[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

Ep 51 (Sad) I cried

1) 3rd Prince found out that Official Zuo (from the Ministry of Censorship), who always wants Huo Wu Shang dead is a Remnant of Emperor Li, whom Emperor Wen had defeated to ascend the Throne.  The remnant forces still harbour the dream of coming back to overthrow Emperor Wen. The Remnants forces are led by a Tian Shuo.  Who managed to escape.

(So you see.  Huo Wu Shang had not "Set Up" the wrong people).

2) Emperor Wen said:

- HWS is right to kill Ling Yi

- But he erred in abusing the Crown Prince's Tiger Seal to transfer troops.  Causing the CP to be impeached by the Court Ministers.

3) Emperor Wen asked Huo Wu Shang for his opinions of Crown Prince. HWS said he was only with the Crown Prince for a few months and the Crown Prince handed over to him the:

- Eastern Palace for all operations

- Whistle Blower

- Letter of the Command

- Staffs

- Tax Returns

With all these, Huo Wu Shang could easily Take Over To Rule the Country and Monopolise the Power.

Emperor Wen asked why he didn't do that:

HWS: Because he is loyal and never thought of replacing the Crown.  He is willing to shoulder the Blame of an ungrateful person for the sake of the Country's Stability.  HWS said that the Crown Prince cannot handle the responsibility.  Empress Xuan agree.

Empress Xuan asked HWS:

When you go to Ling Yi's place to kill him, have you decided to give up on CSS

HWS: Yes

Empress: You really mean it? No regret?

HWS: I'll not regret

Then Empress asked CSS to come in.

HWS immediately regretted.  CSS asked the Emperor to annul their Wedding.

Empress Xuan asked the Emperor to depose her. Because if the Crown Prince was stripped of his title, people will say he is Incompetent.  But if the Empress was deposed, then people will blame her instead.  Thus saving the CP from unnecessary embarrassment.

In the end:

Empress Xuan was deposed.

Crown Prince was demoted to be the Eastern Sea King

Ling Yi's 3 Brothers were executed.

Huo Wu Shang exiled to the North West Border for 5 years.

When leaving HWS was hoping CSS will come to send him. But she sent his 3rd brother Shang Gong to return the Seal of his Manor.

CSS left home to take care of Empress Xuan.  Her mother regretted her past attitude towards her.  Xiao Yuan Yi rushed to the Palace to stop her.  But too late.  The Palace Gate is closed.

Verdict:  We Must Value (Appreciate) The People Around Us.  Don't Wait Till It Is Too Late.

Ep 52:

1) HWS suffered a lot at the NW Border.  Others fought to live.  He fought to die. Yet he dared not die without getting CSS's forgiveness.

2) Luo Ji Tong was married to the NW Border.  She was elated to know that HWS is there. So she "Poisoned" her Husband - Jia Qi Liang who was only 20 years old - to death.  And then "chased" after HWS.

3) CSS isolated herself at Changqiu Palace.  She never went home once in the 5 years.

4) 5 Years Later, Empress Xuan had only a few more months to live. She asked the Emperor to call HWS back.

5) CSS and Yuan Shan Jian pretended to get engaged to make the Empress happy.

6) Emperor Wen is So "Cute".  On the day of HWS's return, he waited so impatiently for him. 

7) HWS's Love for CSS is very special - Unselfish Love. Even while at the NW Border he did a lot of things to protect CSS and her Family.

8) Emperor Wen thought CSS is getting engaged to Yuan Shan Jian. So he kept pestering HWS to marry. 3rd Prince said LJT is with HWS. But HWS immediately denied. He asked Fat Fei to send some Dowries to LJT's house and asked her Parents to find a Husband for her.

9) Luo Ji Tong came to visit the Empress.  And oh no. She is so Bad. She purposely boasted to CSS about her relationship with HWS.

10) Suddenly the Empress's personal assistant came in to tell LJT that HWS had sent 2 carts of Dowries to her house. And asked her father to find her a husband.

:lol:   Serves her right.

Ep 53:

HWS came to visit Empress Xuan.  She told him that CSS and YSJ were not engaged and that CSS still love him.

Is about LJT trying to kill CSS.  CSS is still very Gullible.  She went out with LJT. And while in the carriage, LJT tried to kill her with a Knife.  

