[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Gears Up For Part 2 With Group Poster

Get ready for the return of tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1—next month. A newly released group poster for the drama announces the return of most of the starring cast, with one key exception: instead of Jung So Min, who played Mu Deok in Part 1, Part 2 will star Go Yoon Jung as Nak Soo, who previously inhabited Mu Deok’s body in the first season.

Lee Jae Wook will return as Jang Wook, who survived after being pushed to the brink of death at the end of Part 1. Three years later, Jang Wook is clad in all black, exuding an intimidating aura as a “monster who hunts monsters.”

Former NU’EST member Hwang Minhyun will reprise his role as Seo Youl, the genius scion of the noble Seo family, who will face danger as he suffers unimaginable pain in Part 2.

Shin Seung Ho will also return as the crown prince Go Won, who has now learned the secret of the true line of succession to the throne. It remains to be seen what kind of relationship he will form with Jang Wook, whom he now knows to be the true heir to the throne, in Part 2.

Oh My Girl’s Arin and Yoo In Soo will reprise their respective roles as Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dan Gu, who previously became engaged, while Yoo Joon Sang and Oh Na Ra will return as Park Jin and Kim Do Joo, who had a will-they-won’t-they romance in Part 1.

Alchemy-of-Souls-Part-2-768x404.jpeg

“Alchemy of Souls” Part 2 will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out the first teaser for Part 2 here!

“Alchemy Of Souls” Gears Up For Part 2 With Group Poster | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook Returns As A Heartbroken Monster In “Alchemy Of Souls” Part 2

Lee Jae Wook is set to return for the upcoming season of “Alchemy of Souls” with an upgraded charm!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

After Part 1 aired this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” Part 2 – which will be set three years after Part 1 – is set to broadcast next month. Instead of Jung So Min, who played Mu Deok in Part 1, Part 2 will star Go Yoon Jung as Nak Soo, who previously inhabited Mu Deok’s body in the first season.

Lee Jae Wook will return as Jang Wook, who survived after being pushed to the brink of death at the end of Part 1. Three years later, Jang Wook is now coined a “monster who hunts monsters.”

In the new stills, Jang Wook has a haunting energy that completely erases his previous identity as Daeho’s noble yet rebellious young master. No matter where he goes, Jang Wook carries an aura as chilling as a desolate prison.

Lee-Jae-Wook-1-768x512.jpeg

In the next photos, Jang Wook looks upon the jade in his hand with a sad yet empty expression. This gaze captures his heartbreaking story of living a hell-like life after losing his soulmate, who stabbed him in the heart. As if the sword remained in his heart, Jang Wook’s wound and pain follow him around, raising questions about what has happened in the last three years.

Lee-Jae-Wook-2-768x512.jpeg

Part 2 of “Alchemy of Souls” premieres on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out the first teaser here!

Lee Jae Wook Returns As A Heartbroken Monster In “Alchemy Of Souls” Part 2 | Soompi

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Go Yoon Jung Is A Breathtaking Yet Mysterious Woman In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has revealed the first stills of Go Yoon Jung!

After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1. Instead of Jung So Min, who played Mu Deok in Part 1, Part 2 will star Go Yoon Jung as Nak Soo, who previously inhabited Mu Deok’s body in the first season.

In the stills, Go Yoon Jung perfectly portrays her character Nak Soo with her sparkling eyes and pure expression as if she has been living in a bubble. Previously, the great assassin Nak Soo was trapped in the weak body of Mu Deok. Later, Mu Deok developed a relationship with Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook), going from master-and-servant to teacher-and-student then to finally lovers, dreaming of a happy future together until Jang Wook was pushed to the brink of death by Mu Deok, whose soul was being manipulated by Jin Moo (Jo Jae Yoon) at the end of Part 1. With this being said, the appearance of a mysterious woman with the face of Nak Soo draws viewers’ attention. Viewers are curious to find out the hidden story behind this lady as well as Go Yoon Jung’s portrayal of Nak Soo as she leads “Alchemy of Souls Part 2.”

315595155_697255911770881_30421588660559

315744021_697255915104214_75967116072429

Spoiler

315539069_697255918437547_33568650270566

The production team remarked, “Go Yoon Jung has been receiving attention for her mysterious looks and solid acting skills as shown through ‘Sweet Home,’ ‘The School Nurse Files,’ and ‘Hunt.’ Even when she wasn’t filming, she came to the filming set and tried to understand her character in detail by reading the atmosphere on site. Viewers will fall in love with the charm of Go Yoon Jung who will radiate explosive energy with her unique vibe.”

