[Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드

larus

by lo_ve, November 9, 2021

B1A4 member Cha Sun Woo (previously known as Baro) will be joining the cast of the upcoming Disney+ drama "Grid."

On November 9th, it was confirmed that Cha Sun Woo will be joining the upcoming Disney+ drama. It was revealed that he will be playing the role of Kim Ah Joong's character Jung Sae Byeok's younger brother. He's described as a brother who thinks highly of her sister, but whenever they have an encounter they only bicker. 

"Grid" is a sci-fi thriller drama that will be directed by Lee Khan ( "The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful"). The script will be penned by Lee Soo Yeon who was also the screenwriter for both seasons of "Stranger." The drama is set in 1997 wherein a mysterious existence saved humankind and then suddenly disappeared. The mysterious entity will reappear after 24 years and help a serial killer escape. 

Other cast members of the drama are Seo Kang Joon, Kim Mu Yeol, Lee Si Young, Kim Sung Kyun, Jang So Yeon, and more. 

Cha Sun Woo will portray the role of Jung Him Chan, the younger brother of Jung Sae Byeok.

"Grid" will exclusively air on Disney+ and it is scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2022.

BKAlq_2f.jpg

Cha Sun Woo got discharged from the military in February 2021. This will be his first drama project after his enlistment. The idol-actor last starred in the 2019 drama "Melting Me Softly" with Ji Chang Wook, Won Jin Ah, Yoon Se Ah, Im Won Hee, Shim Hyung Tak, Kim Won Hae, and more. 

He was also part of the dramas "Level Up," "Two Hearts," "Less Than Evil," "Manhole," "The Master of Revenge," "Angry Mom," "God's Gift: 14 Days," "Reply 1994," and more. 

Cha Sun Woo also starred in the 2021 film "Fearsome" with Jo Dong Hyuk, Lim Young Ju, Han Chae Kyung, Jang Seok Hyun, and Kwon Oh Jun

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/b1a4-s-baro-cha-sun-woo-to-star-on-disney-series-grid

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드/Zero (0), 제로(0) -Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Moo Yeol & Lee Si Youn- Premiers in first half 2022

New casting news!:).

JangSoYeon confirmed cast for Disney+ drama Grid, she will act as Choi Sun-ul who is the vice president of the executive office and knows the whole story of the incident that occurred 24 years ago.

ChaSunWoo confirmed cast for Disney+ drama Grid, he will act as KimAhJoong’s younger brother Jung Him-chan who cares about his sister more than anyone else but bickers whenever they make eye contact.

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드 -Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Moo Yeol & Lee Si Young- Premiers in first half 2022

What is Kim Ah-joong's Disney+ moment?

Ah-jung’s PCIK! Brave and beautiful Disney characters Shining like a princess Kim Ah-joong's beauty and elegant words!

#Grid Seo Kang-joon's Disney+

Why was [Coco] impressive to Seo Kang-joon?! “We all… Because I will die someday.. heh”

• Like 3

I'm watching this for Kim Moo Yeol.  But I think I'm gonna like the  below plot of this dramat too.. I like thriller mystery + serial killer in a genre. I'm not so much for sci-fi however. But this is Disney+ so..lets see

On 11/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, larus said:

The script will be penned by Lee Soo Yeon who was also the screenwriter for both seasons of "Stranger." The drama is set in 1997 wherein a mysterious existence saved humankind and then suddenly disappeared. The mysterious entity will reappear after 24 years and help a serial killer escape. 

They've added a new cast so.. they're still filming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jongski said:

They've added a new cast so.. they're still filming.

