[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

I don't know why I'm still watching this. At this point - It's like a bad relationship where you only stay because you think about all the years you've spent committing to this. I don't get shocked nor surprised at anything Gemma vs the goons pull. Luckily there's barely like 15 episodes left and it feels like forever.

I'm here trying to put Gemma on a daily's FL scale from Man in Veil's (lawful bad - birds for brains, lazy student- last minute cheats off your homework: Yoojung) or Monte Cristo's (chaotic neutral? -sidetracked, emotional mess Eunjoo). 

So.. I'm settling on chaotic evil - crybaby, brought the wrong map, Gemma.

If only my memory wasn't so tainted, I could go on a deeper scale on daily FLs I've watched but weren't as memorable.

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Hello chingus! The new poll is up!:gangnamstyle:There is no respite from our too stupid to live Female leads in K-dramas.

It's okay to be stupid, just not too stupid. - GIF on Imgur

Thank you @Lmangla , @tofumochu , @maribella and @Good Karma for suggesting the poll questions and options. :dorakiss:

Tagging chingus, please vote!

@lila21 @backstreetboysfan @vienvien @rolisrntex @chococarmela @monalisa @crystaltears @perfectmouse @tiuserviu viu @shahila1978 @Ayame @LeftCoastOppa

Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team :

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Newbie here and I enjoyed reading all the posts and replies in this thread :)

I am staying in this drama as I invested too much time already haha....left 15 more episodes.

It's craziness after craziness with each new episode and I go like :waitwhat:

I think this serial will end badly....let's see.....literally no one worth supporting now, except maybe for the Auntie and Uncle.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

22 hours ago, tofumochu said:

I don't know why I'm still watching this. At this point - It's like a bad relationship where you only stay because you think about all the years you've spent committing to this. I don't get shocked nor surprised at anything Gemma vs the goons pull. Luckily there's barely like 15 episodes left and it feels like forever.

I'm here trying to put Gemma on a daily's FL scale from Man in Veil's (lawful bad - birds for brains, lazy student- last minute cheats off your homework: Yoojung) or Monte Cristo's (chaotic neutral? -sidetracked, emotional mess Eunjoo). 

So.. I'm settling on chaotic evil - crybaby, brought the wrong map, Gemma.

If only my memory wasn't so tainted, I could go on a deeper scale on daily FLs I've watched but weren't as memorable.

I’d agree with your alignment ratings lol. Gemma is most definitely Chaotic Evil haha. I think Miss M is more Lawful Evil in that she had a posh yet cut-throat approach to revenge and actually succeeded though at the end, it looked like she was going to jail. Man in a Veil… yeah she was a really one dimensional FL. I’d say Neutral Good. Just very boring and dumb? Lol but yeah haven’t really seen the protagonist being straight up Chaotic Evil in a looong time.. if ever.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1

God, I caught finally. This show has gotten weird to put it mildly. Does Ju Hyung really like Gemma? Gemma was reluctant but put up with his antics but I felt like he was lying when he made it all about the revenge. Ki Seok should give up now. Like, dude there is too much that has happened for your happy ending with Gemma to be possible. I am not sure what Gemma wants anymore, she is dragging herself further down and down to get what exactly? Anyway, I felt like they should have introduced Ju Hyung way back and just cut all the nonsense with Ki Seok and his brother. 

• Like 4

I also caught up to the latest episode yesterday and oh mo....the storyline is getting :surprisedwut:

Imagine Gemma's horror if she was to find out that KHS is after all his daddy dearest; and how she destroyed her real sister (HB)'s life...and KS and HS's too!

And the loan shark grandma's lost son storyline got buried......that old lady wants to  :onfirex:

Gemma for ruining both her grandsons! 

3 more weeks of madness to look forward to......anyone dropping this show now? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Why is Ki Seok's family even part of the story right now. Gemma doesn't want to marry into that family even if she does like Ki Seok a lot. The grandma acting all raged up only gets an eye roll from me. 

