[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

thanks for the feedback, have passed it on team/admin; am not liking this flag either. :sweatingbullets:

am curious about how exactly FL ends up in prison and who ends up dying. 

I'm in the "don't like the flag" camp as well

For near term deaths, after todays episode, and tomorrows preview, I'm going with ...

1) Grandma - she dies taking the secret of Sun-Hwa's abduction with her

2) JK's Child which will lead to SB being abducted and believed dead

Sun-Hwa believing she's lost everything seeks revenge, and along the way finds her real mom Bok-Soon, finds her son she thought dead ... 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Just now, LeftCoastOppa said:

I'm in the "don't like the flag" camp as well

For near term deaths, after todays episode, and tomorrows preview, I'm going with ...

1) Grandma - she dies taking the secret of Sun-Hwa's abduction with her

2) JK's Child which will lead to SB being abducted and believed dead

Sun-Hwa believing she's lost everything seeks revenge, and along the way finds her real mom Bok-Soon, finds her son she thought dead ... 

Your theories are so familiar and you may be right too. But writer, give us some change. Grandma lives and has dementia with moments of lucidity that come at just the wrong moments. Like we see someone in a car leaving to meet someone who is coming in another car. So the crucial info is never transmitted.

Maybe chairman Yoon can be fooled by SB  being a newborn. If he could be tricked by JK's mum ...

Surely his wife is not going to fall for that.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, maribella said:

Surely his wife is not going to fall for that.

Unless ... JK loses the baby early ... like the next episode or two ... she kidnaps SB flys to the states with the excuse of seeking treatment doesn't come back for 18 months or so ... While Sun-Hwa is in prison lets say ... and by the time she returns the baby can be passed off as a toddler.

Come on - why be giving JK baby problems now if there isn't a baby switch in our future? They definitely won't kill Sun-Hwa's baby

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 3

While watching last night's episode I got this crack-theory: FL is chairman's daughter from mistress. Granny kidnapped her so mistress stole bakery daughter to pawn off as hers and ML isn't the chairman's son but a child his wife had with someone else.

I don't think they're gonna go for this but it'd be funny if they did.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i know there will be a time jump after the prison, but i wonder if FL after in prison will become sort of rich?  by how??  i don't see any mother figure rich as newmom in drama miss montecristo,  because in the teaser before the drama aired, she wears a spendid suit red

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

why is sang hyuk crying tears at the breakup? umm, the guy is so strange. he made a conscious choice to cheat on her so that he can basically sleep his way up the corporate ladder. he is crying like he is heartbroken about his choice. eye roll. and jae kyung insists that she loves sang hyuk but she has sizzling chemistry with sae chool. I don't get why she is clinging to a guy who she doesn't even seem to like that much. she seems capable enough to make a run for the company boss on her own. does she really need his help? but then again, sun hwa pointed it out brilliantly that jae kyung has very low self esteem. so she needs support and companionship in order to keep moving up. in that case, won't sae chool be a better match as he is loyal and has no baggage? he would probably accept her even with sang hyuk's baby... and had to laugh at the cafe scene that the other customers were busy chatting and didn't get too interested in the hair pulling. heh. looks like jae min has scruples as he refuses to take part in espionage. jae kyung on the other hand would have happily stolen the bakery's recipe. preview shows that jae kyung has a weak uterus. does that mean she will have a miscarriage?

poll alert! pick your choices chingus and lets discuss. :) -- @maribella, @LeftCoastOppa, @marrez1, @knkg, @chococarmela, @joccu, @tulip06, @youngae, @backstreetboysfan, @tofumochu, @sal2 and anyone else watching.... 

re: @confusedheart, @agenth, @partyon, @Sleepy Owl

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

i know there will be a time jump after the prison, but i wonder if FL after in prison will become sort of rich?  by how??  i don't see any mother figure rich as newmom in drama miss montecristo,  because in the teaser before the drama aired, she wears a spendid suit red

In unknown woman, her fellow inmate somehow was rich, she and her husband would anything for the FL which had me in stiches but that's another story. To add to your list of beneficient rich god parents : Miss M, Unknown woman, 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

It's true that Grandma is poor but for goodness sakes, she looks unkempt. Those Grandmas in Hcha cha cha  from a small town look much better than her.

Collapsing because SH and SH split?  But why?

