[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Oh, no...that duel..  I love both of them. What I do.   

Yul looks so handsome in todays episode.  

I liked that straightforward talks between Uk and Master Lee.

Uk admitted without hesitation that he liked Mudeok.

Im glad Uk finally found out about the story between Naksu and Yul.

• Like 6

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” is on the rise!

On July 30, the fantasy romance drama successfully remained first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 6.3 percent. While the episode fell short of the drama’s all-time high from last Sunday, the figure marks the show’s highest viewership ratings to date for a Saturday, when “Alchemy of Souls” ratings are typically lower compared to Sundays.

“Alchemy of Souls” also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 3.3 percent.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 6

Apparently we all fell for the oldest trick in the drama books

:rickroll:

As usual saturday's episode is quite slow (took more than 30 minutes to wrap the cheonbugwan-trap scenes up). Still i cracked up during their skit to escape the bugwanju punishment. I love it when they're being dramatic :Megalol:

Also that part when uk and master lee teasing each other about their crushes :hwaiting2:

Also i was kidding about yul and uk fighting but now they actually do?!?! And yul plans to leave??? Whyyyy??? I still want to see more of his action scenes :bawling:

I think Yul will end up staying longer, because MD will be in danger soon, as Jin paused when she had the fabric covering her eyes. He might figure out that she (her body) is the blind girl he has been looking for, and try to get her to use her powers (remember she can open that magic gates that has all the relics... Thoughts?

Also, I feel like I have been waiting for that fight #10 for an eternity, lol. I hope we will see all of it tomorrow. :)

• Like 5

the queen gave Jin Mu a point to note and trace back who started to be around to cause Jang Uk's incredulous speed of improving.. he might have suspected Teacher Lee at first, but there was only Jang Uk and Mu Deok alone with the wild Eunuch Kim at the constellation basin (YES ITS FINALLY REVEALED.. LOL i thought pensieve sounded much more grand and mysterious!).. being the baddie of all times, i'm sure he will be the first one to link up the pieces to know that Naksu is still alive! Bu Yeon is alive! now it's 2-in-1 !!!

at the moment, only Jang Uk, Seo Yul and Teacher Lee know of Naksu soul inside Mu Deok.. Park Jin might start to suspect but he is as usual, slower in the race (why?? why?? why??) but no one correlates with Bu Yeon since she was never someone that they actually know much or spent much effort to try search for (in terms of all these years, her traits etc)

==

finally we learnt that Yul is not alone! seems like his dad, Seo II holds a very important military position in some Fortress.

so tonite is going to be Seo Yul songrim chisu vs Jang Uk lake <superlongname> golden fish chisu

==

10 hours ago, marrez1 said:

i think they will add other female character for Crown prince

Yun Ok is here!! lol

let's just utilise the remaining casts here and not add more new ones lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

it is confirmed thar mudeok is the secret identity/name of Jin Buyeon. She is older version of Jin Buyeon. She did not soul shift to another body. She was pushed into the water, and disappeared. Jin Mu confirmed that Buyeon’s magic is the energy of the sky same as her ancestor, JIN seol Ran. Buyeon has ice stone given by Jang Gang to revive her with urging of her mother, jin Ho gyeong. take a note that Jung somin was trained Korean dance in past. It does feel like she was given a role of Mudeok/jin buyeon to perform magic in Korean dance like Jin seol-ran. We may watch it when jin buyeon emerged over Naksu’s soul. 

Now we know that naksu has noblest origins. Besides she is daughter of cho chung, it does seems to be Naksu has same destiny of jang Uk and Buyeon. Naksu said her power comes from water. When she fights- she can control and manipulate water. Naksu story is missing from the partnership of the founder of songrim and the blind mage Jin Seol ran. There should be a third person possibly Naksu’s descendant. And the key is that Jang Gang is looking for her. Something compromised cho chung to do dangerous magic that turned him wild and betrayed his family. That was around the time jin buyeon is still with her mom and family, and Jang Uk with him. But he has no memory of him at all. He was so desperate after seeing cho chung’s corpse. Cho chung died when naksu was around 2-3 years old. Jin buyeon disappeared when she was around 10-11 years old. So he is not looking for her since she was still with JIn family. He needs winter energy- jang uk, energy of the sky-jin buyeon, and energy of water- Naksu. You see air and water together with winter energy- ice stone. Naksu could be the key of controlling water/lake energy. She is strongest when she fought on frozen lake. She was so powerful there. When she left the lake, she became weaker and weaker trying to escape. This is when she met Mudeok. 

