[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

20 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

I was thinking the same!
They took 20 episodes to set up the back story and in 10 episodes they will complete the actual story??

Season two will be dark but can Hong Sisters+the director do dark well?

Season 1 kept being light even when it should have been dark and heavy at times.

Exactly they took 20episodes and yet we're back to square one!! I was hoping this season was gunna be dark but they turned it into their typical light hearted comedy stuff!! The trailers and the actual show were totally different! Teasers were very misleading! 

They're gunna make season2 dark and that's why jang uk won't be the same funny guy he'll be more serious! Which I would have hoped would happen in season1 but nooo they made it all slapstick stuff 

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

I am just wondering if Naksu comes back and is recognised she will be on the target list of everyone!

In some ways Hong Sisters have taken a big jump... they only take small risks... but will they be able to handle it?

They already stretched stuff by revealing nothing. Why did Daddy Jin have to live? Jang Gang will also be alive but we just don't know yet.

but how is this fair? They stick by no rules? Even magic and world building has rules. To shock people you break everything? We will explain in season 2 but will they?

19 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

he will be in agony, believing her dead , want revenge

does he really want revenge or has he come onto Park Jin's side of how all things black magic are bad and kill all soul shifters.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

They already stretched stuff by revealing nothing. Why did Daddy Jin have to live? Jang Gang will also be alive but we just don't know yet.

IF Jang Gang is alive, so Mudeok body is also alive, i don't understand why no

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Blob 1

Chingus, about to put up a poll. If you have any poll question ideas, let me know asap.

Some thoughts:

• I laughed my behind off watching the last episode. It was such a mess - typical Hong sisters style - I just couldn't take it seriously.
    :loolz:
  • Finally something happens in this drama. We've watched 10+ episodes of no plot progress, but then we get some action in the last episode. Only to circle back to square 1?
    Despicable Me Lol GIF
  • Since we heard that Jung So Min won't appear in season 2, we can only assume that Mu Deok/Bu Yeon is dead. Despite being saved in the end by what looks like Mama Jin and maybe Cho Yeon.
    The writers' style as usual, they do the FL dirty.... :unamused:
    We learnt NOTHING of relevance about Bu Yeon / Mu Deok. We didn't get to explore her past and her wishes. How she had lived. Her powers. If she remembered her parents. Nothing.
    Yet we saw her appear from time to time, but never knew if her soul was present more than we the audience saw.
    She was just used as a vessel for the drama writers to let her fall into the depths of the water, and be forgotten. Without her own story. Pretty cruel in my opinion.
  • So I is still alive, and they killed off Jang Gang ahjussi oppa. :rage:
    Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
  • None of the bad guys really got what they deserved. Unfortunately we are stuck with Jin Mu for another season. But why oh why, did they have to start turning the Crown Prince evil? :rage:

And my biggest disappointment with this drama. No abs! :smashes:

Look at the Crown Prince!!!!!!!! I mean look at him!!!!

doublepatty3.jpg

Just sayin'

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, deishii said:

I have to commend Jung So Min for the fight scenes. I wonder if there's a chance that she can come back again in Season 2.

I say cameo definitely will be in the cards, but since S2 is an extension of the same Hong Sisters drama, I can also say Uk will sacrifice himself, so there is no happy ending for the OTP.Lol :D

I bet the girl in the preview is a doppelganger and Naksu's body got shifted from Mu Deok body to that doppelganger.

Confused Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Poor Yul got infected due to blood donation by So-I :( 

Anyways guys, those who are going to watch S2 "Hang on!Hwaiting!". As far as me,

over it lol GIF by Lifetime

Had a great time reading all of your posts amd laughing. Take care all!

@ HongSisters

Sarah Greene Starz GIF by Dublin Murders

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

With the rumors that JSM won't appear in season 2 at all I don't know how they avoid the comparisons between the actresses. Especially when it comes to chemistry with Jang Uk, Crown Prince, and Seo Yul. JSM had amazing chemistry with all three. 

I think one way they could avoid it is the theory that it is actually BY in Naksu's body and Naksu's soul is petrified in BY's body. That way the GYJ won't really be compared because we haven't really seen JSM's BY.

What I definitely don't want is JSM back playing BY and then GYJ as Naksu ending up with Jang Uk. I don't know if I'll like JSM and LJW being in scenes and just not paired together. I mean maybe I'll be completely surprised by GYJ / LJW 's chemistry but I doubt it. 

I will prob still check out Season 2 just to see how it all ends, but I am more worried then excited to see if they stick the landing on the show. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

23 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingus, about to put up a poll. If you have any poll question ideas, let me know asap.

Some thoughts:

• I laughed my behind off watching the last episode. It was such a mess - typical Hong sisters style - I just couldn't take it seriously.

• Finally something happens in this drama. We've watched 10+ episodes of no plot progress, but then we get some action in the last episode. Only to circle back to square 1?

• Since we heard that Jung So Min won't appear in season 2, we can only assume that Mu Deok/Bu Yeon is dead. Despite being saved in the end by what looks like Mama Jin and maybe Cho Yeon.
    The writers' style as usual, they do the FL dirty.... :unamused:
    We learnt NOTHING of relevance about Bu Yeon / Mu Deok. We didn't get to explore her past and her wishes. How she had lived. Her powers. If she remembered her parents. Nothing.
    Yet we saw her appear from time to time, but never knew if her soul was present more than we the audience saw.
    She was just used as a vessel for the drama writers to let her fall into the depths of the water, and be forgotten. Without her own story. Pretty cruel in my opinion.
  • So I is still alive, and they killed of Jang Gang ahjussi oppa. :rage:

• None of the bad guys really got what they deserved. Unfortunately we are stuck with Jin Mu for another season. But why oh why, did they have to start turning the Crown Prince evil? :rage:

And my biggest disappointment with this drama. No abs! :smashes:

Look at the Crown Prince!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'

I absolutely agree with you chingu....if wanna make such a mess of the story without a closure for the most powerful person....at least give us SOME ABS  POWER!!!!!

