[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Go Yoon Jung, And Hwang Minhyun Are Intertwined By Fate In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has dropped another intriguing teaser!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

The new teaser begins with the narration, “The power of the ice stone is too much to handle.” Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang) gives Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) a sharp warning, “You will die if you take out the ice stone within you.” Although Jang Wook technically died in the ending of Part 1, he returned alive due to the power of the ice stone.

A whirlwind of events begins to take place with the arrival of a mysterious woman who has lost her memories of her previous identity as Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung). When the woman appears, the blue jade that Jang Wook shared as a symbol of love with his lover begins to respond. Furthermore, she seems to see the ice stone within him, asking, “Will you be at ease if that’s removed?” while touching his chest.

The woman also tears up beneath the large tree in Danhyanggok Village. Since the tree holds special memories for Jang Wook and his lover, viewers are curious to find out what the place will mean to the woman who has lost her memories. More questions about their relationship are raised as Jin Ho Kyung (Park Eun Hye) narrates, “They will never be able to recognize each other.”

Meanwhile, Seo Yul (Hwang Minhyun) still appears to be in a state of great pain. As he looks affectionately at someone, Seo Yul remarks, “I was wondering if we had met before.”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2″ will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out another teaser for Part 2 here!

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Go Yoon Jung, And Hwang Minhyun Are Intertwined By Fate In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know how Part 1 ended because I took a peek when my wife was watching it. But I was clueless with the background stories so I continued watching during the weekend. Up to ep 11 now and planning to finished it before Dec 11 so that I won't be late for the Part 2 party.

Unlike many people I know I'm looking forward to the new leading lady.

• Like 2

Seriously I don't understand the comments made against Go Yoon-jung during her walk in the Blue Dragon Film Awards. Admittedly she looked a bit stiff, seem lost and obviously nervous but that's no reason to say bad things about her.

The comments probably came from people who can't get over the fact that she is replacing Jung So-min as Naksu. But she is the real Naksu as shown and stated many times in Part 1.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bojun said:

Seriously I don't understand the comments made against Go Yoon-jung during her walk in the Blue Dragon Film Awards. Admittedly she looked a bit stiff, seem lost and obviously nervous but that's no reason to say bad things about her.

The comments probably came from people who can't get over the fact that she is replacing Jung So-min as Naksu. But she is the real Naksu as shown and stated many times in Part 1.  

I feel like TVN could have handled this a bit better. I think they didn't want to spoil things, but if they'd just said straight up that both girls were playing Naksu from the beginning, maybe it would have gone down better. 

That said--the tension between fans makes me sad. They both play the same character! It's not Mudeok versus Naksu. They are literally the SAME PERSON. I think it's a reasonable reaction to say, wait, what?! You're switching out the lead actress after 20 episodes?! That does not mean "I hate the other actress." It just means that you aren't sure about attaching to a different actress at this stage of the game (regardless who it is--I'm sure the reaction would be the same if it was JSM starting and GYJ carrying on for most of 20 episodes). OTOH it's not like we've never seen GYJ before? She literally started the drama AND has been voicing most of the internal dialogue over those past 20 episodes. And you know...it's a drama about soul shifting. That's the entire point. It's not "Mudeok for Uk and Naksu for Yul." Yeong/Naksu/Mudeok/whatever you want to call the girl--it's one person, she and Uk are endgame. And she's been through a LOT. So instead of comparing the two and arguing over who is better, I'd rather support both of them. I'm invested in the story a lot by now, and just want to see this girl pull through and finally get a happy life. (PLEASE, Hong Sisters. I'm BEGGING YOU.)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I feel like TVN could have handled this a bit better. I think they didn't want to spoil things, but if they'd just said straight up that both girls were playing Naksu from the beginning, maybe it would have gone down better. 

That said--I find the tension between fans really irritating. They both play the same character! It's not Mudeok versus Naksu. They are literally the SAME PERSON. I think it's a reasonable reaction to say, wait, what?! You're switching out the lead actress after 20 episodes?! That does not mean "I hate the other actress." It just means that you aren't sure about attaching to a different actress at this stage of the game (regardless who it is). OTOH it's not like we've never seen GYJ before? She literally started the drama AND has been voicing most of the internal dialogue over those past 20 episodes. And you know...it's a drama about soul shifting. That's the entire point. It's not "Mudeok for Uk and Naksu for Yul." Yeong/Naksu/Mudeok/whatever you want to call the girl--it's one person, she and Uk are endgame. And she's been through a LOT. So instead of comparing the two and arguing over who is better, I'd rather support both of them. I'm invested in the story a lot by now, and just want to see this girl pull through and finally get a happy life. (PLEASE, Hong Sister. I'm BEGGING YOU.)