Luckily HWS was informed by General Liang Qiu.  So he went after them.  HWS grabbed LJT's knife by the sharp edge.  His Palm was cut.

When the carriage fell off the Cliff (again?), HWS grabbed CSS and hung onto the top of the Cliff.  Luckily Fat Fei came in time to pull them to the top.

A rider came to inform them that Empress Xuan is dying.  They hurrried back to the Palace.

Empress Xuan advised CSS to reconcile with HWS.  

Empress Xuan died. CSS fainted in the Rain.  HWS took her home.  And was scolded by her parents for hurting her.

They told HWS that after he left for the NW Border, CSS was so heart-broken, she nearly died.  They even prepared A Coffin for her. 

HWS informed them about the hard time he had at the NW.  He wanted to die. But dared not die without getting her Forgiveness.

Ep 54:

1) CSS's mother tried to be good to her.

2) Granny also realised her mistake towards CSS in the past.

3) HWS is assisting the 3rd Prince (the new Crown Prince) in the Land Distribution Order Project.  They have to leave for the State of Yu. Actually CSS's father was supposed to go there.  But it is a dangerous place. A lot of Traitors waiting to harm the Crown Prince. So HWS asked to replace Cheng Shi. While Yan Shan Jian has to travel to many places to oversee the Land Distribution Order.  

4) Yuan Shan Jian gave up CSS because he knows HWS had helped his Family a lot in the 5 years. 5 years ago, General Wan was assasinated by remnants of Emperor Li.  Those were suicidal rebels. The Emperor sent YSJ's father. But it was HWS who went to his rescue. 2 years ago, to save a blood-brother, YSJ's father had jeorpadised General Weng.  And was sentenced to Death.  Again, it wasHuo Wu Shang who saved YSJ's father.  He nearly died in the process.

5) When CSS's brother Cheng Song was sent to kill traitors in the State of Shu, HWS helped him.  Otherwise he could not suceed.  And now he also helped Cheng Shi.

Yuan Shan Jian asked Huo Wu Shang:

I understand if you helped Cheng Song and Cheng Shi. Because they are CSS's family members.  But why help my father?  I am your Love-Rival.

HWS said: It is for CSS. CSS will not be at ease if the people she cares for are not doing well. He did the same when CSS was engaged to Luo Yao.  So he will take care of the people CSS loves. To put her at ease.

Wow.  This Is Such An Unselfish Love.

Ep 55:

1) So I was right.  Wang Yan Ji (Lou Ben's wife) is still Alive.  She is seeking Revenge from CSS, HWS and Yuan Shan Jian.

2) CSS was sending the late Empress Xuan's crown back to her hometown. They passed by Hua Country where Lou Yao was.

3) WYJ used Lou Li (Lou Yao's cousin from the first chamber) to trick CSS and Luo Yao's wife into the Secret Room and down into another chamber.

4) And later HWS also.  Wants to kill them altogether.  This situation allows HWS to say out his innermost thoughts.  

5) HWS and his Black Armoured Guards manage to save them.  CSS forgave HWS.  They were reconciled.

6) Later CSS and HWS had to split up.  HWS to save 3rd/ Crown Prince from Rebel Tian Shuo.  CSS stayed back to defend Guo Village. Now they truly became Equal Partners.

They talked about "The Galaxy".  CSS said: "Compared to The Galaxy, we are just a speck of Dust in the Universe.  Compared to the thousands of civilians of the World, our Love-Hate Relationship is Nothing.

(So now we understand the Meaning of the title of this Drama.  The World is their Priority)

Ep 56 (Finale):

1) While CSS was struggling to defend Gua Village, her Family suddenly appeared to assist her.  Her mother, father, brothers,.... everybody takes Orders from her.

2) Finally HWS and his Black Armoured Guards came.

3) HWS was so worried and busy looking for CSS.  They found each other and embraced in Front of everybody.

4) With that, COMEDY Time is back.

5) In the evening, CSS and HWS came out to look at the Stars.

CSS said:  Your character and personality are just like a New Born Child.  You are the Best Man in the World .  I'm lucky to be able to encounter you.

HWS said  You are the purest, kindest and most steadfast lady I've ever encountered.  You are the Best Lady in the World. I'm lucky to be able to encounter you.

