[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

gemma walking in with red shoes was more funny than climatic. she has done zero to gain her position and show her leadership. basically, she has used men and different relationships to get there. they feel sorry for her and do all the work and then she waltzes in. this is hands down the dumbest revenge entrance and it made me chuckle rather than cheer for gemma. 

as for her fake feeling bad for hye bin -- seriously? am cheering for gemma to fall on her face. #stupidfemalelead

Kinda like her mom eh? But yeah agree that she has only shown flashes of her capabilities!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, Newbie21SG said:

Kinda like her mom eh? But yeah agree that she has only shown flashes of her capabilities!

100% like her mom. it would be fine if she was like hee kyung who owns it in some ways. but gemma crying and being this innocent damsel in distress where all the men have to rush and help her bleeding heart  -- eye roll.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bh3xhez62u2ucin6mbep

she seriously is the most stupidest lead and she really hasn't done any big leadership moves that tells you that she is capable of running anything. tells you something that hee kyung seems to be a very complex character (even if unlikeable) and the actress really pulls the stops to give dimensions and dynamic to her performance. 

gemma in comparison -- dead fish. like hye bin, am wondering how she managed to pull off the femme fatale on 3 men and none of them are mad they are being used. how is that even possible?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

13 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

Yeah, no preview released, haven't been able to find one too....

Hye Bin is becoming more loony now....won't be surprised if she's the one that will be pulling the trigger!

I don't get it too.....if she was "raped", why would she marry KJG, not that he's rich or what. She could just ran away then. And having 2 children some more....*faint*

Greetings,

The mind is capable of all kinds coping mechanisms.  Min just saw Kwon marry another woman.  She wakes up in an unfamiliar place with a stranger nursing her. She's going thru the 7 stages of grief.  She denies Kwon married for love or that he just used her.  She denies Kim may have been a decent guy who took her in so when she finds out she's pregnant it must be because Kim raped her and Gemma is the result.   Boy, talk about a night not to remember, almost feel sorry for Kwon.  She becomes angry with Kim and holds it in while accepting the fact Kwon moved on and Kim was another man she could wrap around her finger.   Until Kwon comes back because he needs her designs and takes up with him again.  Kim, dealing with his own abandonment issues and probably aware Gemma was not his, is jealous.   What man wouldn't be.  He had no business raising his hand to her but, hey, in this drama everyone is slapping,  pushing and throwing stuff at each other.   At least Kim had good reason for his jealousy.   These people are all motivated by greed for money, fame or revenge. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Chickpea said:

Unless she was already pregnant with HB when she left Kim.  HB is nothing like her parents,  Gemma is very much like them.  But Gemma has good morals that I believe she learned from Dad.  Which is why I think the rape accusation is only in her mind.  She wakes up pregnant and for some reason thinks Kim raped her while she was unconscious rather than remember her coupling with Kwon...

Women don't usually marry their rapists and have children with them.  Men who rape women don't generally then marry, build businesses and make families with them.

HB tried to kill Gemma twice. She pulled all kind of stunts, including framing her at work. 

Now she's crazy, they made her likeable. It was good that the writer remembers to make her true self when she snapped out of madness. No she is one vicious piece of work.

I am quite sure Kim raped HK. It does not have to end with a pregnancy. A rape is a horrendous act of violence. She was down after breaking up with Mr Kwon, nothing to her name. Probably grabbed at anything. She seemed like a loving mother earlier, who would not abandoned her children.

@Lmangla had described the scene which implied she was about to be raped.

Gemma and brother had been unfortunate to have parents like those people.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

she really hasn't done any big leadership moves that tells you that she is capable of running anything. tells you something that hee kyung seems to be a very complex character (even if unlikeable) and the actress really pulls the stops to give dimensions and dynamic to her performance. 

gemma in comparison -- dead fish.

Gemma was never given any chance to become a lead since HK, HB and Kwon himself tried to kill her but yes her crying was most annoying. The brothers did not have to rush to her every time she sobbed and they let her get away with using them, it takes two to dance the waltz. JK and Gemma are not seriously wanting to marry, but both are using each other or are in cahoots to carry out their revenge.

