[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

4 -- loved the ending scene. ju hyung for the underdogs. am going to go out on a limb and say a little more than 50/50. he seemed really ticked off and wouldn't let the secretary leave without an apology. so he might care about her as she is one of his true allies....

At least it's not Gemma with 'I'm sorry'.     I think they'll kill off KS so that it is a punishment for her taking revenge. But HS will come back, grandma will forgive her because she was avenging her son's death and they will live happily ever after. 

We might see JH with Mr Hong and Ms Yeo at the end, managing Lora shoes renamed. Of course, Mr and Mrs Kwon end up in jail.

I am really bored with Gemma and HK, Auntie and Uncle are just caricatures now. Ending, come quick.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maribella said:

But HS will come back, grandma will forgive her because she was avenging her son's death and they will live happily ever after. 

not sure though; we might see hyun seok in cameo but grandma is very clear that she dislikes gemma and regrets even meeting her. gemma played with her two grandsons like toys -- those were her words and they seem pretty strong. unlike gemma who doesn't really ask, loan grandma will confront hee kyung and we might end up getting the real picture of what happenedand what he was like. I don't see loan grandma just taking gemma at her word because her word means zero at this stage. 

as for gemma and her sorrys -- realized in the wedding epiosde that her sorry is actually a deflection to cut any conversation short. she is unwilling to give any reasoning or share her feelings. it is not an actual apology because she is not really sorry this is happening. whereas hee kyung deflects by giving insults and trying to make the person feel small. either way, both these women refuse to have real conversations with anyone. 

• Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

not sure though; we might see hyun seok in cameo but grandma is very clear that she dislikes gemma and regrets even meeting her. gemma played with her two grandsons like toys -- those were her words and they seem pretty strong. unlike gemma who doesn't really ask, loan grandma will confront hee kyung and we might end up getting the real picture of what happenedand what he was like. I don't see loan grandma just taking gemma at her word because her word means zero at this stage. 

as for gemma and her sorrys -- realized in the wedding epiosde that her sorry is actually a deflection to cut any conversation short. she is unwilling to give any reasoning or share her feelings. it is not an actual apology because she is not really sorry this is happening. whereas hee kyung deflects by giving insults and trying to make the person feel small. either way, both these women refuse to have real conversations with anyone. 

True Loan Shark grandma is thoroughly done with Gemma but the writer still has an ace , Gemma's father. Even if he were to turn out to be really scummy, her husband had a hand in it.

I have only visited Seoul for a few days so I don't know much about Korea/ns. Kdramas seem to always have at least one orphan in it. Abandoning children is not unusual. Kicking out a 15-16 year old is bad enough, but leaving a five-six year old in the middle of a market seems so cruel. Even a 10 year old is unable to support himself.

• Like 4

That smile Ms Yeo and JH exchanged, hmmm, I wonder if you are right chingus, 50/50? It's tipping.

Spoiler

sorry wrong drama but I am leaving it here. :bashful:

The episode is very talky so need to wait for subs. Guessing Mrs Joo's visit to Hanok Bakery is to give BSH a dressing down. So she's saying goodbye to JM. 
That preview at the staircase is  real.

I think she got the evidence against JK and the driver for killing Nam. The secretary who lied gave it to her.

edit: oops I am getting Red Shoes and second husband mixed. :hwaiting2: it's from watching Gemma I am very sure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

JH reads HK's diary. And he is furious.

He set up a meeting for KS and Gemma but she walked out. He of course had his surprised-big eyed pathetic look again. 
Stop being so pathetic, KS. 

Nothing much really so they padded it by giving us one of HB's crazed outbursts. I cannot see any relevance at all.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

JH reads HK's diary. And he is furious.

He set up a meeting for KS and Gemma but she walked out. He of course had his surprised-big eyed pathetic look again. 
Stop being so pathetic, KS. 

Nothing much really so they padded it by giving us one of HB's crazed outbursts. I cannot see any relevance at all.

I'm starting to think HB is going to commit suicide before this drama is over.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I'm starting to think HB is going to commit suicide before this drama is over.

Seems like padding to me but you may be right.

