[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

7 hours ago, Yinye said:

Today I purchased the official translated novel (Thai) and the publisher is only releasing the first three volumes on November 18. There’s a total of 7 volumes for the complete novel. The other 4 volume is set for early 2023. Each volume is pretty thick! 

If you are curious what it looks like:

https://store.jamsai.com/8859305117034.html

Awee That looks really pretty. I hope that eventually we will get an English translation eventually.

But enjoy them when you get them :heartxoxo:

• Like 2

I went to the second part to specifically watch Zeng Li). BTW,  she shared a post on weibo re her character, and I was able to read it with auto-translation, very highly recommend it to anyone interested).

I think they were so lucky to have her for this role. I actually follow her career a bit, she is very talented and every role she takes - she turns it into gold. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Thanks in advance.

Really appreciate it if ever I get confused.

Yeah I have started reading it, I get a bit confused too so I am hoping it will get easier.

I do miss the activity in this thread since the drama is over. D=

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tamakins said:

Yeah I have started reading it, I get a bit confused too so I am hoping it will get easier.

I do miss the activity in this thread since the drama is over. D=

Yup, it's silent here for the moment.

I guess it's because both stars have new shows to shoot. 

• Like 2

I saw that there’s rumors that they may air the full Director’s version of LLTG with the 10 episodes that were cut during the next Chinese New Year. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/09/10/c-ent-insiders-say-director-of-love-like-the-galaxy-is-working-on-editing-the-cut-10-episodes-worth-of-material-and-the-drama-may-be-re-released-in-full-for-lunar-new-year-holiday-2023/

I will def pray that this is true and def re-watch this! 

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

15 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Yinye i think many people will be jumping for joy if this is the case - the director should be smart enough to capitalise on this, tbh.

Def agree. I got my mother and sister to watch this one and they both also loved it but were slightly disappointed re the choppy final episodes etc. 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

@Yinye I was complaining to a friend:

Me: Why can't they give us a wedding? After all we've been put through, they could at least give us a wedding.

Friend: Do you know how much it costs to film a wedding? The deco, the garments, the props etc?

Me: :criesariver:

Lol, I was quite, quite speechless when she explained it in that manner. I saw before hand that the author even had an epilogue - I really wasn't hoping for much, kids, the conversation between the 3rd brother and Yuan Shen when they are  old, that would have been too much, but a wedding, isn't that fan service?  :partyblob:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@Yinye I was complaining to a friend:

Me: Why can't they give us a wedding? After all we've been put through, they could at least give us a wedding.

Friend: Do you know how much it costs to film a wedding? The deco, the garments, the props etc?

Me: :criesariver:

Lol, I was quite, quite speechless when she explained it in that manner. I saw before hand that the author even had an epilogue - I really wasn't hoping for much, kids, the conversation between the 3rd brother and Yuan Shen when they are  old, that would have been too much, but a wedding, isn't that fan service?  :partyblob:

Actually there was no 'wedding' in the novel too (according to the fans that have read the novel) which is why maybe they didn't film it in the first place. However, if the drama gods are kind, maybe they can film a short one for the re-airing if this news is true. Fingers cross everyone~

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Yinye said:

Actually there was no 'wedding' in the novel too (according to the fans that have read the novel) which is why maybe they didn't film it in the first place. However, if the drama gods are kind, maybe they can film a short one for the re-airing if this news is true. Fingers cross everyone~

I'd have been thrilled with a wedding too for the drama ending. 

I feel like the emperor!! Hahaha!

Why was I not present when they tied the knot?!

They could've just continued with the dream/ imagination sequence if they were afraid of the cost.

• LOL 3

Ok, I just read from Koala that the director of the drama is thinking of re-editing the entirety of LLtG, including some 10 episodes worth of cuts. Planned release is the coming Lunar New Year.

I was screaming inside and outside my head when I read this.

YES YES!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

HiI sorry a bit late to this drama. But I’m really confused with Cheng family. In episode 4 I saw that the mom and dad left with two toddlers and one baby. Then niao niao oldest brother is mentioned in the next. But I’m not seeing anyone in the cast list or anywhere else. Did i miss something (only on episode 7) that was said about the oldest brother? It’s driving me insane.  I apologize if someone had already mentioned this. I tried go through 14 pages of forums to look for it but might have missed it. Any help is appreciated !!

• Like 1

The eldest brother is stationed with the army some place far away. He did not come home during the drama story, so his name was just briefly mentioned here and there. In fact, SS has other younger siblings in the novel, but they were left out in the drama as they did not play any significant parts in the story. Enjoy watching!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, omiki said:

The eldest brother is stationed with the army some place far away. He did not come home during the drama story, so his name was just briefly mentioned here and there. In fact, SS has other younger siblings in the novel, but they were left out in the drama as they did not play any significant parts in the story. Enjoy watching!

Yeah, I was wondering where the eldest brother was.

He was mentioned in the drama a few times but he never showed. 

So he was stationed far away and never ha da chance to make an appearance.

Anyway, the two other brothers who are present are enough to make the family lively.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My wife watched this quite some time ago, and back then I wasn't really that interested as I was watching other dramas with my favorite Chinese actresses. Saw her (Zhao Lusi) in Who Rules The World and immediately after that she became one of my favorites. She seem to have a strong chemistry with her male co-stars and her visuals are very good.

I'm currently up to episode 6, and her grandmother and 2nd aunt are really irritating, although her mother isn't really doing the right thing herself up to this point of the story. I was able to watch parts of a few episodes with my wife before and know I have to suffer watching the guy who will end up becoming Niao Niao's first fiance. Not really a fan of their chemistry or interaction, so I'll most like be skipping most of those scenes. In general I'm not a fan of 3rd wheels.

On a side note the actress playing her mother is quite beautiful.

• Like 2