Gemma did become an effective leader in the mattress business even though Hye Bin who did nothing, took the credit and the title, until Gemma pulled that heartless move on HS who could have reported her to the  police but did not. Blame and hate Gemma but other characters especially the brothers supported her behavior. Hye Kyung the complex character ehhh.... did she not use men to get to what she wanted including Baldy the politician? Does she not also use tears to sway her husband to get what she wants? The only time that did not work was when grandma stepped in and Kwon knows that the big money people will withdraw their money from his company in support of grandma. Did HK not bribe, steal other's designs, threaten and cheat as CEO of Lora? That is a good business leader?  Even Chairman appreciated Gemma's business acumen when she was working in his department.  

What Gemma did not do for the last 80 something episodes was to carryout her revenge the easy way by going to the press because she has this annoying attachment to her abandonment issue which was never resolved since the abandoning mother denied her the resolution. It was only when JH asked her to join him in his revenge plan and told her bluntly that if she is wishy-washy he does not want to work with her. JH also knows that she and KS were once engaged. JS is not enthralled with "femme fatale", my foot, Gemma.

It seems to me that by making Gemma the co CEO, that the drama will give her a semi-good ending, married to her business, successful but alone

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, maribella said:

HB tried to kill Gemma twice. She pulled all kind of stunts, including framing her at work. 

Now she's crazy, they made her likeable. It was good that the writer remembers to make her true self when she snapped out of madness. No she is one vicious piece of work.

THANK YOU! Finally someone agrees with me! The writer was really clear almost as if they were talking directly to the characters who felt bad for her or even some of us who thought HB was innocent or someone to feel bad for but she didn’t suffer she led a life of happiness and care and luxury and had everything handed to her in a golden plate and she treated everyone horribly especially Gemma even before the whole shenanigans. She looked down on her, stole her ring, and tried to freaking murder her out of jealousy that wasn’t even caused by a real reason in the first place. That scene was definitely a moment of “oh don’t you dare forget what she did”!

I think Gemma is definitely CEO-worthy I disagree that she hasn’t shown much because she showed plenty of times that she was business-capable and cold and calculating. She is extremely resourceful and cut-throat so in that respect, she is very much like her biological parents. Doesn’t mean I support what she did but we can’t deny this. 

I do agree however that everyone is going to lose save for JH the true ML and winner as well as maybe Auntie and TG. Also, I like how even the most minor characters were still in the last part of the drama compared to HS and OK lol. I really like JH’s character and only wished he was here earlier and not for the last quarter of the drama. Honestly the most level headed character in the drama who knew exactly what he was doing, had a clear plan, and best of all, actually executes it unlike some other people in the show. Man they really did KS dirty I mean I guess even from the first few episodes, I could tell he was going to be a one-dimensional character but not only is he static, he’s a complete pushover at that! Has got to be by far the worst ML in a drama to ever exist even compared to Miss M at least the ML did something but KS is just pathetic. 

Ok I think that Gemma is probably not gonna die at the end but it sure isn’t going to be a happy ending. Do you guys consider Miss M to be a bad ending? I mean she was about to be jailed right? And she never ended up with anyone either.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

51 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

THANK YOU! Finally someone agrees with me! The writer was really clear almost as if they were talking directly to the characters who felt bad for her or even some of us who thought HB was innocent or someone to feel bad for but she didn’t suffer she led a life of happiness and care and luxury and had everything handed to her in a golden plate and she treated everyone horribly especially Gemma even before the whole shenanigans. She looked down on her, stole her ring, and tried to freaking murder her out of jealousy that wasn’t even caused by a real reason in the first place. That scene was definitely a moment of “oh don’t you dare forget what she did”!

I think Gemma is definitely CEO-worthy I disagree that she hasn’t shown much because she showed plenty of times that she was business-capable and cold and calculating. She is extremely resourceful and cut-throat so in that respect, she is very much like her biological parents. Doesn’t mean I support what she did but we can’t deny this. 

I do agree however that everyone is going to lose save for JH the true ML and winner as well as maybe Auntie and TG. Also, I like how even the most minor characters were still in the last part of the drama compared to HS and OK lol. I really like JH’s character and only wished he was here earlier and not for the last quarter of the drama. Honestly the most level headed character in the drama who knew exactly what he was doing, had a clear plan, and best of all, actually executes it unlike some other people in the show. Man they really did KS dirty I mean I guess even from the first few episodes, I could tell he was going to be a one-dimensional character but not only is he static, he’s a complete pushover at that! Has got to be by far the worst ML in a drama to ever exist even compared to Miss M at least the ML did something but KS is just pathetic. 

Ok I think that Gemma is probably not gonna die at the end but it sure isn’t going to be a happy ending. Do you guys consider Miss M to be a bad ending? I mean she was about to be jailed right? And she never ended up with anyone either.