You know you like her lace wig. Stop playing

drag race lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

@Lmangla maybe that is the catalyst for her to set up our female lead as being a murderer. If she miscarries she will  s

somehow try to blame her or just set up for another murder completely because she lost the baby?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 1

@Lmangla thanks for the poll invite. Glad to see that I haven’t been forgotten. Just wanted to point something regarding it though in case some of you missed it.

The first part has us wondering if grandma is somehow involved in the kidnapping of the female lead since, we are going with the fact that baker mom is supposed to be her biological mother since her daughter is missing and all. Regardless of all this and while I totally agree that this birth secret may very well be possible, I don’t think that the grandmother was directly involved in the kidnapping at best.

Now while I admit that I haven’t watched the latest episodes so there may very well be a change in them that I missed so I can be wrong over here. But from what I can recall Baker (FiL) tells his DiL (Baker Mom) that he lost his son at the same time as the granddaughter went missing. To be more exact he pointed out that his son tried to chase the kidnapper (and I believe that was referenced as a male) when the son met his fateful accident.

Now I have no idea why anyone would even want to kidnap a child at this point. Perhaps at that time the bakery was doing super well and major successful that someone wanted to kidnap Miss Otoke as ransom but never got a chance to do so for a few reasons. Maybe they got arrested so they missed their opportunity or my guess is that they also got involved in some kind of accident along the way and are also dead. Thus, even if grandma wanted to return the baby to the proper family, she was unable to do so as she wouldn’t know who they were. Another thing to consider over here is that just how much guts and nerves would the grandmother actually have to move back to the same town and family where the child was kidnapped on intentionally. This isn’t some kind of revenge drama where she would have a reason to do so. Well, okay it is a revenge drama my bad but that part is due to the female lead wanting to seek out justice for being falsely imprisoned and all. Not relating to the grandmother.

Anyway moving on to other parts of the show.

Spoiler

Do I agree that a baby switch is going to happen between Rainbow Brite and Miss Otoke’s kid? Ah pretty sure that is a given at this point. Look I get it they may simply kill of the baby for plot purposes and all such as further fueling the female leads desire for revenge in this show and all. But then I simply wanted to point out a little fact why I believe a baby switch is far more likely at this point. Say Byuk aka the baby conveniently has gotten a burn hence a burn mark on him at this point. Now I must then ask what is the point of this and why should they inform us. The reason being that this is obviously meant as a Chekov’s Gun or in simpler terms a way for Miss Otoke to later on identify her long lost child. Otherwise, what way will she do so assuming that she knows that her child is still alive and she is busy searching for it. But if we have that then that will be where most of her effort is going to be instead of having her revenge and all.

So, I feel that it is safe to assume that a baby switch is going to happen again. How this is pulled and just who is aware of it remains to be seen. For instance, who will suggest the baby switch in the first place. Will Rainbow Brite do it totally in secret so that even her husband is unaware of the truth till much later on. I don’t see Cheater bringing this up on his own he simply isn’t all that devious so I doubt that he is going to be much fun in regards to this.

Some people have asked why Rainbow Brite even wants to marry Cheater at this point even though she has caught him lying numerous times and all. Just in case it was missed she has pointed out that it is a business/strategic reason. While I do think that she was attracted to him for the simple reason that he treated her differently compared to the others around her. Ie they showed her the proper respect since she was the bosses daughter and always tried to be on her good side probably due to fear of their job and all. He didn’t much care about any of that and even avoided her advances initially. Not things that she was used to. Thus, the attraction also he was supposedly good at his job as well a further bonus point for her.

She clearly has ambitions to take over the company but she also knows a few things she can’t do it on her own since her father clearly wants his son to succeed. The other thing is that marrying of into a rich successful/chaebol family isn’t beneficial to her. (Her own words mind you). She does have a point mind you. If she marries into a rich family, she becomes part of their family and may very well have to live by their terms and even give up her job/position at the company. Not something that she is willing to do considering her ambitions and all. She clearly pointed out doing this will only benefit the person she is marrying/family but not her.

On the other hand, her marrying Cheater tends to give her more control of the situation. She knows that he is good at his job. I believe that they have mentioned that projects that he has done have been successful. Also, him marrying her gives him further incentive to stay on at the company as his greed and ambition will make him think that he will have a chance to inherit it in the future as he is married into the family. This way he will also not think of leaving said company. On the other hand, as I pointed out the Chaebol Family will be having their own company to run and all thus, they will have no real reason to join her company and even help her out. Unless they want to take over her company and that is something that she wouldn’t want to do. So, from the choices that she has currently and where she will have better control over it would be to simply marry Cheater.

