[Drama 2022] Through The Darkness /Those Who Read Hearts of Evil, 악의 마음을 읽는 자들

larus

Jin Sun Kyu Discusses Why He Chose To Star In “Through The Darkness,” His Role In The Drama, And More

Jin Sun Kyu Discusses Why He Chose To Star In “Through The Darkness,” His Role In The Drama, And More

Jan 5, 2022
by L. Kim

Jin Sun Kyu shared his excitement for the premiere of SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Through the Darkness”!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of the first criminal profiler in South Korea, who looked into the hearts of serial killers at a time when random, motiveless murders were on the rise and the word “profiling” did not yet exist.

Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Jin Sun Kyu plays friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought Song Ha Young into the Criminal Behavior Analysis team.

In a recent interview, Jin Sun Kyu talked about why he decided to appear in the drama, saying, “The first profilers in Korea. Just thinking about portraying the ‘crazy desire’ of people who dig into the deep inner darkness that cannot be estimated in order to catch serial killers is exciting. I had no choice but to choose [the drama] without hesitation.”

The actor also shared the details of his character. He said, “Realizing the need for criminal psychological analysis, Guk Young Soo is the first person to create Korea’s ‘Criminal Behavior Analysis Team’ after strategizing for a long time, and he is also the one to discover Song Ha Young. It would not have been easy to create a role that never existed in any organization before and convince people of the absolute necessity of this unfamiliar position. I think he is a character who contributed to writing a new history in the investigative world with his beliefs, patience, and bold decisions.”

jin-sun-kyu.jpg

Jin Sun Kyu discussed the efforts he made in order to depict Guk Young Soo. He commented, “I focused on expressing his frustration with how there is a victim but the criminal is unknown and his resolve that ‘someone should stop’ ruthless murders with unknown motives. In addition, I thought that he also has the meticulousness of making plans by setting long-term strategies and that there must have been something about him that quietly overwhelms people. I paid special attention to that part.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507119wpp/jin-sun-kyu-discusses-why-he-chose-to-star-in-through-the-darkness-his-role-in-the-drama-and-more

• Like 2

Kim Nam Gil Talks About His Role In “Through The Darkness,” Why He Chose The Drama, And More

Kim Nam Gil Talks About His Role In “Through The Darkness,” Why He Chose The Drama, And More

Jan 5, 2022
by J. Ahn

Kim Nam Gil recently participated in an interview with OSEN!

In the interview, Kim Nam Gil shared why he chose to take part in the drama, who his character is, and more.

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of the first criminal profiler in South Korea, who looked into the hearts of serial killers at a time when random, motiveless murders were on the rise and the word “profiling” did not yet exist.

Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Jin Sun Kyu plays friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought Song Ha Young into the Criminal Behavior Analysis team.

Kim Nam Gil talked about the challenges he faced with his character, saying, “I thought that this was a character that I’ve never played before. I also liked the fact that I would be able to portray the character as Korea’s first profiler. Another factor that was different about this role was that this character actually exists in reality, so I thought this would be a good challenge to take on.”

The actor continued on to say, “What’s quite charming about this drama is the fact that it’s based on non-fiction reportage. I liked the fact that the drama sends the message that everyone has to be responsible for their own lives, and the world is meant for people to work together and socialize.”

Kim Nam Gil also shared his deep analysis of his character. “Song Ha Young emphasizes justice and is very responsible. He is able to empathize with people in any situation. However, he seems like a cold person. He’s sensitive and has a great attention to detail. He’s determined and doesn’t give up when he starts something.”

kim-nam-gil.jpg

“Through the Darkness” is expected to capture viewers’ attention with the actors’ amazing acting abilities and impactful story line. The drama premieres on January 14 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507049wpp/kim-nam-gil-talks-about-his-role-in-through-the-darkness-why-he-chose-the-drama-and-more

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

News bites: January 8, 2022

by tccolb

With the January 14th premiere just a week away, SBS’s crime thriller Through the Darkness has released a slew of new posters that capture the mood of the drama. Kim Nam-gil (The Fiery Priest) plays the man who becomes South Korea’s first criminal profiler back in the 1990s, aided by his colleagues, Jin Seon-gyu (One the Woman) and Kim So-jin (Marriage ContractEscape from Mogadishu). [SBS]

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/30000735166_1280.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/news-bites-january-8-2022/

I wanted to re-illuminate the fierce times of those who chase criminals."

