[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

• Lmangla changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편, Mon-Fri 19.50 KST

what did folks think of ep 1? it looks like a very strong start and I am liking the pacing. looks like we won't be spending too much time on the backstory. like that the female lead doesn't seem to be a pushover. even though her mom-in-law is a bit harsh, she is able to counter and make the lady take care of the grandson. ha! sun hwa knows what she wants and is ready to get back to work. but sun hyuk is a weirdo. why doesn't he pick up the phone? and he is having a  fling when his son is being born. face palm. jae kyung promises a fling but then will demand more from sun hyuk. when it doesn't happen, she will create a crime to get sun hwa out of the picture.. looks like an episode of true crime happening! 

and thought of @partyon and @Ameera Ali, we have abs!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3

This made a decent background drama for me.

Hate his mother though - I don't get those 'mother-in-laws who think their sons are the hottest shirts and you should be hella grateful he even picked you' types. It was so despicable she justified 'work' over his son's birth.

And the idiot son + coworker lady ... dude is married and has a son on the way but y'all still think it's a good idea / time for that? His wife is soon-to-be due and can't skip an afterwork company get-together? It's as if no one knew in his company that he was even married. What a jerk. 

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, tofumochu said:

This made a decent background drama for me.

Hate his mother though - I don't get those 'mother-in-laws who think their sons are the hottest shirts and you should be hella grateful he even picked you' types. It was so despicable she justified 'work' over his son's birth.

And the idiot son + coworker lady ... dude is married and has a son on the way but y'all still think it's a good idea / time for that? His wife is soon-to-be due and can't skip an afterwork company get-together? It's as if no one knew in his company that he was even married. What a jerk. 

yea, I couldn't believe that the mother-in-law didn't call him early enough. what happened to technology called text messages / whatsapp etc. does the guy not check his phone -- his sister kept ringing him and he is too busy at a nightclub. rolling my eyes. and yea, he was so sleazy, why didn't he skip dinner when the due date of his wife is so close. shouldn't he be at home buying her nice stuff to eat? he didn't even tell jae kyung that he has a wife and a baby on the way. instead, his words to her were "I am seeing someone" -- as if sun hwa is some girlfriend. since they got married by themselves, am wondering if he is going to pretend that he wasn't really married (more like common law marriage) and none of it was legal.....

but yea, the opening episode really felt like the background setup for those true crime dramas. hubby has fling with someone in office. it gets serious and soon the two hatch a plan to get wife out of the way instead of just going for a divorce... 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but yea, the opening episode really felt like the background setup for those true crime dramas. hubby has fling with someone in office. it gets serious and soon the two hatch a plan to get wife out of the way instead of just going for a divorce... 

eeyew, many married people cheat on their spouses. Why kill them or frame them for murder? Unless there is a company or some position at stake. But the FL is poor ( still can't imagine her as an avenging force) so what's going on? I have just watched ep 1. Who is or are the dead? Mistress' rich parents?

It look like the FL and mistress know each other.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

eeyew, many married people cheat on their spouses. Why kill them or frame them for murder? Unless there is a company or some position at stake.

just watch true crime shows. you will be wondering why some are resorting to this when there is no large money or company at stake. at the end of the episode, the host will often say "they could have just filed for divorce? this makes no sense!" 

Who is or are the dead? Mistress' rich parents?

it sounded like someone sun hwa didn't really know at all or barely. more like being in the wrong place at the wrong time. so it will be interesting to see how this occurred. pretty sure jae kyung's parents will be around to create havoc because of misguided parental love and protection.... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

If she's framed by her own husband, he might have access to her personal things and planted them at the murder scene. I watched the ML in two shows and I don't think he's carrying the happy go lucky role too well in this show. 
He has a serious thin face.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

If she's framed by her own husband, he might have access to her personal things and planted them at the murder scene.

But the worst apparently is that the baby is also going to die:rage:, it also seems that there is an adult who died it's horrible, especially since I think her revenge will probably end only around the last episode, take a lot of episodes lol
Otherwise the title second husband I hope that means that she will remarry with the ML(maybe for revenge),  well before the end of the drama

Looks like there's also a birth secret about FL, maybe her mother is rich!!!?

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

I like it this drama it is fast pace. All this happens in 30 days.  Love Yes GIF by Shalita Grant When reading about this drama I was thinking about this is the “The promise” 2.0.

I don’t think she will remarry the first dude again because basically he a butthead. She needs to away from this family asap(the sister seems okay so far).

I think she marries trot singer and they get smart and get revenge on mr and miss butthead. There is a time jump after jail. Either she is going to be found guilty or not. 
Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, marrez1 said:

But the worst apparently is that the baby is also going to die:rage:, it also seems that there is an adult who died it's horrible, especially since I think her revenge will probably end only around the last episode, take a lot of episodes lol
Otherwise the title second husband I hope that means that she will remarry with the ML(maybe for revenge),  well before the end of the drama

Looks like there's also a birth secret about FL, maybe her mother is rich!!!?

Another dead baby show? These writers are copying each other.

I want to see the FL's dark look. That toothy grin should be shown sparsely. Too often makes her seem flighty.

Is the ML a chaebol having fun?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I have seen these DIY marriages a few times. Is it valid? Can she claim alimony and the likes? 
It is very strange to me. 

He can register his marriage to another woman and I think that would be his legal marriage.

from what I understand, Korea is one of those countries where any ceremony (religious or just people showing up) is not considered legally valid. for that, you have to register in the city council office and fill out the paperwork. this means that there can often be gaps between the filing and the actual ceremony (which is more for celebration with friends and family) -- sometimes people save money before they hold the event. in this case, am guessing that they legally registered but didn't have a big show. so that is probably why there is some elaborate scheme to get sun hwa out of the way and make the marriage void/divorce... 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, youngae said:

don’t think she will remarry the first dude again because basically he a butthead. She needs to away from this family asap(the sister seems okay so far).

I think she marries trot singer and they get smart and get revenge on mr and miss butthead. There is a time jump after jail.

Based on the synopses she is not gonna go back to SH as he dump her and their baby for personal ambition. I suppose he gonna marry JK wanting to get into a rich family. After loosing her baby and being falsely accused for murder she meet Jae min and he falls for her. Drumroll... he is JK stepbrother, so she clearly gonna use him for revenge... but I think she gonna be thorn between falling in love with him and her revenge.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2