Kim Yoo Jung 김유정 金裕貞

Yuui

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/sbs-unveils-new-drama-lineup-with-top-stars/
SBS Unveils New Drama Lineup With Top Stars

by Eunkyung Cho | images: SBS

Spoiler

4E47A892-25C4-4F3D-9553-8B84B77EC566.jpg

After achieving satisfactory results with The Penthouse: War in Life and Taxi Driver, SBS unveiled a new lineup for the second half of the year. It plans to show various genres of dramas with stars such as Song Hye Kyo, Kim Nam Gil, and Kim Yoo Jung.

Red Sky

FDF1F4EA-F8B6-4079-99CD-80F31EC8E91B.jpg

Red Sky is a fantasy romance between Hong Cheon Ki, a woman with divine power, and Haram, a red-eyed man who reads the constellations. It is based on the bestseller of the same name written by Moon Embracing the Sun and Sungkyunkwan Scandal author Jung Eun Gwol. Hyena, My Love From the Star, and Deep Rooted Tree director Jang Tae Yu helms the series, starring Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Yoo Jung, and Gong Myung.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478204wpp/kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-and-more-gather-for-1st-script-reading-of-fantasy-historical-drama
Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, And More Gather For 1st Script Reading Of Fantasy Historical Drama

by L. Kim | Jul 6, 2021

D3E05E8B-E992-48B8-9DF3-8D7292FF5EDA.jpg

Upcoming SBS drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” has released photos from the cast’s first script reading!

A historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is based on the novel “”Hong Chun Gi” by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also been adapted into hit dramas. It’s directed by Jang Tae Yoo, whose past works include “My Love from the Star,” “Hyena,” and more.

The released photos show off the cast’s chemistry and passion from their first script reading back in November 2020.

First off, Kim Yoo Jung plays the role of Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. During the script reading, she perfectly depicted her character with her passionate performance that exuded Hong Chun Gi’s bold and courageous charms.

Ahn Hyo Seop showed his unrivaled presence as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight. The actor portrayed Ha Ram in a beautiful and mysterious light and heralded a new major character with his charming acting.

Gong Myung, who has acted in diverse movies and dramas, takes the role of Prince Anpyeong, who appears to be a free-spirited romantic but hides a deep loneliness. The actor will captivate women by transforming into a romantic prince who likes poetry, books, and art.

Kwak Si Yang showed off his charisma with his ardent acting as Prince Sooyang, a cruel and ambitious prince determined to be king at all costs. With this new role, he will show a never-before-seen side of himself and add tension to the plot.

077BE5E2-B91C-4E11-AE30-A494945E1752.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, and Gong Myung captivated everyone with their fantastic chemistry, and their enthusiastic performances and exciting teamwork have raised expectations for the drama. The addition of supporting actors with solid acting experience, like Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Kwang Gyu, and Moon Sook, heated up the first script reading even more.

The producers commented, “It was a script reading that could confirm the actors’ passionate performances and synergy. It was so lively that each character in the script was vividly felt, and it made everyone look more forward to the story of ‘Lovers of the Red Sky,’ which will be expressed in a video. Please anticipate the fantasy romance of ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ that is like a painting.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres in August and will be available on Viki.

Watch a teaser for the drama below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Spoiler

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/red-sky-sneak-peek-table-read-with-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop/
‘Red Sky’ Sneak Peek Table Read with Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop

by Kim Da In

D56A7F36-AE4E-4CFD-90DE-1C08C2572FC8.jpg

Credit: SBS

SBS Red Sky, which will air in August, gave a sneak peek of Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myoung, and Kwak Si Yang at the table read.

Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance drama with a female painter with spiritual power Hong Cheon Ki, and Ha Ram, a red-eyed man who reads constellations.

Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myoung, Kwak Si Yang, and others gathered in one place and recited their lines during the table read last November.

Kim Yoo Jung will transform into a confident and brave female painter Hong Cheon Ki with gifted skills. Ahn Hyo Seop will play Ha Ram, who reads the stars in the sky and draws attention to his nest potential best role. Gong Myoung will play the prince Yangmyeong, who loves arts and crafts. He is currently building a solid career by working actively in both movies and drama. Kwak Si Young will be the prince Soo Yang and exude a powerful charisma.

An official from Red Sky said, “It was such a fantastic time. Each character in the script was brought alive. It made us have high hopes for the furnished version of Red Sky. Please stay tuned for our upcoming drama.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Da In: I will provide exciting news of K-pop and K-dramas and Korean entertainment-related news.

HD pics from https://twitter.com/sbsnow/status/1412704284240596992?s=21

Spoiler

68E5D689-0720-43CD-A845-46A4F25E3803.jpg

79F235A5-28EE-4A7E-BB96-774EDC0DADF7.jpg

99048AE0-DFEF-43A4-8C50-6FB8FAB08E1B.jpg

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/05/ahn-hyo-seop-and-kim-yoo-jungs-upcoming-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky-confirmed-to-air-on-august-30th/
Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung’s Upcoming Drama ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ Confirmed to Air on August 30th

by Munjeong Jung

SBS has confirmed the first broadcasting date of Lovers of the Red Sky starring Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung on August 30th.

