[Drama 2022] Rookies Cops ✯ 너와 나의 경찰학교

Maetawinz

8 hours ago, BeLeafer said:

I joined the forum so I can participate. I can't wait for this and looking forward to watching Park Yoona.

Me too, can't wait! Also, do you know (or some does) when it will be available tomorrow? Noon? Evening?

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Rookies Cops ✯ 너와 나의 경찰학교 - Kang Daniel & Chae SooBin ✯ Premiere : 26 January

Just finished the 1st episode. Overall I really love the atmosphere and tone of the drama [so far]. It says a lot that I'm already looking forward to ep 2. There were no dull moments. The first scene is dark but it's the complete opposite of the drama's general tone.

Not a lot of Hanna (Park Yoona) scenes, but it's understandable since first few episodes tend to focus on the leads. I feel like many might not like her character, which is a bit standoffish/snobby. I'm excited to see how her classmates would peel those layers off.

As for the leads... as expected Chae Soo Bin is great. I love her as an actress. Her character is the typical "candy girl" trope - bubbly, perky but she got guts. Kang Daniel, on the other hand, held his ground and I like his straitlaced character. Acting-wise, for a first time actor, I thought he did great. His eyes were quite expressive.

So my rating for this first episode, I'd say 8/10. 

• Like 1

Watched the first 2 episodes, and truly enjoyed. Actually, I was quite surprised by the change in the beginning of ep1 (it starts heavy and then it becomes light and bubbly). And as expected, I'm loving the main leads, they have great personalities and good chemistry. Kang Daniel is nailing with his debut role, he might be a guy of justice but he is not stoic or moody (as we've seen with his friend's girlfriend and the ramyeon cups). I'm a fan of Chae Soo Bin, and I love her here as well.

I'm just not a fan of the wrongly accusation troupe, and thought that was a bit unnecessary. What is the purpose of doing that towards the female lead? I see no point in doing so. I hate when writers do so many harsh things to the female leads as if they're the unluckiest people on earth.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

35 minutes ago, Maui808 said:

I guess this only airs on Disney+ in Korea?

It's available in D+ Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, France (not sure if already airing there). I think it will also be available in Australia.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BeLeafer said:

It's available in D+ Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, France (not sure if already airing there). I think it will also be available in Australia.

Thanks for the info. So only for Asia country's.

19 hours ago, Maui808 said:

Thanks for the info. So only for Asia country's.

So far. hopefully though they would eventually release it globally.

--

The latest trailer is giving me a different tone for this drama - a bit more angsty and dark. 

• Shocked 1

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• Like 1

With ep 3 & 4, we got more insight to Park Yoona's Hanna. Yoona was also able to show a bit of her acting abilities. She was quite stiff in the first two eps, but it's probably how it was written - not necessarily a weak in acting.

Ep 3 was a little frustrating for me, because I feel slight frustration towards EK. There weren't enough focus on WSH, but it might be due to the focus right now is on EK. Hopefully, we get more insight to WSH's story.

I think so far writing and directing have been good. The side characters contribute a lot to the show's dynamics, especially WSH's roommates. Shin Ari is also a fun character to watch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Rookies Cops ✯ 너와 나의 경찰학교 - Kang Daniel & Chae SooBin ✯ Every Wednesday on Disney+
5 hours ago, BeLeafer said:

With ep 3 & 4, we got more insight to Park Yoona's Hanna. Yoona was also able to show a bit of her acting abilities. She was quite stiff in the first two eps, but it's probably how it was written - not necessarily a weak in acting.

Ep 3 was a little frustrating for me, because I feel slight frustration towards EK. There weren't enough focus on WSH, but it might be due to the focus right now is on EK. Hopefully, we get more insight to WSH's story.

I think so far writing and directing have been good. The side characters contribute a lot to the show's dynamics, especially WSH's roommates. Shin Ari is also a fun character to watch.

Yes, I so agree with you @BeLeafer.

• Love 2