Zhang Jia Xin as Xiao Jin
Qiu Ding Jie (邱鼎杰) as Wu Mu
Liang Zhi Qing (梁芷菁) as Da Tao
Guo Kang Min (郭康敏) as Yi Li
He You Ning as Se Ning
Guo Yang as Chi Nv
Guo Jie Yang (郭颐阳) as Wei Ye

Synopsis:

In the Wei Kingdom of the Mortal World, although the cultivation of immortals is popular, immortality is still out of reach for most common men. Wei Zhi, a young lady, has been seen as a harbinger of unluckiness since young. Although she is quiet and lowkey in her actions, she is not cowardly. She bravely attended the coming-of-age ceremony to detect for the presence of immortality root bones. During the ceremony, the group of thirty-six Wei Zhi was in showed the Phoenix figure in the mirror. Due to this, the entire group was sent to the Egret Academy for further studies. Amongst them, the outstanding third lady of the Wei Family became a popular contender of the individual who possesses the Phoenix bloodline. In the academy, the young ladies and gentlemen who were born with a silver spoon, were tormented by the strict teacher, Yan Yue.

In fact, Yan Yue is the Monarch of the Heavens, and has come down to the Mortal World to find the individual who has the Phoenix bloodline because according to legend, the Phoenix is a terrifying existence that will destroy the three worlds, and killing the phoenix is the biggest test for Yan Yue. In the meantime, although Yan Yue cannot interfere with human affairs due to the law of the Heavens, he gradually developed an interest in the intelligent and tenacious Wei Zhi.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Hua Rong 花戎
  • 3 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Hua Rong 花戎 starring Ju Jing Yi & Guo Jun Chen
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Floral Armour 花戎 starring Ju Jing Yi & Guo Jun Chen
  • 7 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Beauty of Resilience 花戎, premieres June 1, starring Ju Jing Yi & Guo Jun Chen
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Beauty of Resilience 花戎, premiered June 1, starring Ju Jing Yi & Guo Jun Chen
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a single discussion on this drama :astonished: I completed it without fast forward.

episode 32 to 36 finale is very bad
the scriptwriter killed off many characters , probably scriptwriter bad mood during pandemic 2020 and this show was filmed in 2021 , production team approved this bad ending they are at fault too

I rate this 6/10 overall , below average (my benchmark for average drama is 6.5)

up to episode 31 i rated it 7.2/10
ep32 onwards when the male lead lack feelings when his fake wife and son bid goodbye , emperor become body snatcher .... i rate it 4/10 to 6/10
the ending flying flower rewind montage of all their moments together , with the background song duet by the actress actor , i increased it back to 7/10
final scene revealed it's just memories , the flying flower didn't change anything except touring past time , the 2 lead characters both died after pluck out the flower from body , decrease rating back to 6/10

costume , average by today's standard , above average if compared to drama 5-8 years ago
camera lighting not good in the demon world , make that supporting actress facial skin tone look like paper effigy paraphernalia
outdoor scenes , limited ... probably because 2021 pandemic restrictions
CGI , average to slightly below average .... CGI used to cut cost by not making so many wooden or foam props in background & battlefield , magic combat scenes CGI are average by today's standards

music , above average due to the effort by actor actress to sing , i always plus point when drama have this feature
child actor , average , the young phoenix and the later fake son
fail script or plot at last 5 episodes , belong to 2/10 to 5/10 rating , saved by the rewind footage of their long journey together

recap on all the characters that died
young phoenix father and grandpa , entire clan
dazhun and peacock each 1 palm killed 1 (general son classmate & guoshi bodyguard )
lord ming (after drink tea)
flashback first lifetime , ming-gege , father marshall , jealous general , guoshi , city burned down ... i forgot what happen to the brother
phoenix first lifetime died
3rd and 4th lady in the clan , died in city battle and peacock died when attacking the flower ritual
phoenix mama block peacock attack
mu-nan died in twice across 2 generation , with magic revival inbetween
previous generation dazhun died
white hair old man absorbed back into black hair old man
black hair old man died when his magic apothecary collapse from breaking rule by not harvest anything from phoenix
imaginary wife and son from the healing jade
rain deity brother
big peach the farmer
fox
male lead mama impale sword by emperor in time flashback
empress , after use all energy to time travel edit 1 more time
emperor , weaken by time travel edit and kaboom after injected flower
female lead , died from voluntarily pull out flower
male lead , injured and died after pull out flower

this type drama with high 20s character death , previously i counted in 倾世皇妃 2011

• LOL 1

I followed the drama pretty well.

There are some parts that are very cliche, I see them in some other wuxia and Xianxias.

But overall, I'm ok with it.

I found the male lead's cheeks very cute...hahaha!

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Beauty of Resilience 花戎