[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

I would have to agree with the sentiments about YS, he is arrogant and self centered. I have not been able to read the novel since I can't find it translated, but just him from the show I don't like him. That does not mean that I won't wind up liking him. I believe that everyone can change, but I know that I won't like him no matter what to be with CSS. Maybe a good friend, or someone who she might be able to rely on, but not as a partner for her.

LY... I like him, but I feel that he is very weak. He needs a woman who is strong and can take care of him and help him be stronger.

LBY, Well he is my personal favorite out of the 3. Yes he is tough and very hard on people. However he cares, maybe too much. I don't find him as a dangerous person, as I see him as more of a very determined young man to do what is right.

Now he so far has done the right thing, especially when he killed that one prisoner instead of letting him go to trial, He took the blame and the punishment with grace. I give him credit for that.

I feel he is the best for CSS, because no matter what he accepts her, he loves her for who she is. In his eyes she is perfect, flaws in all. Her imperfections make her perfect in his eyes. They both definitely needs someone who will just be there and tell them it will be okay. Like how CSS always asks him if he is okay, you can see how that really touches him. For oncec someone is watching out for him and the same goes for her.

I look forward to see what is in store for us, but I won't lie, I am bracing for some heartache, before we have happiness.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, QSD said:

This one!!!

I really love this scene.

So worthy of their conversation and his sort of confession.

I felt so sad when he said he never got to listen earnestly to her flute.

Awwww!!! LBY wo ai ni!!!

• Like 3

Eps 31 and 32 slowed down a bit.

Ep 31:

In this episode, we learnt many background stories.

1) We learnt that Consort Yue Heng had once accompanied Emperor Wen to the battlefield.  That was how the 3rd Princess came to be raised by her Brother, Marquis Yue.   Resulting in her arrogant and extravagant behavior.

2) We also learnt the Crown Prince actually was in love with someone else before he married the Crown Princess.  It seems to hint that the Crown Princess had "Wrestled" the Crown Prince away from that someone.  If this is true, then the Crown Princess is not a nice person either.  Surprise, surprise.

3) We learnt that Huo Jian Hua, Ling Bu Yi's crazy Fake mother (her father's younger sister) was once in love with Emperor.  While Emperor Wen was in love with young Yue Heng.  Out of jealousy, she plotted to have Yue Heng  kidnapped by bandits.  Since then the Emperor Wen had ignored her.

I think that must be the reason why Huo Jian Hua did not tell Emperor Wen about her husband Ling Yi slaughtering the Huo Family.  Emperor Wen will never believe her.  So she pretended to be Crazy.   Which is just as well.  Because otherwise Emperor Wen would not have taken away Ling Bu Yi and raise him like a son.

4) During the Death Anniversary Memorial Service for the late General Huo, the 3rd Princess bullied Cheng Shao Shang.  CSS hit back resulting in her outer white mourning coat catching fire.  It  had to be removed, revealing the Fiery Red Dress inside.  The Emperor was infuriated.

3rd Prince added to the Fire by informing the Emperor that Fake Coins had been found circulating in her Fief.  The Emperor was angry and asked how dare she mint fake coins. She denied of course. The 3rd Prince informed the Emperor that he had investigated.  The fake coins came from  Lord Qian-An Junior's Coin-Minting Mine at Shouchun.  The punishment for Minting Counterfeit Coins is Death.  But because it involved Madam Wen Xiu and Marquis Yue (Consort Yue Heng's brother),  the Emperor only had the 3rd Princess lashed.  And Lord Qian-An Junior's Coin-Minting Mine closed.

(It was Ling Bu Yi who fed the information to the 3rd Prince.  So in other words, CSS had messed up LBY's plan to get rid of Marquis Yue).

5) Later Madam Wen Xiu sent a letter to her son Wang Long telling him to go after bandits in order to gain some glory.  LBY told his 2 assistants to have the bandits fed the news that Emperor Wen had sent Wang Long to suppress them..  That the emperor's instructions was "No Victory No Return". 

So the bandits had the entire army of Wang Long trapped.

Ep 32:

When Emperor Wen found out, he was furious with the Crown Prince and almost had him or Wang Chun removed.  Because Wang Long had acted without any official authorisation.  And yet the Crown Prince was pleading Clemency for them. Wang Long is Wang Chun and Madam Wen Xiu's son.  And Wang Chun is the Crown Prince's uncle.  By reason that Madam Wen Xiu is from his mother's (the Empress) side of the family.  The late Lord Qian-an is Mdm Wen Xiu's father.  Rumours were abound that the Crown Prince will be deposed soon.

