[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

15 hours ago, morganian said:

One possibility is that Jang Gang returned to his own body but because the king's body died, the king could not return to his own body? So Jang Gang's body could contain two souls that are in constant conflict. Sometimes Jang Gang has control over himself and is able to do things like seal his son from magic, but sometimes not, so he's exiled himself from court to figure things out.

The King's soul is probably waiting to take over Uk's body? 

good point! I was thinking about that too  since Jang Gang can shift his soul back into his body after the agreed 7 days. If he were that powerful, couldn’t he just kick out the King and keep him in a jar? I mean, there is no more physical King, the soul shifting deal was between them, so no one would know if he did that.

also, the soul seems to steer the body and hold power - While biologically, Jang Uk may be spawned from the seed of Jang Gang when the king took residence, his mage powers should come from the soul, no? So if Jang Uk is destined to be the all powerful mage that he is to be, Jang Gang’s body & soul should partake in his making. 

I don’t know if the king has any ability to wrestle with Jang Gang in the latter’s body but I amuse myself with the thought of squishing the vile king into an itsy bitsy jar …

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Dish On “Alchemy Of Souls,” What Their Teamwork Is Like, And More

“Alchemy of Souls” co-stars Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min showed off their fantastic chemistry in Cosmopolitan!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Lee Jae Wook stars as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. Jang Wook has a tragic backstory, with the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Despite seeming cool and indifferent on the outside, he is burning with fiery mischievousness on the inside.

Jung So Min plays Mu Deok Yi, who secretly harbors the soul of the great assassin Nak Soo. However, this fierce soul is stuck in an impossibly weak body that cannot keep up with Nak Soo’s powerful spirit. After becoming Jang Wook’s attendant and secret teacher, she begins training him in a brutal, merciless manner.

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min-1.jpg

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min.jpeg

In the following interview, Lee Jae Wook talked about his character Jang Wook. He remarked, “He’s a three-dimensional character who doesn’t overlap with any other roles I’ve played so far. The non-obvious narrative and non-obvious character are the charms of ‘Alchemy of Souls.'”

Concerning his teamwork with Jung So Min, whom he’s working with for the first time, he commented, “As soon as So Min enters the set, the surroundings brighten up. She’s a person who is serious about acting, and at the same time, she spreads bright energy.”

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook-2.jpeg

Lee-Jae-Wook-1.jpeg

Jung So Min shared her love for the drama, saying, “The script went smoothly like a comic book. ‘Alchemy of Souls’ is like a drama where you grow curious about the upcoming unpredictable story in episode 11 after watching episode 10.”

She also mentioned Lee Jae Wook and stated, “He’s an actor who keeps trying new things. He seems serious at first, but after you get to know him, he’s very playful.”

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min-2.jpeg

Jung-So-Min-1.jpeg

“Alchemy of Souls” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Dish On “Alchemy Of Souls,” What Their Teamwork Is Like, And More | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I am so in love with everything I have seen so far. The chemistry is electrifying between the main leads. Looking forward to the next episode!

I think He is only tone who can see her blueish tint in her eyes because he has connection to soul swapping with the king maybe? time will tell that is  my theory.

Edited by Daesun

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung So Min Secretly Spies On Hwang Minhyun With Mysterious Intentions In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Jun 24, 2022

tvN’s new drama “Alchemy of Souls” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Previously, Mu Deok Yi (played by Jung So Min), whose body is occupied with the soul of the great assassin Nak Soo, poisoned Jang Wook’s (Lee Jae Wook‘s) tea and promised him that if he survived, she would become his master, piquing curiosity about their teacher-student relationship.

The new stills from the drama’s next episode raises questions about Mu Deok Yi’s relationship with Seo Youl (Hwang Minhyun), the genius scion of the noble Seo family. In one photo, she hides behind a bookshelf and sneaks a peek at him. She continues to wander around him as she keeps her keen eyes on him. Seo Youl, who seems to have noticed someone watching him, suspiciously looks at Mu Deok Yi.

Jung-So-Min3.jpg

Hwang-Minhyun1.jpg

Spoiler

Alchemy-of-Souls7.jpg

“Alchemy of Souls” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Jung So Min Secretly Spies On Hwang Minhyun With Mysterious Intentions In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

There was a poll for worst hairstyles in kdrama. This drama will make a good candidate. We have a bunch of ugly hairstyles!

