[Drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두

Lmangla

So I can see from the trailer is that Zemma /Jin A's sick brother will die and her father will be killed by a car crash. Her mother will runaway with the guy who killed her father. 

If I watch this, it will be my 6th drama starring Choi Myoung Gil. Not sure if she'll be a villain in this drama but we'll see. I'm also glad that E-Hyun and Yoon Jae are starring in this drama as well, I enjoy watching their previous revenge drama. I think I'll watch this since I need something to get over my shock after watching Penthouse.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

On 6/19/2021 at 11:59 PM, chococarmela said:

The trailer kinda reminds me of Thorn Flower/Flower of Revenge (which was an awesome revenge drama on jtbc, I think. Don’t remember which network it was on. I still can’t find it anywhere unfortunately.) I’ll definitely be watching this drama. 

I found this from your recommendation but only raw episodes. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

“Red Shoes” Writer Praises Choi Myung Gil And So Yi Hyun, Shares Meaning Behind Title, And More

Jul 5, 2021
by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s “Red Shoes” is gearing up for its premiere!

The daily series “Red Shoes” will revolve around a mother and a daughter wrapped up in a fiery desire for revenge. Choi Myung Gil plays Min Hui Kyung, a woman that turned her back on her daughter to chase after love and success. So Yi Hyun will play Kim Jem Ma, who aims to resolve her traumatic abandonment by taking revenge on her mother.

Screenwriter Hwang Soon Young of “Red Shoes” shared, “I wanted to write the story of an honest woman who endlessly runs towards her own success and desires by any means possible rather than living as the mother of her children or the wife of a husband who doesn’t love her.”

Regarding the meaning behind the title, writer Hwang Soon Young revealed, “On the day the leading female character gets chased out of the house by her husband, she comes out wearing red shoes gifted to her by a man from the past. Furthermore, the last gift she gives to her daughter is a necklace with a pendant of red shoes. If red shoes symbolize desire to the mother, they also symbolize revenge to the daughter.”

The writer also expressed her thoughts on the cast. She praised, “Since Choi Myung Gil is an actress with such great intrinsic strength, I had so much fun picturing her in my head while writing the script. Actress So Yi Hyun has such a kindhearted and pretty image on variety shows. Since Jem Ma is a double-sided character who simultaneously possess kindness and evil, I became sure that this could be her strength. I 100 percent believe that the two people will showcase phenomenal chemistry.”

On a point to look out for in the drama, Hwang Soon Young commented, “While watching, the viewers may be drawn in and become avid viewers without even realizing it themselves. The charm of the drama is an answer viewers have to find.”

The upcoming drama is written by Hwang Soon Young of “Ruby Ring” and “Two Mothers” and produced by director Park Ki Hyun of “Unasked Family.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477856wpp/red-shoes-writer-praises-choi-myung-gil-and-so-yi-hyun-shares-meaning-behind-title-and-more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Lmangla changed the title to [Current drama 2021] Red Shoes, 빨강 구두, Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST
9 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Anyone watched episode 1 yet?

Yes.

An abusive jealous husband, a successful old love with a wife -dementia patient and the usual nasty nosy in laws. We know they will get together.

The summary says Choi has a sick son, not true, it was another woman. I think this boy will get Choi's son's heart who will die, maybe accident.

I have seen the husband in a few shows, always bad.

Overall: No deviations predicted from kdrama formula but instead of fashion or food, it's now shoes. I like red shoes but I have never liked the long pointy front, they look like rat's snout to me.

I'll stay, there seems to be a lot of stuff we can chat about. :yum:

To begin, Choi - HK was leaving but the old love's sister flounced in and started saying witchy things and HK just stood there. :lol:

I have seen this scene so many times before with her in it.

Everyone,  we should give this a try, I forsee great chatting ahead. But no abs expected.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

Okay, Episode 1 -

So definitely a faster more engaging start than others, I see alot of ... "discussions" ... about whats already shaping up to be a whole host of morally grey individuals. 

- The FL, an abused mother who seems, at this point, to dearly love her children, the previews show the split already, and justifiable so ... but how do her children end up abandon?  The ep 1 lead in, would have you believe she became selfish and unapologetic ... but what actually happened? 

- The Old Flame, does he truly care, or is he looking for something to grow his company?  Still married to a wife with Dementia, and looking for another.

- The annoying sister, shes rude and obnoxious, but is she really wrong for critiquing her brother?

- Cliche' snotty in-law ... nuff said

- The Housekeeper isn't funny ... so far

I like it so far.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

hahahhaa... it will be fun if we get another housekeeper who gives us funny running commentary.... 

12 hours ago, maribella said:

But no abs expected.

but will we get some flamboyant costumes instead? maybe some snazzy shoes? :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

Just watched ep 2 raw. The husband is violent and absolutely out of control when drunk. 
Maybe one of you could tell if he is an alcoholic or he drinks when he's angry.

The old bf is not helping. I remember he was Mr Soh in another show, can't remember the show. She's married and turned him away many times. 

Spoiler

Anyway, she was kicked out in the middle of the night, raining. Desperate, guess who dya wanna call? This is amazing, she remembers his number. I save my family's and friends' numbers, I only remember mine. 