“Alchemy of Souls” Part 2 will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out the first teaser for Part 2 here!

Go Yoon Jung Is A Breathtaking Yet Mysterious Woman In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” | Soompi

• Like 3

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

"Even when she wasn’t filming, she came to the filming set and tried to understand her character in detail by reading the atmosphere on site."

Glad to hear this. I think it takes a lot to play a character as someone else has done. JSM must have had to study GYJ in the beginning, too, to make sure there was continuity. Now they're swapping back. I really wish that someone would do an interview with the two of them about how they built this character. 

• Like 1

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Go Yoon Jung Are Shrouded In Mystery In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Posters

New mysterious posters of Lee Jae Wook and Go Yoon Jung for “Alchemy of Souls Part 2” have been revealed!

After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1. Part 2 will star Go Yoon Jung as Nak Soo and Lee Jae Wook as Jang Wook.

New character posters for these two were released on November 16 ahead of the show’s December premiere, the light and dark themes of the two posters contrasting greatly yet holding the same amount of mysteriousness that will surely draw viewers in.

Jang Wook stands shrouded in a thick fog in the dead of night, his gaze fixed on something that viewers cannot see. He is almost like a monster hiding amongst the shadows, his hand gripping a long knife as the words, “An ominous and crazy lunatic. I should have died then,” fuel the forbidding feeling that will have viewers shivering just at the sight.

lee-jae-wook-768x1097.jpeg

The sunlight shining down on Nak Soo emphasizes her beauty. She is a red rose personified, elusive, mysterious, and almost too beautiful to be real. The text, “I want to know who I really am,” is just barely visible, her piercing gaze drawing viewers in as they try to figure out just who this mysterious character is.

go-yoon-jung-768x1097.jpeg

Lee Jae Wook And Go Yoon Jung Are Shrouded In Mystery In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Posters | Soompi

• Like 2

omo...the new stills..     :heartxoxo:

Jang Uk's poster - ''An ominous and crazy lunatic''

Naksu's poster - ''I want to know who I really am'' 

this is the only drama where the amnesia plot makes sense, even though I dont like it.. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 1:37 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

So I have questions about this picture. What's that mark on her armpit? Some kind of random design on her clothes? It's not a petrification mark showing through, is it?

Really hope that Mama Jin finds out where Buyeon has been all this time and can finally stop this obsession (that led her to strangle her own daughter, seriously something wrong with that woman!) and see that she has an actual living daughter right now. I think we are done with Buyeon other than that, though. I feel like there are fans who just want to see more of JSM who are putting er, a bit too much emphasis on BY in the hopes of getting JSM back. BY is a plot device, not an active character to the storyline, which is about Jang Uk and Yeong/Naksu. Uk has met her literally twice--once when Master Lee showed up, and once when she kept him from being soul shifted. And I guess it was probably Buyeon who fed off the guy in the constellation room, so he would have seen her then. Naksu has met BY once, in the ice stone. Neither of them really know her. She just lent her body (and I guess her alias, Mudeok) to Naksu. But now that that body has been petrified, it seems that Naksu is back to her own (revived magically by the ice stone?) body. And as Buyeon doesn't have another body to go to, I think this is it for her. Maybe they can keep her suspended in some magical room in Jinyowon long enough to finally get the truth out of her. But I don't think she can last. If she does...it will be off screen, because it would be too much to ask of viewers. They can't see JSM walking around on screen as a different character while meanwhile, the main plot and the love line continue with Naksu being played by the original actress. 

As for "Mudeok"--that is just part of Naksu's disguise while she was wearing that body. Mudeok IS NAKSU. She pretended to be a servant named Mudeok. Uk has known from the beginning that she is Naksu. What I'm super interested in seeing is how Uk recognizes Naksu again. He hasn't ever seen her body, so he wouldn't recognize her that way. Interestingly, he was the only one who recognized her inside the Mudeok body, even though everyone around him had seen Naksu's original body. I wonder where they have both been for the past 3 years, though, because I assume they haven't met yet (knowingly, at least).

My best hope is for an actual happy ending this time around, because I don't see how to top the ending of ep 20 in terms of sadness, and it is high time for Something Else, lol.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

So I have questions about this picture. What's that mark on her armpit? Some kind of random design on her clothes? It's not a petrification mark showing through, is it?

hmm..I thought it was a pattern on the clothes...  :D

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

What I'm super interested in seeing is how Uk recognizes Naksu again. He hasn't ever seen her body, so he wouldn't recognize her that way. Interestingly, he was the only one who recognized her inside the Mudeok body, even though everyone around him had seen Naksu's original body. I wonder where they have both been for the past 3 years, though, because I assume they haven't met yet (knowingly, at least).

this pic..

it seems to me that he doesnt know who she is, but still there is interest in his eyes..  