Not necessarily. They will announce a cast confirmation news up to the broadcast date. It happens all the time. They announced some casting news for Chimera last month when the drama has finished filming last year. :lol:

2 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm watching this for Kim Moo Yeol.  But I think I'm gonna like the  below plot of this dramat too.. I like thriller mystery + serial killer in a genre. I'm not so much for sci-fi however. But this is Disney+ so..lets see

I like all the cast. Of course, seeing Kim Moo yeol is a treat. I am looking for his Netflix drama also. I hope it will air soon. But I am looking also for Lee Soo Yeon`s writer next drama. I like her writing. I trust that she won`t disapoint but let see. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seo Kang Joon Discusses His Upcoming Projects, How He Has Changed Since His Debut, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 30, 2021
by L. Kim

Seo Kang Joon participated in a pictorial with Elle magazine before his military enlistment!

The actor shines in photos where he gazes at the camera with his deep, charismatic gaze.

During the interview, Seo Kang Joon talked about Disney+’s “Grid” [previously known as “Zero”] and the movie “Happy New Year.” He commented, “I started filming both works around May of this year. It would be nice if I could see the finished projects and be with you when they’re released. It’s a bit unfortunate that I won’t be able to do those things.”

seo-kang-joon-2-2.jpg

When asked what kind of person he seems to have become compared to what he was like when he debuted, he said, “The biggest change is that I enjoy the filming set, which used to be the object of fear. Now, I feel comfortable about how the things I prepared with my own subjectivity change little by little on the set. The filming site has now become a place where I can have fun.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1501249wpp/seo-kang-joon-discusses-his-upcoming-projects-how-he-has-changed-since-his-debut-and-more

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
January 19 2022

Teaser trailer & poster for Disney+ drama “Grid”

Grid-KD-tp01.jpeg

First teaser trailer and teaser poster added for Disney+ drama series “Grid” starring Seo Kang-Joon & Kim A-Joong. Captions on the teaser posters states “24 years ago, a ghost disappeared like the air. The ghost appeared again” and “Premeditated murder. Different future. Must find.” The drama series follows the premise of a mysterious ghost (Lee Si-Young) who created a grid that blocked the solar wind and saved humankind. The ghost appears again 24 years later and helps a serial killer (Kim Sung-Kyun) escape. Kim Sae-Ha (Seo Kang-Joon), Jung Sae-Byeok (Kim A-Joong ) and Song Eo-Jin (Kim Moo-Yul) chase the ghost for their own reasons. 

“Grid” will stream from February 16, 2022 on Disney+ Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: In 1997, a mysterious ghost (Lee Si-Young) saved humankind and then disappeared. The mysterious ghost appears again 24 years later and helps a serial killer’s (Kim Sung-Kyun) escape. Kim Sae-Ha (Seo Kang-Joon), Jung Sae-Byeok (Kim A-Joong) and Song Eo-Jin (Kim Moo-Yul) pursue the ghost for different reasons

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-poster-for-disney-drama-grid

• Like 3

Watch: Kim Ah Joong, Seo Kang Joon, And More Chase Down A Mysterious Ghost In “Grid” Trailer And Posters

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 20, 2022
by E. D

New teasers have been released for the upcoming drama “Grid”!

The Disney+ show is a mystery thriller about different individuals trying to track down a person known as “the Ghost” each for their own reasons. 24 years before, a shield known as “the Grid” was created by the Ghost to protect humanity from life-threatening solar winds. After its creation, the Ghost disappeared and did not reappear again until 24 years later, but this time as an accomplice of a murderer.

Kim Sae Ha (Seo Kang Joon) is a tracker for the Management Department”and is tenaciously tracking down the Ghost. Meanwhile, Jung Sae Byuk (Kim Ah Joong) is an investigator seeking to track down the Ghost after witnessing an incident involving them. Another Management Department” worker, Song Eo Jin (Kim Moo Yeol) initially denies the existence of the Ghost but soon gets caught up in the mystery as well. The unknown murderer Kim Ma Nok (Kim Sung Kyun) is provided protection by the Ghost (Lee Si Young).