But CSS taught the Crown Prince how to regain the Emperor's favour.  So much so that Emperor Wen gave the Tiger's Seal to the Crown Prince.  With the Tiger's Seal, the Emperor's 3 Divisions of Army will now come under the command of the Crown Prince. 

So CSS had unintentionally, foiled Ling Bu Yi's Plan - a Second Time.  Ep 32 ended on a Sad Note - A Lovers' Tiff.  But I must give credit to Ling Bu Yi for remaining Calm & Gentle to CSS throughout.

P/S:  I think it will not be long before Luo Ji Tong starts to  show her true colours.

Edited

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Interesting conversation about the suitors. Really enjoyed it. I have not read the novel so all my perspective about the characters is based on the depiction in the drama. 

I too am dependent on these 'interesting conversations ' we have on soompi ....little tidbits that just add flavour to already great showing . 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I too am dependent on these 'interesting conversations ' we have on soompi ....little tidbits that just add flavour to already great showing . 

@Lodestar and @jadore1  I am glad to hear that our "Little Tidbits" help.   What I am afraid of,  is "Me Talking Too Much Unnecessarily".  So if I have committed that Sin, do let me know.:lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Eps 31 and 32 slowed down a bit.

Ep 31:

In this episode, we learnt many background stories.

1) We learnt that Consort Yue Heng had once accompanied Emperor Wen to the battlefield.  That was how the 3rd Princess came to be raised by her Brother, Marquis Yue.   Resulting in her arrogant and extravagant behavior.

2) We also learnt the Crown Prince actually was in love with someone else before he married the Crown Princess.  It seems to hint that the Crown Princess had "Wrestled" the Crown Prince away from that someone.  If this is true, then the Crown Princess is not a nice person either.  Surprise, surprise.

3) We learnt that Huo Jian Hua, Ling Bu Yi's crazy Fake mother (her father's younger sister) was once in love with Emperor.  While Emperor Wen was in love with young Yue Heng.  Out of jealousy, she plotted to have Yue Heng to be kidnapped by bandits.  Since then the Emperor Wen had ignored her.

I think that must be the reason why Huo Jian Hua did not tell Emperor Wen about her husband Ling Yi slaughtering the Huo Family.  Emperor Wen will never believe her.  So she pretended to be Crazy.   Which is just as well.  Because otherwise Emperor Wen would not have taken away Ling Bu Yi and raise him like a son.

4) During the Death Anniversary Ceremony for the late General Huo, the 3rd Princess bullied Cheng Shao Shang.  CSS hit back resulting in her outer white mourning coat catching fire.  It  had to be removed, revealing the Fiery Red Dress inside.  The Emperor was infuriated.

3rd Prince added to the Fire by informing the Emperor that 3rd Princess has been circulating Fake Coins in her Fief.  3rd Princess put the blame on Lord Qian-An Junior of course.  The punishment for Minting Counterfeit Coins is Death.  But because it involved Madam Wen Xiu and Marquis Yue (Consort Yue Heng's brother),  the Emperor only had her lashed. 

(It was Ling Bu Yi who fed the information to the 3rd Prince.  So in other words, CSS had messed up LBY's plan to get rid of Marquis Yue).

5) Later Madam Wen Xiu sent a letter to her son Wang Long telling him to go after bandits in order to gain some glory.  LBY told his 2 assistants to have the bandits fed the news that Emperor Wen had sent Wang Long to suppress them..  That the emperor's instructions was "No Victory No Return". 

So the bandits had the entire army of Wang Long trapped.

Ep 32:

When Emperor Wen found out, he was furious with the Crown Prince and almost had him or Wang Chun removed.  Because Wang Long had acted without any official authorisation.  Wang Long is Wang Chun and Madam Wen Xiu's son.  And Wang Chun is the Crown Prince's uncle.  Rumours were abound that the Crown Prince will be deposed soon.

But CSS taught the Crown Prince how to regain the Emperor's favour.  So much so that Emperor Wen gave the Tiger's Seal to the Crown Prince.  With the Tiger's Seal, the Emperor's 3 Armies will now come under the command of the Crown Prince. 

So CSS had unintentionally, foiled Ling Bu Yi's Plan - a Second Time.  Ep 32 ended on a Sad Note.

P/S:  I think it will not be long before Luo Ji Tong starts to  show her true colours.

Can you spoil a bit about Lou Ji Tong? What makes her such a villain? 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, transki said:

Can you spoil a bit about Lou Ji Tong? What makes her such a villain? 

