Poll: Ultimate Unnie/Noona  

112 members have voted

1. 1. My Ultimate Red Wine Unnie/Noona (Choose 4)

• Park Shin Hye (The Heirs, Memories of Alhambra)
    • Bae Suzy (Start Up, Vagabond)
    • IU (Hotel Del Luna, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart)
    • Kim Go Eun (The Eternal Monarch, Goblin)
    • Park Min Young (Her Private Life, What's wrong with Secretary Kim)
    • Shin Hye Sun (Mr. Queen, Angel's Last Mission: Love)
    • Moon Chae Won (Flower of Evil, Innocent Man)
    • Jung So Min (Father is Strange, Because this is my first life)
    • Park Bo Young (Doom at your service, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon)
    • Shin Se Kyung (Run On, The Bride of Habaek)
    • Go Ara (Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, Hwarang)
    • Im Soo Hyang (Graceful Family, ID: Gangnam Beauty)
    • Kim So Hyun (River where the Moon Rises, Love Alarm)
    • Mun Ka Young (True Beauty, Find Me in your memory)
    • Oh Yeon Seo (A Korean Odyssey, Love With Flaws)
    • Park Eun Bin (Do You Like Brahms?, Hot Stove League)
    • Kim Yoo Jung (Backstreet Rookie, Love in the Moonlight)
    • Lee Yoo Young (Tunnel, Your Honor)
    • Lee Se Young (Memorist, Kairos)
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. My Ultimate White Wine Unnie/Noona (Choose 4)

• Song Hye Kyo (Full House, Descendants of the sun)
    • Son Ye Jin (Crash Landing on You, Something in the rain)
    • Gianna Jun (Jun Ji Hyun) (My Love From Another Star, The Legend of the Blue Sea)
    • Ku Hye Sun (Boys over Flowers, Blood)
    • Yoon Eun Hye (Goong, Coffee Prince)
    • Song Ji Hyo (Emergency Couple, Was is it Love)
    • Yoo In Na (Goblin, Touch Your Heart)
    • Han Ji Min (One Spring Night, The Light in your Eyes)
    • Lee Min Jung (Once Again, Come Back Mister)
    • Lee Ha Nee (Honey Lee) (The Fiery Priest, Come Back Mister)
    • Jeon Mi Do (Hospital Playlist, Mother)
    • Lee Da Hee (Search: WWW, The Beauty Inside)
    • Lee Da Hae (My Girl, The Good Witch)
    • Lee Ha Na (Voice - all seasons, A Piece of your Mind)
    • Hwang Jung Eum (Secret Love, Kill Me Heal Me)
    • Kim So Yeon (Penthouse, Secret Mother)
    • Jang Nara (Sell Your Haunted House, Fated To Love You)
    • Cho Yeo Jung (Cheat on my if you can, Woman of 9.9 Billion)
    • Eugene (Kim Yoo Jin) (Penthouse, All About My Mom)
    • None of the Above
  3. 3. My Ultimate Rose Wine Unnie/Noona (Choose 4)

• Kim Tae Hee (Hi Bye Mama, Yong Pal)
    • Kim Sun A (Children of Nobody, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Scent of a Woman)
    • Ha Ji Won (What Happened in Bali, Empress Ki, Chocolate)
    • Gong Hyo Jin (Jealousy Incarnate, When Camelia Blooms)
    • Bae Doona (Secret Forest a.k.a Stranger, Kingdom)
    • Lee Bo Young (Mine, Mother)
    • Kim Hee Sun (Faith, Alice)
    • Soo Ae (Mask, Sweet Stranger and Me)
    • Kim Hye Soo (Signal, Hyena)
    • Choi Kang Hee (Queen of Mystery, Good Casting)
    • Kim Seo Hyung (Mine, Sky Castle, Nobody Knows)
    • Lee Ji Ah (Penthouse, The Ghost Detective)
    • Choi Ji Woo (Stairway to Heaven, Winter Sonata)
    • Uhm Jung Hwa (A Witch's Love, You are too much)
    • Kim Hee Ae (The World of Married, Secret Affair)
    • Song Yoon Ah (K2, Secret Mother)
    • Shin Eun Kyung (The Last Empress, Bad Couple)
    • Kim Nam Joo (My Husband Got Family, Misty)
    • None of the Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/2021 at 08:00 AM