Director Park Bo-ram of 'Those Who Read Evil Minds' ahead of its first broadcast said, "It's a kind of work of warning that there is no perfect crime."

According to SBS on the 9th, 'Those who read the minds of evil' director Park Bo-ram said, "It is based on the story of Prof. Il-yong Kwon, the first profiler in Korea, and the script containing Seol-na's detailed psychological description." There were enough reasons to challenge."

He continued, "It was attractive to draw the beginnings of a profiler in Korea," he said. "I was immersed in the original work recorded by the first profiler, and I could feel that time while reading, and there are criminals in this story, but what I wanted to deal with was that. It's a story about people chasing criminals."

He continued, "I thought that this was because there were people who chased after criminals. I wanted to re-examine their fierce times." "While preparing this work, there were struggles and fierce battles of some people, safety beyond fear and anxiety. I have come to realize that it is not an easy thing to achieve.”

Above all, director Park explained, "I thought that this work was also a kind of warning to those who threaten our safety even at this moment." "There is no perfect crime."

As with all directors, director Park Bo-ram faced ‘those who read the minds of evil’ more fiercely and seriously than anyone else. It was possible because I had faith in the work and confidence in the message it contained.

The director's passion will lead to the perfection of the work by meeting the dense script and the best actors. This is why we are looking forward to “Readers of Evil Minds” by director Park Boram.

http://www.sisafocus.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=271254

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Watch: Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, And Kim So Jin Learn What It Takes To Be A Criminal Profiler In “Through The Darkness” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 10, 2022
by S. Nam

SBS’s upcoming drama “Through the Darkness” released a new highlight clip!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of the first criminal profiler in South Korea who looked into the hearts of serial killers at a time when random, motiveless murders were on the rise and the word “profiling” did not yet exist.

Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Jin Sun Kyu plays friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought Song Ha Young into the Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Kim So Jin takes on the role of Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit who uses her animal-like instincts to perceive cases.

The highlight clip begins with a news report stating that the police has yet to find evidence regarding the person in the red hat. A woman hurries home through the pouring rain as a mysterious person wearing a red ball cap follows behind her and unexpectedly attacks her inside the house, causing her to scream loudly.

At the police station, a detective gets angry at Song Ha Young for wanting to reopen a case, but Song Ha Young only appears more adamant to do so as a man remarks, “That guy’s not the criminal.” Song Ha Young personally visits him in jail to ask why he thought so, and the criminal warns, “If you don’t capture that guy, trouble will occur again.”

Song Ha Young narrates, “Criminals understand the mind of a criminal better.” Guk Young Soo hands Song Ha Young a book and introduces him to the concept of criminal profiling, emphasizing the ability to understand other people’s emotions. Although people seem skeptical of their job as profilers, Song Ha Young calmly explains, “We’re people who find out why an incident occurs and analyze the reason behind it.” He adds, “A profiler isn’t a psychologist who is like a police officer. They’re a police officer who is like a psychologist.”

The search for the serial killer escalates as Yoon Tae Goo reassures him, “They’ll be caught without failure.” Finally, Song Ha Young states, “I won’t stop here. I’ll definitely catch him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1507708wpp/watch-kim-nam-gil-jin-sun-kyu-and-kim-so-jin-learn-what-it-takes-to-be-a-criminal-profiler-in-through-the-darkness-teaser

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Kim Nam-gil returns to the small screen for the first time in 3 years with 'The Heart of Evil'... Profiler Transformation

image_readtop_2022_31324_164188104149139

Actor Kim Nam-gil will return to the small screen after 3 years with 'Those who read the minds of evil'. At 2 pm on the 11th, the production presentation of the SBS new Friday-Saturday drama 'Readers of Evil Minds' was broadcast live through the YouTube channel.

image_readmed_2022_31324_164188104149139

‘Readers of Evil Minds’ is a psychological crime investigation drama depicting the story of the first profiler in Korea who had to fiercely look into the minds of serial killers at the peak of evil at a time when unmotivated murders were rapidly increasing. Park Young-soo's EP is based on the original book of the same name. I came across this book three years ago and was fascinated by people who wanted to prevent heinous crimes in innovative ways. It is a sincere description of how it came to be established as a method of criminal investigation. I wanted to put the power of the original into the drama.”