The rest of CSS's Family Members came out to join them, one by one. Finally Huo Wu Shang gets a Big and Happy Family.  The Only Family He has.

They decided to get married in Hua County.  Grandma is still waiting to lay her hands on CSS's Dowry.

Emperor Wen is fretting.  How could they marry without me present.

It Is A Happy Ending ! :approves:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 9:21 PM, elsanna said:

@hush puppy do you know any site with English subtitles?

@elsanna Now all the streaming sites are complete with the English subs.  Yes. I watch with English Subs 

It has been an Exciting, Emotional and Wonderful Ride.  But on the whole, Satisfying. 

Leo Wu was a bit Tense at first.  But he eventually found his footings and deliver an almost Flawless Performance.  Zhao Lu Si is good too. So are all the Senior Casts.  I especially like the Grandma, even though she gets on our nerves at times.  Emperor Wen... and his 2 Women.  For once, we are spared the Cat-Fights among the Emperor's women. They were so civilised and supportive to each other.  Wan Qi Qi is such an endearing person. 

Lovely drama. Congratulations to the Scriptwriter and Director.  Most important, thanks for all your Company.

Can anyone recomend me another good drama ? :lol:

Edited by SC2019
please do not list non-official viewing sites.TQ!
  • Like 2

update: this show for me laughing and teary eyed and binging!

I am on ep 49’now and Leo’s acting was so good in ep 48 - Like facial muscle twitch out of anger - truly impressed. Ok in ep 49 - OTP both impressive - I cried lol!!!

I will probably finish it tomorrow 50 to end  

One thing I also love about this drama is the OTP’s relationship ‘journey’ - you can see how their dynamics started, changed and changed over the course of the show. From clueless> baby steps> attraction > are they or aren’t they re the feelings > feelings start > feelings grow > commitment > test of commitment> changing to have more maturity type relationship but still have issues to work out —— it’s so realistic.

• Like 4

On 8/19/2022 at 4:56 AM, hush puppy said:

@maddymappo  Like you, I was wondering if Lou Ben's wife, Wang Yan Ji is still alive.  And if she will wreak Revenge on CSS and Ling Bu Yi (Huo Wu Shang).  She was Glaring at them both towards the end.  As for Yuan Shan Jian, I don't know if he will help her. I am not so interested in her.

I cheated and watched all episodes on a different website:

Spoiler

Wang Yan Ji does survive and not quite the happity dappity way I imagined.  

• Like 1

I just finished ep 52 and man I can tell they has to cut a lot these past few episodes because of the ‘fade to black’ screens. thankfully, the editing still kept reason and logic and the drama still makes sense. Not like WRTW near the end - so messy.

3rd Prince deserves to be the CP because the previous one isn’t too smart - so glad Empress took herself and him out of the game for overall peace. 

Lady Luo JT - ugh!

Spoiler

She even killed her husband and expects to go after HWS and still trues to break OTP - so delusional. 

• Like 3

On 8/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, Yinye said:

I just finished ep 52 and man I can tell they has to cut a lot these past few episodes because of the ‘fade to black’ screens. thankfully, the editing still kept reason and logic and the drama still makes sense. Not like WRTW near the end - so messy.

3rd Prince deserves to be the CP because the previous one isn’t too smart - so glad Empress took herself and him out of the game for overall peace. 

Lady Luo JT - ugh!

Hide contents

She even killed her husband and expects to go after HWS and still trues to break OTP - so delusional. 

@Yinye  Hi. How are you?  Have you fully recover? 

Yes. It is obvious that they were rushing with the final few episodes. Still makes sense.  But a bit "Disconnected" in certain areas  :

-  Ep 55: Zhao Jun is Pregnant. She fell into the Secret Chamber, together with CSS.  But she did not suffer any Pain, Discomfort or Miscarriage.  Amazing!

- Ep 55: HWS, CSS, ZJ & YSJ were climbing up the rope-ladder to escape from the Secret Chamber. Wang Yan Ji pulled HWS's leg to prevent him from escaping. Being a powerful Military General, Huo Wu Shang could easily "Kicked" her off.  But he was pulled down, only to appear Miraculously Safe later. Incredible! :lol:

Luo Ji Tong:

Huo Wu Shang sent her 2 carts of Dowries + A Bronze Mirror :lol:.