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingus, since you have mentioned "Shin Hye Sun", for me she is a great talent actually. One of those names these days that would make me want to check out drama. I wasn't going to watch "Mr. Queen" because of the body swap synopsis (not into body swaps really), but since she was doing it, I checked it out and watched the whole drama. 

What is great about her is that fact that she does not shy away from trying out different kind of roles. I loved her in "Still 17", one of my most favorite dramas by her, and also she did a great job in "Mr. Queen". So I will look forward to her upcoming projects

Still 17 WAS my First Kdrama, I loved loved that show, I ended up watching Legend of the Blue sea for SHin Hye Sun then switched to stanning Lmh lol , but I think of my kdrama binging the max number of shows I have watched is of Shin Hye Sun, (Still17, LOTBS,Oh My ghostess, and Mr Queen). One of the most versatile actress of her generation and someone who is not typecast, I just love her shows.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poll: MY ULTIMATE Unnie/Noona Chingus, sometime ago we had the Ultimate Oppa polls, but dramas are not all about Oppas, they also require the female leads, a.k.a Unnies or Noonas (in my case) 

man, this is tough but my ultimate unnie is this woman. But wait, why she didnt put on list ?              

1 -  I love SYJ because we got same type in oppa         # not complicated   

On 6/15/2021 at 7:01 AM, Ameera Ali said:

love IU sense of responsibility toward The lead man 

She's always playing charcters where she saves the lead man. Would honestly like more effort from her leads 

# we share same value 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

hai everyone. we're nearly halfway through 2021. :D thank you mr. @Sleepy Owl  for organizing this poll, Event: My Ultimate Unnie/Noona and tagging me. I liked this poll gave it a good write-up in the thread. from my perspective, there's a difference between acting talent and charisma. ideally, you want an actor who has both but those actors are hard to find. some actors have good acting skills but not a lot of charisma. actors like this need meaty roles to shine. they need a movie or a role that have heavy dramatic scenes so they may showcase their talents. KIM GO EUN is a good example of this. she's the successful as well as talented actress of South Korea and was awarded the Baeksang Arts Award for Best New Actress In TV come 2016. we all know her Goblin 2016. touted by many as the “Goblin's bride" who can end Kim Shin immortal life. there was an expression of carefree happiness on screen we all miss. detective Tae Eul her role from The King: Eternal Monarch "TKEM" drama 2020. I really liked both main characters. there’s something nice about leaving her roles where GO EUN SSI vulnerability is revealed in equal measure with her admirable strength of characters. I also fell in love with her daily uniform of streetwear picks in "TKEM" drama. from my point of view, Tae Eul has chosen to lean towards the shoe's easy and relaxed vibe by matching it with a nice mustard flannel shirt and loose, cuffed jeans. Tae Eul's laidback look was definitely elevated by her marigold sneakers. her departure from the usual neutral sneakers helped brightened her fit essentially making a strong case for strategic colored kicks. meanwhile, GO EUN SSI upcoming drama "Yumi's Cells" , the storyline is told through the perspective of these cells, allowing the viewers to get a glimpse into their thoughts as Yumi goes about her life, including navigating her relationships with three different men. in fact, she was perfectly acting for this role. I didn't have a hard time not doing that with the return of star KIM GO EUN, there're still some faces we’ve been missing and haven’t seen in a while. let's support and watch her best work. :D

Webp-net-gifmaker-1-2.gif

source: 

https://www.hancinema.net/kim-go-eun-to-act-out-yumi-in-yumi-s-cells-148095-amp.html

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 5

ROSE WINES

(1) Kim Tae Hee - definitely not the most versatile actress and the dramas she chooses usually end up disappointing me (like IRIS, Yong Pal and Jang Ok Jung) but I can never resist checking out her projects. She's so pretty and seems sooo nice in real life. Good thing she ended up with Rain.