When he said that it would not have been easy to dramatize a work with an original work, EP Park Young-soo said, "There is always a point of concern in dramas dealing with crime. There are some people who do not get rid of the wounds and pain of crime even as time goes by. So while preparing the drama, the scene of the crime victims approached very seriously. I wanted to portray how the first profilers face and overcome the investigative technique and fierce process of psychological analysis. I think our sincerity can be conveyed to the viewers.”

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/01/31324/

Casting news

Seo Dong Gab was cast in the role of Kim Bong Sik

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Nam Gil And Jin Sun Kyu Go To The Ends Of The Earth To Read Criminals’ Minds In “Through The Darkness” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 12, 2022
by L. Kim

Kim Nam Gil and Jin Sun Kyu will make history in the upcoming SBS drama “Through the Darkness” as they create the first criminal profilers in Korea!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of the first criminal profiler in South Korea who looked into the hearts of serial killers at a time when random, motiveless murders were on the rise and the word “profiling” did not yet exist.

Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Jin Sun Kyu plays friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought Song Ha Young into the Criminal Behavior Analysis team. Kim So Jin takes on the role of Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit who uses her animal-like instincts to perceive cases.

On January 12, “Through the Darkness” released a preview of the first episode. The clip begins with a woman walking in the pouring rain and a strange man watching her from a distance. Frustrated that there is no Criminal Behavior Analysis team yet, Guk Young Soo vehemently states, “Sooner or later, we will also see heartless people like there are in the United States! They don’t even have any motives! We must look at the whole process!”

When asked who will even step up to do anything like that, Guk Young Soo confidently responds, “I know the perfect guy. One who is more disobedient than I am.”

The man Guk Young Soo is referring to is none other than Song Ha Young. He may seem aloof because of his poker face, but he’s extremely detail-oriented and passionate about his job. He joins Guk Young Soo in the Criminal Behavior Analysis Team, and they make every effort they can in order to understand criminals better.

The teaser ends with Guk Young Soo asking Song Ha Young, “Have you ever heard of ‘profilers’?” He hands the puzzled Song Ha Young a book titled “Mind Hunter” and comments, “I think I found the perfect person [for the job].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508095wpp/watch-kim-nam-gil-and-jin-sun-kyu-go-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-to-read-criminals-minds-in-through-the-darkness-teaser

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, And Kim So Jin Introduce Their “Through The Darkness” Characters, Share Why They Chose The Drama, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 11, 2022
by S. Cho

The main cast of “Through the Darkness” spoke about the drama at their press conference!

SBS’s “Through the Darkness” is set in the late 1990s and is based on the story of the first criminal profiler in South Korea, who looked into the hearts of serial killers at a time when random, motiveless murders were on the rise and the word “profiling” did not yet exist.

On January 11, main cast members Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, and Kim So Jin attended an online press conference for “Through the Darkness” with executive producer (EP) Park Young Soo.

The drama is based on a book of the same name written by Kwon Il Yong, South Korea’s first criminal profiler. EP Park Young Soo commented, “I first read this book three years ago. At the time, I couldn’t help but be fascinated by the strong will showcased by those who used innovative methods to stop violent crime. It authentically portrays how the investigation technique of manhunt through psychoanalysis was first used and how it positioned itself into a method of criminal investigation. I wanted this drama to capture the original story’s strength and the story of those whose career it is to read the hearts of criminals.”

Kim Nam Gil will play profiler Song Ha Young of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Scientific Investigation of Criminal Behavior Analysis team. The actor shared, “I’m portraying the role of Song Ha Young, a first-generation profiler in our country. In this generation, a profiler was an unfamiliar career and a word people were hearing for the first time. It’s a role that chooses a job where you read the hearts and minds of criminals when there wasn’t any scientific criminal investigation.”

