[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂

pad-hari

QoAZg_4f.jpg

XJ6bJ_3f.jpg

Details:

Drama: Love Like the Galaxy

Also Known As: Xing Han Can Lan, Xing Shen Zhi Zai , Seng Hon Chan Laan , 星汉灿烂,幸甚至哉 , 星漢燦爛

Episodes: Part 1 - 27 episodes  星汉灿烂 The Stars Are Brilliant
                     Part 2 - 29 episodes  月升沧海 Moon Ascending the Deep Sea

Genres: Historical, Romance, Life, Political

Content Rating: Not Yet Rated

Director: Fei Zhen Xiang

Screenwriter: Zou Yue

Original Network: Tencent Video, Dragon TV

Airs: Part 1 - July 5-27, 2022

Part 2 - July 27-Aug 30, 2022

Adapted from the novel "Xing Han Can Lan, Xing Shen Zhi Zai" (星汉灿烂,幸甚至哉) by Guan Xin Ze Luan (关心则乱).

Cast:

Wu Lei as Ling Buyi
Zhao Lu Si as Cheng Shaoshang

(see spoiler for the long list of cast)

Spoiler

Guo Tao as Cheng Shi
Zeng Li as Xiao Yuanyi

Li Yun Rui as Yuan Shen
Yu Cheng En as Lou Yao
Xu Jiao as Cheng Yang
Estelle Chen as He Zhaojun
Gao Han as Third Prince
Bao Jian Feng as Emperor
Cao Xi Wen as Consort Yue
Zhang Yue as Wan Qiqi
Wang Zi Wei as Fifth Princess
Zhang Tian Yang as Cheng Zhi
Peng Yang as Sang Shunhua
Sha Bao Liang as Ling Yi
Tong Lei as Empress Xuan
Xu Di as Old Madame Cheng
Wang Zhuo Cheng as Crown Prince Yuan
Shi Shi as Wang Yanji
Zhang Gong as Emperor Wen
Miao Ya Ning as Fu Deng
Jiang Yi Ming as Cheng Song
Tang Meng Jia as Lou Zhang
Zhao Zi Qi as Madame Chunyu
Xing Min Shan as Grand Preceptor Lou
Hu Jia Xin as Wang Ling
Zhang Tong as Huo Junhua
Ma Ya Shu as Wen Xiujun
Hu Xiao Ting as Madame Yuan
Yu Xiao Guang as Huo Chong
Zheng Qi as Huang Fuyi
Cui En Ci as Lord of Yuchang County
Wang Zi Rui as Lou Ben
Wang Zi Quan as Xiao Yuehou
Xiao Dai Qing as Master Zuo
Liao Xue Qiu as Madame Wan Lao
Zhong Wei Hua as Cao Cheng
Qu Gao Wei as Tian Shuo
Zheng Xiao Ning as King of Ruyang
Fang Xiao Li as Princess Ruyang
Chen Si Si as Ge Shi
Cui Peng as Cheng Cheng
Zhang Chen as Liang Qiuqi
Sun Kai as Liang Qiufei
Gu Ke Jia as Qing Li
Wang Ya Jia (王雅佳) as Lian Fang
Hai Bo as Ge Taigong
Luo Er Yang as Uncle Dong
Zhou Xiao Li as Aunt Dong

Synopsis:

The young Cheng Shao Shang was left behind because her parents had gone off to fight in the war. In order to protect herself from her scheming aunt and an indifferent grandmother (who favours males), she had to stand up for herself while pretending to be defenseless and innocent. Fifteen years later, the parents return home, however, after years of estrangement it is difficult for Shao Shang to warm up to her family.

Lacking love her whole life, Cheng Shao Shang is both pragmatic and insecure in choosing a partner for marriage. She encounters three men - the emperor's adopted son Ling Bu Yi, the talented Yuan Shen of Bailu Mountain, and the aristocrat Lou Yao who each have their pros and cons. Although the road to love is bumpy, she never regrets every choice she makes. Through her interactions with Ling Bu Yi, she unintentionally becomes involved in the mystery surrounding his family and his identity. The two grow from their experiences and worked together, upholding the righteousness in their hearts to resolve a national crisis.

cr: MDL | Dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OST
Coming soon......

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Poster of the ML and FL. (I must say ZLS looks different here, somehow)

For the site on weibo with pix and videos of this drama, click here.

You don't have to know how to read Chinese, you can scroll down to view the pix and videos.

https://weibo.com/p/10080808c216f8df0646207f3b571e4afc760e/super_index

credit: Tencent

LLG2.jpg

LLTG1.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I must say ZLS looks different here, somehow

I've got a feeling she lost weight... Overall, thanks for the link, I looked throught other characters' posters, and the styling and costumes are beautiful - relatively simple, but of high quality :wub:.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Starmi said:

Yes, Who Rules the World (ZLS n YY) was filmed first so likely to be aired first. So LLTG, need to wait at least six months?

Since from what we can see from the posters the drama quality, I suppose, should be not lower than The Court Lady  or The Long Ballad. The Long Ballad, for example, wrapped filming at the end of July 2020 and came out at 31 March, 2021 so it took them approx. 8 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama]Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂
  • 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 starring Zhao Lu Si & Leo Wu
58 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Trailer released today! I park this video temporarily here, as a teaser, it's also in the first post. Will remove later, so I don't duplicate the content uploaded.

Thanks a lot! That looks very tender and passionate if we talk about general vibe, I definitely love it :wub: I heard some rumors they will release it on July 5, but since there is no official announcement yet I keep my expectations low for now.:)

• Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...

rumours have it that this will air shortly after A Dream of Splendor ends... there might be some truth to it...here are two BTS just released today, looks like they are intensifying the promos.

@leo2020 I heard from somewhere else too about that airing date you mentioned. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Love like the Galaxy 星汉灿烂 premiering July 5, starring Zhao Lu Si & Leo Wu

Alright peeps, it's confirmed for a July 5 airing, which means tomorrow!!!

Spoiler

Based on the news circulating around, because of the supposed Japanese-looking costumes (making the headlines for another drama that's airing) which has riled up Chinese sentiments , posters and footage of this drama had to quickly go back to post-production to remove questionable elements of the costume. Netizens are questioning the authenticity of costumes in the other drama, AND apparently that issue has spilled over to this drama as well. If you notice in the poster below, Zhao Lu Si's costume has a ribbon like thingie behind her, which has never (apparently) appeared in any Chinese apparel. So, the poor post-production team have had to burn the midnight oil to wipe out all evidence. 

This is the poster for part 1, which has the unofficial English title "The Stars are Brilliant/ Splendid Stars"

Credit: Tencent

6YeBg_4f-part-1.jpg

And this is the chart showing all the connections of the characters, sorry I don't have the time to translate them. If any kind person can? As you can see, all roads lead back to Wu Lei's character.

2L5mW_3f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1