Quick poll: fashion terrorist? fashionista brilliance?

who is the designer?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the fashion choices of stepmom? (pick as many as you like)

• the 80s are back baby!! woo hoo!!
    • am cracking up, thanks for making me laugh
    • what the????? someone actually wore this for a drama? was this character funny?
    • fashion terrorist! (okay am saying this in a very loving hahahah tone)
    • fashionista! - this is high couture!
    • she seems confident LOL. you wear what you like girl!
    • I don't know a thing about fashion, don't ask me.
    • am confused?! some of it is kind of fun but some of it is kind of bad? hahahahha
  2. 2. Would you wear any of these? (pick as many as you like)

• kekeke... not even if you paid me!
    • hahaha... well maybe if you paid me?!
    • sure, why not! lets jazz up the office
    • well, it might be fun to wear for a party with friends and have a laugh?
    • I don't understand fashion.
    • am confused?! some of it is kind of fun but some of it is kind of bad? hahahahha
  3. 3. which of these are your favourite - whether it is for laughs or colour or design? (pick as many as you like)

• "give me a twirl" - give me sunshine (Left)
    • "a bag of flowers" - give me sunshine (middle)
    • "the golden queen" - give me sunshine (right)
    • "NASA space suit" - life is glitter (left)
    • "lets disco at work!" - life is glitter (middle)
    • "I am the dance aunty" - life is glitter (right)
    • "balloon dress - for days when you feel bloated" - sometimes life is blue (left)
    • "I want to break someone's head" - sometimes life is blue (middle)
    • "I need to slap someone. do I look fabulous?" - sometimes life is blue (right)
    • None of them!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2021 at 04:00 PM

another month has started! can you believe it?

one of the daily drama threads has this character stepmom who is all evil. but more than her actions, it is her fashion choices that had viewers chuckling for months. so we are spreading the laughs to the rest of the community. feel free to vote even if you haven't watched the drama "Miss Monte Cristo" 

character description: evil stepmom is the head of a fashion company called Jewang Group. LOL. 

1. Give me sunshine 

left - "give me a twirl"

middle - "a bag of flowers"

right - "the golden queen" 

give-me-sunshine.jpg 

2. Life is glitter

left - "NASA space suit"

middle - "lets disco at work!"

right - "I am the dance aunty"

life-is-glitter.jpg 

3. When life is blue

left - "balloon dress - for days when you feel bloated"

middle - "I want to break someone's head"

right - "I need to slap someone. do I look fabulous?"

life-is-blue.jpgwhat are your favourites? kekeke... it is a quick poll and will be open for 48 hours. pali! 

were there any fashion choices in recent drama that made you go "wow!"? or did it raise your eyebrow? or did it make you laugh? share, share, share! lets have fun. :)

P.S ~ all feelings on fashion choices are personal and may differ from person to person. :D kekeke... 

your event organizers:

@Sleepy Owl, @partyon , @Lmangla

tagging Miss M thread chingus:

tagging other chingus...

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @Amirr @xiashenghan @larus @sadthe1st @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Lara2020  @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85 @shipper @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @hushhh @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady @Fangirl22 @willenette @rocher22 @NPR @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535 @croquembouche2018 @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee @Babam @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637 @Indianfan @haha1999 @BinjinFangirl @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara @im0202 @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool @Gina Nazario @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @kittyna @joybran @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie @Yippeun_eonnie @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter @gy_pyang_gy @katakwasabi   @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe @Nodame @booha @iksunijini @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Mocharel @westley @maria_m2me  @Adwina Oltariani @pauliza @Lj @princessaves  @mocha @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101 @Soar Wi @Lyricalstars @agenth @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz @makyno @tsukino7 @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts @miraliyana90 @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @vangie_bicera @tothestars  

@pad-hari  @Lavenderpurple @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen @adzukibean_rcl @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @Phoenix26  @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby @doralok  @belena @NYdoc @HappyForLove @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat  @Calli  @morganian  @lovehuche  @confusedheart326  @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @iluvcalculus  @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.  @fanofr  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

If I was a rich madam, I wouldn't mind wearing one of those. After all, it's called haute couture and they all have personal stylist etc and barely have to lift a finger.

Me: 

Good Morning GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 1

Yet pure but too stupid to live daily drama heroine will always look like orphanage charity Donation. Oh, Daily dramas never change! 

(whispers) But. No really. Please do. 