Not good mind you. Also, like Miss Otoke pointed out she isn’t going to be happy in this kind of marriage for long. She may get the company that she wants but at the price of being all alone in the end since the man that marries her won’t be treating her well (ie paying her attention) and might even wander away etc… but then again that is her karma for being greedy and ambitious.

Problem here though is that it is kind of understandable why she is doing what she is doing. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t approve of her methods and whatnot just saying that I do understand her. Her father clearly is the issue over here. He can blame her ambition and what not for not being close to her but again that is on you. From what I can tell is that all that she really wants is to be recognized by her family for her skills and whatnot instead of being ignored by them or what she feels is the case. Singing Prince may be genuinely on her side but that is it. Dad isn’t considering her to be a possible successor because he can see her greed and ambition and not only that but he wants his son to take over the company simply because he is a male. Look I totally get that is a local custom and all for the male heir to take over the company/business etc.. but can’t these people actually see who is better at the job even if they want to keep the business in the family. Over here clearly Rainbow Brite has been working hard at the company to keep it successful while her brother has been MIA for a long time or focused on other things. Instead, the father claims that he couldn’t be close to the daughter because of her ambitious nature or he couldn’t trust her because of that. Rather if you simply trusted her and showed her the proper attention instead of trying to ignore her, she wouldn’t have gotten ambitious in the first place to prove that she should inherit the company and whatnot.

Heck you are at a fault for a lot of other things as well but I think I would rather keep those to myself instead of mentioning them and getting a warning by the mods.

So, the Foundation Mom is busy cheating on her husband/family. What a surprise. I have seen that someone mentioned that perhaps that is merely a red herring over here and instead she is busy plotting to take over the company and thus she was trying to win over some shares and whatnot instead at that hotel after all she wasn’t shown actually cheating on her husband and all. Thus, who she met can be a total mystery for now. Will admit that is equally possible but the signs don’t seem that way to me atleast. Just look at the so called evidence.

She gets a call which she ignores probably because her husband was present. When pushed she claims that it was her hair saloon trying to book her for an appointment. She gets a bit flustered when the husband suggests that perhaps he should make an appointment with them as well to get his hair done. She has to play along and agrees that is a good idea. She then gets a confirmation for an appointment being booked at 11. But if she was totally innocent why show her at the hotel. Granted we aren’t shown the time so it could be done later or even earlier. As for her hair I couldn’t tell the difference at all. Perhaps she paid a ton of money for a small touch up. You can never tell with rich people and all. But the biggest give that she might be having an affair has to be Singing Prince himself.

The chairman pointed out in an episode that he was curious just where their son gets his interest/love for singing/music when neither or them (parents) is all that interested in it. A strange remark if I don’t say so myself. Now it isn’t weird in real life for a child to have a totally different interest from his parents’ field. Thus, over there a child of a baker and an artist may totally decide that this isn’t up to his taste and he may decide to become an engineer or doctor. But in a drama that seems to be extremely rare. Therefore, the chances are higher that Foundation Mom was equally ambitious back in the day and the only way that she could marry the chairman was to fool him that she was carrying his kid. We know for a fact that he has a soft spot for his so called bloodline and that is the fact why he has accepted both Rainbow Brite who was a child from his mistress and her kid from Cheater because he is his future grandchild. Does the Chairman have an actual grandchild needs to be seen at this point?

Some have suggested that Cheater’s sister might be one since she doesn’t seem to share any traits with her greedy/ambitious family. Not so sure in regards to that. I feel she is equally greedy as the rest of them. I haven’t seen her do anything nice. Sure she feels a bit sorry for how Miss Otoke is being treated but by the end of the day she hasn’t done anything nice towards her as well. She was super excited when she discovered that her brother was marrying into that rich family. She also sees it as her way in to work at that company as well probably as a model over there. So, she gets to reap the benefits as well from being a part of that family if her brother marries over there. If she was genuinely sorry for Miss Otoke and was actually on her side, she would have warned her that her brother was planning on cruelly dumping her for some rich woman at work or so. Instead, she decides to keep quiet as her brother asked them to. Even though she knew what kind of response to expect. So, no I don’t think that she doesn’t share any kind of genes from her current family.