In the olden days, even now, A Blessed Bronze Mirror is used to Reflect /Ward off  any Evil Spirits. That is why in some Chinese Homes, they place a Bronze Mirror on top of their Front Doors.

So by giving LJT a Bronze Mirror, Huo Wu Shang is telling her that "He Has Got Rid Of An Evil Woman".  Which is why LJT's face changed the moment she heard of the Bronze Mirror.  And CSS rubbed "Salt" into her injury by saying "Ah.  A Looking Glass" - meaning "For You To Self-Reflect". 

But she did not Self-Reflect.  Still want to kill CSS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

So I finally finished the show. Man I have not cried so much in a long time.

@Yinye I did notice how the screens would fade to black too. Also the eps started to feel rushed,

or just kinda weird in some parts. Other than that it was a great show.

This is one of the first shows I have seen that I actually like most of the characters. There are a few that I can not stand

like JYT, and the 3rd princess  and a few more, but honestly we weren't supposed to like them.

Now that I am finished with it, I think it's time to rewatch it all over again. :dead:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I finished it!!! Def my fav Cdrama this year and OTP cuties are so memorable that they enter my top OTP of Cdrama list (behind BQ and YH)! I loved the writing, cast, and direction. I will also hope that WL and ZLS can reunite on a future project because they were incredible together. 

It is just unfortunate re the chopping near the end due to the authorities or to fit the number of episodes. If it is going to be like this, I hope new productions can just make the story tighter, shorter, and therefore no need to chop near the end. 

I want the original, director’s cut one day because I know there were many great scenes cut. 

@hush puppy I’ve recovered - thank you! 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 5

I love this drama! I am head over heels for this drama!

I am rewatching it because I want to feel everything all over again.

I understand that some may not be so happy with the ending but I love it.

Some may compare it with the book but I still love it. 

I love my 081 and 33 couple! My YiShang couple!!

• Like 3

THANK YOU Love like the Galaxy for sharing your galaxy with me....I honestly enjoyed every episode and the story . You have been added to the list of my favourites :) 

@hush puppy your information was invaluable to me and thank you for sharing it with us ...even to the last ...I did not know the connotation of the bronze mirror :kiss_wink:

from the Galaxy I am off to Moon Supreme 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Yinye said:

I want the original, director’s cut one day because I know there were many great scenes cut. 

Me too, I really want a director's cut, I read somewhere that there is enough scenes to possibly make up about 10 eps. That hurts my heart, because I would love to see those.

I feel like I am having serious withdraws from the end of this show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Finished all 56 ep. without skipping any which is rare for me LoL.

Love the involvement of the Cheng family in these last ep. And WoW Yang2 has become a bad@$$ LoL. 

Sad to see empress go.. such a lovely lady.. aww poor Yuan ha-ha. His bromance with Bu Yi was cute though.

And that's a wrap folks. Good job to entire cast and especially to Leo, can't praise him enough really. He has such a bright future ahead. He is so young it's crazy. He seem to be pretty down-to-earth off-cam. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Finished all 56 ep. without skipping any which is rare for me LoL.

Love the involvement of the Cheng family in these last ep. And WoW Yang2 has become a bad@$$ LoL. 

Sad to see empress go.. such a lovely lady.. aww poor Yuan ha-ha. His bromance with Bu Yi was cute though.

And that's a wrap folks. Good job to entire cast and especially to Leo, can't praise him enough really. He has such a bright future ahead. He is so young it's crazy. He seem to be pretty down-to-earth off-cam. 

Yes!!! It's so weird for me to  not wind up  skipping something, even the smallest bit...but not with LLTG, I couldn't bring myself to because everything captured my attention. And just seeing how the family came together to help them both really showed how much they really were an amazing and protective family. They were loyal yes, but they were willing to put everything on the line to protect their own..

Leo and Lusi both were amazing and I hope to see them again soon. :heartxoxo:

• Like 1

Yes, Wu Lei and Zhao Lu Si have great rapport. 

They really have a great connection. 

Lei Lei can act with his eyes alone. OMGGGG!

ZLS cries like there's no tomorrow. I love 081 and 33 couple so much.

The story is also great.

I am off to read the novel.

Thanks so much everybody for watching LLTG with me. 

• Like 3