Fully agree, JH is the true ML in the last few weeks since he appeared and what a change he brought in!

KS was a complete “grandma” boy, being tossed around left and right with no mind of his own, except for his blind love towards Gemma.

I like HS as a character before he got duped by Gemma and reversed 180 degree to be another character….damn…..

Many will also agree that the only bright spot right now is the emergence of JH and the plot involving Tae Gil and auntie.

Its certainly pointing towards Gemma either losing either one of these: love or family. She will be a miserable character at the end!

• Like 5

1.  The Secretary is one tough lady than Gemma, she was not intimidated by MHK during the confrontation.  All secrets were revealed bec of her.  Even with her thin frame she was able the carry the whole load of gold bars of MHK with such easiness.  She's the real hero here.

2.  How stupid of MHK to hide the document at the back of the painting instead putting it inside the vault.

3.  The Chairman will try to get rid of Gemma and that's the time MHK will tell him the truth.

4.  No idea on what JH's plan now that he know that Gemma's real father is the Chairman.  Will he let her out of the company?

5.  Will the granny/MHK die rescuing Gemma from Chairman's plan?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, Good Karma said:

.  The Secretary is one tough lady than Gemma, she was not intimidated by MHK during the confrontation.  All secrets were revealed bec of her.  Even with her thin frame she was able the carry the whole load of gold bars of MHK with such easiness.  She's the real hero here.

Yep, she and Ju Hyung are a power pair!! Glad they appeared before it was too late

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lila21 said:

what scene???

He rescued her and then she woke up and started clutching her dress or his PJs that she was wearing. He was staring her something and swallowing hard. I thought he was just going to grab her but all inferences after that. It would have been very visual in western shows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lila21 said:

What Gemma did not do for the last 80 something episodes was to carryout her revenge the easy way by going to the press because she has this annoying attachment to her abandonment issue which was never resolved since the abandoning mother denied her the resolution.

hee kyung is awful at business which is why the company was failing. so will agree with you on that. as far as I am concerned, gemma did squat in showing her leadership capabilities. ju hyung on the other hand has. he has planned his moves, does not lose his cool too much and thinks on his feet. even his spy secretary has shown great leadership, gumption, daring and calculation.

gemma? all she does is cry for 80 odd episodes and most of her 'revenge' was just screaming, crying and then feeling frustrated. has she actually achieved anything? instead, it was basically the other parties pretty much winning. if she cannot plan a good revenge, then how will she run the company? the success she got was given to her pretty much on a platter by others who put in the work. anyway, this isn't a classic revenge drama at all and more of a melo about a dysfunctional family. 

5 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

it was a good ending with miss montecristo. she crossed the line with the death of stylist dad and she knew it. if she was rewarded with a relationship and no consequences at the end, then it would seem like it is okay for people to do whatever and there is no reason for law and order. so I liked the ending and it made me feel okay about sitting for so many episodes where I was bored out of my head. I am hoping for a similar ending with this drama. for a good 90% of this drama, it was "I have no idea why I am watching this" -- so I hope the ending will be good in the sense that all chickens come to roast. basically, the writer seems to say all of these characters are stupid. so ultimately, they will all reap the consequences of their choices and actions. gemma should be included in that list. 

2 hours ago, maribella said:

He rescued her and then she woke up and started clutching her dress or his PJs that she was wearing. He was staring her something and swallowing hard. I thought he was just going to grab her but all inferences after that. It would have been very visual in western shows.

yea, that scene implied. there have also been several monologues from the beginning where hee kyung alluded to it. she kept saying that she never loved gemma and despised her at birth and that getting pregnant ruined her life. I remember that this was in the first monologue and I was very puzzled by that and I even asked the thread about their impressions. so this has been repeated in loop in subsequent monologues as well. then we had that scene where it was infered that shoe dad basically molested/raped/harassed her. it was not spelled out what happened. then we had the confirmation in the confrontation between loan grandma and hee kyung what happened. hee kyung seems to have some sort of trauma in admitting what really happened and hence refuses to tell the truth. for a while, I have felt that the true lead of this drama is actually hee kyung and not gemma; only hee kyung is more of a villain. will admit that I have been FF most of gemma scenes because I got really bored. so who knows if the writer gave her any depth but she certainly did so for hee kyung. 

this seems to be the timeline of hee kyung's evolution: (implied by the writer but not outright spelled out)

1. hee kyung is an orphan (or has no family support) and was working in a shoe factory floor. chairman meets her and they fall in love quite passionately. shortly before they are to be married, mom-in-law tempts/orders chairman to marry the daughter of the rich man (presumably who owns the shoe factory). 