Anyway, old bf  called Mr Kwon I think, accidentally hit the hubby who had recovered from his drunken stupor. He realised what he had done and ran out searching for the wife.

To shorten the recap, Mr Kwon and HK whom he had come to rescue left the scene. A hit and run.

The blackmail is about to start, he dropped his wallet. The family with the very sick child witnessed it. They are poor. The kid is dying. Ok join the dots.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, maribella said:

The blackmail is about to start, he dropped his wallet. The family with the very sick child witnessed it. They are poor. The kid is dying. Ok join the dots.

yea, looks like that coffee lady and shoe brother will keep quiet in order to get money for the surgery. 

looks like the coffee ladies are going to be comedy in this drama with their outrageous hair, penciled/tattooed eyebrows and rivalry... so if she leaves the kids, who will take care of them?

so it was a disastrous marriage that was going south -- she was already getting to a point of leaving him. so why did she leave the kids as well? why not take the kids to the berthe CEO place? so will the coffee lady get paid to raise the kids? 

17 hours ago, maribella said:

The old bf is not helping. I remember he was Mr Soh in another show, can't remember the show. She's married and turned him away many times. 

yea he is quite persistent isn't he? but since she is unhappy and not exactly running away from him, he thinks he has a chance.... his phone number was seared on her fever addled brain -- I was wondering how she managed to call him though. don't you need coins for a pay phone? if she was kicked out in the middle of the night....:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was a disastrous marriage that was going south -- she was already getting to a point of leaving him. so why did she leave the kids as well? why not take the kids to the berthe CEO place? so will the coffee lady get paid to raise the kids? 

Perhaps an orphanage? I don't see the coffee lady doing it voluntarily. Unless HK pays her. She's entering the house with a nasty spinster sister :lol: and the MIL had played nasty women in the shows that I had watched. No stepchildren allowed.

I don't think people use spinster anymore.

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

how she managed to call him though. don't you need coins for a pay phone? if she was kicked out in the middle of the night....:sweatingbullets:

let's be creative. Sometimes people forget to take their change, so there are coins there. :joy: .

This may be funnier than dramatic. The ML was in Unknown woman. I was laughing most of the time. So who knows, after the lukewarm Monte Cristo, this will be something.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

I really don't know what tone they're trying to strike here. Her husband was awful. It not only throws the premise where typically these things are revealed later as part of an unreliable main narrator (future Gemma blaming her mother) learning the truth out, but it makes it impossible for me to feel any sympathy at all for the dad getting killed or even be able to tolerate the "friends" who are so judgy about the fact that she was in the car with another man (yes that the car hit him is relevant but often the way its discussed seems like the bigger problem is her being immoral by being with another man) but clearly had no issue with the husband beating the crap out of his wife on the regular, getting drunk and having violent rages. 

I also call nonsense on the idea that children would be quite as happy and oblivious as they're being shown growing up in that household with an abusive, drunk father and and growing into adulthood with a saintly picture of him. Especially when he didn't even hesitate to wreck their mom's face with his beatings. 

I don't know, I'm waiting to see what happens but I'll have a hard time sticking with this if we're supposed to villainize her thus far and root for her downfall. Maybe she will turn and completely be awful with regards to abandoning the kids but otherwise, good riddance to bad (husband) rubbish.

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Wow...the husband was trash, no doubt, but she's really going to let a man tell her to stay away from her kids?  Any sympathy I might have had for her just went out the window. Sure, she deserves a better life, but to eventually agree with a man who thinks its okay to abandon innocent children just so the object of his affection doesn't live in the so called "sewer" isn't okay at all. She didn't deserve the abuse, but those kids need her and two wrongs don't make a right.

I'll be watching this nonetheless.

• Like 12

Just because her husband was abandoned by his own father - he abuses his wife...?

I don't get them showing his pity story, minus the 'i'm afraid of people leaving me'. But why the abuse?

Did his father hit him too...?

I find it sus how none of the kids noticed their father's abuse and obvious alcoholism.

They're treating him like some angel. I'm pretty sure he's pretty vocal to disrupt any sleep.

I get wanting justice served for him - but to place all the blame on the mom for a hundred episode revenge is just... I mean, I do understand it's not right to murder anyone but he did hit her so it was only right to leave. 

Minus not taking them along.

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 9
  • Shocked 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:00 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay, Episode 1 -

So definitely a faster more engaging start than others, I see alot of ... "discussions" ... about whats already shaping up to be a whole host of morally grey individuals. 

- The FL, an abused mother who seems, at this point, to dearly love her children, the previews show the split already, and justifiable so ... but how do her children end up abandon?  The ep 1 lead in, would have you believe she became selfish and unapologetic ... but what actually happened? 

- The Old Flame, does he truly care, or is he looking for something to grow his company?  Still married to a wife with Dementia, and looking for another.

- The annoying sister, shes rude and obnoxious, but is she really wrong for critiquing her brother?

- Cliche' snotty in-law ... nuff said

I like it so far.

Well said chingu , I really felt the Mother’s pain.  I wonder how she becomes the woman we saw from the First episode.  This reminds me of Ruby Red Kdrama. I think this drama may end up like Ruby Red @LeftCoastOppa

@tofumochu I hate how they are making the man out to be a saint.  He kicked her out and that is why he deserves what happens to him next. I am sorry not sorry. Lol 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1