The new posters, one in red and one in white, feature the characters looking tensely away from one another. The red poster includes the words, “The Ghost that disappeared into thin air 24 years ago has reappeared again,” at the top of the banner. On the white poster, the words, “A planned murder, a changed future, we must find them,” line the top.

grid-posters.jpeg

The new trailer is packed with exciting action scenes as the characters seek to find the Ghost. Despite their differing reasons, they’re all connected by the same drive to discover the mysterious identity of the Ghost. “Follow the mystery of the one who saved humanity,” appears in the middle of the trailer before there is a chase between characters. At the end of the trailer, the Ghost is seen in a room surrounded by red light before disappearing into thin air once again.

“Grid” will be available for streaming on Disney+ starting on February 16!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509112wpp/watch-kim-ah-joong-seo-kang-joon-and-more-chase-down-a-mysterious-ghost-in-grid-trailer-and-posters

• Like 1

'Grid' Director Lee Khan: 'Secret Forest' sci-fi thriller written by Lee Soo-yeon

OMKYAFHZB7ZMY5ZWBFW32FP5VM.jpg

According to director Lee khan, like Lee Soo-yeon's <Secret Forest>, you can expect the fun of "small details expand into huge stories" in the form of a 10-part series. “It starts with a murder case in a convenience store, and the story grows bigger and bigger. It's an excellent story where one murder ends up being a problem for the whole of humanity."

http://image.cine21.com/resize/cine21/person/2022/0119/18_08_14__61e7d4fe01642[W578-].jpg

Director Lee Khan, who had lived only watching movies for over 20 years, recently directed his first feature film <God's Hands: The Handmaiden>, and watched the world gradually change and expanded his gaze to dramas. “Originally, it was my dream to be recognized as a genre movie in Hollywood,” he said. The fact that it is a new work by Lee Soo-yeon, who gained great popularity with <Forest of Secrets>, raises expectations not only for director Regan, but also for viewers. Director Regan, who is shy about spoilers, was asked a question to get a hint about the reality of the 'mystery' that <Grid> will show, which leaves only detailed technical checks while the pre-production is complete.

What does 'grid' mean?

<Grid> is a mystery-tracking thriller between officers of the Bureau of Management and detectives of the police organization who uncover the truth about the mysterious existence that saved mankind from a great crisis. This is the only story line that has been revealed so far. According to director Lee Khan, who was in charge of directing, what the title 'Grid' refers to is a system that protects the Earth from the solar wind. The dictionary meaning of grid is grid pattern, and in the series, it is used to the extent that it means a protection device. What is noteworthy is that it is not a story of saving mankind from a crisis, but a story of tracking down the beings who have been ‘saved’ in the past. If so, is <Grid> a story of people protecting the earth from a huge, unknown attack that came from outside the earth? Or is it a story about people tracking people in such a crisis situation? First of all, director Regan says that <Grid> is “a story that saves the planet”. But that's not all. “The question of what is right” will follow, and in the process, he says, “the characters grow.”

Who are chasing the 'ghost'?

As the story begins, you will meet a management bureau that looks like an ordinary public service organization, but is actually doing a different job. ‘Kim Sae-ha’, played by Seo Kang-joon, and ‘Trung,’ played by Kim Mu-yeol, are employees of the management office who pursue the truth. Saeha's job is to find the 'ghost', the creator of the Shield Grid, who will save the Earth from crisis. It is also the reason he joined the management office. Erin catches an official report of a ghost, a disappearing woman she has been tracking for quite some time, and becomes entangled in an unexpected incident. The main job of Saeha and Eoin within the management office is tracking down ghosts. It is only later revealed why they pursue ghosts. Detective Jeong Sae-byeok, played by Kim Ah-joong, is a person who helps Sae-ha uncover the identity of the ghost.

more http://m.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=99517

• Like 1

Cast Of “Grid” Creates Mysterious Vibe That Shifts The Room At First Script Reading

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 20, 2022
by E. D

Disney+ has released some photos of the cast of “Grid” at their first script reading!

The upcoming Disney+ original show is a mystery thriller. An unknown being named “the Ghost” saved humanity 24 years before from life-threatening solar winds by creating a shield called “the Grid.” After the creation of the shield, the Ghost disappeared. 24 years later, the Ghost returns as an accomplice to an unknown murderer. The story follows different individuals chasing the Ghost for different reasons.