He continued, “There was something attractive about the original story and it became an opportunity to re-evaluate the career of a profiler that was unfamiliar at the time, how to read the hearts of criminals, and a job taken for granted. In terms of acting, I’ve always done characters similar to myself and since I’ve mostly done bright, comedic, and action [acting], this was a bit of a challenge for detailed acting. I felt a sense of challenge and a personal thirst for reading and expressing emotions through one’s gaze, without using a lot of muscles.”

Kim Nam Gil added, “I was also personally touched that I got to work with Jin Sun Kyu and Kim So Jin. The biggest thing was [working with] director Park Bo Ram, who I met during ‘The Fiery Priest.’ At the time, I was half joking and half serious when I said, ‘I’ll help you if you seal the deal,’ as young producers need to secure their spots. After the end of ‘The Fiery Priest,’ I received a story for a two-part show so I readily agreed but that didn’t work out well. After some time had passed, [the director said,] ‘This is it. Read it. Please keep the promise you made me.'”

Jin Sun Kyu will turn into Song Ha Young’s friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, the team leader of the Criminal Behavior Analysis team. He commented, “Guk Young Soo is someone who makes Song Ha Young into a profiler who can read the hearts of criminals. He’s the character who makes our country first try out scientific criminal investigation so that profiling can be used as a method to chase down serial killers.”

He added, “The reason I chose to appear was because the script I received was so fun. There have been a lot of dramas but this extent of professionalism was remarkable and there have been a lot of profilers but the process through which this job was created was fun. On top of this, I really enjoyed being able to work together with King Nam Gil and King So Jin,” making everyone laugh with his sudden compliments.

Kim So Jin will star as Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. She elaborated, “Back then, there were a lot of hardships due to harassment and prejudice that a female detective had to endure. Despite that, she is a tough and charismatic character who leads the team and works more competitively than anyone in order to catch criminals and receive recognition for her skills.”

Kim So Jin continued, “I was curious about following the hearts of criminals, but this is a project that makes you even more curious about the hearts of the people who read the criminals’ hearts. While reading the original, rather than the incidents, I had more attention and affection for the concerns of those who endured hard times while competitively fighting with their own selves in order to catch and stop criminals. Personally, although it was acting, I felt uncomfortable and scared to confront these horrible incidents. Aside from that fear, I thought that there would be something more that I hadn’t seen yet. Although the work won’t be easy, I thought that the process of working together would be meaningful and valuable so I worked up the courage to participate.”

Jin-Sun-Kyu-Kim-So-Jin-Kim-Nam-Gil-1.jpe

Lastly, EP Park Young Soo commented, “Since it’s a period piece, there are difficult aspects. For example, there can’t be any recent cars in the shot so we worked hard to film while avoiding cars. As the years change, the characters’ cell phone versions keep changing too. There will also be fun in watching that history of change. Among the locations from that time, there were many that were no longer there or were hard to film in. For those places, we used special measures to film and it will be fun if you find out how we implemented those through the drama.”

He continued, “We are drawing out the story of the most professional people that has never been dealt with before in a Korean drama. We are capturing it with utmost detail. I believe it will become a refreshingly new drama. I also think it will be fun to watch the passionate acting from our top actors.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508007wpp/kim-nam-gil-jin-sun-kyu-and-kim-so-jin-introduce-their-through-the-darkness-characters-share-why-they-chose-the-drama-and-more

• Like 3

Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, And Kim So Jin Rave About Their Teamwork In New Drama “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 12, 2022
by E. Cha

The stars of SBS’s upcoming drama “Through the Darkness” can’t seem to say enough good things about one another!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is a new drama based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil will star as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu will star as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Kim So Jin will play Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, whose sharp instincts have made her a legend among the police.

While describing his experience filming the drama, Kim Nam Gil heaped praise on both Jin Sun Kyu and Kim So Jin for their talent and great personalities. “Because both Jin Sun Kyu and Kim So Jin are truly amazing actors,” he said, “not only was our acting teamwork so good that it needs no words, but everything else [about working together] was great as well.

