[Drama 2022] Forecasting Love and Weather ✸ 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Maetawinz

Just saw ep15... 

1. Its blue coloured theme this around... well, just the 3 of them :D

2. Seriously, Hakyung sister looks scary when she got angry with the boyfriend... any sane man would probably leave .. boyfriend should have told her what was missing from the book*./ the hook... since her book didnt even sell...

3. The ending preview... definately a happy ending..

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

the writer loves those cheaters so damn much, they're making every couple other than them miserable
the way this drama portraying the cheating couple doesn't sit right with me
I guess the writers want to tell us we're all human and we can make mistakes but then try to make up for it somehow, but that's a shame

these last 3 episodes have been hard on the leads

ok just see, it's happy ending

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

For me... seeing how life is hard for young couple in seoul, is just the start... kijun and wife may have a baby now but existing problems will not be solved so easily.. We just see up to 16 episodes, in reality, viewers knows its not so rosy when they have financial concerns from the beginning.

I do wonder what are they spending on???:D

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Forecasting Love and Weather ✸ 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편

Tae Kyung was pretty brazen to jump Mr. Shin's bones while mom's away but well.. then 'gain she never really uses her head to .. think does she LoL.

Shi Woo's dad oy don't tell me there'd be a future loveline for him with Ha Kyung's mom 'cause that's yikes LoL.

Turned out Mrs. Uhm just wanted to be acknowledged for goodness sakes!:unamused: then oh I don't know - talk about it damn it! Geez.:unamused: 

Finally Soo Jin becomes a grown up and pull her weight as part of the weather team. I still think there's a lack of chemistry between Park Min Young / Song Kang . Their lack of scenes sort of amplified that even more unfortunately. This was slightly better than "Now We're Breaking Up". Not all May-December pairings work the way as "Something in the Rain" I guess.. 

Bye-bye y'all it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Saw the ending...

1. HaKyung's  Mom and siwoo's Pop can date together, why not? If he is really reform... he hasnt got much time together anyway... while the mom has too much time interfering with her daughters lives..

2. Hakyung's sister and boyfriend.. sigh... its just not a good match with the messy sister... sure 1st love is the best but after some time... hmm...

3. The drama endings shows the elderly meeting, so that means a marriage will be discussed... SongKang is huge/tall:lol: while PMY is as pretty as usual...

4. The fact that they were from Namoo actors agency before PMY left... Pmy always paired with people from her agency?...  hmm

5. Some mentioned the adulterous pair happy ending wasnt justified... infact they were probably the main leads in the drama, haha... well.. we saw kijun a chnaged man... he had the greatest development... its great if is an ex who can be a good friend (hakyung) to share things with ... the irony but has happened before ...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Tae Kyung was pretty brazen to jump Mr. Shin's bones while mom's away but well.. then 'gain she never really uses her head to .. think does she LoL.

Shi Woo's dad oy don't tell me there'd be a future loveline for him with Ha Kyung's mom 'cause that's yikes LoL.

Turned out Mrs. Uhm just wanted to be acknowledged for goodness sakes!:unamused: then oh I don't know - talk about it damn it! Geez.:unamused: 

Finally Soo Jin becomes a grown up and pull her weight as part of the weather team. I still think there's a lack of chemistry between Park Min Young / Song Kang . Their lack of scenes sort of amplified that even more unfortunately. This was slightly better than "Now We're Breaking Up". Not all May-December pairings work the way as "Something in the Rain" I guess.. 

Bye-bye y'all it was fun while it lasted.

I agree with the lack of chemistry between Park Min Young and Song Kang. Park Min Young is one of my favorite actress but I haven't watched an episode since the 6th because I don't find Song Kang a perfect fit for her. I understand his character is supposed to be younger but it is still a turn off for me. 

Don't get me wrong, I will still finish the drama in the future, but will likely skip scenes between the two.

• Blob 1

I wasnt done just now..:D

6. Yeah, HaKyung mom was bad... is marriage the only thing she can think of for her daughters?

7. What did Kijun took loan for? The house?

8. PmY and SongKang's chemistry... after they got together, its just problems after problems and we dont really get to see how they spent their time as a couple... hence the lack of chemistry between those two leads...  if they did, we would so more of their chemistry and say, hey they are good together (as per the recently concluded chinese drama Oath of Love)... 

9. I didnt understand how SiWoo being broke but had such nice coats during the winter scene... hehe.. just saying...

10. Its over and cant wait for PMY's new drama:lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Bojun

Good thing ya did LoL. I notice this is a trend in many K-Dramas. They have a solid start, dull midway and a lackluster finish. They're pretty consistent at least LoL. They both still lack chemistry imo , Song Kang seemed real stiff in his scenes with her in comparison to when he's in "Nevertheless".

@realistic2280a

IF the parents got together what of the kids!? Sweet Home Alabama LoL?! Sorry not my kind of "romance". Er--don't think I recall Min Young being in a drama with Lee Jun Ki or has she ...?? I have a feeling Min Young picked this drama due to Song Kang's success with Netflix LoL, so she was probably trying to reach out to a wider audience perhaps. Their interviews together are so awkward LoL. He's much more at ease with So Hee.