Completely agree with every thing you said and yes I hope we have a happy ending. But the Hong sisters are notorious for the female lead dying (i.e. My Girlfriend is Gumiho, A Korean Odyssey and Hotel Del Luna). I don't know if true but in the case of MGIG and HDL the director made the decision of making an ending that will satisfy the fans.

• Like 2

Just now, Bojun said:

Completely agree with every thing you said and yes I hope we have a happy ending. But the Hong sisters are notorious for the female lead dying (i.e. My Girlfriend is Gumiho, A Korean Odyssey and Hotel Del Luna). I don't know if true but in the case of MGIG and HDL the director made the decision of making an ending that will satisfy the fans.

I don't remember Gumiho having a sad ending, but I'm aware of the other two. They also wrote Master's Sun...long ago...so I cling to that hope, lol. I am hoping very much that the director steps in and says, look, we have already had a horrifically sad ending to part 1, can we go the other direction this time??

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I don't remember Gumiho having a sad ending, but I'm aware of the other two. They also wrote Master's Sun...long ago...so I cling to that hope, lol. I am hoping very much that the director steps in and says, look, we have already had a horrifically sad ending to part 1, can we go the other direction this time??

Don't quote me but I read somewhere that the part of Gumiho reincarnating wasn't in the original version but added because the fans wanted a happy ending. Even in HDL they said the original Hong sisters ending was when Man Wol was walking in the bridge to the afterlife, but the director made the decision to add the ending of the two leads meeting in the park. Whether that meeting really happened or was all in the imagination has been a subject of serious debate in a couple of forums I've visited.

And yes Master's Sun did have a happy ending.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bojun said:

Don't quote me but I read somewhere that the part of Gumiho reincarnating wasn't in the original version but added because the fans wanted a happy ending. Even in HDL they said the original Hong sisters ending was when Man Wol was walking in the bridge to the afterlife, but the director made the decision to add the ending of the two leads meeting in the park. Whether that meeting really happened or was all in the imagination has been a subject of serious debate in a couple of forums I've visited.

And yes Master's Sun did have a happy ending.

Then I am cheering on the director, lol. 

Hopefully after the outcry over several TVN drama endings this year, they'll decide to try something new and give the viewers hope at the end...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook’s And Go Yoon Jung’s Romantic Gazes Convey More Than Words In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Poster

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has dropped another breathtaking poster of the two leads!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

On November 30, tvN released a new poster which captures Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) and Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung) making super close eye contact. The text that reads, “You, the only one who shines deep in my darkness,” depicts Jang Wook, who became a monster himself to catch monsters, being attracted to a woman with the face of Nak Soo who has lost her memory.

The poster perfectly portrays the dazzling moment of the two falling for each other when everything around them turns into light. In particular, the gazes of the two show a glimpse of them being instinctively attracted to each other as if they found a silver lining that will save them from deep darkness, making viewers’ hearts flutter. Anticipation is high for the chemistry created by the two.

alchemy-of-souls-part2_duo-poster-1076x1

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2″ will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for Part 2 here!

Lee Jae Wook’s And Go Yoon Jung’s Romantic Gazes Convey More Than Words In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Poster | Soompi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, frozentundra said:

That said--the tension between fans makes me sad. They both play the same character! It's not Mudeok versus Naksu. They are literally the SAME PERSON. I think it's a reasonable reaction to say, wait, what?! You're switching out the lead actress after 20 episodes?! That does not mean "I hate the other actress." It just means that you aren't sure about attaching to a different actress at this stage of the game (regardless who it is--I'm sure the reaction would be the same if it was JSM starting and GYJ carrying on for most of 20 episodes). OTOH it's not like we've never seen GYJ before? She literally started the drama AND has been voicing most of the internal dialogue over those past 20 episodes. And you know...it's a drama about soul shifting. That's the entire point. It's not "Mudeok for Uk and Naksu for Yul." Yeong/Naksu/Mudeok/whatever you want to call the girl--it's one person, she and Uk are endgame. And she's been through a LOT. So instead of comparing the two and arguing over who is better, I'd rather support both of them. I'm invested in the story a lot by now, and just want to see this girl pull through and finally get a happy life. (PLEASE, Hong Sisters. I'm BEGGING YOU.)

first of all i don't think GYJ has gotten too many bad reviews, i've read quite a lot of really good reviews about her beauty, her elegance etc, i think that's not a problem
Then concerning the change of actress, I think it can be a little sensitive, we have an actress like JSM who accepted this lead female role in a drama which today became a worldwide hit, many fans continue to talk about her, now there is certainly the one who was there at the beginning GYJ but she becomes the lead in the second part of such a popular drama, it's not nothing. I think that from the moment everything is clear between the production and the actresses, then everyone should be happy, life goes on.
I'm excited for this second part

• Like 1