[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

3 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

The pace is slow. Things need to happen. Enough of this heartbreak.

bwahahahahha.... you haven't watched other dailies. trust me, the pace is fast. :lol: normally we don't see the female lead finding out she is being cheated on for some 30 odd episodes, then she is crying for another 10-15 episodes or more and then she gets divorced and starts putting herself together. so in comparison, this is super fast and it feels like we are going to get set for an explosive revenge. bring it on!

normally, I am feeling second hand embarrassment when the female lead confronts the mistress but in this instance, I wanted to clap and cheer for sun hwa. despite the really tough situation, she held herself with dignity. no tears, no pleading dramatics. she was in control and she laid out the details in plain speak and burst the balloon of sang hyeok. even when jae kyung acted like sun hwa was lying, she didn't dissolve into tears or was begging. both sang hyeok and jae kyung are greedy and this is indeed just business. so they are going to be miserable. that will be their karma.

sun hwa is really confident of her abilities and said something interesting -- in 10 years, she may be more successful than jae kyung. so does that mean we will get a time jump of 10 years once she ends up in jail? 

sae chool is right that jae kyung is going to be miserable and is right in warning her. am wondering if she will have an affair with him when she gets so miserable that she can't bear sang hyeok. am still a bit confused about this missing baby -- bakery mom said sun hwa and seo joon were friends in school. so are they the same age? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I think there will be a switched at birth storyline at some point here.

Agreed - I think that will be the backstory of Sun-Hwa our FL

31 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

I think that guy who persuaded the SFL to ditch the SML is the one who truly deserves her, loves her and wishes her well. I'm sure he is secretly in love with her and would have done the honourable thing and married her with the baby.

I think you're onto something - The butler/driver was introduced as having worked so long for the family that he was considered almost a family member.  What if he is the REAL father of JK's baby? Consider the scenes they've shown us of both their joint interactions(clearly some history) and her actions when she's drunk, what if after being initially rejected by the SML earlier in the drama, she staggered home and while being assisted by the butler she begins to tease him because she knows he likes her - one thing leads to another, and BOOM we got a family scandal waiting for a paternity test.

12 hours ago, maribella said:

After 2-3 episodes of seeing SH begging the SML, I still think it's too shameful and useless. Say for a minute that he goes back to her, would they ever have a normal relationship? No, she would have to bury it deep.

Agreed - other than the confrontation with JK, this is just getting painful to watch.

12 hours ago, maribella said:

So let this be a lesson to unmarried young women, fall in love, have fun but don't forget your contraceptives until you are married and it's registered. Of course, staying out of bed before marriage is the ideal state.

It goes for the men as well - married life will provide you time enough in the bedroom, so live with uninhibited passion OUTSIDE - thats why they created the backseats in cars, and in some cases the front seats too - I used to drive this Ford Thunderbird, the front seats could recline so far that if you were limber enough you could ... what? :huh: ... thats not what you meant? .... oh, sorry :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Interesting parallel both SH and JM are wanderer not having their life put together and both are at the lowest. But both seems to have an inner strength. I feel JM still seems to be in the background while we dealing with SH life turning upside down, but the little we see JM we can see that he is trying to figuring out his life and what he want to do. I think we gonna see more of him and what character he is in the second act. I think they gonna be a powerful couple and gonna be fun seeing them torture the second leads. <_<

Preview for tomorrow episode. whoa our girl is giving SH a well deserved slap! Looks like she is giving up on him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/18/2021 at 4:34 AM, Lmangla said:

.... and I don't think the chairman wife is having an affair. so what was that secret meeting for?.... 

I was in initial agreement with you on this one, but after today's episode, I'm not so sure - the way she seemed to be straightening herself after she left ... hmmm ... maybe there was a physical ... fight?  Even without subs yet, its clear she wasn't honest with her husband.

