[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

On 8/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, rocher22 said:

that was a great episode...

The market scene was so hilarious...I laughed so much...  

The vendor was more nervous than Uk. I wonder where the ying and yang jade is now.

Ju Wol is such a bright character..

Her way of stopping the rumors about Uk is unique. 

JW - '' She checked and he is not impotent''...  :lol:

Drunk Maidservant Kim - '' Im the true master..''

I have to admit, for a moment , I thought there was going to be some kind of twist...:D

Uk decided to go to Sari Village. That was smart and the only way he could find out who Mudeok was.

I have been repeating this scene of them in the market.

I knew something was up when Drunk Mudeok confessed to Jang Uk how much she likes him and then went it for a kiss. She said something about she should as she might die tomorrow. It was sort of a goodbye kiss. No? It should have been more passionate than that if it was.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

I am watching ep 19 and will watch 20 right away too. Already banging my head a bit at all the unnecessary recaps….ep 19 jumped around a lot! Some thoughts: 

Spoiler

The father went and poof’ed himself like that - ughhhhh. Of all the scenes there couldn’t be one of him and his father at the end? 

The scene of Uk in  the sky/space with the ice stone had a lovely CGI though. But why Uk loooked so ‘yellow’ terrible after.  

Wait so Naksu gave up her powers and  Uk hit the stone back up to the sky and that’s it?!  Hahjahahahahha 

You know by now that if before the actual last episode—— if things are just a bit too easy, perfectly too good to be true - something is up - the writers are aiming for something. This is what I got from those scenes between MD and Yul, Uk looking at his father’s scroll and the not so secret reveal. 

I can’t believe CP is still talking and listening to Jin Mu. 

Spoiler

Zzzzzzzzzzzz on the last episode and the first half is so slow. Oh what the girls’ dad didn’t die!!! So wait the Jin family is not claiming MD as their daughter?! Naksu knows and I guess she doesn’t care. So-I still alive tooo?!?!?

The is such a MESSSSSSSSSSS

Jin Mu still out there and the main cast is acting like everything is happy ending. Oh see and now he bewitched MD. Why so easy?!? Where was this ‘control bell’ spell before?!?!  If CP turns evil in season 2 it would be such a waste of character development and the entire season 1. The cute bromance was meaningless?! 

Ugh until the end 

That said - the preview for season 2 looked great - everyone looks sooooooo much better re hair and styling. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

They said that So Min might not be returning to shoot Season 2 (we know, she will have a movie with Ha Neul, how can she squeeze that in her schedule, right?) but what if, she already filmed her scenes for Season 2 during the hiatus?

Surely, they did something during that hiatus - reshot some scenes for Season 1 or maybe filmed some scenes for Season 2? I am still hang up to the idea that this is not the end of Jung So Min for Alchemy of Souls. I am still hopeful down to the last thread. LOL

What happened to the scene then when MuDeok was wearing this bluish/purplish attire with her half-braided hair and she was talking to Jang Uk in that bridge. We didn't see that in any of the episodes. Yeah? Got deleted?

I am so pissed with how it ended that I want to blame everyone especially Master Lee. Where was he when all of this was happening? When Uk was being killed? He just stood by his funeral and went again with his words of wisdoms. All the great mages of Daeho simply stood by and watched. They couldn't even come together and stop Naksu? They could have used the relics from Jinyowon.

I woke up feeling like I got my heart broken. Hahahaha

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

THANKS CHINGU you just described exactly how I felt after watching ep 20 and lying in the bed thinking about it, CONSTIPATED... that's how I felt. 

It's great that we can really identify with each other what Hong sisters have done to us!!   We know we are not suffering alone....lol

BFF Handshake (GIF) by AngelCharles on DeviantArt

I may still be ranting for a few more days:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):....  and I still want my answers in Season 2!!  lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

But no ... we get the fantasy version of this ...

Haha!

They really didn't do somethings well just to add drama to the story! Like that worm in So-i thing is not used.
We know something was wrong with Cho's death but the rattle only came out in episode 20.
Jin Mu keeps coming up but no one can touch him? Ok, as an audience I know more things but that is the point: the characters are dumb that they are not even trying to investigate properly? JG was going to close JM's energy Gate and yet even when he knew it was JM's doing, he just died by "maybe" harming the queen.