There will be Gemma's paroxysms of crying in future episodes when she found out 

Mr Kwon is her bio dad

HB kills herself or harms herself some way

KS jumps off a roof top

She found out what loan shark grandma did to her dead-erstwhile-appa.

I am ready with the FFW button.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

There will be Gemma's paroxysms of crying in future episodes when she found out 

Mr Kwon is her bio dad

HB kills herself or harms herself some way

KS jumps off a roof top

She found out what loan shark grandma did to her dead-erstwhile-appa.

I am ready with the FFW button.

i have already FFW in all recent episodes, except for some key moments only.

Cue more funerals and more “I am sorry” from our beloved Gemma.

Here’s some predictions of mine:

1. Loan shark Grannie died of shock

2. HB turning real crazy and attempts to kill Gemma, only to kill her Eomma and Appa instead.

3. Gemma became a nun out of guilt.

4. JH inherits Lora Networks and marries Secretary.

5. Auntie marries Uncle.

6. HS is happy in Europe and never returns back.

7. And finally KS reunites with Eun Cho.

8. Gemma’s step brother having children with his wife.

9. Secretary Hong becomes second most important person in Lora Networks after his daughter marries JH.

Who else did I miss?

How about that as an ending?? Wrapped up in 2-3 episodes.

Edited by Newbie21SG
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

hai everyone. :D and I'm thinking just another breath not a minute left. how long have I been drifting? :D furthermore, the supporting cast members played significant roles and add to the depth of the storyline. some people see anger and aggression as the same thing. :D keeping Gemma. the intensity of her anger can range from profound annoyance to extreme rage. I'm freaking loved these two mothers. :D

tumblr-mglpcr-QG1-H1s0y8suo1-500.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

4JH inherits Lora Networks and marries Secretary.

5. Auntie marries Uncle.

6. HS is happy in Europe and never returns back.

8. Gemma’s step brother having children with his wife.

9. Secretary Hong becomes second most important person in Lora Networks after his daughter marries JH.

I like these endings, all the others fast forwarded....especially JH getting Lora and secy marrying...may that come true

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Just super curious: would you rather have a lead like Gemma who is borderline insane and morally bad or YJ from Man in a Veil who is the complete opposite: not evil but extremely boring?

I personally find Gemma to be the much more interesting character and if I’m honest, I thought she was the main antagonist not the lead lol like her other big daily work where she was the antagonist. I feel she’s trained and comfortable playing the evil role so even as the protagonist, she was more than happy to take up a “bad” role lol.

But I think Miss M is a healthy middle but also borderline insane. I think this time slot just brings out the scary people lol.

Anyways, back on topic, I just want to know how both Gemma and her biological father (lmao the irony!) will find the truth and who will first. I’m guessing based on previous dailies it will be KHS but who knows? This drama is coocoo and it can very well be Gemma. I also think the ending will involve JH inheriting (err I mean rightfully forcefully reclaiming) Lora and ending up with the spy. And grandmas entire family will just be left in the dust I think. Was I the only one who never really liked Grandma even before this mess? She was quick to accuse Gemma before she actually did bad things and believed HB and HK instead of ever trusting Gemma who freaking donated her kidney!! I mean I understand grandma being angry at Gemma for toying and manipulating her grandsons but even before, she never sat right with me so honestly no loss. Also KS is boring af and lame so again, no loss haha. The writers really did him dirty and relegated him to a verrry monotonous role. He was supposed to be a cool Knight in armor ML but ended up as a powerless whiny not even a side character loser. The quality of ML for this time slot has gone down haha starting from Fatal promise which was decent to Man in a veil where the guy was obviously the main lead and then from Miss M, the ML was static and boring to now, who’s by far the worst. I’d even say the Coffee aunt and YK has more personality and screen time than him lol.

Oh well Im still gonna admit I enjoy watching this one lol. Can’t wait to see how they’ll end this one!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Quick Poll- K-Drama Seasons

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 1

Quick Poll- K-Drama Seasons

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 2