whole sexy back topic. please.

it was just a song with a good title, a concept. It doesn't mean he really thinks he brought sexy back. Not like he really thinks sexy "left".

However I still think what Prince said is hilarious as heck.

Guest endlessrain

^

lol@jt..well if this was directed at some other artist i liked then id be talking but otherwise i dont really follow janet and prince.

and lol which mtv awards was it where usher played out jt?

Guest - FRSH MISS - *

Justin is a jerk.

But I still love his CD and his songs.

And I agree, he did hang Janet out to dry after the Superbowl situation.

Guest .moony.

If sexy DID leave and come back, it sure as hell wouldn't come back at the hands of a homely, country TN cracka who relies on Timbaland's recycled beats to get him along in his R&B career. Now dat's wassup.

funnie :lol:

holy cow, i read thru all 3 pages ... i must hav no life :sweatingbullets:

What's with the "bringin sexy back" concept?? What sexiness...r we talkin bout...and whose?..lol

i like that song but i never read much into it :phew:

and...who is Prince...? he's prob not...Michael Jackson?...i m confused after readin all the posts....lol

The superbowl incident...i heard Janet showed her boob....but i didnt know why...so what did JT do to her? lol...did he take it off and then left or what O.O

sorry, i sound clueless :ph34r: but this is just so interesting

I have great respect towards JAnet JAckson <3 Even tho I like JT's songs, I have always been thinkin tha he's a real jerk ~

There's no such thing as acting black.

Please stop being ignorant.

Anyway no one is really sure who the song is about.

Alot of people say it's about Kevin Federline who has a stuttering problem.

Some others say that it's about Usher, who has been known to "attack" Justin Timberlake verbally.

But alot of people also pin it onto Prince and Janet Jackson.

Either way, I could care less.

If he is making good music, he is making good music.

Although I don't really think he is :lol:.

It's just funny to watch people turn on someone, when they know that they still like his songs.

Someone's personality shouldn't really affect your judgement on their music :lol:

Guest VersusVillain

Someone's personality shouldn't really affect your judgement on their music :lol:

Well then I guess it's even worse since his music sucks.

Archived