Are you still looking at the ratings??

In Korea, advertisers are still looking to the ratings. Their local industry is getting big support from these shows in terms of marketing local products. Imagine a 5.1% nationwide TV rating equals 1.1 million viewers when Law School premiered in April.

As an international fan, I do also look up to these numbers in choosing what drama/s I need to include in my list. There’s a lot of expansion projects going on in reaching the global audience.

Check the latest from Tuesday’s drama sched. Source: “Youth Of May” Takes Back No. 1 Spot As “Racket Boys” Sees Drop In Ratings For 2nd Episode

• 1 month later...

Honestly for me, personally, i do not look at the ratings. I've watched series that had high ratings and were all over different platforms that i couldn't miss it. Checked them out and were not to my liking. Then again, i may just be picky and like certain styles and type.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 4:36 AM, miss_vicky said:

Honestly for me, personally, i do not look at the ratings. I've watched series that had high ratings and were all over different platforms that i couldn't miss it. Checked them out and were not to my liking. Then again, i may just be picky and like certain styles and type.

If you're into buying official merchandise, ratings will help you buy stuffs from the drama :)

2 hours ago, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

If you're into buying official merchandise, ratings will help you buy stuffs from the drama :)

wow really? i never thought about that or think it would have such official merch. then again, i shouldn't be surprise since things have come a long way over the years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miss_vicky said:

wow really? i never thought about that or think it would have such official merch. then again, i shouldn't be surprise since things have come a long way over the years.

Of course, korean dramas are advertising platforms of Korean brands :) 

Take this as an example: Nevertheless official merchandise

• 3 weeks later...

Admit it or not, ratings do really have a big impact to the whole team and to the production as well. This does not only apply to dramas but to variety shows as well. Ratings reflect whether viewers liked it or not. Some dramas and shows were cut short because of very low ratings and some are also extended because of high ratings. Personally, I do sometimes check the ratings to gauge the situation and see how well it was received in SK since we can't do anything. We might like what we are watching but koreans might not like it so it is helpful to see the ratings from time to time to gauge for possibilities of extension or cancellation. Usually, ratings also has an effect on the year-end awards. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's all about the premise for me. Rating can be misleading... there are some highly rated dramas that I've dropped, and some lowkey dramas I love. Though... if I see a lot of people having gripes about it I'll steer clear. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Version IT Private Limited is not a mere software training institute, a team of IT professionals developed it as the best knowledge center for hundreds of career-building conscious young people. Our training academy is the best training institute in Hyderabad offering various software courses with aptly placement orientation. We proudly announce that we achieved 100% placements in every batch we have taken up in the past two decades. Version IT Academy’s strength is our academic excellence with which we have been placed in the top position among the software training institutes in Hyderabad.

KEY FEATURES:

At Version IT training institute, we will provide guidance, support, and advice on all the matters relating to your course right from the day you enroll. Our trainers are highly committed to your success in the industry, and they will help you earn industry-recognized qualifications and required skills. Commit yourself to a bright future.

COURSES OFFERED:

Version IT Provides SAP ABAP, Basis, Fico, SD, MM, SAC, GRC & Security, HR/HCM, ADF,ADB, AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps, Snowflake, DevOps, etc.,https://www.versionit.org/index.html

CONTACT US:

Address: 46, SAP Street, Behind HMDA Mytrivanam, Ameerpet, Hyderabad - 500038.
Call me/Ping me WhatsApp ; 9014629911 / 9030163724.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems like TV ratings are an important factor for advertisers and viewers in Korea. The popularity of shows can drive marketing for local products and influence international fans' choices in dramas, the industry is making efforts to reach a global audience through expansion projects.

• 2 months later...

While ratings may not be the only factor to consider when choosing which dramas to watch, it is true that they are still an important metric in the Korean entertainment industry. Ratings can indicate the popularity and success of a drama, and can influence decisions on renewals or extensions, casting choices, and future productions. Additionally, high ratings can attract more advertising revenue and sponsorships, which can contribute to the financial success of a drama. As an international fan, it's understandable to consider ratings as a factor in choosing what dramas to watch, as it can give some indication of the overall popularity and reception of a drama in its home country. However, it's important to also consider personal preferences and tastes, as well as reviews and recommendations from other viewers, when making your own list of dramas to watch.

• ferily locked this topic