@transki  Lou Ji Tong was brought into the Palace by the Queen to be the "Study Mate" (in other words "a Classmate or Playmate") of the 5th Princess.  Like all the Palace Ladies, she is "Secretly In Love" with Ling Bu Yi.  

The Dangerous thing about Luo Ji Tong is she "Hides" everything inside.  The other Palace Ladies showed their admirations for LBY openly.  In fact even Foolishly.  But not Luo Ji Tong.  She exudes a Very Calm, Well-Mannered and Benign Exterior.   I believe it is an "Erupting Volcano" inside.  So naturally, she will scheme against any Lady who has Ling Bu Yi's Love.  And we all know that lady is Cheng Shao Shang

a) She already showed a  well-concealed Disapproval when LBY saved CSS from the broken pieces of Porcelain in Ep 24.

b) In ep 31, Luo Ji Tong was attending to a Heart-Broken Empress, when Emperor reprimanded the CP.  The Empress Did Not Respond to her care and refused to eat.

But with CSS, the Empress began to Smile and Eat.

LJT was Furious.  But she held it in.  I believe she will start to instigate the 5th Princess to harass CSS.  After all the 5th Princess had been her "Reading Mate" for so many years.  I don't have to watch the Preview to know that.  Put yourself in LJT's position.  What would you do?  Who would you go to?

The ending scene of Ep 32.  

imageimage

Cheng Shao Shang ran so excitedly to meet Ling Bu Yi.  Ling Bu Yi did not scold her.  He just reiterated his advice: "Do Not Interfere in Palace Politics. Stay away from the Crown Prince & Princess".  But she was too immature and naive (and a little stubborn) to realise the Gravity of the situation.  She did throw a little Tantrum at LBY.  CSS told LBY: "The Most Complicated Thing In This World Is You.   I could marry a normal man and live a normal life.  The royal court, the palace and His Majesty are none of my busines.  You are the one who dragged me into this."  :frown:  (My take is: "Are you sure that if you marry an ordinary man, your Married Life will be smooth-sailing all the way?)

CSS advised the CP to use the "Family Factor" to move Emperor Wen's heart.  But An Imperial Family is unlike a normal family.  Every little decision and action will affect the Entire Country.

Emperor Wen gave the "Tiger Seal" to the Crown Prince.  But the CP wanted LBY to keep it for him.  Fortunately Ling Bu Yi is Not Power-Hungry or Evil. He rejected it. 

LBY advised the CP to keep it carefully. That he should Not give it to anyone.  Not even for Security Reasons.  At that moment, I really admire his Loyalty to the Royal Family.  His patience with the CP.

So it is right for Ling Bu Yi to choose the 3rd Prince - A Decision Devoid Of Sentiments.  But Based On Merits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ep. 31 - 32 was kind of slow and sort of dull LoL as it centred more on politics .. family squabbles .. and our otp hit another speed bump in their relationship.

I don't blame Shao Shang's recklessness ; she is very young after all and appear to be very inexperienced. I don't blame Bu Yi either. He has little social interaction and has lived a life of mostly bein' in solitary mode and in military codes etc.

They're going through the usual relationship phase where couples are trying to figure e.o. out. They just need to learn to communicate better. Trust is essential of course. 

It was however very satisfying to watch bratty third princess get her comeuppance! Well done Shao Shang Bravo! To think it was the princess's own bro that threw her under the bus WoW. However Consort Yue's own bro has grievances of his tsk. These rich folks I tell ya never satisfied with anything. Even if Consort Yue was empress that bro of hers would still whine about something!

Was glad Consort Yue shut him down though. Really hope she doesn't turn evil.. fifth princess is still a threat to Shao Shang aish LoL. The smug look on her face when third princess was exposed. Just you wait. You're next don't get too comfortable. And she brazenly hangs out with a harem of men while she calls Shao Shang a temptress! What a hypocrite.

Emperor loves teasing Shao Shang so much ha-ha. Empress adores her as well.. I really wished both Shao Shang with Crown Prince stop with the pity parties.. the "I'm not good enough.. I am not loved.. I am incapable.. bla.. bla.." it's annoying tbh LoL. 

Crown Prince, Shao Shang need to learn they are good enough already. They need to learn to accept their flaws & work on their strengths. 

On Ji Tong, she appear to be harmless on the surface @transki she is what I like to call a "silent sniper". They strike when you least expect it. Which is deadly. I notice she did not look pleased when Bu Yi came to Shao Shang's rescue in an earlier ep. And again when empress has a better rapport with Shao Shang when she has only been in palace for a short time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No wonder Bu Yi was wary of Crown Princess. Shao Shang act too impulsively but luckily, Bu Yi is aware & is one step ahead of wifey eheh. I do wish Shao Shang be kinder toward Bu Yi.. anyways they kissed so uWu~ I read a comment that the actor Leo Wu whose mother is his manager forbids him to have kissing scenes so what happened LoL!?