2. hee kyung finds herself on the streets -- no job, no man by her side or friends to help and almost starving. she is looking to jump off the bridge when she faints. shoe dad finds her and takes her home. he gives her food and then forces himself on her. finding herself pregnant, she basically lives with her abuser. it sounds strange but then if we look at statistics, many victims of domestic violence continue to live with their abusive partners as they don't see any alternative. this is essentially that kind of situation. 

3. she gives birth to gemma and part of her hates gemma as it reminds her of the rape and bad marriage. then jin oh is born a couple of years later. through the years, shoe dad is barely making ends meet and then getting frustrated with hee kyung. after a few years, she scrapes by selling her designs to chairman. this only further infuriates shoe dad. 

4. shoe dad gets drunk and then throws her out. there is the hit and run and she decides to cling to chairman to better her life. the children are abandoned. it looks like abandoning gemma was an easier decision than jin oh. she had far more emotion to learning about his death than about finding gemma. so far, she has reacted rather viscerally negative to gemma and she can't pretend. she despises gemma 

5. while her life to chairman continues, part of her hates him as she blames him for abandoning her right before the wedding. her ending up with shoe dad and having this bad life is chairmans' fault in her view. hence she keeps blaming him whenever he blames her for gemma. in her mind, he is the starting point of all this mess. because he abandoned her, she never outright accepts him and part of her despises him for his betrayal. so she becomes cold and hardened and more about using chairman to get her dreams. her atttitude seems to be "use me, I will use you". so the love of her life becomes lora -- it isn't just ambition or dream but something she identifies strongly with. 

6. her bigger dream was to be a politician. she saw herself as someone who can truly contribute because she knew what it is like to be poor unlike politicians who came from money. so she sleeps/seduces? assemblyman power maker to get that. so once that dream gets squashed, she goes back to lora which she clung as people just disappointed her. 

there are several questions that hee kyung said in her monologues which would have been really interesting if the writer had spend time exploring that instead of having crying gemma and idiot ki seok in so many scenes. 

Q1. is a woman only a wife and mother? especially with hee kyung's generation where women had not too many choices, this question is far more acute. 

Q2. if a woman is more interested in ambition and career, does that make her a failure? there are lots of men who choose their career over family but they don't get roasted by the public for it, though their children might be distant or hate them. so why is a woman expected to be more?

Q3. if a woman is less maternal, then what are her options? 

basically hee kyung chose herself over all relationships and is mostly unapologetic about it. in her perspective, she was dying emotionally, abused and just tormented when she chose people and therefore her dreams is far more important. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

16 hours ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings,

The mind is capable of all kinds coping mechanisms.  Min just saw Kwon marry another woman.  She wakes up in an unfamiliar place with a stranger nursing her. She's going thru the 7 stages of grief.  She denies Kwon married for love or that he just used her.  She denies Kim may have been a decent guy who took her in so when she finds out she's pregnant it must be because Kim raped her and Gemma is the result.   Boy, talk about a night not to remember, almost feel sorry for Kwon.  She becomes angry with Kim and holds it in while accepting the fact Kwon moved on and Kim was another man she could wrap around her finger.   Until Kwon comes back because he needs her designs and takes up with him again.  Kim, dealing with his own abandonment issues and probably aware Gemma was not his, is jealous.   What man wouldn't be.  He had no business raising his hand to her but, hey, in this drama everyone is slapping,  pushing and throwing stuff at each other.   At least Kim had good reason for his jealousy.   These people are all motivated by greed for money, fame or revenge. 

Well said , that is why I started feeling sorry for HK. 

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

, I have felt that the true lead of this drama is actually hee kyung and not gemma; only hee kyung is more of a villain. will admit that I have been FF most of gemma scenes because I got really bored. so who knows if the writer gave her any depth but she certainly did so for hee kyung. 

Hee Kyun is the Main Lead. This is the second daily drama where she is the main lead and her role is controversial.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

i think so.... lol, though no night scenes at the house yet so no confirmation.

Actually, one of my thoughts after gemma's inaguration was will they move houses? as being ceo of lora should be lucrative and it would be a bit weird for ceo to not have a car/driver and to live in that small house. though i guess it would be too late in the drama to move houses and/or GM's ceo position may not last long given JH's knowledge of GM paternity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1