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Cheon Gi with a gifted divine power, and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

Based on the original work of the same name by Sungkyunkwan Scandal and The Moon Embracing the Sun author Jung Eun Gwol, Hyena, My Love from the Star, Deep Rooted Tree, and Painter of the Wind director Jang Tae Yoo will helm the drama series.

The teaser of Lovers of the Red Sky‘s, released on the 4th, features a sad romance of Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung, signaling an epic drama of fated love ahead.

In the clip, Kim says, “I have a lot to ask, but I’ll save them for later.” In return, Ahn Hyo Seop whispers in a low voice, “Even if I have feelings for thee, my body hath died once,” and drew attention to their untold stories. With a romantic caption that reads, “At the crossroads of life and death, fateful love begins,” their beautiful romance begins. 

The wonderful sneak peeks of Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop brings anticipation for the new series as it captures their lasting gaze and tragic future ahead.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles on K-Drama, K-Pop, and K-Movie as quickly as possible.

http://www.bbangyanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=4914
Kim Yoo-jung and Ahn Hyo-seop "Lovers Of The Red Sky" which will air on August 30 released the teaser video

By MoMo  | 2021.08.05

• [BBANGYA NEWS | Reporter Mo Mo] SBS' new drama "Lovers Of The Red Sky" heralded the epic of Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung's fateful love.

6762E52E-96F4-4D46-81DB-88E52D8BD917.jpg
Photo = SBS

SBS new Monday-Tuesday drama "Lovers Of The Red Sky" (directed by Jang Tae-yu/playwright Ha-eun/production studio S, Studio Tae-yu), which confirmed its first broadcast on August 30, is drawing explosive attention by releasing its first teaser on the 5th.

"Lovers Of The Red Sky" is a fantasy romance historical drama by Lovers Of The Red Sky (played by Kim Yoo-jung), a female painter with divine power, and Haram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop), a man with red eyes who reads the constellation of the sky.

Meanwhile, the first teaser of "Lovers Of The Red Sky" drew attention with the fateful love epic of Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung in the drama.  

The teaser video began with the two's mixed characters. Unlike Kim Yoo-jung, who appears with her eyes open brightly, Ahn Hyo-seop showed his red eyes while taking off his mask in the dark.  

With the phrase "At the crossroads between life and death, fateful love begins," the meeting between the two was beautifully unfolded.  

The story of the fantasy romance "Lovers Of The Red Sky," which was compressed in the 34-second video, was affectionate and intense. In particular, Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung's dazzling two-shot made viewers' hearts flutter.  

Already, the picturesque chemistry of the two actors, who are anxious to see prospective viewers, is making us look forward to the actual show even more.

Meanwhile, SBS new Monday-Tuesday drama "Lovers Of The Red Sky" will premiere at 10 p.m. on August 30.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/10/kim-yoo-jung-transforms-into-a-genius-painter-in-new-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky/
Kim Yoo Jung Transforms Into a Genius Painter In New Drama ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’

by Munjeong Jung

B7CC0A23-862B-4D70-8918-605EE81DC571.jpg

Spoiler

C834E7C8-A50F-465D-A37C-7208EE3F4C6D.jpg

7BE07F68-F595-4D81-B668-AB15BC486B1B.jpg

SBS’ new drama Lovers of the Red Sky shared new stills of Kim Yoo Jung.

Kim Yoo Jung, who returned to a historical drama after five years since Moonlight Drawn by clouds, has become a talented painter this time.

Lovers of the Red Sky is based on an original work published in 2016 by The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012) author Jung Eun Gwol.

Hong Chun Ki, played by Kim Yoo Jung, is the only female painter in Baekyu painting group. She has faced adversity with courage and confidence and earned money by forging famous artworks to pay for her father’s treatment. Kim Yoo Jung is expected to bring her character to life with healthy energy and a refreshing smile.

“Kim Yoo Jung has brought Hong Chun Ki to life ever since we started shooting,” the production team shared. They added, “I think Kim Yoo Jung is the only actress who can play Hong Chun Ki and bring out her charm 200%.” “Please stay tuned to see Kim Yoo Jung’s transformation that will captivate the viewers of the small screen again.”

Source (1)

——

[TABLE READING w EN Subs] Viu Original, Lovers of the Red Sky |

• Like 2

http://www.bbangyanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=5010
Kim Yu-jung x Ahn Hyo-seop 'Lovers Of The Red Sky' main poster is revealed

Reporter Nang | 2021.08.12 20:22

• [BBANGYA NEWS | Reporter Nang] SBS' "Lovers Of The Red Sky" unveiled the main poster of Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung's most affectionate eye contact in the world.

D8267B0B-5570-4C60-AE85-58DE0CE3C4B9.jpg

Spoiler

BAACF726-9C84-46D1-A275-E904E8AABF6B.jpg

D6E92D84-A8AA-45ED-A928-0B2DA5AC29C1.jpg

Photo = SBS

SBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Lovers Of The Red Sky" (directed by Jang Tae-yu/playwright Ha Eun/Produced Studio S, Studio Tae-yu) will premiere at 10 p.m. on August 30.