:elated:     We watch drama for recharge...not to be sapped of energy!!!   :fear:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

In this sense it can be interesting, he will be in agony, believing her dead , want revenge but I suppose she will be with Yul, and little by little he will recognize her

Maybe BY' s soul will be in Nasku body?! so many possibility

Didn't Naksu's body get burnt though? Sigh yes I agree with everyone. where was buyeon the powerful priestess when mudeok needed her? I don't see why she wouldn't have been able to overcome some curse and bells if she even has the power to stop jang uk mid soul shift? It would have given her character some purpose seeing how little they developed her. 

also honestly didn't think they needed to drag it out for another season. they could have wrapped it up by not making the crown prince fall for jin mu's nonsense. jin mu crashes the wedding in his last attempt to get revenge, bu yeon comes to save the day and naksu kills jin mu after exposing all his evil deeds. the wedding eventually happens and jang uk and naksu leave for the countryside after. THE END

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Chinguuuuuuus, What is this??

Somebody Sedate Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Cr: giphy

Where is BuYeon writer-nim? - did you guys brush her off just like that?

All along these episodes we glorify an Assassin...?

Who ever say that Naksu is no longer an assassin please stand up, please stand up LOL:joy:

Oh, I hate the Sequel 2 teaser!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 8

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

OMG that ending :tears:, so thanks to the promo for Part two Naksu in her body so I could see the love story still be Naksu and Uk, *Not MD & Uk*  also Uk is alive thanks to via the promo.

2 hours ago, Jeannie said:

I thought it was ended with Uk dying I was like nooo because I was following it on twitter and that was all people were talking about. Then I saw there was more. Lol the preview for the second season looked so pretty. Uk looks dead but I’m so glad he lived and Naksu looks so pretty! 

Yeah he will be okay, thanks to the promo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

ok, i see the preview part 2, GYJ looks cute, no offense, she do her job
my first husband Janguk is on revenge mode and he is so sexy, i like him, my second husband Yul is always so damm beautiful, yes i have a reverse harem, no jealousy here:rage::joy:
but i'm sad that no Mudeok and no JSM

• Love 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, partyon said:

So I is still alive, and they killed of Jang Gang ahjussi oppa. :rage:

So much for the priestess power. Jin mama should just force her admission or strung her up until she talks or do a Chinese water torture... anything but no the leech just walked away!!!

This is at best 4/10 and I'm feeling generous. Half of the time it was some attempt of lovey  dovey stuff , boring boring. 

JU coming back from dead, unimpressed raz degan GIF by Isola dei Famosi

Ciao everyone. The best thing about most shows is the great read :joy:.

Stay safe and chat with you again.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Let's vote chingus! How much did you love the ending?

Do you think it will be Mu Deok/Bu Yeon or will it be Naksu who will be back in Naksu's original body in season 2?

- I fast-forwarded through some parts, because I thought it was dragging again. They could have wrapped it up in 16 episodes, 18 max if they thought they really needed extra time.

- Maidservant Kim's love issues are still going nowhere, which at this point, despite the humor, is also frustrating because it is like going in circles without any resolution.

- Why is no one able to catch Jin Mu? Shouldn't all resources have been mobilized to make it happen? Didn't they all know already he was the prince's master, and no one thought of keeping a closer eye on the prince's movements or sentiments to know how he felt about everything that just unfolded? By no one, I am talking about those knowing the truth about the King's Star, while witnessing the prince get praised.

- The acting and designs are good. The ending feels forced, just to create a season 2... I feel disappointed, 

Spoiler

though I am happy that both JU and Naksu/BY are alive.

- The whole season didn't do BY justice: we still barely know her, we know people used her a lot, including her dad and especially her lying, cheating uncle (she can feel people's bad energy, but apparently not when it comes to her family), we know how she got lost, but we don't know her personality, what she liked, what her pet-peeves were, it seems she had no friends, since no one but her mom missed her, not even her sister (maybe she was too young when BY disappeared); we know she had the ice stone, but still not too clear what amount of power that gave her or her body, still unclear to me why she highjacked Naksu soul shifting and had her come into BY's body instead. Will season 2 do her justice and answer our questions?

Spoiler

BY's body is partially petrified, due to going wild, but both ladies should be alive, no? We only saw the real Naksu in the promo, which I am happy about, but BY needs her story to be properly told and to come full circle. I hope they will, somehow, save her body, too.

- The queen: Will she stay in Shaman Choi's body forever?

Thanking all the chingus who made this thread so fun and lively, and thank you mods!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

I was annoyed to by the last episode as everyone has been mentioning. That said, we all could expect it since we knew season 2 was coming.

I have to admit I am looking forward to see how gyj leads season 2. I hope they complete this properly and hopefully have a happy ending for the leads. I feel somin will have some sort of cameo at the end too .. especially to bring closure or happiness for buyeon.

One thing, they always refer to some old scenes where they don't always produce the effect of it. Like jinmu remembering shamans word about people change people and look to those who came into their lives before the change began. That is how he connected mudeok to naksu.

One thing...Junguk promises naksu to take her to the top of the tree...he has yet to do that from what I remember. I have a feeling that will be in S2 ...my gut tells me it will be in the last episode of S2 if it's a happy ending. 

Thoughts?