English title: The Journey of Chong Zi
Genre: Xianxia, romance

Director: Liu Guo Hui
Screenwriter: Tang Qi Cen
Producer: Zhang Meng, Xu Wen Jun, Li Dan

Episodes: 40

Broadcast Date: Feb 15 - Mar 15, 2023

Network: Tencent

Note: Adapted from the novel "Chong Zi" (重紫) by Shu Ke and Story takes place in the same universe as Song of the Moon.

Cast:

Yang Chao Yue as Chong Zi
Xu Zheng Xi as Luo Yinfan
Ma Wen Yuan as Zhuo Hao
Lin Si Yi as Sima Miao Yuan
Deng Wei as Qin Ke
Wang Zhuo Cheng as Mang Yue
Yang Xin Ying as Yin Shuixian
Gao Han as Chu Bufu
Zhang Ke Ai as Yan Zhenzhu
Li Dai Kun as Mu Yu
Jia Ze as Zhuo Yunji
Zheng Guo Lin as Zhuo Yao
Zhang Zhi Xi as Shui Ji
Yu Bo as Ni Lun
Wang Jiu Sheng as Min Yunzhong
Quan Pei Lun as Xue Ling
Hu Yun Hao as Yu Du
Dong Yan as Gong Keran
Zhang Qing Qing as Chief Lan
Li Xing Yao as Min Suqiu
Yang Han as Ting Xue
Jin Mei Ling as Meng Ji

Synopsis:
About the romance between Chong Zi, a pure and kind girl cursed with an ill fate; and her teacher Luo Yinfan, an immortal who takes it upon himself to protect the world.

The demon king Ni Lun was annihilated leaving the demon clan in tatters as they escape into the mortal realm. Chong Zi is pure and kind, yet she is the daughter of Ni Lun. After being saved by the immortal Chu Bu Fu, she becomes determined to cultivate at Nanhua but is turned away as it has been foretold that she will become a demon.

this time, the venerable Luo Yin Fan surprisingly accepts Chong Zi as his only disciple. Chong Zi is very reliant on Luo Yin Fan and wishes for nothing more than to be by his side. In turn, Luo Yin Fan promises to protect her. A conspiracy leads to Chong Zi's imprisonment and Luo Yin Fan is unable to do anything to help, leading to her death for the sake of peace.

In her second life, Chong Zi comes to Nanhua again. Luo Yin Fan recognizes her in one glance. In order to protect her, he seals the evil miasma within her and keeps her close, thus continuing their relationship as master and disciple. However, there is no escape from the wheel of fate. Chong Zi once again becomes the target of a multitude of arrows. In a fit of rage, she embraces her demonic side and reaches the point of no return.

Fate has played a cruel joke on the star-crossed lovers - one is the venerable master who carries the world on his shoulders while the other has the blood of the demon clan flowing in her veins. They helplessly fell in love, helplessly turned against each other, yet they still cannot break free from their feelings. Can their love shake the rules of heaven and earth?

Cr dramawiki, MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

Not a fan of the leading actress, I this she is way too hyped and backed by promotion made by her company,  however a lot of familiar faces, so high hopes for this drama. And Deng Wei from Miss the Dragon is in it as well, so can't wait. Haven't seen any of the male lead's work, could someone recommmend any of his dramas?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, leo2020 said:

Not a fan of the leading actress, I this she is way too hyped and backed by promotion made by her company,  however a lot of familiar faces, so high hopes for this drama. And Deng Wei from Miss the Dragon is in it as well, so can't wait. Haven't seen any of the male lead's work, could someone recommmend any of his dramas?

Gosh, yes, me too! I'm lukewarm towards the female lead. I saw her in this one ancient drama with Xu Kai Cheng ( I loved the novel version of this one, by the way!) and a modern drama  a while  back. I am not a fan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Gosh, yes, me too! I'm lukewarm towards the female lead. I saw her in this one ancient drama with Xu Kai Cheng ( I loved the novel version of this one, by the way!) and a modern drama  a while  back. I am not a fan. 

Yep, I've also seen that drama -Dance of the Phoenix- and Xu Kai Cheng and Wang Haoxuan were the saviors of it, otherwise it was a torture to watch despite a very good plot. Is there any English translation of the novel? Since the ending of the drama is emmm...confusing to say the least...

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Yep, I've also seen that drama -Dance of the Phoenix- and Xu Kai Cheng and Wang Haoxuan were the saviors of it, otherwise it was a torture to watch despite a very good plot. Is there any English translation of the novel? Since the ending of the drama is emmm...confusing to say the least...

The novel is titled 

Spoiler

The Godly Empress Doctor. I really liked the novel but I haven't finished it yet.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Chong Zi 重紫
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

Hmm.. Glad that there will be many of Jeremy's dramas airing in 2022..
Just knowing him in Autumn Ballads and enjoying his new drama Be My Princess
Looking forward for other of his new drama

Same here:wub:. I should confess I've never watched any of his dramas before the Autumn Ballad,  I was stunned with his acting and am a huge fan now. Enjoying Be My Princess as well, and decided to watch his previous dramas- so now I'm somewhere in the middle of Novoland 2:). He IMO has an amazing quality to create onscreen chemistry and connect with any partner he acts with. That unique ability is very rare. That's why I'm now not that worried about Chong Zi's FL performance as I was before. Hope Jeremy would fill the gaps easily, even when and if she slips in her acting.

Also looking forward to Deng Wei's performance, hope his role is interesting to watch. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Chong Zi 重紫 starring Jeremy Xu & Yang Chao Yue
On 6/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, leo2020 said:

Same, not a fan of the FL at all.

But the story sounds really interesting.

Imma try to watch this when it airs.

Oh, I failed to mention that I do like the ML.

Hehehehe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:
On 6/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, leo2020 said:

Same, not a fan of the FL at all.

But the story sounds really interesting.

Imma try to watch this when it airs.

Oh, I failed to mention that I do like the ML

Since 2021 when I wrote the post I've fallen for the ML as well. Seen 3 dramas from him so far, all 3- top).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Since 2021 when I wrote the post I've fallen for the ML as well. Seen 3 dramas from him so far, all 3- top).

He has a lot of appeal.

Not your typical flower boy but very suave and dashing.

I don't know how to describe it but I find him attractive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

He has a lot of appeal.

Not your typical flower boy but very suave and dashing.

I don't know how to describe it but I find him attractive. 

IMO he is very good with "face-" and "eyes-" micro-expressions. Not a "sweet flower boy", but very manly attractive). Good in comedy parts as well))). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

IMO he is very good with "face-" and "eyes-" micro-expressions. Not a "sweet flower boy", but very manly attractive). Good in comedy parts as well))). 

Yeah, he does comedy pretty well.

That's something that not a lot can do.

Like he has a deadpan face sometimes and he still comes off as funny. 

• Like 1