"Lovers Of The Red Sky" is a fantasy romance historical drama about Hong Chun-ki (played by Kim Yoo-jung), a female painter with divine power, and Haram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop), a man with red eyes who reads the constellation of the sky. It is a drama adaptation of the same-name novel by Jeong Eun-kwang, the original author of "Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Sungkyunkwan Scandal."

On the 12th, the production team of "Lovers Of The Red Sky" unveiled two main and couple posters of Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung's affectionate eyes.

The mysterious light drawn along the tip of Lovers Of The Red Sky's brush adds fantasy sensibility. The two lovers, woven by the invisible red thread of fate in the play, go through the frightening and mysterious things surrounding them.

SBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Lovers Of The Red Sky" not only has popular young actors but also director Jang Tae-yu, who has hits "Hyena," "My Love from the Star," "Tree with Deep Roots," and "The Painter of the Wind," making viewers look forward to beautiful images.

Meanwhile, "Lovers Of The Red Sky" will premiere on Monday, August 30, at 10 p.m.

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/13/the-red-eyes-sparkled-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-chemistry
“The red eyes sparkled”… Kim Yoo Jung & Ahn Hyo Seop chemistry

Aug 13, 2021

97F3E64A-C7AA-4043-BF8A-DFE08261C368.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop met through a fantasy historical drama. SBS TV’s new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Red Sky’ showed off a mysterious chemistry.

The teaser video for ‘Red Sky’ was released on the 13th. Kim Yoo Jung plays the female painter Hong Cheon Gi with divine power, and Ahn Hyo Seop plays the red-eyed man Haram who reads the constellations in the sky.

The opening was in the kiln. The two were close to each other and created a strange atmosphere. Ahn Hyo Seop was blind and Kim Yoo Jung recognized him as a man with a strong smell of ink.

Spoiler

EDC8FE3B-4301-4D4F-8036-678978CCBD4E.jpg

Then Ahn Hyo Seop’s red eyes twinkled. A strange energy emanated from the hands that touched Kim Yoo Jung. It aroused curiosity about the special abilities the two had.

A fateful romance was also foretold. Ahn Hyo Seop said, “My lost memories and meeting with a woman who resembles her” and Kim Yoo Jung said, “If we meet again by a chance, I want to draw the face of a scholar”.

The drama raised an expectation of two characters chemistry and it will open a new world of fantasy romance. Meanwhile, 'Red Sky' will first air on August 30th 10pm.

Spoiler

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/13/lovers-of-the-red-sky-starring-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-shared-a-romantic-new-teaser/
‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ Starring Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop Shared a Romantic New Teaser

by Munjeong Jung

4D395E9F-1B5E-43E0-906A-5B0DBCDF6F23.jpg

SBS has shared an intriguing second teaser that spotlights Hong Chun Gi and Haram’s first encounter led by a mysterious fate.

In the newly revealed teaser, Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram keep running into each other by chance. Hong Chun Gi describes Ha Ram as a man who suddenly fell from the sky and hints at their unusual encounter. Later, Hong Chun Gi is seen nursing unconscious Ha Ram in a cabin filled with wonder and curiosity.

An unexpected encounter of Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram in a carriage also sparks a moment of romance. Haram, who is blind, cannot see the woman in front of him but identifies her as a “woman with a strong scent of ink.” Soon, Haram’s red eyes sparkle when his hand slips past her hand and exudes a mysterious power.

The two characters’ narration heralds their romance guided by fate. Haram says, “I ran into a woman who resembles a girl in my lost memory.” and Hong states, “If we ever run into each other again, I’d like to draw your face.”

Lovers of the Red Sky will premiere on August 30th.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop and K-Movie as quickly as I can.

• Like 2

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2021/08/14/2021081400367.html
Kim You-jung Set to Appear in 1st Historical TV Series in 5 Years

August 14, 2021 08:19

42950E1E-2186-41B3-A61F-EBAC1BFF7A53.jpg

Actress Kim You-jung will star in her first historical TV series in five years since KBS' hit series "Love in the Moonlight."

"Lover of the Red Sky" is a fantasy romance set in the ancient Chosun Dynasty revolving around a genius painter and an astrologer.

Posters released earlier this week offer a hint of potentially strong onscreen chemistry between Kim and her co-star Ahn Hyo-seop.

Kim has shone particularly in historical dramas, so there are high expectations for the upcoming series.

The series is scheduled to begin airing on SBS on Aug. 30.

spacer.png
[fan edit: @ctto]

• Like 2

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006433849
[SBS Star] Kim Yoo Jung Shares She Thinks She Is Not as Pretty as Her Childhood Days

By Lee Narin  | 2021.08.18

spacer.png

Actress Kim Yoo Jung revealed that she believes her beauty has deteriorated over time.  

On August 17, one YouTube channel shared a video of Kim Yoo Jung and songwriter Kim Eana having a talk.  They talked via a mobile messenger while sitting opposite to each other.   While talking, Kim Eana commented on Kim Yoo Jung's captivating beauty.  

Kim Eana said, "As I see you right in front of me, your face feels more surreal. It almost feels like we are in a different dimension."  She continued, "Many say that you're at the most beautiful time of your life now. But your photos don't do justice; everyone has to see you in real life."  