Ep. 34 was another gem. Consort Yue makes an appearance but this time it is like a backup team LoL. The emperor, empress comin' together to take out the trash - the annoyingly pesky ol' consort with Bu Yi's shameless stepmom. 

I just can't at ol' consort's hubs who demanded a divorce ahahahah. And he actually welcomed his wife's suicide! 

Bu Yi looked magnificent in his red engagement attire/ robe. I liked that the bride was in pink. Still in same color family as red is overwhelming if worn by both.

• Like 4

OMG, Episode 34 is so good - too many scenes to swoon about, too many hilarious scenes as well! I love seeing the support of the Emperor, Empress, Consort Yue to Zisheng's NiaoNiao! And General Ling, he really loves NiaoNiao so much!! Love, love this episode.  If the series ends at this episode, I couldn't be happier.  

• Like 5

Dear all, 

I'm loving this drama so much! It's gorgeous in all aspects and so well acted, I'm especially appreciating the older actor/actresses. They are delivering terrific performances.

The only thing I don't like is my silly decision to watch this while on air. I usually binge-watch the shows I like and waiting for the releases is a real torture!

I have a question for you, though. It concern CSS's behaviour while in the palace. If I compare her way of speech or intervening in royals' arguments with other historical dramas (Yanxi Palace is a good example), every time I'm waiting for her to be beaten or even put to death... :grimace:

Is it realistic in your opinion that she's allowed to say everything that comes to her mind with no consequences at all?

For instance, in ep. 44 (a great one) she speaks rudely and arrogantly both to His Majesty 's aunt and to LBY's stepmother. I don't know, I feel this behaviour too modern for the setting. What do you think?

• Like 6

Under normal circumstances, it would not be allowed to go unpunished, but because the Emperor and the Empress love LBY and they also like SS, they indulge in her behaviour. Furthermore, SS is verbalising what they cannot say in their positions, but have been having the same thoughts and feelings towards those nasty people. Besides, all this is happening in the inner court, which is the domain of the Empress, and she is the highest authority there. If this were to happen in official court setting, then of course the officials will definitely pursue it, and the Emperor would be pressured to act.

The same can be said about the incident at SS’s engagement party. The confrontation happened behind closed doors, so it’s considered a ‘domestic’ matter among only a few Royal people. Not even SS’s parents were allowed to witness what was going on.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Yuan is gettin' visibly jealous. Shao Shang's still oblivious to him & hopefully it stays that way. He should move on. Same with Crown Prince also. Such disrespect to his wife.

Fifth Princess what a mess she made at the banquet. Pity Consort Yue, Empress have such horrific daughters. It took Shao Shang 36 ep. ha-ha but she is finally starting to look at hubs with hearts in her eyes.. his smile when she kissed him on the forehead was real cute~

Of course 5th Princess has to ruin it all! Ji Tong's maid(?) is even worse than she is. Wonder if Wang Ling would now side with Shao Shang & 5th Prince as her allies? That would be interesting. 

They're not married but already engage in hot intense foreplay ahahahah. Were they inspired by "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" for the tight hugs LoL??!?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

You know a drama is good when you are sitting at the end of your chair and punching the air with wanting to strangle the princess or totally loose it when the love birds are in their own world and we can feel their Amore :heart:  finished ep 36 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, jadore1 said:

You know a drama is good when you are sitting at the end of your chair and punching the air with wanting to strangle the princess or totally loose it when the love birds are in their own world and we can feel their Amore :heart:  finished ep 36 

Yes!!! A million times YES... See I sit here at my computer and I watch my dramas...all while my husband and roommates are watching tv or playing games...So I am in my own little world with my headphones on and my snacks and well it's my personal little heavenly place. Now having said that, This drama has had me making so many noises from gasping, to laughing, even crying.. but the sounds that come from me when CSS and her mom start slapping people... oooooh Oooooo GIF.. LOL

That aside, I love love love this show, but the hardest part for me is the waiting. After I finished up the eps last night I just sank into this despair for CSS and LBY because the hurt is coming, and we all know it. -sighs- And no one here at my house can even relate, I feel like I sad little kitten because I have all these feelings and they have none.. LOL

Aside from that... The I really hate the 5th princess....like really really hate her, and I'm so over JiTong and her oh woah is me, we need  to rise above it bullcrap, I sometimes wish I could just strangle some of these people.

~Tama

• Like 3