[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

Is so satisfying to watch how JK is desperate for money that She will risk to sign on everything they steal/ kill  for to achieve A DREAM  :D

what dream is that she risking everything for it if she wouldn’t even have a control of it lol 

ADwxrWi.gif

Kf8zy4o.gif

M70foLd.gif

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, jayakris said:

But we see the preview where JM is asking "JK, is this really your doing?  Killing people with a plan?".  It seems that he even knew of JK's plan to take the company for herself only when he overhears her in the next episode. 

What if that was a flashback scene though? Cause JM seems to know that SH was with Sang Hyeok at the villa last (did I miss something? How does he even know that?), plus he's not desperately searching for SH, no missing persons reports filed at all, not even a private investigator hired.

Even the part with him snitching on JK for laundering money felt almost like a plot to bring her to absolute rock bottom so she ends up signing with Sharon despite the heavy collateral. No one would think of accepting such terms unless there was a super stressful situation where the only way out would be to make a shady dealing. I get the feeling that SH and JM made a deal that he will help her bring her son and grandmother to justice and when it's all over, she will accept his proposal. I just don't think SH would expose herself so early on to him if it wasn't already a collaborative effort.

He must have the money by now cause he's proved himself to his parents and they're probably not as strict with his spendings anymore. TBH other than a few nice outfits, an assistant, a possibly rented car/house, she doesn't have anything else to show for her wealth. I don't see as this being too expensive yet.

Who knows, it's definitely very interesting and I'm excited to see how this fast paced drama gets carried out. Every episode feels like a bombshell, it's so much fun!

:idk:

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Emily Bett said:

He must have the money by now cause he's proved himself to his parents and they're probably not as strict with his spendings anymore. TBH other than a few nice outfits, an assistant, a possibly rented car/house, she doesn't have anything else to show for her wealth. I don't see as this being too expensive yet.

I see what you are saying.  Not much money needed so far.  But ultimately some big money will have to be invested on JTown, so as to then pull a scam to draw that money out (like a construction contract to a paper company that Sharon herself sets up, which goes bankrupt immediately, or some stuff).  But some big money needs to be shown before they can steal JK's and her husband's (and father's) money.  I still suspect that JM is not capable of organizing that...

But, there is indeed somebody who is capable of bankrolling this! --- None other than HR.

So here is my scenario.... 

Before the trip to the villa, SH had first caught the slave with various evidence that she had, and told him that she could get him arrested if he didn't cooperate in her own scheme to lure JK into a staged  murder, so she can go abroad to work on a revenge plan while JK thinks she died.  So the slave agreed to help her escape (but had a way to contact her if needed). 

Soon HR got the contract evidence mailed to her (and maybe the police evidence with recording file etc too) on JK's doings, and she also caught the slave and told him that she can get him arrested by the police for compliance in murder-attempts and coverup.  But HR's plan was to use the slave for getting the company to herself - and kicking JK out was not the ultimate interest.  So, instead of fighting JK, in which case she would have to fight the chairman too, it was better to steal the whole company first before kicking out both JK and the chairman. 

So HR confronted JK only for a show, but she went along with the chairman, to keep her in place - because HR actually needed JK's stupidity for stealing the company, and she had heard from the slave of her JTown plan (which the slave was not happy about, as he was kept out by JK and her busband!). 

The JTown plan was just what HR needed.  She told her regular  henchman (whom she meets at the hotel) to put into action a share-stealing plan using JTown.

Now HR's henchman needed an actress or somebody to play the role of "Sharon".   He asks HR, who asks the slave to find somebody for that part.   The slave suddenly realized that he had the perfect way to atone for his own crimes and decided to tell BSH to do the acting role - after all, he knows SH is HR's daughter, so he must have felt it to be the right thing to do anyway.  But to avoid upsetting the two people, he tells neither SH nor HR of the mother-daughter matter.   He figured that it can be done later without any fingers pointing at him, because nobody has evidence on the DNA test he and JK did.  So no need to tell them and get their wrath for covering that up earlier.

The slave had just let SH escape, and within a couple of days put her in touch with HR's henchman on the Sharon scheme.  She may or may not have gone abroad, but she stayed away for a few months as HR wanted to let JK and her husband to go deeper into the JTown plan and fall into the trap.

But all through this, SH thought that she was doing this to use HR and screw JK and MSH...  And HR thought she was going to see some actress lady come as Sharon and fool JK into a fake investment and steal her shares. 

So HR continues to look for her daughter.  JM and the bakery people do not know anything either.  And the slave at the present time is fooling JK with made-up stories of an adopted twin sister and her Univ of Chicago MBA and all that crap.  The slave had to be the mastermind behind all of this!