But we all know that she is eventually going to get her dose of karma as already been hinted or mentioned. While Miss Otoke was trying to persuade that family to change their mind and take her back, she brought up the fact that treating her was not only wrong but what would they do if they faced a similar situation. Such as if the daughter met a terrible MiL who was equally rude and cruel towards her. The mother just accuses her of being mean and cruel to wish her ill. Regardless of all this we know just how true that might turn out to be. The daughter clearly has a one sided crush on the bakers son. Since we know that he is a side character this means that he is never going to get the female lead and will therefore need to find happiness elsewhere. Here steps in the sister. They may fall in love and get married. But one can be sure just how long is that happiness going to last once they discover that she is the sister of the one that hurt Miss Otoke. She is already in a bad spot since they consider Miss Otoke as part of their family more so once they actually discover that is true. This means that she has messed up with her SiL already. Not a good sign. Also, if the mother doesn’t approve of her for whatever reason then she is definitely not going to be treated well in that house till a long time and all.

Main leads are generally soft so they will tend to forgive them at some point whether we like it or not and if the family ties turn out to be true then even faster. As of now speaking of attitudes I am actually liking Miss Otoke behaviour towards others especially towards Rainbow Brite and Cheater. She has made it clear that she wants nothing to do with them at this point and wishes them well. She simply wants to move on with her life. I just wish that she suddenly doesn’t become dumb and dependent on a guy after she is sent to prison and is released/escapes and wants her revenge. Am holding my breath in regards to this for the time being.

Okay since guests are arriving soon and I need to get ready to meet them and all will be ending my post here for the time being. Let’s see how this show turns out to be and how wrong our predictions will be as well. So, till next time keep posting all of you. @Lmangla thanks once again for tagging me for the poll.

Ps perhaps a poll shoould be for an alt. name for this show aka Lets Go Cheaters or something along those lines.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Why is JK feeling wronged? She really is shameless! The best scene has to be the scene at the restaurant. :issohappy:

BSH stood up to the bully and gave it back to her! Go, go, BSH! JK feels entitled and she needs a healthy dose of reality. She is throwing her weight around and SC isn't of much help as he is actually doing more harm than good by encouraging her and siding with her. It must these two who send BSH to the prison. SC is such a spineless man. He is even more spineless than SH! It would be fun when BSH turns around and takes away the very power that JK has been misusing. 

As it happens with Makjangs, I have finished both The Promise and Ice Adonis, I am sure it will be divine justice that JK will never have a baby of her own.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but from the two references of where one of the main leads found a rich cellmate to help them out in their revenge plot I seem to be in partial disagreement. While I will agree that was indeed the case in Unknown Woman. The Female Lead took advantage of the fact that she had saved the life of her rich cellmate who also was rich and the fact that she had recently lost her child. Thus, she asked to be adopted in her family and then used her wealth for her revenge plot and all.

But when it comes to Gracious Revenge my memory seems to be playing some tricks on me so I would love some kind or reconfirmation. Over here while I do recall that Carry Jung did have a rich cellmate who sadly passed away in a fire. She then took advantage of this fact and used this to steal her identity and flee the country with the kidnapped baby and all. But once she arrived in Canada, she either couldn’t locate the cellmate’s family or felt too guilty to pretend that she was her for too long or due to guilt didn’t contact them at all. Regardless of all this she became mostly successful on her own compared to all those other leads that took advantage of others around them to take their revenge ie Heavens Promise, Unknown Woman, Miss Monte Cristo etc….

Look if I remember incorrectly, I would love to be corrected but as I pointed out there were signs that she didn’t live the rich life from her cellmate’s life. Her daughter I believe mentioned that they didn’t always have a place to sleep in, there was also a scene where they were out in the park with their luggage. Indicating that she wasn’t taking advantage of her friend’s identity with her family. regardless of all this I do get that it is equally possible that Miss Otoke may end up with a rich cellmate who will help her out with her revenge in some way or the other.

Not so sure where I stand on that point though. That is for another reason altogether which I may bring up if it actually turns out to be true in the future. But for now will end this point for the time being.

Someone over here mentioned watching Heavens Promise and Yellow Boots. How did you experience them? While I found Heavens Promise slightly interesting, I found the ending absurd sorry to say. Granted Miss Monte Cristo’s ending took even that up a notch if possible. I did have a few minor issues as well but other than that it was decent. I do have a few episodes of it saved somewhere so I might give it a shot at some point. As for Yellow Boots I was enjoying the early episodes until I ran into an episode where the subs weren’t there or had some issue and couldn’t get a understanding of it so sadly dropped it since I didn’t want to jump into another episode without grasping what happened in the previous one properly. That is the problem with illegal subs they almost always copy from the same source so unless you know of another source as well this is going to be an issue. Therefore, now what I do is if the drama is officially out on Netflix I will always try and watch it from there first for two simple reasons. Supporting it will allow Netflix to see that there is still an interest in these shows so they will continue to sub and upload them and secondly if I can do something legally go for it. The same for KBS World shows as well even though they can mostly be a week behind. (Though I have stopped doing that for some time since I don’t have all that much access to it anymore).