How do you think we Event Organizers got the idea to organize the Worst Hair event? :D 

NGL some of the hairstyles in this drama should have been included

:loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Share A Passionate Embrace In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Get ready for romance to blossom on tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Mu Deok Yi (Jung So Min) went to extreme lengths to test Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook), who wanted to become her pupil. After putting his life in danger in order to reopen his gate of energy, Mu Deok Yi triumphantly accepted Jang Wook as her student, while he in turn called her his “crazy teacher.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, the budding romance between the unusual teacher-student duo is on full display as they share a passionate embrace outside. The emotional look in Jang Wook’s eyes while pulling Mu Deok Yi close, as if afraid that she might be taken from him, raises the question of what led to this romantic moment.

Meanwhile, the warm smile on Mu Deok Yi’s face reveals just how much comfort she finds in being held in Jang Wook’s arms.

Lee-Jae-Wook.jpeg

Lee-Jae-Wook-21.jpeg

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min.jpeg

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on June 25 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Share A Passionate Embrace In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Shin Seung Ho Elevate Tension With Their First Match Against Each Other In “Alchemy of Souls”

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” shared an exciting sneak peek of the upcoming episode!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Mu Deok Yi (Jung So Min) went to extreme lengths to test Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook), who wanted to become her pupil. After putting his life in danger in order to reopen his gate of energy, Mu Deok Yi triumphantly accepted Jang Wook as her student.

The newly released stills amp up anticipation for what will unfold in tonight’s episode. In the photos, Jang Wook is participating in his first match, and his opponent is none other than the petty and mischievous crown prince Go Won (Shin Seung Ho) of Daeho nation. Despite being nervous about experiencing something new, he shows strong will and a confident spirit as if he intends to never back down. Someone’s sharp blade is aimed at Mu Deok Yi, making the atmosphere fill with thicker tension. Go Won maximizes the intensity of the moment with his death glare that pulsates with anger.

Lee-Jae-Wook-1.jpg

Jung-So-Min4.jpg

Spoiler

Shin-Seung-Ho.jpg

Go Won is a skilled fighter who learned from Jin Mu (Jo Jae Yoon), the vice-head of the government office Cheonbugwan who rose to his government post while hiding his wicked ambitions. On the other hand, Jang Wook is a rookie who just opened his gate of energy and became Mu Deok Yi’s pupil. Why is Jang Wook going against the crown prince in the first place, and will he be able to defend himself against someone who is much more experienced than he is?

To find out the results of their pending match, tune in to the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” that airs on June 25 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Shin Seung Ho Elevate Tension With Their First Match Against Each Other In “Alchemy of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 3