I don’t think jin buyeon stole Naksu’s soul. She found her. And use her powers to bring her to her body as a vessel. Jin buyeon can feel the energy around her. Her very special talent. She knew naksu is the key, and found her and saved her to allow her soul into her body. Jin buyeon was considered to be gentle to fault, quiet genius, humble (blindness or disability does make you very humble), and weak in physical. It is also Jin buyeon saved Naksu. However why she didn’t go to Naksu’s body. Reason: naksu’s body is already dying. Also Naksu’s identity is wanted person in songrim and jin mu js looking for her. So buyeon is also staying in her body because her body is ice stone. She can’t leave her own body. She is letting naksu to be the vessel. 

It brings together that jang gang did not return and also not aware that jin buyeon disappeared. He was looking for naksu but not realising jin mu got her first. Jin mu tried to control buyeon but failed. Jang Uk is under care of park jin and other masters. So naksu is also the key- the energy of water/lake. 

when they are in constellation room- three powers United- water, air, and winter energy- opened the sky. Lightening probably came from Jin Buyeon’s power. She deals with the sky. It shows that there is presence of jin buyeon. Only jin mu knows that. 

i hope jin mu put suspicions Mudeok’s identity that she is real jin buyeon into rest. I was half relived that mudeok removed the blindfold quickly and finally see again. 

About everyone not minding much about buyeon’s disappearance. Only jang gang and Jin ho gyeong knows the deepest secret about buyeon. Not even park jin knows her importance. Jang gang left without know jin buyeon will eventually disappear. Here is a thing about nobody helping out: it was already too long and too impossible. Park jin knows someone is missing but they have tried. He didn’t know the importance of buyeon because it is best well kept secret. Jin mu knows because he is assistant gwanju. He knows everything going on with jang gang’s sorcery. He know more than park Jin about jang gang. Now things will unravel that jang gang may return because jang uk, buyeon, and naksu opened the sky. Three powers found each other and open the sky. 

the kiss is finally finally there!

The fight is going to be interesting. Jang Uk finally became a mage to achieve chisu. The craziest thing he will achieve hwansu- that is jin Buyeon. She May emerge and teach him hwansu. Not sure if master hemp Lee can teach him that. He probably know the strange soul has hwansu.  Naksu represent tansu but uk did not achieve yet. He needs water. He needs the power to control water to come to him. Naksu is famous for tansu. He has to depend on her energy but he achieved the technique of tansu. I don’t think master hemp Lee is aware of jin buyeon’s identity with her magic with hwansu. I think only jang gang, jin mu, and jin ho gyeong knows. You know why she is so desperate. Buyeon is a very dangerous relic that needed to be destroyed. She has hwansu- very very very forbidden magic. That is why they hide her talent to avoid falling into wrong hands. It is quite similar how they suppressed Jang UK. They did the same to jin buyeon.  

now there is a more to the subtle story of jin Buyeon/mudeok and naksu. 

Edited by Tina288

Park dang gu of songrim and jin cheoyeon’s love story could make them the reincarnation of founder of songrim and jin seol-ran. 

Spoiler

Jang Uk is son of king and son of gwanju. He could be lime the founder of songrim with king star. And jin buyeon inherited blindness. Both of them are born due to alchemy of souls. They may not be the reincarnation of the duos. 

what I am really hoping that jung somin continues to be the love interest of Lee jae wook’s character even beyond to part two. I Hope they won’t have doomed love story. Wah! 

19 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Jang uk loves Nasku, it's Nasku's soul who is inside Mudeok's body

Yul also loves Nasku

Crown prince , i think it's a mix with both body and soul

With the recent rumor, i think that Mudeok is gonna dead, and Nasku will take her original body back, it's a fantasy drama, anything is possible, ice stone exist lol, with this possibility i wonder how the romance will be?! i think they will add other female character for Crown prince in part 2 of 10 episodes, no necessarilly endgame. Fake buyeon want Yul, but i  don't think he will want her.

Anyone has their prediction.

Ok here's a thought...:daydream:

Naksu for Yul    (find a new body)   :fullofhearts:

Bu-Yeon for Jang Uk  (stay in Mu-deok's body)   :fullofhearts:

Mu-Deok(mixed soul)  for Crown prince (only a short term fantasy when Naksu and Bu-Yeon's soul are mixed together  and confusing everyone....) now and eventually Mu-Deok becomes Bu-Yeon when Naksu leaves her body...  and that leaves CP only with fond memories because the mixed soul does not exist.  :sweet:

So you could be right that Mu-Deok "dies" (come back as Bu-yeon...heehee)  because it's only Bu_yeon and Naksu who will continue as souls in different bodies, that is my hope too.

Do your magic, ice stone!  :transforms:  the fun of a fantasy story.....