• Like 1

Hmmm, interestingly enough, the lattice pattern on the window behind naksu (the pic where she was hanging the clothes) looks like the one on the jang resident...

So at least from the teasers alone we've seen her in two very unlikely place (at least the old naksu wouldn't be caught dead in the house of the four families that she hated so much).

Well, I guess it's time for another mental gymnastics sessions then.

*crazy theories ahead*

Three years is a long enough gap for hong sisters to cook up more crazy antics. Probably starting the 2nd season with naksu having amnesia, as in, not even remembering the time when she was being mudeok. So, back to zero. Or, we're going to keep guessing during the whole season whether she remembers or not.

Aish, look at me coming back here for another theories after swearing to wait until the end of the series and to NOT do this very thing again

• Like 1

poster is pretty, i suppose it's mean a happy ending after so many ostacles

it's weird that i'm excited??:grimace: because i was so angry after JSM was no coming back in part 2:rage:

For the plot Amnesia for FL? even if she has amnesia,  pretty sure that she will regain her memories in the first episodes, there are only 10 episodes, or maybe she just want to know who is her bio parents

• Like 1

@marrez1It took me a bit to digest the idea of JSM not coming back, too. I mean...she really brought that character to life. Even though I was already a fan long before this drama, Mudeok is easily my favorite character of hers. And I still think it was a risk to do this (they could have made it easier on the viewers if they'd promoted it from the start with the idea that two actresses play the same character, instead of making it a surprise). But in the end...it's about the storyline. Mostly when people shift souls, they swap. So they each have their own body and are the only mind inside it. Of course...then they eventually break down into stone. So it wouldn't be a long term possibility for Naksu. In this case, Buyeon is protecting Naksu from turning to stone, but as long as they are both conscious, it's a bit hard for it to be long term, you know? Sharing the same body, meanwhile Buyeon is trapped. She can't truly live, and she can't move on. So logically in my mind I understand. I just really hope they can nail this jump. I think that if GYJ has been coming and watching the filming (and possibly voicing some of the internal dialogue/voiceover?), then she will be up to speed on Naksu's character, so I am feeling hopeful. 

Whatever happens has GOT to be better than how we left it, though...right?? Please, no more stabby stabby?

So new trailer is out,

Poor Yul, he recognized Nasku,  it's true that he had seen her body very closely in part 1, another love triangle in part 2?, we will see, maye writers will add anther female character for him, i mean it will be 3 years later

JangUk looks so sexy and dangerous

but Nasku looks well dressed, I wonder if they gave her a new identity in a noble family

• Like 1

I don't think there will be a resurrection of that love triangle. They gave Yul and Naksu the best closure I've seen yet in a drama. But maybe he will help her, since after all, he'd recognize her.

Personally, I'm thinking three years with a blood worm might call for some medical treatment from a nice doctor who looks like a beautiful crane... 

Anyway, here is the teaser with translation:

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Jae Wook And Hwang Minhyun Steel Themselves For Battle In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” has shared an exciting new sneak peek of Part 2!

After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this past summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1—next month.

The newly released teaser for Part 2 begins with Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) hinting at the guilt and despair that has driven him to live in isolation. When a mysterious woman comes to visit Jang Wook, who has pushed everyone away and put up a wall between him and the world, he tells her dejectedly, “I wasn’t even able to protect the one person I promised to protect. How would I be able to protect anything?”

Meanwhile, Seo Youl (Hwang Minhyun) tearfully embraces his first love Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung) as he declares, “Something’s come up that I have to take care of. This time, it’s my burden to bear.”

The preview then goes on to show a brief glimpse of the ill-fated couple Jin Cho Yeon (Oh My Girl’s Arin) and Park Dang Goo (Yoo In Soo), who faced tragedy on their wedding day.

Finally, Jang Wook reveals that he’s changed his mind after his encounter with the mysterious woman. Although he was previously immersed in his own grief and sorrow, Jang Wook makes up his mind to put his life on the line for the battle ahead, announcing, “In order to protect [something or someone] at all costs, I’ve decided to accept this fight.”

“Alchemy of Souls” Part 2 will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser for the drama below!

Watch: Lee Jae Wook And Hwang Minhyun Steel Themselves For Battle In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1