(2) Ha Ji Won - wasn't a fan of her pre-2010 dramas but I loved her in King 2 Hearts and Empress Ki. Enjoy seeing her IG posts too (very artistic) and her guesting at House on the Wheels.

(3) Gong Hyo Jin - her works are always a safe choice to watch, very comforting. She has a knack for choosing likable projects and her co-stars always seem so so comfortable around her (during behind the scenes and interviews).

(4) Song Yoon Ah - liked her in The K2 (her role, not the drama) and seems to age gracefully. Love it whenever she posts nice piano pieces on her IG.

WHITE WINES

(1) Jun Ji Hyun and (2) Song Hye Kyo - I always check their works out (even though SHK has a tendency to do a bunch of melos which I don't really like), so gorgeous too!

(3) Yoo In Na - her works are usually not too heavy so I enjoy them (and her bubbly personality)

My current one-hit wonders are Jang Na Ra (for Fated to Love You and Go Back Couple) and Han Ji Min (for Radiant/Dazzling). I'm not sure about their other works but those dramas are some of my top favorites.

Also, Shin Min Ah - wish she was included in the list

RED WINES

I definitely always check out the works of (1) IU and (2) Park Shin Hye.

Not sure if (3) Han Hyo Joo should fall under here (western age) or white wine (korean age) but I always check her works ever since Shining Inheritance.

(4) Kim Go Eun (and Gong Hyo Jin)'s fashion sense are very comfy and huggable, not too much skin exposed. Their way of speaking is a bit husky too (which I like).

I just recently started enjoying Park Bo Young (for Doom) and Bae Suzy (for While You Were Sleeping).

Kim Ji Won (The Heirs, Arthdal Chronicles), Nam Ji Hyun (Shopping King Louis) and Hyeri (Reply 1988) aren't included in the list but I tend to check their works out too.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1
42 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

Kim Ji Won (The Heirs, Arthdal Chronicles), Nam Ji Hyun (Shopping King Louis) and Hyeri (Reply 1988) aren't included in the list but I tend to check their works out too.

Nice selection you got going there, and more importantly, I resonate with your sentiments/thinking, even if I did not end up voting SHK and KTH, for example. I check out a lot of their works, despite my personal preference. And yes, KTH's works are a lot hit or miss or tbh don't age well. However, Hi Bye Mama seems to be good?

Kim Ji Won really impressed me in Lovestruck in the City, so maybe try that. I first saw her in The Heirs and I started to sympathise with her "icy" character, then see her in Lovestruck where she has matured gracefully. Nam Ji Hyun I saw in Suspicious Partner of course, but I dropped 365. 

As for Hyeri, I can also recommend her newest drama, it's very light and fun: My Roommate is a Gumiho. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3
1 hour ago, Jiyuu said:

ROSE WINES

(1) Kim Tae Hee - definitely not the most versatile actress and the dramas she chooses usually end up disappointing me (like IRIS, Yong Pal and Jang Ok Jung) but I can never resist checking out her projects. She's so pretty and seems sooo nice in real life. Good thing she ended up with Rain.

(2) Ha Ji Won - wasn't a fan of her pre-2010 dramas but I loved her in King 2 Hearts and Empress Ki. Enjoy seeing her IG posts too (very artistic) and her guesting at House on the Wheels.

(3) Gong Hyo Jin - her works are always a safe choice to watch, very comforting. She has a knack for choosing likable projects and her co-stars always seem so so comfortable around her (during behind the scenes and interviews).

(4) Song Yoon Ah - liked her in The K2 (her role, not the drama) and seems to age gracefully. Love it whenever she posts nice piano pieces on her IG.

I like your choices Chingu, honestly, choosing from this list was the toughest for me too, I just love all of the actresses in the Rose Wine List :heart2beat:

For Kim Tae Hee, I loved her in IRIS, couldn't get to see her other dramas except for "Hi Bye Mama" from what I remember. Yong Pal is in my watchlist for sometime, so I will most probably watch it soon. 

