[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

On 9/5/2021 at 2:42 AM, Lmangla said:

based on the preview, am guessing that the doctor says that she is now infertile. so whatever happens to sun hwa is probably so that jae kyung and sang hyuk can steal the child and pass it off as their own. however, am wondering how they intend to pass off one year old babe as a newborn... maybe these two will move for a few years and then come back when a few months age difference is not that noticeable in a child? 

After todays episode, that looks like the way its headed - the big problem isn't with the baby's age, its the gender - Sa-Rang is supposed to be a girl, SB is a boy.  Should be interesting to see how they get around that one. 

23 hours ago, maribella said:

There are so many of these stealing, swapping, missing baby trope shows. Why can't they just adopt a baby and lie? Or SHyuk is just too hung up on 'blood' ties?

What? Throw away all this delicious drama? Never!

Will JK be a loving or neglectful mother to a child that isn't hers, more to the point a child thats SH's?

Will gabby MIL accidentally call the child by the wrong name at a critical moment?

Will SH still have a bond with the child that she can't understand/ will the child be drawn to her?  

Will there be a BIG REVEAL when the childs scalding scar is exposed?

Will there be DNA testing drama on who the real parent is?

Adoption?  no no no ...

classic film no GIF by FilmStruck

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

After todays episode, that looks like the way its headed - the big problem isn't with the baby's age, its the gender - Sa-Rang is supposed to be a girl, SB is a boy.  Should be interesting to see how they get around that one. 

The gender's not a problem. The fetus was just too little. They made a mistake. 

In unknown woman, the same thing happened, she was framed and her baby was stolen. Yellow boots I think was also the same. The FL thought the baby died. The FL was also framed. 

I think the writers share the template when writing.

• Like 4

since the writer was kind of detailed about how jae kyung lost the baby, I looked up the terms. (kdrama teaching you stuff!) so hydrosplanx means fallopian tubes filling with fluid. so that is why they had to remove the fallopian tube. I don't know why the drama doctor added of unknown reason because according to dr. google, medicine doesn't know yet why it happens. there are no symptoms just as drama doctor said and only a thorough screening can pick that up. the other thing that was mentioned was that miscarriage because of a bacterial infection. so according to dr. google, a UTI (urinary tract infection) can be problematic when pregnant and cause issues with some women. again, there are no direct symptoms and careful screening is required. 

jae kyung was warned by her doctor that she was pretty weak but she didn't take it seriously as she is obsessed with gaining her dad's favour. am not sure what to think of chairman? what do chingus think -- is her father's approval only if she pops a child? will he really not care for her if she is infertile? or is this all in her head? 

• Insightful 4

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

teaching you stuff!) so hydrosplanx means fallopian tubes filling with fluid. so that is why they had to

Unless there are cancer cells, they could just drain the tubes and save the eggs? They just need to hold on for a few months to harvest the eggs. I think using some unusual disease is going to Poke holes in the story.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

Unless there are cancer cells, they could just drain the tubes and save the eggs? They just need to ma

so this is based on cursory read of dr. google. apparently you can't just drain the fluid. doctors are not really clear on why but the fluid seems to adversely effect the body if it spills out. guess it is a bit like appendix kind of situation? at least thats how I understood it. the most common type of treatment is to just remove the tube through surgery.... 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so this is based on cursory read of dr. google. apparently you can't just drain the fluid. doctors are not really clear on why but the fluid seems to adversely effect the body if it spills out. guess it is a bit like appendix kind of situation? at least thats how I understood it. the most common type of treatment is to just remove the tube through surgery.... 

She should have been in pain for months because fluid would be pressing against other organs. Most likely she would not have got pregnant if the tube is not healthy. For both to be affected too? these kdrama doctors are either brilliant or lame.

Let's just accept JK the tubeless woman. :lol:

Now she is going to be absolutely desperate. How much worse could this manipulative screechy woman get?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, maribella said:

She should have been in pain for months because fluid would be pressing against other organs. Most likely she would not have got pregnant if the tube is not healthy. For both to be affected too? 
Let's just accept JK the tubeless woman. Now she is going to be absolutely desperate. How much worse could this manipulative screechy woman get?

maybe the other tube isn't working? who knows. it is a drama and we will just accept that she is now infertile more or less. sang hyuk told his mom the chances of her becoming a mom is less. so maybe not impossible later down the line? 

as for the pain, she did have for a couple of days but she kept ignoring it as she was convinced her doctor was not advising well. according to dr google, there are not really symptoms including pain that you can detect early on. so that part of the story isn't off... 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

maybe the other tube isn't working? who knows. it is a drama and we will just accept that she is now infertile more or less. sang hyuk told his mom the chances of her becoming a mom is less. so maybe not impossible later down the line? 

as for the pain, she did have for a couple of days but she kept ignoring it as she was convinced her doctor was not advising well. according to dr google, there are not really symptoms including pain that you can detect early on. so that part of the story isn't off... 