Perhaps a reality check for HK and also Gemma. She talks a lot about revenge but has a Pokemon look when some revenge goes her way. @Lmangla :)

I can't buy a woman going crazy for being jilted - perhaps Ophelia alone. She's only 21. If her bio clock is ticking and she's been dating him for  the best years of her life, it makes sense.

edit: @rolisrntex on second thoughts KS I think will be the victim of the Kwons' another attempt on Gemma, from the review of HS video. He has not been given any important storyline except for the fake son for 5-6 episodes. HS has many times more important scenes than him.

Besides for a happy ending, one of them has to die. Otherwise Imagine both swore undying love to  the same woman. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Perhaps a reality check for HK and also Gemma. She talks a lot about revenge but has a Pokemon look when some revenge goes her way. @Lmangla :)

I can't buy a woman going crazy for being jilted - perhaps Ophelia alone. She's only 21. If her bio clock is ticking and she's been dating him for  the best years of her life, it makes sense.

it is probably the one thing that is going to shake up gemma and make her feel guilty. think it was chairman who mentioned that this isn't the first breakdown hye bin had and it may be best to send her for treatment or abroad. so it sounded like she struggled with mental health issues before? otherwise, like you said, she is a young woman. hardly the end of the world if the relationship ends...

was laughing at the hug of kwons. each one is plotting or deriding the other. at this rate, it won't be gemma who pushes hee kyung off her throne -- it will be chairman. his assistant sounded concerned that there were too many things to cover up for the confirmation minster meeting. chairman seemed to indicate that a few things should be revealed so that she can be kicked off and he can divorce her. it will be interesting to see what happens... 

4 hours ago, maribella said:

edit: @rolisrntex on second thoughts KS I think will be the victim of the Kwons' another attempt on Gemma, from the review of HS video. He has not been given any important storyline except for the fake son for 5-6 episodes. HS has many times more important scenes than him.

ki seok too? ummm, sure why not! hahahahha.. from the way it is going, there will be more casualties.... just a matter of who....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

think it was chairman who mentioned that this isn't the first breakdown hye bin had and it may be best to send her for treatment or abroad.

If HB does have a history of mental health issues, then Gemma did HS a solid. Also, it would explain HB's insanely possessive behavior towards HS. Poor dude couldn't go to the break room to get coffee if another female was there without her getting crazy jealous.

• Like 3

Ok I’m gonna admit JH is quickly becoming the smartest (and thus my favorite) character here. And I LOVED his delivery to Gemma: Quit pretending like you’re good you’re already a demon. We both are. What? You want to deny it? Funny how for being in the drama for what less than 10 episodes so far and I already like him better than KS. 

Gemma has hit that mark from transitioning from “good” to evil a looooong time ago and JH is the only one saying it as explicitly as anyone can. I think it was a pretty climactic point in the drama where they finally have it said out loud Gemma is no longer in the right. Also JH is completely right about Gemma being two-faced: why is she asking him if he feels bad at all for backstabbing his adoptive father when she wants him dead? Same thing could be said about her reactions when hearing about HB’s insanity like I thought that was exactly what she wanted: to remove HB of her sanity and make her family freak out. Like choose a side already quit being this not that not this shtick. At this point just take JH’s lead he looks like he knows how to do revenge correctly and not falter every two seconds. Is he morally good? I don’t think so but at least it’s better than being a wandering hypocrite like Gemma.

Also, I am so tired of characters shouting the other character’s names when clearly the call has been ended like who does that? When you hear that sound effect, it’s not like you think the other person’s gonna respond lol.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, vienvien said:

Gemma has the video of her bestie pushed by Son and other videos. I think she cant make use of the videos cos of HK's expensive pearl necklace which she lost in the health food shop.

Excuse me, but who is Son? Sorry for sounding ignorant. I don't watch every episode. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

What? You want to deny it? Funny how for being in the drama for what less than 10 episodes so far and I already like him better than KS. 

I find the maids more interesting than him.

*big eyed surprised- nonplussed-uncomprehending look*  followed by

Gemma, Gemma. He must have the thinnest script of the lot.

Maybe Mr Kwon sends the Wtod and both got killed. But we have 20 episodes or so. Nope, too early to die.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1