[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

I'm a curious for the next episode.  I want to see how the creepy Ken Doll is going to excuse himself and continue with Plastic Barbie Executive.  Is this the Heaven's Promise Writer?  It feels a bit like a re-write, only not as good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It was so humiliating to see her begging him to forget what he just said. He wanted to break up and you had just seen him with another woman:anguished:. I thought it was an instinctive reaction but then she went again and again to get her teeth kicked in.  
I hope she stops it tonight. I found myself FFW a lot last night. 
Did someone say the baby was going to die?:dissapointed_relieved:

She has no other direction to go but up from now on.
Meanwhile ML is having the time of his life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I want them to get over this sad break up business and get on with the revenge palli palli! It is heartbreaking to see the FL begging that cheater semi-husband! Woman, get up and kick his :kicks:I am waiting to see the spectacular fall. He left her for the glitz and glamour of the rich and famous. But, the SFL being the illegitimate daughter, wouldn't be accepted with open arms. There is a stigma attached as far as I know from watching K-dramas. So it will be fun if the FL could topple them and bring them high and mighty on their knees. The husband and his family is too shallow. :facepalm:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

so normally am shaking my head when the female lead begs the cheater but somehow with this drama, I feel differently. sun hwa has barely any time to process what is going on. she had no warning really. they have been together for several years (they were neighbours for 10 years) and even had a baby together. according to the chart translated by @Ayame, it says common law marriage. in some places, it means that she can't be just dumped like a girlfriend. also, he is the legal father of her child. so again, he can't just run off. it means that she has to dig in her heels and fight for her rights. the chart also shows that this is a strategic marriage with jae kyung and sun hwa can probably tell that he is not emotionally invested in this relationship. what she doesn't realize that he is doing it out of greed which is a higher motivation than love for him. maybe, because I can sense the strength underneath that she doesn't seem so weepy and annoying like typical female leads?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

so I looked up common law marriage in korea and it is interesting -- this is what it says -- 

"Korea recognizes common-law marriage in three main conditions: when the couple has lived together for a certain period of time, when they have publicized their marriage, and when they held a wedding."

source: article 1, law blog.

so if we go by the article, sun hwa and sang hyuk have lived together and publicized their marriage. they have not yet held a wedding but it is in the works. they are also recognized within their circle as husband and wife. she really can't be just abandoned unless she just immediately lets him walk all over her. it probably explains why she ends up in jail later.... 

must say that there was lots of intriguing chemistry between jae kyung and sae chool (the bodyguard/driver). makes you wonder what is going on and why she needs to let him know for sure that he stands no chance with her. jae min also made an interesting observation that sang hyuk falls below the typical guys she dates. she says that she is doing it out of love and he didn't seem particularly convinced but neither does he care. so it seems that from her side as well, this is also a strategic marriage. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

out of love and he didn't seem particularly convinced but neither does he care. so it seems that from her side as well, this is also a strategic marriage. 

I can see SH gaining from the marriage but what would JK gain?

She could go on a blind date with the chaebols and grab one.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, maribella said:

yea, I am not sure what exactly is the gain but she went out of her way to try seduce him. it wasn't just that he was a challenge but maybe she saw him as a possible asset in taking over the company. though she is the one chasing one, she isn't madly in love with him where she has lost her marbles....

omo, the bakery shop had a daughter they lost. does that sun hwa is their daughter? did grandmother steal their child? gasp! or she did raise a child she thought was abandoned? .... and I don't think the chairman wife is having an affair. so what was that secret meeting for?.... 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I am wondering who the bakery's missing daugher is?  Sunwha can't be everything to everyone: possible daughter of the chairman's wife, grandmother's granddaughter and have the camera pan over to her when the bakery cry about their missing child. 

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

There may have been a birth switch. Perhaps JK is Hanok Bakery's daughter, while Sun-hwa is the chairman's wife's daughter.

No I don't think so. JK may be a baker's daughter or someone else's but SH cannot be related to either the Chairman or wife because SH is going to marry JM. That would incestous.

Maybe the baker ( she was Mr abs' mother in a man in a veil) was very poor and gave her daughter to a madam who used her to squeeze the chairman.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, maribella said:

SH cannot be related to either the Chairman or wife because SH is going to marry JM. That would incestous.