I mean what in the world happened after MD tried to die to get the ice stone till episode 20, I don't get. If she ran away with the ice stone, people would have died but JU took it and nothing happened? Yes MD needed to hide her identity but could you not have broken the fog with her strength? My brain is giving way and am just thing that I don't get to the end of the story until January next year (10 episodes=2 per week, so five weeks from sometime in December!).

Also, wasn't the story dragged a bit to just somehow not reveal things to get into season 2? Will season 2 not need more time as the story has become more convoluted, no?

What will be Naksu's mental state like? Will she remember anything? Has she become a delicate dandy or will she be the shadow observing UK? Will she feel guilty of what happened and will UK get to know that it was a spell? Will Uk become a convict who is wanted so he won't be able to live in his house? I don't think Dangu and the young Jin sister get married. Will the three boys remain friends or no?

So when the press release said relationships will change this is what it means. 

There will be a time jump.

Only thing is if younger Jin sister wanted revenge for a nice dad I would have understood. She wanted it for her evil dad who took her dna, did nothing/felt nothing for the older sister, was complicit in all the evil actions of Jin Mu... and other crimes, this I can't decide. I feel nothing for that man or his dying. For me he died in episode 19.

They really randomly let anyone live or die, no?

8 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

I may still be ranting for a few more days:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):....  and I still want my answers in Season 2!!  lol

me too!

I could barely sleep... my brain was so wired even though I haven't even watched 19 and 20 fully. Twitter spoilers were enough! Thank you for being there. What should we watch to get out of AoS withdrawal symptoms?

27 minutes ago, deishii said:

Surely, they did something during that hiatus - reshot some scenes for Season 1 or maybe filmed some scenes for Season 2? I am still hang up to the idea that this is not the end of Jung So Min for Alchemy of Souls. I am still hopeful down to the last thread. LOL

I don't think any reshooting of season 1 happened during the hiatus. 10-12 days is not enough. I think they have only been shooting for season 2 since July i.e. if they hadn't already shot something for season 2 before. I think this whole season 2 thing is a production problem otherwise they had thought of a series that was long (even if they didn't have enough meat).

At this point, I think, storewide anything can happen. Logistics wise: unless the contract says otherwise they have one FL only. Also, didn't JSM change her agency and if she did then she might not have any commitment to AoS as from what I understand contracts are facilitated by agencies and are between production houses, artists and projects.

40 minutes ago, deishii said:

What happened to the scene then when MuDeok was wearing this bluish/purplish attire with her half-braided hair and she was talking to Jang Uk in that bridge. We didn't see that in any of the episodes. Yeah? Got deleted?

lol

dream sequence in season 2? :D

46 minutes ago, Yinye said:

Oh what the girls’ dad didn’t die!!

surprise surprise! He isn't dead and before dying he doesn't even confess. 

Everyone still thinks that he isn't that bad!

55 minutes ago, deishii said:

She said something about she should as she might die tomorrow. It was sort of a goodbye kiss. No? It should have been more passionate than that if it was.

In my brain, I would have added a line emphasising how he was the only precious thing as the jade etc didn't count (more or less a repeat of what she had told the CP -- if we have feelings for each other then stones don't count!)

They didn't even get UK to hear what MD had done at the assembly to get the ice stone... I wanted his dramatic reaction! I mean come on! He had to know how crazy she had been and how she actually just gave that up!

The guy gets all the lime light for his sacrifices while the girl's sacrifices are hidden... (sigh)

2 hours ago, Lauriee said:

But in case of Naksu she doesn't carry the ice stone like Jang uk, so how????????

still reading your post but does that mean that Jang Uk dies in season 2 as he has the ice stone and everyone was like BY is ice stone so she has no soul theory?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Were they people sent by Jin Mama to find her?

I think it is Jin Mama.

By the way can anyone tell me if in the trailer of season 2, Naksu is standing near the building of the Jin house?

Park Jin recognises Naksu. Yul and old Medicine Master recognise her. So how in the world will she step out and what will she do? Is she still a fighter or just because Uk reclaimed the sword, she has given up on it as it killed her lover? Does she remember or has she forgotten? More importantly, is she really Naksu and where in the world did she get that body from? Wasn't she chubby in season 1, what happened to her in season 2?

Everyone became more pointed as though they are not well fed and "darker"?

