[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Yes they saw the blue mark on Naksu's body. I think it's back in the first episode when Park Jin and gang crash into the "tavern" and found Naksu's body. They did check for the bruise. It's confirmed that Naksu's soul left.

ok, i hope the blue mark is just a trace of indication that soul shift had been performed but not that the swapped soul actually resides there.. else, Mu Deok soul would have died together in the severely injured body..

i'm a bit confused with Jin Mu's identity as well.. so he was half brother to Cho Yeon's mom.. but Jang Gang took him in as a servant.. ??

@LeftCoastOppa i quite like the link between crown prince and Mu Deok haha, she is Dung Mu Deok.. and i think he likes her wits too

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

ok, i hope the blue mark is just a trace of indication that soul shift had been performed but not that the swapped soul actually resides there.. else, Mu Deok soul would have died together in the severely injured body..

i'm a bit confused with Jin Mu's identity as well.. so he was half brother to Cho Yeon's mom.. but Jang Gang took him in as a servant.. ??

Blame my utter lack of creativity, but I find it easier to resolve the story if original Mudeok perish together with Naksu's body but it does feel cruel. So lets see..

I'm a bit confused with the relationship between them too but I guess Jin Mu villainy probably stem from his deep seated insecurity from being looked down upon his less direct lineage? :unsure:

@LeftCoastOppa This twitter user gave a pretty comprehensive map, not sure about the source though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

This twitter user gave a pretty comprehensive map, not sure about the source though?

wow, that's really a helpful relationship chart!

at least we get to know Teacher Lee is Lee Cheol.. and the attendant eunuch to the Queen could have been the wild soul shifter that has been making frequent trips to take in human energy from prisoners?

• Blob 4

1 hour ago, kwayteow_mama said:

@sadthe1st yup he certainly look like the wild soul shifter in Jin Mu's secret back room. I saw some speculation on the identity of this person but I don't want to spoil the story at this point.

Spill the tea, please !

Press Conference Kermit GIF

• LOL 4

@partyon Most prolly a crack theory. Also I don't 100% follow the Korean commentator.

Here you go, you have been warned... :warning:

Spoiler

Wild soul shifter whom Jin Mu secretly serve could be ex King attempting a nefarious plan to prolong his life through switching soul with his son at some point

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 1

@kwayteow_mama Gonna be honest with you here. My thoughts have been similar to that theory.

Spoiler

I have been suspecting from the start that the King is not dead but that he is hiding in another body.

I think he might be the evil dude who keeps sucking the energy from people to keep his body alive. You see, he said that he was living in the palace. Meaning it’s very possible that he is from the royal family.

EDIT: Read @sadthe1st post and I see that we have the same thought here!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@partyon @kwayteow_mama

Spoiler

if that's really him, i think he would want his son to ascend the throne instead..

==

but, Jang Gang was so sure that the king is already dead.. since he told Park Jin that Jang Uk is the son of a dead man.

unless Jin Mu double cross his master.. helped Jang Gang eject the king's soul out of Jang Gang's body, did the soul shift for the king with the eunuch, then lied about the king's death..

hahaha i'm contradicting myself.. just let me, sit in one corner and do some soul searching..

sad guru studio GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

@sadthe1st @kwayteow_mama

Spoiler

Oh you know Jin Mu is an evil guy to the core. No question about it.

The actor playing him always plays these evil roles. Dude broke my heart in Empress Ki with his shenanigans as Gol Ta. :kicks:

@Sleepy Owl and @agenth can attest to that.

He was such a nice sweet trusted eunuch servant to my oppa

empress-ki-jo-jae-yun.jpg

Until he wasn't anymore :rage:

Angry Looney Tunes GIF

Seriously glad when he was offed

fullsizephoto431707.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Misbehaving Student Lee Jae Wook Meets His Match In Jung So Min On “Alchemy Of Souls”

Lee Jae Wook’s grueling training will finally begin on this week’s episodes of “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Mu Deok (Jung So Min) revealed to Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) that they were on their way to Naksu’s hometown of Danhyanggok, where he would undergo his training under her tutelage.

Although Jang Wook is a notoriously difficult student whom no teacher has yet been able to control, Mu Deok is no ordinary master, and she doesn’t go easy on him as she sets out to teach him the basics of Tansu.

However, in spite of Mu Deok’s expert teachings and Jang Wook’s determination to become a master swordsman, he isn’t yet at the level where he can control the power in his right hand. In newly released photos from the drama’s upcoming episode, he grips his bright red hand in pain as he looks up at his master in despair.