Ha Ji Won has been exceptional for years now. I had watched more of her movies, and I think the first drama I watched by her was EK, followed by Hospital Ship. But I certainly look forward to her dramas. 

Gong Hyo Jin's projects have been quite memorable for me. I loved her in "Thank You", enjoyed "Master's Sun" and "The Greatest Love". Didn't watch her recent dramas though. 

Despite being around for years, "The K2" introduced Song Yoon Ah to me, and I have been following her works since then. Her movie "The Wedding Dress" was so beautiful yet sad. She has done a drama with similar plot called "Mama", which I have high in watchlist. 

1 hour ago, Jiyuu said:

WHITE WINES

(1) Jun Ji Hyun and (2) Song Hye Kyo - I always check their works out (even though SHK has a tendency to do a bunch of melos which I don't really like), so gorgeous too!

(3) Yoo In Na - her works are usually not too heavy so I enjoy them (and her bubbly personality)

My current one-hit wonders are Jang Na Ra (for Fated to Love You and Go Back Couple) and Han Ji Min (for Radiant/Dazzling). I'm not sure about their other works but those dramas are some of my top favorites.

Also, Shin Min Ah - wish she was included in the list

Gianna Jun has more movies under name than the dramas, but both her movies and dramas have usually turned out to be great. So when I see a movie with her in the cast list, it certainly goes in my watchlist, and if she is doing a drama, it will definitely go in my watchlist. 

Not too sure about SHK, I watched her in "DOTS", and it was good. But her other works I have not really watched. "The Winter, the wind blows" has been in my watchlist. Not sure when I will watch it though. 

Yoo In Na too has been choosing interesting dramas since I saw her in Goblin. I agree that her dramas are usually light and enjoyable. 

So I am gonna say it again, my Ultimate Noona is Jang Nara. :heart2beat:

I have watched most of her works, and don't really remember been disappointed by anyone of them. Her acting has been top class. I love her choice of dramas too, and with her choosing different kind of dramas and roles these days, I can't wait to see her next project :piggydance:

Han Ji Min and Shin Min Ah have been great actresses too. I have not really watched all of their works, but the ones I did were great. 

1 hour ago, Jiyuu said:

RED WINES

I definitely always check out the works of (1) IU and (2) Park Shin Hye.

Not sure if (3) Han Hyo Joo should fall under here (western age) or white wine (korean age) but I always check her works ever since Shining Inheritance.

(4) Kim Go Eun (and Gong Hyo Jin)'s fashion sense are very comfy and huggable, not too much skin exposed. Their way of speaking is a bit husky too (which I like).

I just recently started enjoying Park Bo Young (for Doom) and Bae Suzy (for While You Were Sleeping).

For too IU has been doing a great job in selecting great scripts. I enjoyed her "Hotel Del Luna", and I have heard some great reviews on "My Mister", so I will be watching it soon.

I loved Park Shin Hye's Pinocchio, it was a great drama and she was good in it. But post that I just watched her last 2 projects. While I enjoyed "Memories of Alhambra", I dropped "Sissyphus". In my opinion, her movie selection has been more interesting lately. 

I saw Han Hyo Joo in Dong Yi, one of my favorite Sageuks. Post that, I didn't watch her dramas, but watched her movies. Sorry Chingu that we could not include her in the list due the limitation on the number of options :heartxoxo:

Park Bo Young and Bae Suzy are not really the ones who would make me check out their dramas. But, in case of Park Bo Young, I have loved her choices in movies, so I usually end up watching her movies all the time. I liked Bae Suzy's "While you were Sleeping" though.