They should have killed someone other than evil Jin father for me to feel sympathetic to younger Jin sister's feelings of revenge :D 

I will keep saying this until season 2 or until I get tired!

another thought: what is Naksu again tries to become Uk's maid :D

Or gets Uk to be her body guard :d

This would be such an Mills and Boons style romance! I think we should watch some old hong sister dramas to know what they will do as they often use their old tricks in new bottles.

Kill the hero. Oh but the hero can't die as we have season 2 to get through. Ok, use deus machine and make him live. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, frozentundra said:

but ahhh it's going to be a lot harder to convince his de facto parents when they literally saw her stab him.

I was thinking the same thing!

I am just wondering how awkward will it be as you might know a soul but you see a body and yes, they are actors but still... some thing will have to bring them close. If he thinks she is dead and she went crazy or to a sanitarium so has no memories then...

Btw this would mean memory loss trope - check.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I think she will recognize him, but she will keep out of the way and just watch him secretly, and he won't know her until they actually interact. She is going to continually blame herself and not trust herself for killing her one true love. Meanwhile, he looks like he is on a fiery revenge trip. Hopefully he knows it's Jin Mu who did this and is after him. My question is, once he finds her again and they both know this, what will he call her? She isn't Mudeok anymore and Naksu is the person who killed him. Maybe he will call her by her actual original real name, Choyeong. 

Meanwhile, Choyeon (writers, WHY??? Someone should have caught this) is perfectly understandable in her rage to go after Naksu. I still wish the two could become friends, but er, it's a bit hard now. As for changing relationships, if Jang Uk is still insisting Mudeok was mind controlled and everyone else blames her for murdering everyone, then yeah, it would put a strain on the rest of his friendships for sure. I think only Yul would understand. 

I can see Jung So Min having a cameo to sew up the end of Buyeon, but I don't see Buyeon's character continuing at all. Firstly because JSM is confirmed not in the cast (she may have filmed some last bits already but she is shooting another project now), and second, it's hard enough to switch main actresses, and how on earth could they do that and keep the old one around and expect the audience to go along with it? Already you see zillions of people who want a romance between Buyeon and Uk (sorry, they don't even know each other?) just to keep JSM in the picture. I'd rather keep JSM, too, I love their interaction, but that's not the story if you close your eyes to the actors and just follow the storyline and characters. 

Also about Buyeon, though, I still don't understand why she didn't come out and try to stop the bells thing. She always appears whenever sorcery threatens Naksu or Uk. And now she's just absent. Did she fade away into the ether when Naksu chose not to take the ice stone, and become normal, nonmagic Mudeok? It would be a bit sad and weird if after all this time, Jin Mama didn't get closure. (By closure, I also mean she needs to know that the girl she treated horribly as a servant and also strangled is the same child she supposedly adored above everyone else.) So I'm curious, will they just bring her body back? How does Naksu get back in her original burned body? Uk can do it because he has the ice stone. But she doesn't. Does he use the ice stone to bring her back, then? I guess they did that with Buyeon after death, but still. Naksu has been ashes for a while now... 

I'll miss Park Jin's silky hair, lol. Choyeon and Danggu, wow, let's all stalk around angry and goth, lol.

It's going to take a bit to recover from this... In the meantime, I'm going to watch this healing dance scene. :D

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

10 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I wanted to tear my hair out in frustration.

What was that??!!

Likewise I want to pull my hair out in frustration esp Jin Mu...even the fake queen is dead...why is Jin Mu still standing stand doing all the "righteous" evil deeds?  No one can even destroy him. 

I feel some of the so-called Mage masters are not that smart. Don't they even think of taking away the bells from Jin Mu?
Ouch..too painful to watch

Somehow can understand the younger sister Cho-Yeon still crying over her "evil" father. For she did not see her father being evil. Her father has been loving to her far more than her mother who is heart-broken over the loss of her "dead" ice stone resuscitate daughter Bu Yeon. I would think if Cho-Yeon knew her father took her blood and give to Jin Mu and is working evil deeds with Jin Mu...would her love for her father diminish?  

Can we conclude all evil started from Jinyowon Madam Jin when she asked Cheonbugawan Leader Jang to use the Ice Stone to save her "dead" foetus. If Mdm Jin did not ask Leader Jang to use the Ice Stone on her, Leader Jang would not have easy access to the Ice Stone. So the root cause here starts from Mdm Jin.