After that, Kim Eana sent Kim Yoo Jung a past video of the actress where she acts in a television commercial.  Kim Eana commented, "Look at you here. I remember this well. You were adorable. Your current beauty was so expected at that time already."  

Kim Yoo Jung laughingly responded, "I don't think I'm as pretty as that time though. Some parts are not quite satisfying..."  When she was asked what those parts were, Kim Yoo Jung answered, "I feel like my eyes are getting smaller and smaller. Or is it that my face is getting bigger?"  

Kim Eana stared at her in confusion for a bit, then said, "Why did God give you such a beautiful face when you say things like that?"  

In response to this remark, Kim Yoo Jung just laughed and laughed.  

(Credit= '카카오TV' YouTube, Crown Confectionary)
(SBS Star)

——

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 2:07 PM, Helena said:

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006433849
[SBS Star] Kim Yoo Jung Shares She Thinks She Is Not as Pretty as Her Childhood Days

By Lee Narin  | 2021.08.18

Actress Kim Yoo Jung revealed that she believes her beauty has deteriorated over time.  

On August 17, one YouTube channel shared a video of Kim Yoo Jung and songwriter Kim Eana having a talk.  They talked via a mobile messenger while sitting opposite to each other.   While talking, Kim Eana commented on Kim Yoo Jung's captivating beauty.  

Kim Eana said, "As I see you right in front of me, your face feels more surreal. It almost feels like we are in a different dimension."  She continued, "Many say that you're at the most beautiful time of your life now. But your photos don't do justice; everyone has to see you in real life."  

After that, Kim Eana sent Kim Yoo Jung a past video of the actress where she acts in a television commercial.  Kim Eana commented, "Look at you here. I remember this well. You were adorable. Your current beauty was so expected at that time already."  

Kim Yoo Jung laughingly responded, "I don't think I'm as pretty as that time though. Some parts are not quite satisfying..."  When she was asked what those parts were, Kim Yoo Jung answered, "I feel like my eyes are getting smaller and smaller. Or is it that my face is getting bigger?"  

Kim Eana stared at her in confusion for a bit, then said, "Why did God give you such a beautiful face when you say things like that?"  

In response to this remark, Kim Yoo Jung just laughed and laughed.  

(Credit= '카카오TV' YouTube, Crown Confectionary)
(SBS Star)

Yoojung is so beautiful but she dont know it yet :tears: :heart:

Yoojung´s ig update :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSs83DlnMUy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images & videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

• Yuui changed the title to Kim Yoo Jung 김유정 金裕貞 | Upcoming Drama 2021 : Red Sky 홍천기

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/22/k-stars-best-character-now-is-the-time-to-meet-kim-yoo-jung-in-a-historical-drama-again/
[K-Star’s Best Character] Now It’s Time to Meet Kim Yoo Jung in a Historical Drama Again

by Eunkyung Cho | Edited by Seo Hayne | Translated Cho EK

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung, who already has 19 years of acting experience, made her debut with a small role in the film DMZ (2004) when she was four years old. When she was six, she appeared in Park Chan Wook’s Lady Vengeance as the kid abducted by Mr. Baek. From then on, she played many roles as a child actor in various films. She played young Lim Soo Jung in Lump Sugar (2006), young Song Hye Kyo in Hwang Jin Yi (2007), as well as young Moon Geun Young in Painter of the Wind (2008), and earned fame with her big eyes and clear diction.

She entered the 2010s, gaining immense popularity for her roles as young Dong Yi (Han Hyo Joo) in MBC Dong Yi (2010) and Yeon Woo (Han Ga In) in MBC Moon Embracing the Sun (2012). Because she played the childhood of the female lead role, she did not have big parts in the works. But she started to take on bigger roles with her delicate and stable acting skills. Starting from 2013, she began to show her own character rather than someone’s childhood.

Kim Yoo Jung took on the role of Hong Ra On, who disguises as a eunuch in KBS Love in the Moonlight (2016). It was her first terrestrial TV show, and she expressed various emotions of youth while showing her friendship with Crown Prince Lee Young and the romance with him after he finds about her true self. In the solo dance scene set in the royal court on the feast day, she showed off soft and elegant moves. She shared a behind-the-scenes story that the scene required her two months of practice.

spacer.png

In SBS Backstreet Rookie (2020), which is based on a webtoon of the same name, Kim transformed into Jung Saet Byeol, a college student and part-timer at a convenience store. She portrayed a funny romance scene with Ji Chang Wook, who played Dae Hyeon, a warm-hearted store manager. In it, she also played her own stunts.

In the first half of this year, she met viewers around the world with the Netflix movie The 8th Night. The show deals with an 8-day struggle to prevent a crisis that will bring hell to the world, and Kim Yoo Jung plays Ae Ran, a girl with a secret related to ‘the seven steppings stones.’

She will soon meet the viewers with SBS Lovers of the Red Sky as Hong Chun Gi, the only female painter in the Joseon dynasty. The fans of Kim’s historical dramas already have high anticipation for Lovers of the Red Sky, a fantasy romance drama that deals with divine power. She is excellent at playing a role in the genres that she has dealt with before, and she is also great at playing a brand new role in the genres that she has never tried before. I look forward to the future path Kim Yoo Jung will share with us.