“What I particularly felt while acting together with them was that both Jin Sun Kyu and Kim So Jin are exceptionally considerate of other people and respectful of a given situation. They are colleagues who think first of their co-stars and the crew on set before themselves, and they make it possible to work together as a team.”

Referring to the drama’s subject matter of profilers attempting to read criminals’ hearts and minds, Kim Nam Gil continued, “They’re actors who have great understanding of people, and I think in that sense, the personalities of the cast matched the subject matter of this drama.”

Kim-Nam-Gil1.jpg

Jin Sun Kyu also spoke highly of his co-stars, going so far as to describe his meeting with Kim Nam Gil as “destiny.”

“You could say that in the drama, Kim Nam Gil’s character Song Ha Young and my character Guk Young Soo seem like they were destined to meet,” he remarked. “And it felt like Kim Nam Gil and I were destined to meet in real life as well. From the very beginning, we fell right into step working together. He’s a smart actor who makes it possible for his co-star to immerse themselves completely in the story for every second of filming.”

As for Kim So Jin, he shared, “She’s an actress with a gentle and calm strength, and she does her utmost to communicate for every scene. Because of that, filming flowed very naturally, like water. She’s an actress with an extraordinary magnetism that pulls you in when you’re acting with her.”

Jin-Sun-Kyu1.jpg

Finally, Kim So Jin expressed her gratitude to both Kim Nam Gil and Jin Sun Kyu, commenting, “I think I had faith that we were all sincerely pondering and worrying over this drama together. I really liked that they had so much affection for the drama. Since there’s no right answer when it comes to acting, they were considerate of me and waited so that I could find my own way, and I’m grateful to both of them.”

She went on to recall, “Kim Nam Gil has a certain relaxed flexibility on the filming set that reveals just how experienced of an actor he is. I was really envious of that. I could also feel Jin Sun Kyu’s pure-hearted passion about acting, and that made me happy too.”

Spoiler

Kim-So-Jin.jpg

“Through the Darkness” premieres on January 14 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508200wpp/kim-nam-gil-jin-sun-kyu-and-kim-so-jin-rave-about-their-teamwork-in-new-drama-through-the-darkness

• Like 3

Hong Woo-jin, cast in 'Those who read the minds of evil'...

http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/photo/202201/357015_340446_2119.jpg

Actor Hong Woo-jin has been cast in the drama 'Those who read the minds of evil'.

In this work, Hong Woo-jin will show the chemistry between Jin Seon-kyu and his seniors and juniors to increase the immersion in the play.

Hong Woo-jin, who is active in musicals and plays, has shown a clear presence in 'Mung Bean Flower', 'Crash Landing on You', and Netflix's 'Squid Game'. Meanwhile, 'Those who read the minds of evil' starring Woo-jin Hong will be broadcasted for the first time on the 14th.

http://www.newsfreezone.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=357015

• Like 2

Stills

People who read the minds of evil’ Kim Nam-gil, a police character never seen before

2022011314400708103d3244b4fed58141237161

Those who read the minds of evil’ Kim Nam-gil heralds the birth of a special police character that has never been seen before.

On January 14th, at 10 pm, SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Those who read the minds of evil' will be broadcasted for the first time. ‘Readers of Evil Minds’ is a psychological crime investigation drama depicting the story of the first profiler in Korea who had to fiercely look into the minds of serial killers at the peak of evil at a time when unmotivated murders were rapidly increasing.

Actor Kim Nam-gil (Song Ha-young) takes on the role of Song Ha-yeong, the main character of 'Readers of Evil Minds'. Song Ha-young says she has no feelings at first glance, but she is actually a person who looks into the inner side of others more deeply than anyone else. While she clearly had the idea of catching criminals as a police officer, she is also one who believes that she should never have anyone chastised. As a result, Song Ha-young will become Korea's first profiler in the future.

In the midst of this, on January 13th, the production team of 'Those who read the minds of evil' released filming stills clearly showing the special policeman Song Ha-young's character.

https://m.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202201130297#_enliple

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Kim Nam Gil Witnesses A Horrific Moment As A Child In Upcoming Drama “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 14, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s upcoming drama “Through the Darkness” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Nam Gil’s childhood!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is a new drama based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil will star as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu will star as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Kim So Jin will play Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, whose sharp instincts have made her a legend among the police.