The script reading took place with writer Lee Soo Yeon and director Ri Gun, along with actors Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Moo Yeol, Kim Sung Kyun, Lee Si Young, Jang Seo Yeon, Song Sang Eun, Lee Gyu Hoe, Heo Joon Suk, and Kim Hyung Muk.

grid-cast.jpeg

Each of the actors got into character quickly and were able to portray the essence of the characters. Seo Kang Joon, who plays Kim Sae Ha, an employee at the organization known as “the management department,” evoked the attitude of an aggressive yet cynical character. Kim Ah Joong, who plays a detective named Jeong Sae Byeok who is determined to catch the Ghost, was able to deliver strong lines with a warmth accompanying them.

Fellow management department worker, Song Uh Jin, who denies the existence of the Ghost, is played by Kim Moo Yeol. The heavy tone of his voice brought a mysteriousness to his character. The murderer named Kim Ma Nok, who is protected by the Ghost, is played by Kim Sung Kyun, who captured the room with his eyes and facial expressions. And Lee Si Young, who plays the Ghost, was an unapproachable and mysterious force among all of them.

After completing the practice, the cast said, “The worldview of the script is large, so as we read it and imagined how it will be shown, it was so fun. We are confident that we can create a drama that exceeds expectations of what a drama can typically show. Writer Lee Soo Yeon didn’t betray expectations and along with the performances by the actors, it’s a perfect harmony. Please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509205wpp/cast-of-grid-creates-mysterious-vibe-that-shifts-the-room-at-first-script-reading

• Like 2

Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, And More Pursue Their Own Mysterious Objectives In Upcoming Thriller “Grid”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 21, 2022
by S. Nam

Disney+ released new stills of the main characters in “Grid”!

The upcoming drama is a mystery thriller about different individuals trying to track down a person known as “the Ghost” each for their own reasons. 24 years before, the Ghost created a shield known as “the Grid” to protect humanity from life-threatening solar winds. After its creation, the Ghost disappeared and did not reappear again until 24 years later, but this time as an accomplice of a murderer. The drama is penned by Lee Soo Yeon of “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) and helmed by director Lee Khan of “The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful.”

Kim Sae Ha (Seo Kang Joon) is an employee of the Management Department who tenaciously chases after the Ghost, while Jang Sae Byuk (Kim Ah Joong) is a violent crimes detective who follows the case involving the Ghost after witnessing her at the scene of a crime. Kim Sae Ha will coincidentally run head-on into the murder suspect and become the first to report the incident. Jang Sae Byuk is the detective who arrives on site following the call, leading to their first encounter. The mystery in “Grid” begins when a strange phenomenon occurs in which the accomplice who helps the criminal escape disappears into thin air.

Seo-Kang-Joon.jpeg

Having impressed with his suspenseful role in “Watcher,” Seo Kang Joon will once again exude a powerful aura as he transforms into Kim Sae Ha. The actor’s stubborn and intense gaze conveys his character’s desperation to discover the truth behind the Ghost. Kim Ah Joong also transforms flawlessly into her character for the upcoming thriller, and she will not hold back in portraying the difficult action scenes as her character struggles after landing herself in a huge mystery.

Kim-Ah-Joong.jpeg

Song Eo Jin (Kim Moo Yeol) is a fellow employee of the Management Department who denies the existence of the Ghost. Behind his frigid expression is a cold gaze that is difficult to read. His goal is to leave the Management Department as soon as he can because he cannot understand his coworkers or the secretariat telling him to find the “disappearing woman.” However, after getting his hands on an official report regarding the woman who disappears right before people’s eyes, Song Eo Jin falls into a state of confusion. Using attention to detail, Kim Moo Yeol skillfully portrays his upright and ordinary government employee character who appears to harbor a mystery on the inside.