Editor Seo Hayne: I like actors as they faithfully lead through their long running-time. I also like idols who accomplish everything on stage within 3 minutes.
Translator Cho EK: I’m a big fan of Korean dramas and movies.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/23/lovers-of-the-red-sky-drops-4-character-posters-of-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-gong-myung-and-gwak-si-yang/
‘Lovers Of The Red Sky’ Drops 4 Character Posters of Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung and Gwak Si Yang

by Munjeong Jung | images: SBS

A0C2CFFA-DAAF-49A5-BE9E-697F1418BAD9.jpg

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Chun Gi with a mysterious power, and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations.

The poster released today depicts the unique qualities of the four characters in the upcoming drama.

spacer.png

To begin with, the first set of posters features Kim Yoo Jung as a woman who has a passion for drawing nature and a professional painter who is confident at her job.

The poster of Ahn Hyo Seop, who plays Haram, a man with the secret behind his eyes, adds to the mystery in his character with the glaring eyes amidst the darkness.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Gong Myung’s poster depicts free-spirited Prince Yangmyung, a romanticist who loves and appreciates arts. The background filled with letters and photographs shows his interest in poetry, writing, and painting.

Kwak Si Yang’s poster gives a glimpse of the ambitious Prince Su Yang, who dreams of stealing the throne. The massive throne and scarlet robe behind him demonstrate his power and the place he desires to take.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/23/kim-yoo-jungs-charming-visualinnocent-cute-chic-alluring
Kim Yoo Jung’s charming visual…”Innocent, cute, chic, alluring”

Aug 23, 2021

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung showed off her face in a makeup brand pictorial on the 23rd. She perfectly digested various concepts such as innocence, cutie, chic and maturity.

Spoiler

First, Kim Yoo Jung transformed into an innocent ballerina. Wearing a light pink dress she showed off her pure and transparent girlish beauty. The neat pink makeup also attracted attention.

spacer.png

A pictorial with a chic mood was also revealed. She wore an open shoulder white shirt. For eye makeup and lipstick, she chose a strong colors. She exuded a charismatic force with an arrogant expression. In a yellow dress, she showed of a cute and lovely smile. She looked like a Tinkerbell.

spacer.png

She looked alluring with her long hair and all black look. She completed her goddess beauty by applying a dark red lipstick.

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Kim Yoo Jung is making a comeback to the SBS TV drama ‘Red Sky’. She is taking a role of Hong Cheon-gi, a female painter with divine power and works with Ahn Hyo Seop. ‘Red Sky’ will premiere on the 30th.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2160881

DDAA59FC-D59F-4EF4-B039-B18B9715A291.jpg

9CC8337F-67C4-4A79-994D-CA357B999428.jpg

35C71824-4E44-4C0C-937C-605A8E9F2A85.jpg

99A4D746-558C-4EC2-A268-D141A3E9810E.jpg

FB352D57-73C6-4796-B47A-3C412975314B.jpg

7F6A22B2-3B35-404F-80ED-2C862CA7A532.jpg

DEFF7F97-FA6D-4D55-9F69-5E921CC4E903.jpg

72E2D833-5586-46DE-BB27-CA15AEC589E9.jpg

F4684405-056B-45D9-99CE-1786CCA0B5C8.jpg

• Like 2

6 Of Kim Yoo Jung’s Best Dramas That Are Unmissable

6 Of Kim Yoo Jung’s Best Dramas That Are Unmissable

Aug 22, 2021
by aetcult

As a regular on our screens ever since she was a tot, it’s safe to say that Kim Yoo Jung has blossomed before our very eyes, not just as a beautiful young woman but also as an incredibly talented actress with many notable works under her belt. If you have yet to watch Kim Yoo Jung in her element, it’s never too late to head down the rabbit hole with these six dramas!

1. “Jewel In The Crown”

With her start as a child actress, one of Kim Yoo Jung’s early works was in the period drama “Jewel in the Crown” where she starred as the child role of the titular character Dong Yi (Han Hyo Joo). This character was based on the real-life historical figure of Royal Consort Lady Choi.

A precocious child, young Dong Yi becomes an orphan when her family is wrongfully accused of murder. The young actress helmed this turn of events masterfully, capturing hearts nationwide as she exhibited her quick wits and her gift with portraying emotional scenes.

Jewel-in-the-Crown.gif

Watch “Jewel In The Crown” here:

WATCH NOW

2. “Grudge: The Revolt Of Gumiho

Following her success in period dramas, Kim Yoo Jung then took on a larger challenge in taking on a fantasy drama with her role as Yeon Yi, a hybrid born of a human father and a gumiho (nine-tailed fox in Korean folklore) mother.

The budding actress showcased her versatility and developing acting range in the drama, first with the challenge of playing a charming child who faces the terrifying challenge of transforming into a gumiho and second with the rendering of a sweet childhood love story. Kim Yoo Jung accomplished both with aplomb (and much adorableness!) and you can’t help but root for her and her mother as they struggle to survive amidst a world of fear and betrayal.