• LOL 9

Evil stepmum is a great actress. Nobody could wear those clothes esp the NASA suit and the twirl, (oh please, she is supposed to be a grand mother) and not roll on the floor. She was slapping and snapping at high octave throughout the 80 episodes. There are 20 more episodes, but I think the clothe that will win hands down with Miss M's chingus will be the orange jumpsuit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 1

Oscar De La Renta would wake up for his death if he saw this. Even haute couture designer will end up bawling with those creation. :crymeme:

This is my first time seeing a female actress wore a haute couture fashion in k-drama :crazily:

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, maribella said:

Evil stepmum is a great actress. Nobody could wear those clothes esp the NASA suit and the twirl, (oh please, she is supposed to be a grand mother) and not roll on the floor. She was slapping and snapping at high octave throughout the 80 episodes

kekekke... now that you bring it up, she is a great actress LOL. I had to put pause and laugh hysterically when I saw the nasa space suit but stepmom was just walking briskly and snarling. gee!

1 hour ago, rukizie said:

Even haute couture designer will end up bawling with those creation.

some of the cuts were so hilarious that you have to laugh. like "I need to slap someone" (blue right) outfit. it looked like a cross between an armour + plus some twirl skirt + stitched on gloves. I had to pause to check out the details instead of seeing the glorious slap and yelling. 

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Its all in the collars baby ... all in the collars ... :rolleyes:

the PD loved highlighting her collars. while choosing the outfits, found that half the shots were of her sitting in the table planning something. guess those collars acted like good antennas for thinking? :lol:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I think her dress motto is "shining, shimmering, splendid". Missed on splendid, LOL!

there were so many patchwork embroidery + shiny material of every colour that at one point, I wondered if the designer was taking satin bedspreads and ripping them apart to make clothes for this character. :lol:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I can't tell if her stylist needs a raise or to be fired. All I know is that I need a Tylenol daily after watching her on screen with those loud outfits.

• LOL 6

I love her though I have never watched the drama! She is dazzling in every sense of the word! :crazy: My eyes, oh my eyes, blinded by her fashion sense.:D Definitely, stands out!:w00t: I know where to get my clothes if I want to stand out at an office party.:ph34r:

She is too sexy for Milan, too sexy for Milan
New York, and Japan!:coolshades:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
17 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

I love her though I have never watched the drama! She is dazzling in every sense of the word! :crazy: My eyes, oh my eyes, blinded by her fashion sense.:D Definitely, stands out!:w00t: I know where to get my clothes if I want to stand out at an office party.:ph34r:

She is too sexy for Milan, too sexy for Milan
New York, and Japan!

@confusedheart326, like you, I have never watched the drama, too. But, well, I participated in the poll, anyway. I love the "give me sunshine collection" - For me, when it comes to choosing a fashion style there is no right or wrong. You can opt for looking classy or punk, trendy or casual. The only no-no is looking cheap, and that has nothing to do with the price of your outfit. Many times it's little things that stand in the way of you becoming a fashionista. Although, excessive glitter is NO for me. As a rule, it calls for an appropriate occasion. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

@Lmangla Yes, Yes, I do know of a character who raised my eyebrows sky high. Boo Hye-ryung, Sa-hyeon's wife from Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce). I am not sure what kind of look is she aiming for. Goth look ? She is a fashionista and definitely follows the latest trends, always dressed in a chic manner. It is just her eye make-up. :ph34r:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
9 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

@Lmangla Yes, Yes, I do know of a character who raised my eyebrows sky high. Boo Hye-ryung, Sa-hyeon's wife from Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce). I am not sure what kind of look is she aiming for. Goth look ? She is a fashionista and definitely follows the latest trends, always dressed in a chic manner. It is just her eye make-up. :ph34r:

Honestly I suspect my dislike for her started when I saw her eyemakeup looking like an evil panda. It didn't help that whenever she opened her mouth and what came out of it. 

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

@agenthShe's sexy, you know. I can totally understand what attracted Pan Sa-hyeon to her, so much so that he decided to marry her. The cool, confident way she carries herself, the way she is always dressed so fashionably any man would be attracted towards her. However, she eye make up is definitely an issue. However, I cannot recall, if she had a similar gothic eye look in the past, meaning before getting married.  I think she looked 'normal' then. I think she was given the goth look because she is a drummer of a metal band. So stereotyping is a must. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1