Spoiler

Kim-Moo-Yeol.jpeg

Kim Ma Nok (Kim Sung Kyun) is an unidentifiable murderer who has no exact date of birth, family, or friends. However, the mysterious Ghost appears and helps him, raising questions about why she is assisting him. Even while wearing a hat to cover his face and blend in with the crowd, Kim Sung Kyun still exudes a threatening aura.

Spoiler

Kim-Sung-Kyun.jpeg

Finally, the Ghost (Lee Si Young) is a key figure in the grid who the four characters above are chasing after for different reasons. In 1997, she created the Grid to protect humanity from life-threatening solar winds. However, the reason why she reappears after 24 years is to help a murder. Lee Si Young completely immerses herself into her character from her expression to her stance, creating a mysterious and unapproachable atmosphere.

Spoiler

Lee-Si-Young.jpeg

The production team of “Grid” shared, “Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Moo Yeool, Kim Sung Kyun, and Lee Si Young focused on the situation created by the special background of the Grid, which is a global shield that saved humanity from the end of the world due to solar winds, and they showcased acting in which they became one with their characters. Please anticipate the true nature of the growing mystery that began with one murder case as well as the heated performance of the people who started to chase the Ghost each for their own motives.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509310wpp/seo-kang-joon-kim-ah-joong-and-more-pursue-their-own-mysterious-objectives-in-upcoming-thriller-grid

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2022] Grid, 그리드 -Seo Kang Joon, Kim Ah Joong, Kim Moo Yeol & Lee Si Young- Premiers on February 16

New Disney+ Kdrama 'GRID' TRAILER #1 | ft. Lee Si-Young, Seo Kang-Joon, Kim A-Joong [그리드] [eng sub]

[Grid] Script Reading Site Release | A class of grid actors who turn the scene into a movie with overwhelming charisma | Disney+

• Like 2

Watch: Seo Kang Joon And Kim Ah Joong Will Do Anything To Catch Lee Si Young In New Teasers For “Grid”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 25, 2022
by L. Kim

A new poster and teaser have been released for the new Disney+ series “Grid”!

The mystery thriller is about different individuals trying to track down a person known as “the Ghost” each for their own reasons. 24 years before, the Ghost created a shield known as “the Grid” to protect humanity from life-threatening solar winds. After its creation, the Ghost disappeared and did not reappear again until 24 years later, but this time as an accomplice of a murderer.

The newly released posters share a glimpse of Kim Sae Ha (Seo Kang Joon), an employee of the Management Department who tenaciously chases after the Ghost, Jang Sae Byuk (Kim Ah Joong), a violent crimes detective who follows the case involving the Ghost after witnessing her at the scene of the crime, and the Ghost (Lee Si Young), a key figure in the grid who is being chased for different reasons.

The first poster depicts Kim Sae Ha standing in the middle of the city during the daytime. It is divided into three sections, and although the first and third parts depict a ruined city, the center part where he’s standing looks completely normal. The text on the poster reads, “I need to catch the savior of mankind who disappeared 24 years ago.”

Seo-Kang-Joon-6.jpg

The next poster features Jang Se Byuk. It is similar to Kim Sae Ha’s, except for the fact that it’s nighttime for her. The text reads, “The killer’s accomplice disappeared in front of my eyes,” hinting her different goal for hunting the Ghost.

Spoiler

kim-ah-joong.jpg

The Ghost’s poster is completely different from the other two characters. Although the first and third sections showcase a normal city, the center part where she stands captures a completely destroyed world. The mysterious text on the poster reads, “The savior of mankind VS. the accomplice of a killer,” making viewers wonder about her true identity.

Spoiler

lee-si-young.jpg

As the background fills with tense music that increases one’s heartbeat, the words “Chase the mysterious being who saved mankind” flash across the screen. Kim Sae Ha shows desperation and urgency as he claims, “You don’t know how I came all the way here.” The Ghost mysteriously warns, “Don’t get in the way.”