Oh well moving on to things that actually count before you know what happens.

Is Rainbow Brite crying that she is the victim over here. Good luck proving that. Someone brought up the fact of why she is going ahead with her marriage with Cheater especially after knowing his true colours or why she believes his lies so easily. Frankly speaking I don’t think that it is so simple as just that. Due to her greed and ambition, she has fallen in so deep that she is finding it hard to get out of it without asking for help. But at this point she is simply too proud to do so as well. Hence her suffering. Just try and look at it from her perspective to see what I mean.

Did she steal a man that was already in a relationship? Sure, but to be fair she didn’t know exactly how far the guy was in it at the time. He only mentioned that he liked someone else. If one thinks about it carefully one will note that is a bit vague. Liking someone one isn’t a crime and it could be equally one sided for all she cares. Even if that wasn’t the case there are numerous times that relationships can fall or break apart for other reasons so if she makes an offer that can convince him to join her why not go for it. Thus, her proposal/seduction towards him. For her she sees it as a perfect business opportunity as she herself claims where both of them end up winning or atleast she does.

If her subordinate continues to do well then, she only gets to shine and thus raises her position at the company and allows her a better chance to take control of it in the future. As for her subordinate he gets rewarded as well and also rises alongside her. With marriage to her his loyalty is absolute and he also dreams of attaining the stars. Though never realizing that is always going to be a pipe dream since she will never relinquish her power willingly.

Now one can say fine that works as long as she wasn’t aware that the guy was duping her all along but the moment, she discovered the truth especially after Miss Otoke confronted them why didn’t she end the relationship with him. To be honest she did consider doing just that but again her greed and ambition stopped her at the last moment. Remember she was even considering having an abortion until her father promised her company shares. That was the dealbreaker.

The other thing to realize is that Cheater is extremely shrewd and knows that he is the one who has the actual advantage as of now no matter what she may say or think. She threatens to him that she will break up with him if his behavior continues and he keeps up with his lies and whatnot. How does he push forward? Before the Chairman can change his mind, he gets into another meeting with him behind her back and makes a decent impression on him that the Chairman decides to push the marriage ahead. He knows that due to this she will be forced to marry him because she is desperate enough to not only get her father’s recognition and acceptance as well as her desire to take over the company. He points this out that if her father realizes that she was played he is never going to trust her with the company and all so she has no choice to accept him and go ahead with the marriage plans. When she threatens that she will end the relationship in one of the recent episodes he again brings up the fact that the only one loosing out would be her. This being that now that they that they have not only made their relationship official but also published about it in magazines. People are expecting that it goes ahead. Now if she breaks it up so soon after announcing her marriage, she is the only one looking bad and not only that but she will also have to reveal the actual reason why she is doing so. Which as I pointed out above is the thing that actually makes her look not only bad but also incompetent.

Therefore, her fear of all these factors is what is pushing her forward with this doomed relationship even though certain people are trying to warn her that this isn’t such a good idea. Again, had she not gotten herself so deep in this mess she might have been able to get out of it all. Not my problem though.

Am actually waiting for the family meeting to happen soon and for Cheater’s mother to realize that Rainbow Brite’s mother is the actual mistress. Ha I bet that she will lose respect for her ASAP. Not only that she probably isn’t going to take it favorably that her son has to live with his In-Laws. That is the price of selling your son for your greed and all.

Anyway, will end my post here for the time being. Came to make just one point and it already went out of control. Apologies. I guess will be watching this week’s episodes then since I was busy and haven’t gotten a chance to do so with it and Red Shoes. Will then give my thoughts regarding it then. So, till then take care all of you and keep posting. Let’s also start rooting for certain characters.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

But when it comes to Gracious Revenge my memory seems to be playing some tricks on me so I would love some kind or reconfirmation. Over here while I do recall that Carry Jung did have a rich cellmate who sadly passed away in a fire. She then took advantage of this fact and used this to steal her identity and flee the country with the kidnapped baby and all. But once she arrived in Canada, she either couldn’t locate the cellmate’s family or felt too guilty to pretend that she was her for too long or due to guilt didn’t contact them at all. Regardless of all this she became mostly successful on her own compared to all those other leads that took advantage of others around them to take their revenge ie Heavens Promise, Unknown Woman, Miss Monte Cristo etc….