I like Master Lee Cheol...he has a soft heart.  Hope they keep him going in Season 2.
I would like to see almost everyone in Season 1 to reappear in Season 2 minus Jin Mu

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

but i can't help but think it's unfair to JSM, i mean now the drama by its season 1 is such a hit, as well as on social media and platforms, and all over the world, everyone talks about it, and now GYJ becomes the lead Female of this huge success when she only had a cameo role in season 1, poor JSM. JSM is a veteran actress, she is so strong and skilled. And now what will become of Buyeon? I really don't understand why creating such a powerful character with his family who is powerful but scratching her completely is absurd

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

26 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

but i can't help but think it's unfair to JSM, i mean now the drama by its season 1 is such a hit, as well as on social media and platforms, and all over the world, everyone talks about it, and now GYJ becomes the lead Female of this huge success when she only had a cameo role in season 1, poor JSM. JSM is a veteran actress, she is so strong and skilled. And now what will become of Buyeon? I really don't understand why creating such a powerful character with his family who is powerful but scratching her completely is absurd

I think this is how the story was planned, though. It's not like they are canceling her. Naksu is changing bodies and that means changing actresses, no matter who plays her. (But I would still prefer they wrote it so that Buyeon came to an end and Naksu just stayed in that body! If Master Lee can do it, why not Naksu? However, I am not the writer...) 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

I wanted to tear my hair out in frustration.

What was that??!!

Same @ElleSor I frustrated-watched lol 

I also enjoyed a bit of older couple romance (Kim Doju and Park Jin) but seriously - they toook toooooooo much screen time and I am correct that they had more relationship time than even our OTP. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Btw this would mean memory loss trope - check.

Please Dont Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

We just spent 20 episodes watching Jang Uk prove himself - I want an emotionally destroyed Jang Uk who believes his love is dead, out for vengeance, in danger of being consumed with the power of the Ice Stone, only to be confronted and saved by the real Naksu ... Its her turn to be the rock solid foundation, its her turn to return time and again when rejected, its her turn to profess her love without reciprocation -  and as much as I still doubt they can do this couple justice in just 10 episodes, I still want that initial confrontation  ... over crossed swords 

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

My question is, once he finds her again and they both know this, what will he call her? She isn't Mudeok anymore and Naksu is the person who killed him. Maybe he will call her by her actual original real name, Choyeong. 

winner GIF

47 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

and now GYJ becomes the lead Female of this huge success when she only had a cameo role in season 1

I just hope the new actress has done her homework, and can capture the tone and mannerisms we've seen from Mu Deok these last 20 episodes ... she doesn't have to convince just Jang Uk who she is, she has to convince all of the viewers as well.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, deishii said:

It was sort of a goodbye kiss. No? It should have been more passionate than that if it was.

I liked the kiss, simply because she kissed him first and it was the first time she clearly

said she loved him... :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I want an emotionally destroyed Jang Uk who believes his love is dead, out for vengeance, in danger of being consumed with the power of the Ice Stone, only to be confronted and saved by the real Naksu ... Its her turn to be the rock solid foundation, its her turn to return time and again when rejected, its her turn to profess her love without reciprocation -  and as much as I still doubt they can do this couple justice in just 10 episodes, I still want that initial confrontation  ... over crossed swords 

OMG! I am so ready for this. 
I do want MD/Naksu/whoever to do some chasing now. But I also feel that the poor girl will be so guilt-ridden. I just want to watch the creators version of it and get done with it. The longer I have to wait, the more conjectures I will have and then they will anyway do what they like and I will be left pulling my hair out of my head!

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I just hope the new actress has done her homework, and can capture the tone and mannerisms we've seen from Mu Deok these last 20 episodes ... she doesn't have to convince just Jang Uk who she is, she has to convince all of the viewers as well.

At this point, I don't care who becomes the FL but I just want to creators to make sense. 
Naksu's real body got burnt, how is it back "unscathed" and thinner?

2 hours ago, jojoanna said:

I would think if Cho-Yeon knew her father took her blood and give to Jin Mu and is working evil deeds with Jin Mu...would her love for her father diminish?  

I mean this is where the villain and the story is weird for me. He was in hospital but no one questioned him. If he was remorseful, he could have shared what he knew. People got to know that So-i is a swindler but not that he shared the younger daughter's DNA with her or weird tricks that JM was capable of? He did not redeem himself.
yes the daughter loved him but even after seeing what he did to the queen in that cell? Problem is drama doesn't delve deep into emotions so why should I? Show me the younger sister's moral dilemma and then her love winning, I will believe it but then how many things will the drama show as the drama has already shown too much without showing what it should.