She could be JK's real mom's daughter. JM is JK's stepbrother but that's still weird. Or maybe they'll introduce a completely new character.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, maribella said:

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea, I am not sure what exactly is the gain but she went out of her way to try seduce him. it wasn't just that he was a challenge but maybe she saw him as a possible asset in taking over the company.

I think thats it. Its definitely not his family connections, however they did mention what an excellent employee he was. 

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

There may have been a birth switch. Perhaps JK is Hanok Bakery's daughter, while Sun-hwa is the chairman's wife's daughter.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

SH cannot be related to either the Chairman or wife because SH is going to marry JM. That would incestous.

Unless the relationship chart put out by MBC is deliberately misleading, JK cannot be the missing bakery daughter as her biological mother is clearly identified.   Not quite sure how it will be explained, but I think Bakery Mom is Sun-Hwa's mother, she is the missing daughter. Look at the way they've seemed to bond already.   At this point it seems Grandma is holding the missing pieces on the truth of Sun-Hwa's background.

Bakery Son saves Sang-Mi ... not quite sure how to feel about it. Sang-Mi looked like she was (again) having guilt issues with her family dumping San-Hwa.  Would hate for Bakery Son to hook up with someone lecherous.  Perhaps its necessary to give him a distraction as the relationship chart  has him in a one sided love with Sun-Hwa ... that is until he finds out she is his younger sister. 

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

.... and I don't think the chairman wife is having an affair. so what was that secret meeting for?.... 

Agreed, I think she has machinations in play for company succession and is working quietly against JK advancing  - She's only mentioned it once out loud, but she wants Jae-Min to follow his father, not JK.

It doesn't help that she has the driver who likes JK chauffeuring her around. Thats bound to prove problematic

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Looks like SML will get his comeuppance for many episodes.

We see JK trying to tell her father something after the showdown with SH, but the father is too excited about the baby and says he will give her company shares. Maybe that is her strategy. Make a baby with an employee.

After 2-3 episodes of seeing SH begging the SML, I still think it's too shameful and useless. Say for a minute that he goes back to her, would they ever have a normal relationship? No, she would have to bury it deep.

I knew a couple of women who thought having a baby was going to strengthen their marriage or bring home an errant husband, it worked for a couple of years with one, but he was an alleycat. The other didn't budge and married his mistress.

So let this be a lesson to unmarried young women, fall in love, have fun but don't forget your contraceptives until you are married and it's registered. Of course, staying out of bed before marriage is the ideal state. :relaxed:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This relationship triangle is a whole hot mess! The real bad apple is the cheater. He is so selfish and egotistical. I want his karma to come in waves each one worst than the one before.

I have a theory about the birth secrets. I think that the otoke girl is the bakery’s daughter and I think the cheater’s younger sister is the chairman’s daughter.

The younger sister doesn’t seem to belong in that family personality wise. I know the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree but someone must have picked her up and threw her like to another farm or something.  Both mom  and son are selfish and materialistic. Something just seems off about there whole dynamic. I don’t see any pictures in the house of her as a baby. I mean she supposedly birth her there should be one. I mean otoke doesn’t have any due to a fire so she gets a pass.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

The SML is despicable! I was happy that the SML had sense to not fall for his lies but it seems she'd finally accept him because of the promised shares in the company and for the sake of her baby. But, she is going to be miserable in that marriage. He is just after her money and status in the society. I wish she had spoken up and not let her greed guide her. I hate these drama parents. They railroad you and not let anyone speak. Who does that in real life? Let her finish what she has to say! I really wish both the FL and SFL kicked the SML's :kicks:

I think that guy who persuaded the SFL to ditch the SML is the one who truly deserves her, loves her and wishes her well. I'm sure he is secretly in love with her and would have done the honourable thing and married her with the baby. That scum of the SML and his mother cannot  see anything beyond their greed.  

Dear FL, could you please stop begging that Good For Nothing almost husband of yours. He is not worth it, girl. Even if you get him back, he will be full of resentment and you'd never be happy. Your baby would be happier growing up without him around.

The bakery woman must be the mother seeing how the FL was seeking comfort from her and she also mentioned how she saw her mother in her.

I am excited about the next episode. The ML is trying to join the company. I was tired of seeing him as this clown who did nothing and had no admirable qualities to be called a ML. He lacks depth. Hopefully, a change will come over him.

The pace is slow. Things need to happen. Enough of this heartbreak. This lasted a whole week. We are still there where we started from at the beginning of the week.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1