On January 14, the drama’s production team revealed new stills of a shocking incident that Song Ha Young experienced as a child. This scene, which will mark the opening of the first episode, is expected to pique viewers’ interest by clearly showing why Song Song Ha Young is bound to become the first profiler in Korea in the future.

In the newly released stills, little Song Ha Young is in the middle of a chaotic scene. The safety personnel look worried about what happened, and a doctor carries someone on a stretcher. Song Ha Young is tightly holding onto his mother’s hand. However, his eyes are fixed on the person on the stretcher. Usually, children’s emotions are easy to read, but Song Ha Young’s feelings can’t be easily determined. It is hard to decipher whether he is traumatized or upset.

through-the-darkness2.jpg

The production team explained, “The first episode that airs today will open with the childhood of main character Song Ha Young. It will be a rather shocking beginning that will clearly show why he later becomes a profiler. Please show a lot of interest in the premiere of ‘Through the Darkness’ and look forward to it as it will present a strong attraction.”

“Through the Darkness” premieres on January 14 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508403wpp/kim-nam-gil-witnesses-a-horrific-moment-as-a-child-in-upcoming-drama-through-the-darkness

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Through the Darkness, Dr. Park’s Clinic

by missvictrix

PW-01132022-1.jpg

January is looking like a quiet month for premieres (before the February drama-tsunami hits). That being said, we’ve got two completely different shows hitting the airwaves this weekend: a probing thriller about Korea’s first criminal profiler, and a wacky comedy featuring some of the greats.

Through the Darkness

Jin-Sun-Kyu-Kim-So-Jin-Kim-Nam-Gil-1.jpe

Time slot: Friday-Saturday
Broadcaster: SBS
Genre: Crime, thriller
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: I’m not a huge fan of serial killer storylines, police procedurals, thrillers, or any hybrid thereof, but that’s not to say Through the Darkness doesn’t have a lot to recommend it. Based on the real-life chronicle of Korea’s first-ever criminal profiler, the drama tells the story of his genesis. Or, what it was like for him to “walk into the devil’s heart.” Sounds like a one-way trip, to me! Kim Nam-gil plays the lead, and he’s supported by Jin Seon-gyu, Kim So-jin, Ryeoun, and more. The drama is also set in the 1990s, covers real cases of the time, and showcases how criminal investigations changed during that time. If I’m correct, the drama will be a great combo of thrills and probing psychological depth.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/premiere-watch-through-the-darkness-dr-parks-clinic/

January 12 2022

Ep.1 trailer for SBS drama “Through the Darkness”

Through_The_Darkness-ep01trailerSM1.jpeg

Ep.1 trailer added for SBS drama series “Through the Darkness” starring Kim Nam-Gil, Jin Sun-Kyu, and Kim So-Jin. The drama series revolves around criminal profilers led by Song Ha-Young (Kim Nam-Gil). Ep.1 trailer begins with Jin Sun-Kyu stating “Sooner or later, we’ll see brutal people like in the USA. They have no motives” and (0:11) Kim Nam-Gil states “I wonder what they are thinking.” Below are still images of Kim Nam-Gil, Jin Sun-Kyu, and Kim So-Jin in the drama series.

“Through the Darkness” first airs January 14, 2022 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Friday and Saturday 10PM time slot after “Now, We Are Breaking Up“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: A story of criminal profilers who struggle to read the minds of serial murderers.

Song Ha-Young (Kim Nam-Gil) is a criminal profiler. He is calm and has charisma. He digs up cases and looks deeply into the human mind.

Spoiler

Through_The_Darkness-SI01.jpeg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-sbs-drama-through-the-darkness

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Through The Darkness /Those Who Read Hearts of Evil, 악의 마음을 읽는 자들 -Kim Nam Gil-Fri&Sat @22:00 KST

Kim Nam Gil Meets With Go Geon Han As He Searches For The Truth In “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 15, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s new drama “Through the Darkness” has shared a preview of the second episode!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil will star as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu will star as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Kim So Jin will play Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, whose sharp instincts have made her a legend among the police.