It looks like Ki Joon/Yoo Jin got the better end of the deal eh LoL. Still struggling financially but hey who cares when ya have e.o. , with a baby otw & oh yeah the power of love.:rolleyes: Haven't ya watched enough dramas to know ya need to suspend disbelief? Shi Woo has the Samsung Galaxy flip phone which costs $ 7K in my country.:tounge_xd: 

Ha Kyung's mom is a common caricature among most asian mothers that feel their daughters will be cared for if they marry. Idk what logic that is but she probably wanted them to have families and be happy who knows whatever LoL.

And Ki Joon after being in a decade long relationship (with Ha Kyung) then with marriage to Yoo Jin and yet, the man is STILL broke LoL. He's far worse than Shi Woo. The latter 'cause of his dad, whereas Ki Joon.. what's his excuse? So yup drama logic.:joy: 

Park Min Young still come across as self conscious of her looks to me. She's better than Song Hye Kyo but they both are too "aware" of their appearance. Son Ye Jin is gorgeous too and so is Jun Ji Hyun and many more accomplished k-actresses that're over 30 but are able to deliver and not be preoccupied as these 2 with their looks. 

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@realistic2280a

IF the parents got together what of the kids!? Sweet Home Alabama LoL?! Sorry not my kind of "romance".

- nothing wrong in imagination? :lol: im sure there are dramas before this which shows the leads widowed parents got together though i cant recall now.... most probably are only thinking of revenge... just flip the coin aside for one moment.. think positive :D

Er--don't think I recall Min Young being in a drama with Lee Jun Ki or has she ...??

- They did that relationship thingy - identity hidden, meeting up in Europe...  i just remember LJK calling her bunny bunny as her nick... try google it

I have a feeling Min Young picked this drama due to Song Kang's success with Netflix LoL, so she was probably trying to reach out to a wider audience perhaps. Their interviews together are so awkward LoL. He's much more at ease with So Hee.

- im sure...age wise.. so hee would be more comfortable to him... and  So Hee is paired to Park Seo Jun next.... concidence? I think not... i didnt like both of her dramas, so im keeping my fingers  crossed with the one with PSJ..

It looks like Ki Joon/Yoo Jin got the better end of the deal eh LoL. Still struggling financially but hey who cares when ya have e.o. , with a baby otw & oh yeah the power of love.:rolleyes: Haven't ya watched enough dramas to know ya need to suspend disbelief? Shi Woo has the Samsung Galaxy flip phone which costs $ 7K in my country.:tounge_xd: 

Never like flip phones... so dont think will be getting one... new phones with cameras - the numbers of ^holes^ on it, makes a phone looks like a spider reincarnation.. haha

Park Min Young still come across as self conscious of her looks to me. She's better than Song Hye Kyo but they both are too "aware" of their appearance. Son Ye Jin is gorgeous too and so is Jun Ji Hyun and many more accomplished k-actresses that're over 30 but are able to deliver and not be preoccupied as these 2 with their looks. 

Its a tough world in entertainment industry... gotta give attention to the face...after all the plastic surgery comments... does it matter? She looks good now and thats it.. B):wub:

SHK.. i never did understand why she has such a strong image in korea... :mellow: but yeah.. thats her country , their people know her better than us..:D

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Everything got wrapped up in a beautiful bow at the end. Fine with me. Love happy endings. :gangnamstyle: 

Enjoyed it. The weather and romance theme felt really interesting. Liked the way the writer wove those threads together. Would have liked more lovey dovey but the characters were sweet. 

Looking forward to PMY's next drama.  Take care out there, everybody.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I finally finished the drama. Thanks to @agenth for the support. :kiss_wink: Found myself FFing the last 2 episodes despite that.

Like many of you, I felt like the drama fell apart after ep 10. The conflict was dragged out for too long, and the great communication the leads had exhibited since the start fell apart. The development didn't feel at all organic as the writer had portrayed both characters in a very different light since the start.

Agree that Song Kang and PMY lacked chemistry, and it was accentuated by the fact that there were too few lovey dovey scenes especially in the last half of the drama.

Read some comments that SK is not stellar in romance dramas (apparently he's a lot better in action dramas), so am not sure if that's one of the reasons why the acting between the leads was so stiff?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

In any case, everyone got their happy endings one way or the other. And yes, it looks like marriage was on the table for the leads in the end.

Even though I was super disappointed with the writing in the second half of the drama, at least I learnt a lot about meteorology! :glasses:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

The finale is very boring to me, especially Mr Shin and the sister loveline. I have a healthy dislike of the ditzy woman, who ends up with this guy who does everything for her, managing her personal life to her work life now. Does she even like him? She never contacted him, after she ended the relationship. He just had the idea to publish her stuff so she was like "Ok great, here I have this guy who will do everything for me, from doing MY research to cleaning my flat to managing my work life, all i have to do is ~ draw".

In any case, perhaps I am too severe a critic as I skipped 2 episodes in between hahaha, which is why suddenly Father becomes reasonable/responsible/less of a ... [insert whichever word]; HK's mother suddenly decides she does not need to know her daughter's relationship problems (one would think she is still marriage obsessed, no?) etc. 

Anyway ~ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Here’s my thing about this show. Recently writers been doing this in a lot of kdramas like now we are breaking up too and having the leads sleep together at the beginning of the drama. I have no problem with normalizing freedom of sexual expression, but I personally feel no chemistry between the leads when they rush to do that because one of my favorite things about kdrama romances is the build up. I want to see the scene after sexual tension has been teased for long enough. But alas that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

• 2 weeks later...