Lee-Jae-Wook6-800x533.jpg

Jung-So-Min6-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook-2-800x533.jpg

The producers of “Alchemy of Souls” teased, “From their first training session in Danhyanggok, Jung So Min will give Lee Jae Wook a special lesson on Tansu.”

To find out whether Lee Jae Wook will be able to master the art of Tansu, tune in to the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” on July 2 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Misbehaving Student Lee Jae Wook Meets His Match In Jung So Min On “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, kwayteow_mama said:

Some people take offence that storyline is taken from wuxia stories but I see it resembling more like Naruto/Bleach manga trope with a Korean fantasy flavor to it.

Actually the sealing technique is same when Minato sealed the kyuu bi in baby Naruto that time. While the soul shifting is similar with the forbidden jutsu of orochimaru. But still this drama is different. Since the main leads will eventually fall in love in the process. Cheers for jang uk/mu deok :cheers:

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook Gets Jealous Over Minhyun Embracing Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Get ready for the love triangle between Lee Jae Wook, Minhyun, and Jung So Min to heat up on “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Previously on “Alchemy of Souls,” Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) became jealous after noticing that something was up between Mu Deok (Jung So Min) and Seo Youl (Minhyun), and he poutily told her that she wasn’t allowed to fall in love with just anyone: “You’re only allowed to come this close to me and no one else.”

On the next episode of the drama, Jang Wook is none too pleased when Mu Deok and Seo Youl unexpectedly share a romantic reunion in Danhyanggok. Concerned about his friend Jang Wook, Seo Youl has traveled all the way to Danhyanggok to find him—but when he gets there, he suddenly finds himself embracing an intoxicated Mu Deok to save her from falling off a cliff.

Notably, even though the characters haven’t yet recognized the significance of the moment, Danhyanggok is the exact place where Seo Youl and Naksu first met back when they were children—and where they made meaningful memories that neither of them have been able to forget as adults.

In newly released stills of the unexpected moment between the reunited duo, Seo Youl isn’t the only one startled by the encounter: while Seo Youl wears an expression of surprise, the devastated look in Jang Wook’s eyes reveals just how jealous and worried he is about his potential romantic rival.

Jung-So-Min.jpg

Jung-So-Min-Minhyun.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook.jpg

To find out where this love triangle will lead, tune in to the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” on July 2 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

Lee Jae Wook Gets Jealous Over Minhyun Embracing Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Well a lot of comments regarding this drama influenced a lot from China/Japan  but one must understand these countries shared the same history and the people migrated without borders in the old times.  If you learn about ancient history it is normal to read about how these countries do have similar story and they even share similar folklore

• Like 4

Mudeok was just awakening and she heard Seo Yul talk about birds and when he fell and broke his leg. She also told them that the tea they were drinking was chaste tea, and Seo Yul put his tea down.

• Like 2

Still curious why Muk Deok don't remember waking up when Jang Uk fighting with Master Lee. Maybe it was original Muk Deok awaken instead of Naksu?

I hope preview in Episode 6 don't deceive us! 

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min’s Meaningful Eye Contact Hints Changes In Their Relationship In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min will get one step closer to each other in “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang) told Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) that he isn’t Jang Gang’s (Joo Sang Wook‘s) son and that he’s the result of his mother’s affair, breaking Jang Wook’s heart. Towards the end, Mu Deok (Jung So Min) revealed to Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) that they were on their way to Naksu’s hometown of Danhyanggok, where he would undergo his training under her tutelage.

The newly released stills show Jang Wook and Mu Deok enjoying a peaceful moment by themselves. Both of them are gazing at an enormous tree, which is special to Naksu. Unlike Jang Wook, who is starting at the tree as if he’s overwhelmed by its large size, Mu Deok becomes lost in thought, and her expression is shadowed by complex emotions.

Lee-Jae-Wook-768x512.jpeg

Jung-So-Min-768x512.jpeg

In the following stills, Jang Wook and Mu Deok make affectionate eye contact that hints their relationship is about to get more solid than ever. They reflect emotions that go beyond a teacher and a student, and the romantic tension increases curiosity about what changes are in store for them.

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-768x512.jpeg

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min-768x512.jpeg

This episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on July 2 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min’s Meaningful Eye Contact Hints Changes In Their Relationship In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1