But now that her acting role is underway and she has resurfaced, to avoid suspicion and confusion for JM and the baker folks, SH herself decides to show up as SH to the bakery.  That is where we are, at the end of episode 68.

In my opinion, only HR has the financial ability and proper henchmen to pull off the Sharon scam.  Not JM and others.  And HR is doing it without knowing that SH is a key element in the plan (she may even know that the actress is the same SH who was framed by JK, but still not that SH is her daughter).  And SH is doing it, only knowing HR to be bankrolling her, but not knowing that HR is the mother.   The slave sets it up that way to save his behind.

Does that elaborate scenario fit?  I think it does... What do you think?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I loved today's episode.

Gosh, I love EVERY episode.  I haven't enjoyed a daily drama this much in a long time (maybe ever!)... and I am actually quite picky on quality of production, acting, pace of the story, etc.  It's all good here.

• Like 8

What GIF by Olly Murs
I don’t know if HR is involve in BSH fraud. Sure she may have the funds but she is too busy getting revenge on the chairman.  I know she just learned JK betrayed her and she is super pissed but I don’t know.
 The chairman threw a bomb about not giving the company to JM that definitely put a wrench in her plan. She is way to focused on that right now.

I think HR set it up so JM found about the stealing of money from the company to discredit JK and SH so the chairman would drop them like a hot potato. Then JM would get the company by default.

I think it’s her hacker prison friend who is behind this wealth. She is making it seem that BSH is rich and has money to invest. 
I am now really invested into JM’s birth secret. HR stated she brought him to carry out her revenge. Was like Wait What Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

• Like 10

My inkling is JM and Hankok Bakery crew were all in it from  the get go with SH taking her revenge and actually counting on JK to take the 'I'll kill you Bong Seon Hwa' route for her to foil her plans and have SC swap the suitcase with rocks. The only reason I'm stating this is because when SC was in the office he looked mighty hesitant and nervous when talking to JK about the entire throwing the suitcase in the river so this has led me to believe that he has switched his allegiance. Either that or the prison friends were close by to save  SH from the suitcase throwing exercise. :joy:

I'm still not happy with the delay with any action taking place with chicken owner mother in law as her role is becoming really redundant and Sang Mi as well. Those 2 have really taken a back seat so hopefully there will be something turbulent headed their way. Overall I am really enjoying this drama and liking everything that is happening so far! :hooray2:

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

blood lineage is very important to the president, his wife's revenge ... made him believe he had a child at the time of the company's succession she would have told him of the truth. Because he stole the company from her first husband.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Naty828 said:

blood lineage is very important to the president, his wife's revenge ... made him believe he had a child at the time of the company's succession she would have told him of the truth. Because he stole the company from her first husband.

Poor HR all these years she is driven by revenge for her beloved first husband and losing her Bit na I guess it what's fuels her to stay in the relationship and keep this facade of being a caring and loving wife. I really loved the part when she sees the hubby and mistress and actually admits to telling  the mistress to take care of him without any care in the world.  Furthermore the secret of HR adopting JM to aid in her plans and to make out that JM is the hubby's own son is even better. That reveal is worth watching this drama to the end. Now does anyone find JK pleas and desperation with the dropping to her knees and begging forgiveness not once but at least 3-4 times disingenuous? For me it's getting annoying because she does this so on cue I am waiting for someone to tell her straight her crocodile tears ain't fooling anyone.:cutekitty:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sunshine015 said:

Now does anyone find JK pleas and desperation with the dropping to her knees and begging forgiveness not once but at least 3-4 times disingenuous? For me it's getting annoying because she does this so on cue I am waiting for someone to tell her straight her crocodile tears ain't fooling anyone

well it seems to work for her and hence she keeps doing it. has she ever taken accountability or faced consequences for her actions? she just has to fake apologize, cry a few crocodile tears and chairman looks the other way... 

chicken mom is so weird. why is she keeping so much cash in a cushion? has she never heard of something called the bank? or a locker? 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Her makeover is sponsored by oppa , everything is possible with Visa card :joy:

Homeboy came though with the LV, Gucci, Fendi, and Prada, mans got style :kaching3:

On a side note, I was laughing at the plastic wrapping that everything came in, whoever gave the props dept those shopping bags should have given the boxes too :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

preview: why is cookie mom meeting prison unnie?

HR's private investigator told her that the phone from which Bitna called her, belonged to somebody who can't be Bitna.  So I think she went to meet that person (the prison eonni), and told her to help find Bitna urgently.  Maybe?  Not sure why she is dressed like she was at a funeral though.  Probably creating some story like her mother (Bitna's maternal grandma) died and so Bitna needs to come - just to force a reluctant Bitna to meet her?  I'm just guessing....

• Like 8