It seems Sun-Hwa isn't quite through debasing herself ... this is getting REAL hard to watch.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I can't believe this! I waited for the ML and FL to finally meet and it was right at the end. 2 seconds of that and the end?  How can they do this to us?:cries3:Anyway, the next episode looks promising as they keep bumping into each other , it seems. Can't stand the SML.

The blind date misunderstanding seems like a good trope to get few laughs.  The almost MIL doesn't know how her words ring true. He is truly Mr. Right for her. 

Also, what's with the shady chairman's wife? Is she having an affair? Her behaviour is quite suspicious. :ph34r:

EDIT: The SML needs to stop manhandling her. He's always dragging her, pushing her, grabbing her by the wrist! Doesn't she have a 'black belt'? She should give it back to him for manhandling her and for being so disrespectful towards her. :kicks:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

The SML needs to stop manhandling her. He's always dragging her, pushing her, grabbing her by the wrist! Doesn't she have a 'black belt'? She should give it back to him for manhandling her and for being so

Kdrama love does that. Turn a spunky woman into an 'oppa, oppa' or 'otoke,otoke'.
Sometimes a brilliant hardnosed business woman turned 'otoke, otoke' by the man she loved.

Hopefully she will keep her word in the last episode, 'to stop it'. I am guessing it means she will give up the begging.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

is jae kyung dumb or is she just choosing to believe the nonsense sang hyuk is saying? the amount of lies coming out of his mouth makes zero logical sense. sae chool has already investigated and given her a true picture and yet she is listening to sang hyuk and doubting her own judgement.

:facepalm:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I think she finds herself between a rock and a hard place seeing she is pregnant and how she could claim the company shares if she gets married and has a baby. The way she longingly looks at the couple expecting their child at the hospital shows she genuinely wants the baby. I think she gives in , in spite of his lies because she is guided by her maternal feelings and her greed to get her hands on those company shares. I think she is very much aware of the fact that SML is the lowest of low scumbag who is greedy , shameless and manipulative and can lie his way out of any situation.

I wish she had listened to that other guy who investigated the SML. He seems to be a good guy with her best interest at his heart. Now, if that's not 'true love', I wonder what it is?:please:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

Well we finally got an explanation on what JK sees in the SML, looks as if she's growing more devious with each episode - best not alienate bio-mom though, every enemy is a potential future ally of Sun-Hwa. 

Speaking of Sun-Hwa, it looks like her back bone is finally firming up, and thats refreshing to see. 

The "blind date" meet up with Jin-Mae was fun, and it looks from the preview that he's going to be making more serious inquiries about who she really is beyond the "ferocious bread" moniker - I hope he becomes a bit less clownish moving forward.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, tulip06 said:

That cafe scene at the of today’s episode was FIRE. Excellent acting from both our ladies. I am loving this daily. 

sun hwa has a lot of confidence in herself and her retorts are fantastically sarcastic and on point. 

jae kyung: how does it feel to be abandoned?

sun hwa: I don't have to tell you because you will discover for yourself.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

bwwahahahahah, burn!..... am looking forward to see the kind of stuff we will see once the revenge kicks in. looks like we might have lots of fun. 

EDIT: Poll alert! cast your vote chingus!

re: @confusedheart, @agenth, @Sleepy Owl, @partyon

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

21 hours ago, confusedheart said:

@Lmangla I have a very bad feeling about the baby because I think I read about it in one of the synopsis. :tears: I hope they go 'Secret Love' way and  the baby is adopted by a loving family. 

Yeah, if that synopsis isn't lying, that's a big hype killer for me. I mean I can handle it but it's one of the worst tropes a drama can use for me.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, knkg said:

Yeah, if that synopsis isn't lying, that's a big hype killer for me. I mean I can handle it but it's one of the worst tropes a drama can use for me.

the same for me, it's horrible the death of a baby, I still hope that it will not be a premeditated murder or not, I do not want, because after we will see the guilty people quietly for 100 episodes without anything happen to them, and the FL be completely stupid

• Like 1
  • Love 2