You got me curious too. In Webmd page it's called hydrosalpinx and it refers to swollen liquid filled fallopian tubes. The liquid is toxic and it would make conception difficult. There are ways of treating it, all with risks. But the good news is, IVF can be used to implant the eggs . The eggs are in the ovaries. Removing the tubes stopped the sperm from reaching the eggs, so IVF is the only way. 

The story is off if the doctor makes JK thinks she's infertile. That is only true if her ovaries are removed.

I had a friend had half her fallopian removed, I can't remember why. But she was in great pain.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, maribella said:

You got me curious too. In Webmd page it's called hydrosalpinx and it refers to swollen liquid filled fallopian tubes. The liquid is toxic and it would make conception difficult. There are ways of treating it, all with risks. But the good news is, IVF can be used to implant the eggs . The eggs are in the ovaries. Removing the tubes stopped the sperm from reaching the eggs, so IVF is the only way. 

The story is off if the doctor makes JK thinks she's infertile. That is only true if her ovaries are removed.

I had a friend had half her fallopian removed, I can't remember why. But she was in great pain.

yea, this condition was referred to in many IVF sites. in one, it said this occurs in 10-30% of cases seeking IVF. so I guess it is not that uncommon. so in regards to your question about why not go for IVF, I think it is the same as the adoption question. time and effort and inability to hide it from chairman dad and other relatives. am still not convinced this chairman is some baddie that would reject her just because she lost a child and is infertile. he just doesn't come across as this type of cruel tyrant. so I don't get why jae kyung is obsessed with using this baby to climb up the ladder. and in regards to her being infertile, the doctor warned her that her uterus was weak and she needs to be more careful and preferably take off work. so perhaps, it is combination of several factors that makes her infertile or more likely hard to conceive. anyways, it doesn't matter if the drama writer is inaccurate or accurate but we at least learned something new along the way. :) 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

your question about why not go for IVF, I think it is the same as the adoption question. time and effort

No that wasn't my question. Adoption was an easier option but has been debunked by both you and @LeftCoastOppa. The writer has decided that the chairman is delighted with getting a grandchild so she is not going to rock the boat. 

She is insecure in her relationship with her father. She jumps whenever he addresses her. Also living with a stepmother may have affected her negatively. The Madam her birth mother is not a better alternative. I am guessing she was rejected by the father for years before he took her in.

It did not look like the chairman has any relationship with the mother, but she calls him honey. 

I don't think JM's mother is very nice either.

• Like 5

@LeftCoastOppa ~ rather than jae min's mom, am most curious about sae chool and the role he will play. he and jae kyung has such electric chemistry that I keep wondering why she is choosing sang hyuk. maybe if she was more secure, she would have gone for sae chool. he knows things but so far is keeping quiet. however, will he continue to do so?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

@LeftCoastOppa ~ rather than jae min's mom, am most curious about sae chool and the role he will play. he and jae kyung has such electric chemistry that I keep wondering why she is choosing sang hyuk. maybe if she was more secure, she would have gone for sae chool. he knows things but so far is keeping quiet. however, will he continue to do so?  

I think maybe we're in for some backstory via flashback - maybe they were bf/gf as teenagers - Perhaps JK got confronted, and had to keep up appearances and thus became accustomed to looking down on him due to perceived class differences

I could see them together in the very end ... if JK survives that is.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

keep wondering why she is choosing sang hyuk. maybe if she was more secure, she would have gone for sae chool. h

think maybe we're in for some backstory via flashback - maybe they were bf/gf as teenagers - Perhaps JK got confronted, and had to keep up appearances and thus

I think he is her half brother. The mother is 'salon room madam' and maybe didn't choose her rice bowl well in the beginning. :smirk:

At this point the most pressing question concerning JM's mother (for me at least) ... is she having an affair? :rolleyes:

With the short director? 
Her interactions with JM were all about the company and blind dates, mostly to secure the company. Would she risk losing the company by cheating on her husband? Not sure if I like her.

I want to know why granny kidnapped the baby-SH.

In the 'something villa',  the father left the child with a woman.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Her interactions with JM were all about the company and blind dates, mostly to secure the company. Would she risk losing the company by cheating on her husband? Not sure if I like her.

3 hours ago, joccu said:

Honestly the most interesting storyline now is:: is JM mother having an affair!!

Actually, I doubt she is - the Writer/PD-nim is purposely NOT showing us who she meets or what goes on in the room - and now its happened more than once.  While the meetings are certainly clandestine, I don't think they're romantic in nature.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, Lmangla said:

it sounds like she has one tube left and working ovaries so maybe a surrogate?

• Like 4