Kim Ji Won and Nam Ji Hyun have been choosing interesting works lately. Same is the case with Hyeri. I totally agree on this. :approves:

@twinkle_little_star, @Jiyuu Kim Go Eun for me may not be the most favorite actress, but her choice of works makes me at least check them out. If she chooses a script, I see the synopsis of the drama or movie, and if it is interesting I check them out. So yeah, she has been choosing good scripts when it comes to both dramas and movies. :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4
10 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Not too sure about SHK, I watched her in "DOTS", and it was good. But her other works I have not really watched. "The Winter, the wind blows" has been in my watchlist. Not sure when I will watch it though. 

I just had flashback to my earliest SHK drama - Full House. Song Hye Kyo is someone with star power, even back in 2004 she was such a powerful person, setting trends. I remember my relatives telling me to wear my hair like SHK in her drama (side ponytail), because everyone else is doing it :D  and they sold hair pins like the ones she wore in the drama. 

1da4b7da8584f88f93545dd16919b24f.jpg 

Honestly DOTS disappointed me as it was very weak to me and I didn't understand the fuss, still don't. It's just ok for me. 

That winter the wind blows is something I watched half in recent months. Sometimes taking up old dramas is very hard work as back then the cinematography was less experienced, but from what I remember the storyline is engaging enough! 

You and @confusedheart326 have talked about Thank You, a drama I hadn't heard about. I voted Gong Hyo Jin as I watched a couple of her works and they never disappointed, so now I'm tempted to pick this drama up despite it being from 2007 :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

IU, the voice and face of an angel.

Kim Tae Hee, effortless grace and dignity.

I started watching kdrama because of these 2 lovely ladies.  Don’t really follow celebrities and their lifestyle.  Don’t know most of their names.  Sorry, am last person to take part in this1

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thank You Chingus for participating in this event, and we hope that you all loved it :heartxoxo:

We hope to see you all in the next events, and till then, while we are on the topic,

spacer.png

Please don't forget to contact us in case you have ideas and suggestions regarding the events :biubiu:

Your Friendly Neighborhood and Resident Event Organizers

@Lmangla, @partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart326 and @Sleepy Owl

Tagging: 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Ah I miss the poll too.. Very sad. But  thank you for the event poll!

For Red Wine Unnie here my choices 
1) Moon Chae Won/Shin Hae Sun : Both great actresses, still watch only recent drama of them but looking forward to watch more

2) Park Eun Bin : Watch 2 dramas she was in Hot Stove League, and Judge vs Judge. And really like her.

3) Seo Hyun Jin (not in the list, not sure she willl be in Red Wine or White Whine) : I love her in RDTK 1, and looking forward to other dramas.

White Whine, well definitely most dramas I saw played by these actresses but my most favorite : 

1) Lee Da Hee : Her character in Search WWW is memorable for me.

2) Lee Ha Nee : Yes to Fiery Priest!  

3) Yoon Eun Hye : Who cannot forget Goong and Coffee Prince?

Rose Wine, to be honest my most favorite fall in this category and difficult to choose 4 but below : 

1) Bae Doona : Her Secret Forest is top notch

2) Kim Hye Soo : Signal, Hyena. Her image always strong, love it. 

3) Kim Tae Hee / Choi Ji Woo : These 2 are my first love in Kdramas, I mean I watched Winter Sonata first time and then I fall in love again in Kdramas while watching Iris 

4) Im Soo Jung (not in the list) : her role in Search WWW is imprinted on me, and also like her in Chicago Typewriter. 

But My ultimate unnie for me is this amazing yeoja, Ha Ji Won : 

Hiatus watching dramas for 10 years, watched again during pandemic. Watched several dramas then Vagabond's Lee Seung Gi lead me to King 2 Hearts and the rest is history for me.

For sure she is the most versatile actress in terms of choosing her dramas/movies. 

Sometimes I love and hate her choices, and I think the reason is because she is too adventurous to take projects. But anyway I'm still end up watching it because she always deliver the task well. And because of her I found the most gem I treasure right now, Chocolate Drama. Which is definitely not my type of drama but I love it so much because you find comfort in it. 

Well, fall in love because of her acting... but stick to her because you cannot get tired of her variety show guesting, interview, and vlog. In her personal life you always get amazed of her. 

img.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 3