2 hours ago, jojoanna said:

Hope they keep him going in Season 2.

He is there in the trailer.

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I think she will recognize him, but she will keep out of the way and just watch him secretly, and he won't know her until they actually interact. She is going to continually blame herself and not trust herself for killing her one true love. Meanwhile, he looks like he is on a fiery revenge trip.

I really like this. I am game. I just hope the new actress is good as I really like LJW. Even though Baek Kyung was a jerk, LJW shined in that role. (being a bit harsh but first few episodes in EY, I would be like such a nice voice and such nice delivery yet why is he being so heartless)

Hopefully he knows it's Jin Mu who did this and is after him.

I think he does. In the scene that I have seen like 15 times since it got aired with him falling with the sword in him, calling her name, her waking up, seeing in horror and asking " I did this?" and his puzzled/startled look and you know that he knows that she didn't know. You know that he knows that something went amiss. 
I wish there had been a bit more drama (my fan fic): he calls her name loudly twice, she holds her head and shakes it and then the sequence that happens follows. Then there would be no doubt that he knows that she was also in pain/under duress. 

I love their interaction, but that's not the story if you close your eyes to the actors and just follow the storyline and characters. 

I agree.

I just wish they would give a neat closure to that and a credible explanation of how the conflict of Naksu's identity got solved (here I mean: I enjoyed the conflict created by Naksu ending up in another body and as there was no way out since her body had burnt, her not only doing what she did in the drama but also looking a bit deeply in choices. Maybe also, if only the drama treated death a bit more seriously! Right now it feels that anyone can come back if the creators want that) because a convoluted story would be MD's body destroyed, BY soul in Naksu and Naksu's soul passes away but then it won't be UK+Naksu's epic love story... so no es possible.

But why would Mommy Jin restore Naksu/Cho Yeong? Is Mommy Jin related to cho Yeong? We don't know Cho Yeong's mother! Anyway, this is not my forte. I can't predict stories or characters. I just like reading people's theories and I have been reading takes left, right and centre...

Also about Buyeon, though, I still don't understand why she didn't come out and try to stop the bells thing. She always appears whenever sorcery threatens Naksu or Uk. And now she's just absent.

Me too.

Btw Will Uk also feel guilty for living as he used the ice stone but his lover couldn't though that is why he saved it? Will he also resent MD/Naksu for leaving him alone?

Btw his hero arc is very old school. Hero begins as an under-dog. saves the world. renounces everything for love. Then his love gets taken away from him. He hits the rock bottom as he loses everything. This changes him & from wanting to control the soul shifters to build a safe world for everyone he moves to killing them to ?? (answer in season 2)

I think season 2 will have a happy end.

4 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the kiss, simply because she kissed him first and it was the first time she clearly

btw Uk has also never told her directly that "he likes her" or "he loves her".

Has he?

He has said I missed you too. I will always be around like a ring but "bani chuha he" no, right?

5 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Kill the hero. Oh but the hero can't die as we have season 2 to get through. Ok, use deus machine and make him live. Haha!

I guess for me the biggest shock is that she kills him! Like really. Night because she said I love you and now this.
If Uk didn't know about her being controlled or something being weird, he would have been so hurt. When she first attacks him with her sword, he can't believe it! His eyes go big... that clip alone makes me really scared of episode 20.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

She spent a really long time learning to acknowledge her own feelings, even to herself. Remember when he told her to own up and be honest with herself, because waiting may leave you with regret. Even in this magic world, you can't turn back time. (Although um, you can bring people back from the dead??) Anyway, setting that logic aside, lol--I just found this moment lovely. Of course whenever Uk was in trouble, her feelings would come out, but this wasn't forced from her. She just felt it, acknowledged it, and told him so. As casual and simple as it was, that one moment meant she had finally learned this important thing about life, feelings, love, etc. 

22 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

I guess for me the biggest shock is that she kills him! Like really. Night because she said I love you and now this.
If Uk didn't know about her being controlled or something being weird, he would have been so hurt. When she first attacks him with her sword, he can't believe it! His eyes go big... that clip alone makes me really scared of episode 20.

I still have not recovered from this shock. He knew she wasn't under her own control. The way he shielded her from everyone else and wanted to die with his "ring" on was so heartbreaking. And the way she was completely shredded when she came to herself and saw what was done... 

NEED THERAPY NOW.