I just googled the meaning of alchemy.. It is.. The way two individuals relate to each other <3  

~~~ I am dying ~~~  

:dead:

I love this drama!! I hope I will find a way to be able to watch this until the end. Hiks :confounded: I’m too busy <3 

I am still in ep 1.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Prediction:

Mage Park Jin and Head Maidservant Kim Do Joo will be married by the end of this drama. :heartxoxo:

Summary:

Park Jin was hopelessly in love with Jang Gang's wife Do Hwa. Kim Do Joo was hopelessly in love with Jang Gang. A match that could never happen for either party. They slowly bond over this cruel fate of theirs, and find solace in each other.

Park Jin won't have to drink wine anymore to cure his "insomnia". The end.

Alchemy_of_Souls-Yu_Jun_Sang.jpg

:heart:

Alchemy_of_Souls-Oh_Na-Ra1.jpg

Overall ep 3 was pretty good. I liked the fact that we got more of the backstory of Jang Gang and the King.

As predicted, it was confirmed that Uk is indeed the son of the late King (the star in the sky when he was born) but that Uk is also the product of Jang Gang (embodying the powers of Jang Gang). The reason why Jang Gang stripped Uk's energy was to protect him from the Royal Family (who btw seem to be all real evil :rage:). It makes sense that they would see it as treason if they found out Uk is (at least partially) royal.

Anyone else here who hopes we will see more of Jang Gang? Joo Sang Wook is one hot ahjussi oppa. :love:

Also, how many of you ship Naksu/Mu Deok with Yul instead of Uk? Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I wouldn't mind if Naksu ended up with Yul.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Also, how many of you ship Naksu/Mu Deok with Yul instead of Uk? Might be an unpopular opinion here, but I wouldn't mind if Naksu ended up with Yul.

Cheer Applause GIF by Peanuts

I'M FOR NAKSU AND YUL !!!

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Mage Park Jin and Head Maidservant Kim Do Joo will be married by the end of this drama.

there is so much humor in the drama lol

and i learnt that songrim elders really love wine

i love Dang Gu too! he is such a nice and innocent person! he even tries to help Mu Deok get near to Yul after knowing that "she likes him" !!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

I'M FOR NAKSU AND YUL !!!

Yay! Glad I'm not the only one :heart4:

The fact that the sister of Jin Cho Yeon had either disappeared or died: there's a bigger story behind that, don't you think?
If she disappeared, could she be Naksu?

To me it looks like the ladies in the Jin family are the ones with the real power (Cho Yeon's mom seemed to be a very powerful mage), and Naksu has immense mage powers. Even though she's an assassin, I bet she couldn't have been trained to become so skillful without having the "genes" for it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

The fact that the sister of Jin Cho Yeon had either disappeared or died: there's a bigger story behind that, don't you think?
If she disappeared, could she be Naksu?

i think Naksu's parents and village had been wiped out in a massacre or something.. and Jin Mu took her in and trained her as an assassin.. 

i didn't watch closely enough earlier.. the soul shifter that went mad and being kept under control by feeding him with live prisoners energy.. was he, the crown prince??

Jin Mu's right hand man is.. probably Naksu's senior? he seems to be wary of Jin Mu and i think he will secretly help Naksu eventually..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i think Naksu's parents and village had been wiped out in a massacre or something.. and Jin Mu took her in and trained her as an assassin.. 

Well yes, that's what I was thinking too. But it wasn't shown clearly that it was really her birth parents, was it? For all we know, she could have gotten lost or kidnapped as a child and whoever took her in were the ones who were killed?

I was at first thinking it could be Mu Deok who is the real sister, but it doesn't make sense because she's weak and doesn't have the powers Naksu has. Nah, it makes more sense that Naksu would have inherited her powers from her real mom.

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i didn't watch closely enough earlier.. the soul shifter that went mad and being kept under control by feeding him with live prisoners energy.. was he, the crown prince??

It wasn't shown. He looked like an old man, but he did say that they would meet later in the royal palace. Meaning that the soul shifter is living or working in the palace.

Jin Mu did meet with the Crown Prince later though, so of course it might be possible that the soul shifter is a person from the Royal Family.

What is clear is that the Royal Family is evil.

Agree about Jin Mu's assistant. He already lied about the real Mu Deok - I can see him turning on Jin Mu When the time is right.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Stars Talk About Their Real-Life Friendship

Jun 25, 2022

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, the men of tvN’s new drama “Alchemy of Souls” dished on their chemistry and friendship!

Lee Jae Wook stars as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook, who has the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Minhyun stars as Seo Youl, the genius scion of the noble Seo family, while Yoo In Soo plays the popular and outgoing Park Dang Gu, who is the heir to the wealthy Park family and their business empire. Finally, Shin Seung Ho plays Go Won, Daeho’s petty and ill-tempered crown prince.

Explaining that they have all become good friends in real life, the four stars remarked, “I think we were able to get close because we’re all around the same age. Since we were able to find things we had in common, it was easy for us to talk to and understand each other. Now, we know each other so well we can finish each other’s sentences.”

Lee-Jae-Wook-Minhyun-720x900.jpg

Shin-Seung-Ho-Yoo-In-Soo-719x900.jpg

The actors also expressed confidence in how their real-life friendship and chemistry add to the strength of their drama.

“Setting aside the individual roles each of us play, we believe the chemistry between the actors shines through in the drama,” they said. “Even when we feel tired on the filming set, if we joke around and have fun chatting with each other, we gain strength again when it’s time to stand in front of the camera; and it seems like [that chemistry] becomes a driving force that makes it possible for us to immerse ourselves in our acting.”

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook4.jpg

Minhyun-768x1039.jpg

Minhyun went on to share that he had already admired his co-stars before working together with them for “Alchemy of Souls.”

“All three of the other guys are actors that had previously made me think, ‘Wow, that actor is really cool,'” said Minhyun. “While working together on this drama, I learned so many things from watching them—acting, obviously, but lots of other things as well. Since it was comfortable and fun whenever we met on set, the atmosphere during filming became better and better.”

Minhyun also revealed that the four of them hang out together outside of the filming set, explaining, “We often go out to eat delicious food together and things like that.”

Spoiler

Shin-Seung-Ho1-768x1039.jpg

Yoo-In-Soo2-768x1039.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-2.jpg

Lee Jang Wook, Minhyun, Yoo In Soo, and Shin Seung Ho’s full pictorial and interview can be found in the latest issue of 1st Look magazine.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Stars Talk About Their Real-Life Friendship | Soompi

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” Is Most-Watched Miniseries Of Entire Week As “Alchemy Of Souls” Remains No. 1 In Its Time Slot

Meanwhile, tvN’s new fantasy romance drama “Alchemy of Souls” saw a slight dip in viewership for its third episode, which earned an average nationwide rating of 5.3 percent. However, despite the minor decrease, the drama successfully remained first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“Why Her?” Is Most-Watched Miniseries Of Entire Week As “Alchemy Of Souls” Remains No. 1 In Its Time Slot | Soompi

• Like 5
  • Love 1