Grudge-The-Revolt-of-Gumiho.gif

Watch “Grudge: The Revolt Of Gumiho” here:

WATCH NOW

3. “The Moon Embracing The Sun

Continuing her streak of acclaimed historical drama hits, Kim Yoo Jung’s next drama “The Moon Embracing the Sun” thoroughly cemented her status as a “Sageuk Fairy” as she played the child role of Heo Yeon Woo (Han Ga In).

In a change from her previous roles however, her performance took on a more mature tone as she portrayed an intelligent, well-natured young child of noble lineage. The wisdom she displays and poise with which she carries herself impresses the King who selects her to be the Crown Princess and these qualities are similarly reflected in the older Heo Yeon Woo which serves as a connecting thread between the two.

While she might have taken on a less playful and boisterous character as compared to her previous works, Kim Yoo Jung was no less captivating as the young Heo Yeon Woo as she (more than!) delivered on a young, dignified lady who would no doubt shine as a Crown Princess.

Spoiler

Moon-Embracing-the-Sun.gif

Watch “The Moon Embracing The Sun” here:

WATCH NOW

4. “Love in the Moonlight

This drama likely needs no introduction, but it was with “Love in the Moonlight” that Kim Yoo Jung firmly established herself as a grown actress in adult roles and we are all for it!

Beautifully crafted, the drama itself is a joy to watch and weaves in light-hearted humor as the romance unfolds between the two characters. Allowing time for the character development to be fleshed out made for a well-paced plot which played well to Kim Yoo Jung’s strength in expressiveness. She is enthralling to watch as Hong Ra On, a lively young woman who’s forced to play a eunuch serving the Crown Prince Lee Young (Park Bo Gum).

The naturalness and warmth with which Kim Yoo Jung skillfully portrayed Hong Ra On was unmistakable and also tied in well with the heartfelt tone of the drama. Even as it took a turn for the romance, it was a soft and well-thought-out transition as the talented actress depicted the soft and tender feelings of a first love blossoming.

Spoiler

Love-in-the-Moonlight.gif

Watch “Love in the Moonlight” here:

WATCH NOW

5. “Clean With Passion For Now

One of Kim Yoo Jung’s most recent dramas, “Clean with Passion for Now” definitely deserves points for the comedy value as the actress plays Gil Oh Sol, a bubbly young woman whose lifestyle is in juxtaposition with that of her boss, Jang Seon Kyul (Yoon Kyun Sang), the wealthy CEO of a cleaning business “Cleaning Fairy” who also has mysophobia.

Much has been said about the actress’ talent for emotional deliveries but her interpretation of Gil Oh Sol was a standout performance for how she could effortlessly dial up the humor and entertainment with a bubblier and more active persona.

Spoiler

Clean-with-Passion-For-Now.gif

Watch “Clean with Passion for Now” here:

WATCH NOW

6. “Backstreet Rookie

Again, Kim Yoo Jung shows a fantastic knack for picking her dramas with the role of Jung Saet Byul in “Backstreet Rookie”.

A fiery and confident woman with great martial arts skills to boot, Jung Saet Byul applies for a job at a convenience store to get closer to her childhood crush Choi Dae Hyun (Ji Chang Wook) who hires her despite thinking she’s a delinquent.

Spoiler

Backstreet-Rookie.gif

With the premise of the plot set around Jung Saet Byul’s unfortunate circumstances in life, there was great opportunity for Kim Yoo Jung to tease out the growth in her character and she definitely did that in spades! The grounded and resolute nature she displays in Jung Saet Byul at the start of the drama is testament to the simple goals the character has in life until she discovers her self-worth and is encouraged to chase after her dreams. Kim Yoo Jung’s Jung Saet Byul is a touching story of growth, self-worth, and empowerment and that is certainly celebrated!

Watch “Backstreet Rookie” now:

WATCH NOW

Hey Soompiers, which of Kim Yoo Jung’s works is your ultimate favorite (and all-time must-watch)? Share with us in the comments below!

Aetcult is your friendly K-beauty enthusiast who loves her tea on and off her face (no lie). In between bouts of tinkering with new beauty products, she will probably be writing about her finds, revising her Korean language coursework and jamming to the latest K-pop song. Say hi to Am on Tumblr.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484397wpp/6-of-kim-yoo-jungs-best-dramas-that-are-unmissable 

Only Kim YooJung´s related part :heart:

Spoiler

Gong Myung Dishes On His Chemistry With Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop In Upcoming Drama “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Gong Myung Dishes On His Chemistry With Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop In Upcoming Drama “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Spoiler

Gong-Myung2.jpg

The actor also spoke about his experience working together with co-stars Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop.

“[Kim Yoo Jung] was the driving force that enabled me to take on ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ without hesitation,” revealed Gong Myung. “We got along and worked together comfortably from our first shoot. Please look forward to Prince Yangmyung and Hong Chun Gi’s bickering chemistry.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1485318wpp/gong-myung-dishes-on-his-chemistry-with-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-in-upcoming-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onward under spoilers! Thanks!
  • Like 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20210825006700315
Netflix original films to be screened in theaters

By brk@yna.co.kr | August 25, 2021

spacer.png

This image provided by CJ CGV shows the poster for "Netflix in CGV." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Aug. 25 (Yonhap) -- Netflix's Korean-language original films will be screened in theaters next month as part of industry-wide efforts to overcome the pandemic-led slump, a local multiplex operator said Wednesday.