The video also previews Jang Se Byuk’s gripping fights with the Ghost and Kim Ma Nok (Kim Sung Kyun), an unidentifiable murderer who has no exact date of birth, family, or friends.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509961wpp/watch-seo-kang-joon-and-kim-ah-joong-will-do-anything-to-catch-lee-si-young-in-new-teasers-for-grid

• Like 1

Seo Kang Joon Shares Thoughts About Upcoming Drama “Grid” And Maturing As An Actor

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 25, 2022
by L. Kim

Seo Kang Joon recently participated in a photo shoot with Marie Claire!

He exuded a cold yet soft winter vibe as he posed in stylish sweaters and coats.

seo-kang-joon-2.jpg

In the following interview, Seo Kang Joon talked about his upcoming Disney+ drama “Grid.”

The upcoming drama is a mystery thriller about different individuals trying to track down a person known as “the Ghost” each for their own reasons. 24 years before, the Ghost created a shield known as “the Grid” to protect humanity from life-threatening solar winds. After its creation, the Ghost disappeared and did not reappear again until 24 years later, but this time as an accomplice of a murderer. The drama is penned by Lee Soo Yeon of “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) and helmed by director Lee Khan of “The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful.”

Seo Kang Joon takes the role of Kim Sae Ha, an employee of the Management Department who tenaciously chases after the Ghost.

The actor shared his first impression of the drama, saying, “When I started reading the script, I felt that it was ‘extraordinary.’ It was not a simple structure in which various subjects and events are organized so that the story can unfold.”

He also added that he made a lot of effort to portray the true side of Kim Sae Ha. He remarked, “Sae Ha runs forward with only one important purpose.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1509943wpp/seo-kang-joon-shares-thoughts-about-upcoming-drama-grid-and-maturing-as-an-actor

• Like 1

The chase begins in new promos for Disney+’s Grid

by tccolb

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/thgrth.jpg

Grid-KD-tp01.jpeg

The Disney+ mystery action-thriller Grid has released new promos ahead of its premiere next month, including photos from the first script reading (from last May), and a new video teaser and character stills.

The story imagines an earth that would have been destroyed by solar winds if not for the saving act of a being called Ghost. After creating a protective grid barrier around the world, she disappeared without a trace and now, 24 years later, she has mysteriously returned.

In an ensemble cast, Seo Kang-joon (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day), Kim Ah-joong (Live Up to Your Name), and Kim Mu-yeol (Juvenile Justice) are part of the government and police groups who are chasing Ghost and determined to find as much information as they can.

Meanwhile, the criminal and murderer Kim Sung-kyun (D.P.) unexpectedly finds himself under the protection of Lee Shi-young (Sweet Home), who plays the unknowable Ghost.

Supporting cast includes Jang So-yeon (The Game: Towards Zero), Song Sang-eun (Dark Hole), Heo Joon-seok (Our Beloved Summer), and Kim Hyung-mook (Vincenzo) among others.

The teaser begins with Seo Kang-joon deep in investigations and he reasons, “Rather than us going out to look for [Ghost], we need to make her come looking for us.” As Kim Ah-joong and Kim Mu-yeol help look for clues, Kim Ah-joong wonders, “Why did she appear in front of me?” and we flashback to when she witnessed Ghost disappearing in front of her. In contrast, the disinterested Kim Mu-yeol muses, “Even if her identity is revealed, it doesn’t matter.”

Next, we jump to a text screen which reads, “Pursue the mysterious being who saved humankind” before the teaser cuts to Kim Sung-kyun screaming in frustration: “If I catch you, you’re dead!” In a quick sequence, we see Lee Shi-young on the chase. Giving a small laugh, Lee warns, “Don’t let it slip out of your hands.”

Production for Grid has been led by writer Lee Soo-yeon (Forest of Secrets 1, 2) along with directors, Khan Lee (The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful) and Park Chul-hwan. The Disney+ drama premieres on February 16.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/the-chase-begins-in-new-promos-for-disneys-grid/

• Like 1