Spoilers

In the first episode, Song Ha Young persistently dug into a murder case. Park Dae Woong (Jeong Man Sik) insisted that the culprit behind the case was the victim’s boyfriend Bang Ki Hoon (Oh Kyung Joo), and he even received a confession after a coercive investigation. However, Song Ha Young thought otherwise. Despite the fact that all circumstances pointed to Bang Ki Hoon as the criminal, Song Ha Young believed Bang Ki Hoon’s eyes told a different story.

Then Song Ha Young came across the “Red Hat Case” about a man named Yang Yong Chul (Go Geon Han) who committed a series of sexual assaults. Yang Yong Chul hinted that Bang Ki Hoon was not the culprit, and viewers are eager to find out if that’s true and whether Song Ha Young will be able to reveal the truth.

The new stills capture Song Ha Young meeting Yang Yong Chul. Song Ha Young is wearing his signature poker face, and his gaze is serious yet deep. On the other hand, Yang Yong Chul’s expression, eyes, and gestures seem exaggerated. The conflicting atmosphere in the room piques curiosity about their conversation.

through-the-darkness3.jpg

The production team stated, “In the second episode, Song Ha Young personally visits criminal Yang Yong Chul. This meeting will later play a decisive role in Song Ha Young becoming a criminal behavior analyst and profiler. Kim Nam Gil’s overwhelming acting skills in this scene will lead to breathtaking immersion. We ask for your interest and anticipation.”

Episode 2 of “Through the Darkness” will air on January 15 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508496wpp/kim-nam-gil-meets-with-go-geon-han-as-he-searches-for-the-truth-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Kim Nam Gil’s “Through The Darkness” Premieres To Promising Ratings As “Tracer” Soars To New All-Time High

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 15, 2022
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “Through the Darkness” has joined the weekend ratings fray!

Based on a book co-written by South Korea’s real-life first criminal profiler, “Through the Darkness” is set in the late 1990s and stars Kim Nam Gil as a pioneering profiler who struggles to read the minds of serial killers.

On January 14, the new drama got off to a solid start: according to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of “Through the Darkness” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508457wpp/kim-nam-gils-through-the-darkness-premieres-to-promising-ratings-as-tracer-soars-to-new-all-time-high

너드커넥션(Nerd Connection) - Lullaby :: 악의 마음을 읽는 자들 OST Part.1 Through The Darkness Original Sound

Nerd Connection, 'Those who read the minds of evil' OST first runner... Released today (15th) By Ryu Ji-yoon

news_1642212616_1073707_m_1.jpeg

The first OST 'Lullaby' of 'Readers of Evil Minds', in which the band Nerd Connection participated, will be released at 6 pm on the 15th. ‘Lullaby’ is a song that leaves a hazy yet clear impression with the repetitive and solemn acoustic guitar of folk rhythm and the languid recitation of Seo Young-joo of nerd connection.

In particular, the song is characterized by lyrics that are divided into two narrators, the profiler and the criminal, and the lyrical guitar solo and strings and percussion instruments added in the second half create a more dramatic atmosphere.

In addition, this band has worked with many artists such as Da-il Yang, Cheese, Na-young Kim, and Young-woong Lim, and has been active in drama OSTs such as 'Hotel Del Luna', 'When the Camellia Blooms', 'The World of the Married', and 'Mt. Jirisan'. It boasts a high degree of perfection through collaboration between the hit makers Midnight and Alter Choi.

SBS 'Readers of the Mind of Evil' is a work depicting the story of the first profiler in Korea who had to fiercely look into the hearts of serial killers at the peak of evil at a time when unmotivated murders were on the rise.

https://m.dailian.co.kr/news/view/1073707

• Like 1

“Through The Darkness” And “The King Of Tears, Lee Bang Won” Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet; “Snowdrop” Sees Dip

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 16, 2022
by E. Cha

Both SBS’s “Through the Darkness” and KBS’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won” soared to new heights last night!

On January 15, Kim Nam Gil‘s new drama “Through the Darkness” saw a significant rise in viewership for its second episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 7.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508554wpp/through-the-darkness-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet-snowdrop-sees-dip

• Like 2
  • Blob 1