Not quite sure what difference you're emphasizing - Carry's cell mate was rich, inherited as I recall, prior to the fire, the cell mate was asking Carry to go to Canada with her and the cellmate offered to finance Carry's revenge, and was then subsequently killed in the fire. As you pointed out, Carry then assumed her identity, kidnapped the baby and fled the country.  The time in Canada was covered via flashbacks, that were annoyingly out of sequence as I recall - The park scene for instance, was the first I believe where Carry gets a 6-7 year old to swear a life of revenge which i thought was a bit much ( I don't recall them pulling or talking about luggage ) later there was a Canada flashback which shows what happened right after Carry arrived in Canada and was on the verge of suicide but this was clearly when the daughter was still a baby, and a neighbor intervened - the last Canada scene I remember was the dressing room scene which explained the daughters claustrophobia.  I never saw anything that showed she was denied or unable to access the money - the only difference I see is that Carry took advantage of the cellmate after she died while the others were still alive ... and did she really take advantage? The cellmate had already offered to help her financially.   

I was under the impression Carry struggled initially due to her situation as a kidnapper coupled with her loss of her husband and new-born - but that she did at some point early on acquire the money.   

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa The point that I was trying to make is that my memory recall is terrible and thanks for correcting me. I will freely admit that I can make mistakes in such matters. So to bring up the points that you brought up the first thing that I wanted to say about the park scene thanks for correcting me. You must be correct about the baggage scene and I probably mixed it up with another drama with a similar scene/plot. Will also agree that a lot of the scenes in Canada were hotch potch so it may be harder to grasp the true picture of what happened over there. I guess it then all comes down to a matter of perspective where some of us may have had a different image.

But before I get into that I also wanted to thank you for pointing out that the cellmate did offer to use her family wealth to help Carry Jung in her quest for revenge. That had also slipped my mind till you pointed it out. So one can equally argue that she didn’t take full advantage of her friends death since it was promised to her and all.

The other thing that you brought up was the fact that there was no indication that she did acquire the money early on. But in the same line of thought it also doesn’t prove that she never got her hands on it as well. I guess this is again a matter of perspective. I choose to interpret some of the scenes aka the ones that you mentioned that she couldn’t tap into the friend’s family funds so she had to manage on her own.

For instance, the suicide scene that you mentioned that she prevented at the last moment because of the baby crying could be seen in said way. Think about it she was living in a small apartment on her own with her child. Why would that be the case if she had funds or access to her friend’s family wealth. They would have been either living in a better place/living standard than that or living with her friend’s family. Though one can probably argue that at that point she was perhaps searching for the family and hadn’t managed to locate them then. Fair point and I might just consider that possible.

But even then, I would question as to how she would actually gain access to the friend’s family’s wealth. Would she deceive them that she was their daughter that they haven’t seen for such a long time? After all she did steal her friend’s identity so this wouldn’t be all that farfetched. The other thing would have been to simply go to the family and tell them that she was friends with their daughter and she had promised her that money would have been no object and that was to be used for her revenges quest. Not so sure how well that would be taken by them. Simply put a stranger comes up to them and asks them to honour their dead daughters request without any kind of evidence is not going to go well. At best they would give her some money but certainly not enough to bankroll her revenge plot atleast not without gaining something in return. But then again this is a fictious world of drama so anything is possible at this point.

Regardless I wanted to apologize for my mistake and thankyou for correcting me.

• Like 5

What's in that box left with the nun for safekeeping? Must be a necklace or something which the baby was found with and would be instrumental in establishing the identity and connection. 

Yellow Boots/ Ice Adonis was a fun ride. Man, the SFL / antagonist was so foolish and she fell into the trap laid down by the ML every single time. Not to mention her constant whining and her victim mentality was just so ridiculous that it was actually funny at times. I found myself chucking at times when she would mess things up and take the bait and land herself in trouble and then when caught, she would blame everyone but herself. :lol: Her self righteousness is such a joke. I hate the ex. He was such a coward. Also why did they kill the good guy ML? It made no sense TBH.

The revenge was better in Yellow Boots/ Ice Adonis compared to The Promise. But I admit, both had the worst possible endings. I mean after surviving 100+ episodes, the least they can do is give us a good satisfying ending with our thirst for revenge well sated, but no, even that we have been deprived of. :rage:

I hope The Second Husband does gives us a satisfying tale of revenge.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1