GJ CGV, South Korea's biggest multiplex chain, said it will run a special program titled "Netflix in CGV" to show seven films released via Netflix without a theatrical run from Sept. 1-12 at its 80 theaters nationwide.

The seven titles are "Time to Hunt," "The Call," "What Happened to Mr. Cha?," "Space Sweepers," "Night in Paradise," "Sweet & Sour" and "The 8th Night."

It is the first time for Netflix originals to be screened in a multiplex chain since "Time to Hunt" became the first Korean commercial movie to go to the U.S. streaming platform without a run in theaters in April last year.

"The latest business cooperation with Netflix will attract more people back to theaters with diversified content and help the South Korean film industry survive as well," CGV said in a statement.

Netflix, which launched its service in South Korea in 2016, said the proceeds from the special program will be used for its Korean film restoration project.

Due to the protracted COVID-19 pandemic, the number of moviegoers totaled 20 million in the first six months of 2021, marking the lowest half-year figure since the KOFIC started to compile box-office data in 2004. (END)

• Like 1

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065600818300116
Actress Kim Yoo-jung to portray a matured character in historical drama 'Red Sky'

연합뉴스 / 2021-08-26 17:13:05

0E18E8BC-619A-42D7-B5EC-C33DEF8B71F1.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actress Kim Yoo-jung, who plays the leading role for upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

16892A82-D3E3-4AB1-8EBD-EABA9E4C8CF3.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actor Ahn Hyo-seop, who plays the leading role for upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

549C21DC-950A-4481-8EE5-272F53D7EB8A.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows director Jang Tae-yoo of upcoming SBS drama "Red SKy." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

87B3EFC7-EC34-4546-8ADE-8BA03102BC41.jpg

▲ This photo, provided by SBS, shows actor Kwak Si-yang (left), Ahn Hyo-seop, actress Kim Yoo-jung, and actor Gong Myung. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Aug. 26 (Yonhap) -- A heartbreaking fantasy romance between a genius painter Hong Cheon-ki, who captures the energy of objects in paintings, and an officer of a planetarium, who looks at the stars with his heart instead of his eyes, will soon hit small screens in Korea. 

On Thursday, SBS TV held an online press conference and announced that the television company's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Red Sky" will begin its first broadcast at 10 p.m. on Aug. 30. 

During the conference, actress Kim Yoo-jung, 22, who plays the lead role Hong Cheon-ki, explained her reasons in returning to a historical drama in five years, saying, "I was a fan of the original novel. I was attracted to Hong's charm, especially when she shows off her confidence as the only female painter." 

Kim, who was praised for her performance in previous historical dramas such as "The Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Love In the Moonlight," added, "My character, Ra-on, from 'Love in the Moonlight' had a young mindset and was in the process of growing up. On the other hand, Hong Cheon-ki is capable of thinking for herself and has certainty in her decisions." 

Ahn Hyo-seop (26), who emerged as a rising star through his role in "Dr. Romantic 2," will be playing Ha-ram and deliver a romantic chemistry with Kim. 

As for his role, Ahn said, "My character goes through a misfortune as a child by losing his eyesight due to a mysterious incident. He has a soft, friendly, and loyal side to him, but can sometimes be meticulous and sharp." 

"I was worried because I had a specific character setting to follow and there also were many fantasy elements in this historical drama, however I decided to take this part as a challenge to myself," the 26-year-old actor said. 

"Red Sky" also raised expectations as it was directed by TV director Jang Tae-yoo, who is famous for producing a number of hit dramas such as "Painter of the Wind," "Deep Rooted Tree," and "My Love From the Star."

"(Red Sky) is like a comprehensive drama of all the previous works I have done," director Jang said. "It feels like combining 'Deep Rooted Tree', a historical drama with a strong political character, with fantasy melodrama elements from 'My Love From the Star' and artistic aspects from 'Painter of the Wind.'" 

"For 'Red Sky,' I did my best to portray a certain picture I wasn't able to fully express in 'Painter of the Wind,'" Jang explained. 

In addition, director Jang said the chemistry between the actors was "insane." "The atmosphere was naturally created between the actors and all I had to do was turn the camera to capture the specific moment," Jang added, expressing his confidence. 

Asked about how he felt about reuniting with Kim after 13 years since "Painter of the Wind," director Jang said, "I can't believe I have gotten this old. Back then, Kim felt like an acting prodigy, but now she has grown up to take the leading role. The viewers will also be able to see a completely mature side of Kim." 

However, in terms of SBS's previous controversy over distorting Korean history with TV series "Joseon Exorcist," director Jang said, "The drama is set in a fictional country within Joseon Dynasty after much consideration . We also changed the names of actual historical figures except for Hong Cheon-ki and Ha-ram in order to prevent any controversy." 

In addition to Kim and Ahn, actors Gong Myung and Kwak Si-yang will also appear in "Red Sky." 