24 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

But why would Mommy Jin restore Naksu/Cho Yeong? Is Mommy Jin related to cho Yeong? We don't know Cho Yeong's mother!

I think she knows but is in serious denial that the servant girl Mudeok who she mistreated and strangled is her beloved daughter. However, deep underneath, I think she knows. If she hears that Mudeok went wild and was thrown into the shifters' graveyard, she may just haul her out for some questioning. 

What if Choyeong (Naksu) is now just a soul? What if she becomes trapped inside Jinyowon with the relics? She looks a bit ghostly in that one shot in the S2 teaser. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

btw Uk has also never told her directly that "he likes her" or "he loves her".

Oh, you are right...but for some reason it feels like he is said the line countless times...  :D

41 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

The way he shielded her from everyone else and wanted to die with his "ring" on was so heartbreaking. And the way she was completely shredded when she came to herself and saw what was done... 

it was a beautiful scene..

I liked when Uk decisively pulled the sword and hugged her.

He accepted his punishment for harboring an assassin. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

NEED THERAPY NOW.

5 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

tell me about it!

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

What if Choyeong (Naksu) is now just a soul? What if she becomes trapped inside Jinyowon with the relics? She looks a bit ghostly in that one shot in the S2 teaser. 

Oh man... you got me started now! All I can think of is... what if she is a soul and following him, keeping him safe and takes care of him because as real star crossed lovers they can never be together. reminds me of a O Henry short story. Boy is looking for a girl and he ends up staying in a hotel room which is shabby and haunted. There a girl had committed suicide or was murdered. The boy was looking for the same girl :(

But I have a gut feeling that the drama has a happy ending so season 2 will not have an explosive ending. Just because of all the death references in part 1 and the poster. I could be wrong but December will tell us. I am ready for anything as long as it is not a cliff hanger or I am not live watching.

Btw a question:

In season 2 when they show flashbacks what will they do when Uk is remembering how MD was given that they will have a new heroine? What if MD (body he knows) and Naksu (soul he knows but not the body) stand in front of him and he is supposed to choose in one minute -- how and who will he choose?

Also, isn't he one lucky guy? He is in love with so many females at once (Naksu, Cho Yeong, Mudeok as well as BY -- in a scenario where Naksu couldn't shift back to her own body). :D

ok, my brain cells are dead and am off. Will be back with more tomorrow. I can't leave this alone just yet.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

In season 2 when they show flashbacks what will they do when Uk is remembering how MD was given that they will have a new heroine? What if MD (body he knows) and Naksu (soul he knows but not the body) stand in front of him and he is supposed to choose in one minute -- how and who will he choose?

I think if there are flashbacks, they would be scenes we have seen from S1. So I think that would minimize the confusion for the audience (he would know who he was thinking of, right?) It's still going to be interesting the moment he sees her in another form and figures out who she is. The one thing they shouldn't do is to ever have both actresses on screen at the same time in the timeline if they want us to believe GYJ is now Naksu. Maybe Uk can handle it, but I think it would be too much to ask of the viewers. 

I don't know Buyeon's feelings about Jang Uk (I don't know if we'll ever find that out), but so far he doesn't really know she exists, so I don't know that he's in love with her. I wonder what she thinks, watching all this with him and Naksu. Is she a shipper? Is she jealous? Is she even aware of it? I don't know. As for Mudeok, I think she is more of a persona than an actual person. It's the alias Buyeon chose, and the one that Naksu then developed. At first she overdid it and was really dramatic, but (even though she did keep up the satoori as long as she was sober), eventually the persona of Mudeok that Naksu created, and the real Naksu, became one person as she grew and got healthier. It's the life that she ultimately wanted most--just living with and loving the people she cared about. Maybe you could say that it's the life Choyeong could have had if Jin Mu had not stolen it from her. (Lucky for her, she still would have had Jang Uk in it, because their fathers would still be alive.) Naksu would have happily lived the rest of her life as Mudeok. 

I think if someone had merely died, I wouldn't have this strong of a reaction, but the ultimate cruelty inflicted on Naksu, to let her love and be loved and start to get back the life that was stolen from her as a small child and THEN to make her personally kill the person she loved most...it's just so shocking. I'm walking around telling myself, THIS IS JUST A FICTIONAL CHARACTER, but it's still fresh in my head. 

S2 had better have a happy ending. People are already disturbed enough at this point!

• Like 6
  • Blob 2