• Like 4

so tonight Mudeok will be considered a murder suspect?!:rage: Park Jin  will see her next to the body, I hope it won't take several episodes, but the article mentioned that this will be the start of uncovering the secrets surrounding the mystery of Mudeok's past, so I'm guessing by next week, the others will begin to know that she is Buyeon,  i hope she will not be in prison 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

so tonight Mudeok will be considered a murder suspect?!:rage: Park Jin  will see her next to the body, I hope it won't take several episodes, but the article mentioned that this will be the start of uncovering the secrets surrounding the mystery of Mudeok's past, so I'm guessing by next week, the others will begin to know that she is Buyeon,  i hope she will not be in prison 

no, mudeok will not be murder suspect for what happened in cheongbawan. Eunuch Kim was found to be alive (he got ice stone secretly).

Cheongbawan at the moment when they found jang uk and mudeok, nobody was killed or left dead. The eye witness: mudeok and jang uk said there is attempted murder of mudeok and soul shifter (eunuch Kim). Both under order of jin mu. Jin mu was consider to be suspect. But the queen came and saved the eunuch using ice stone to exonerated jin mu. Nobody is the murder suspect for now. 

Things arises starting with master hemp lee was telling maidservant Kim that cho family member is lingering around jang uk. Park Jin has his suspicions that there is something strange about mudeok. She did what jang uk cannot do. Park jin thinks anyone who release or give the power to jang uk will bring chaos. He has suspicious that naksu is inside Mudeok’s body. Naksu under jin mu and was a shadow assassin is committing a treason not murder. If naksu revealed, she could be the eye witness against jin mu. 

park jin needs to confirm about mudeok. He has to investigate because jang uk was getting so strong. And also master Lee mention to jang uk that he knows jang uk heard the conversation about naksu. He knows jang uk is protecting naksu. Park jin is trying to prove that mudeok is naksu and also a soul shifter. They have to put end to every soul shifter. And also naksu committed a treason. It all tied to mudeok. 

one interesting thing is that we saw the person who was with park jin, was the one who sold mudeok to brothel. That guy only know and confirm that mudeok is blind. That is very important keyword that we hope park jin can connect the dots that she could be jin buyeon, not just naksu. Then hopefully it will bring out real jin buyeon to save Naksu’s name along with jang uk. Jang gang will also be the one to save Nasku too from treason. 

here is a thing, park jin lacks the information about buyeon. It seems like it is very well kept secret of cheongbawan under jang gang and jin mu, and jin hogyeong. Because If anyone know, buyeon will be considered as a treason along with jang uk who was born from the king’s soul in mage’s body. For Naksu, we don’t know much about it yet. Jang gang will be the one to explain. Everyone in naksu family died. No eyewitness. 

The actual murder suspect and committed treason: the queen, jin mu, choi family (souls inside different bodies), and the father of jin buyeon and cheyeon. He is not soul shifter because he knows every single thing about jin buyeon’s mole and scar. So he is her own father. If he is soul shifter, he won’t have any memory. Just like naksu in Mudeok’s body. Mudeok turned out to be older version of jin buyeon with no soul shifting. But she stays dormant to allow naksu to use her soul and memory in Mudeok’s body. Naksu knows nothing about buyeon or felt it. 

if anyone thinks that jin buyeon shifted to another body when she was younger, she will no longer have ice stone. Secondly we saw someone who is blind with Mudeok (jung somin) saving jang uk in soul shifting universe. If you think buyeon body shifted with Soyi; it should show the mudeok as the look of go Hye won who plays soyi instead of jung somin. Buyeon is mudeok and vice versa starring by jung somin. Go hye Won is clearly soyi who will eventually become fake jin buyeon. 

Ahhh, no, Yul is never going to end up with Naksu, not in any form. She doesn't love him. It was always a one way crush. I know, Kdramas make second leads loveable and you sometimes really wish it would work out. But the consciousness/mind inside of Mudeok is Naksu. She loves Uk. Uk knows she's Naksu and loves her (not just her face). Naksu remembers Yul, sure. She liked his whistle? But he was always the one doing the chasing. And she's incredulous that he would actually believe her made-up story of being in love with him. She only pretended that so she could help Uk. If for some reason, they bring back Naksu's body and she returns to it--she's still going to end up with Uk. The original Mudeok/Buyeon person? Uk doesn't know her at all. He's seen her appear silently a couple of times, but that's not the person he knows, talks to, and is in love with.

What I find interesting, though, is that they wanted to have a marriage between the Jin family and the Jang family. And if Buyeon is there? Check. And there was also that closeness between the Cho family (Naksu's original family) and the Jang family. Check. So, can't we find a way to "flatten image" (to speak in Photoshop terms) and keep everyone inside Mudeok into one person? Cause she could solve a lot of problems that way. :) 

So far, it looks like Jin Mu is the only person with the faintest clue of Mudeok's original origin. And he suspects Naksu is alive, too, right? So he may know more than anyone...even Mudeok herself.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tina288 said:

no, mudeok will not be murder suspect for what happened in cheongbawan. Eunuch Kim was found to be alive (he got ice stone secretly).

the person who died is the one who sold Mudeok to the brothel, i think she will get framed

• Like 3