(END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/27/kim-yoo-jung-shares-why-she-joined-lovers-of-the-red-sky-thoughts-about-the-on-screen-romance-and-more/
Kim Yoo Jung Shares Why She Joined ‘Lovers Of The Red Sky’, Thoughts About The On-screen Romance, And More

by Munjeong Jung

spacer.png

On August 26th, SBS’ Lovers Of The Red Sky held its online press conference. Director Jang Tae Yu, Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, and Kwak Si Yang participated in the event.

Lovers Of The Red Sky is a fictional fantasy romance drama that revolves around a female painter Hong Chun Gi who has a mysterious power. In the drama, she meets a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

In the event, Kim Yoo Jung commented, “I’m grateful that people have left good comments on the teaser materials. I loved reading the original work Hong Chun Gi by Jung Eun Gwol. I think my character has many significant charms.” She continued, “I think I was attracted to the fact that she courageously lives on as the only female painter among her group. She is different from other female characters in historical dramas. I was fascinated by how she solved the problems with the other characters.”

In addition, she remarked, “I choose to star in the drama because it was an opportunity for me to work with producer Jang Tae Yoo. Thankfully, my earlier period dramas have received some good comments. I think it did well because we had a lot of help from the other actors and staff.”

Meanwhile, Kim Yu Jung and Jang Tae Yu have previously met in Painter of the Wind.

Lovers Of The Red Sky will premiere on August 30th.

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles regarding K-Drama, K-Pop, K-Movie and more as quickly as I can.

• Like 1

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/26/kim-yoo-jung-behind-the-scenes-of-red-skygraceful-charm-of-historical-goddess
Kim Yoo Jung, behind-the-scenes of ‘Red Sky’…”graceful charm of historical goddess”

August 26, 2021

spacer.png

Awesome Ent released a behind-the-scenes poster for SBS TV’s new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Red Sky’ on the 26th. The main character, Kim Yoo Jung is included. (=> https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=32240418&memberNo=43298448 )

Kim Yoo Jung has completely transformed into the female painter in ‘Red Sky’. She showed off her fine hanbok style. The pure beauty stood out on the pure white skin. She took a brush and drew a picture carefully.

The painter costume was also perfect with Kim Yoo Jung. The production team said, “Kim Yoo Jung is a perfect character of Hong Cheon-gi, who has lived courageously in a difficult environment and has a high synchronization”.

spacer.png

Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop are romantically matched in ‘Red sky’. Ahn Hyo Seop plays the character of Haran a red-eyed man who reads the constellations in the sky.

Kim Yoo Jung is making a comeback with a historical drama after 5 years of ‘The Moon Embracing the Sun’. ‘Red Sky’ is based on the novel by Jeong Eun Gwol of the ‘The Moon Embracing the Sun’. Kim Yoo Jung will once again appear in her work.

Meanwhile, ‘Red Sky’ will premiere on the 30th at 10pm.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006443835
[SBS Star] Ahn Hyo Seop Says He Got a Lot of Help from Kim Yoo Jung During Drama Shooting

By Lee Narin  | 2021.08.26

6218D29D-E248-464A-A3A3-B902B353E481.jpg

Actor Ahn Hyo Seop shared that actress Kim Yoo Jung helped him during the shooting of their drama.  

On August 26, an online press conference for SBS' upcoming drama 'Red Sky' was held.   During the press conference, director Jang Tae-yoo mentioned how great the chemistry was between the actors and actresses.   He said, "Their chemistry was crazy. They did so well that the only thing I had to do was to make sure the cameras rolled well."  

Kim Yoo Jung commented, "I love the vibe that our filming site gave off. It made me feel comfortable. Most importantly, I was able to communicate well with everyone."  She resumed, "I spent a lot of time talking to the cast and staff about my lines and emotions in certain scenes. It was very useful."

Then, Ahn Hyo Seop said, "I actually relied on Yoo Jung much. I had to act with her the most, but she was more experienced in this field than I was, so I just had to respond to her great acting."   He continued, "She gave constantly gave me help and advice. We talked about our scenes often as well. I think that helped quite a bit, because we were able to find the best together."  

'Red Sky' is a novel-based fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon Dynasty.   The novel was written by writer Jung Eun-gwol, who wrote the original novels of popular dramas 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' (2010) and 'Moon Embracing the Sun' (2012).  

The first episode of 'Red Sky' is planned to be broadcast on August 30 at 10PM KST.

Spoiler

F4ED92A0-0BE0-491F-AE3D-282D242866CE.jpg

AC724303-F6F0-4F01-BB24-B0305C00510B.jpg

A2B49502-5A1A-4CAC-A2CA-B64E32341ADF.jpg

(Credit= SBS Red Sky)  
(SBS Star)    

• Like 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210827000608
SBS offers new fantasy romance drama ‘Red Sky’

By Lee Si-jin (sj_lee@heraldcorp.com) | August 27, 2021

spacer.png
Actors Kwak Si-yang (left) and Ahn Hyo-seop, director Jang Tae-yoo, actors Kim You-jung and Gong Myoung pose for a photo after an online press conference Wednesday (SBS)

For television director Jang Tae-yoo, seeing the chemistry between the actors in the upcoming Monday-Tuesday SBS drama “Red Sky” was a huge pleasure.

“The vibe in our filming site was literally crazy. The relationship between the cast and the staff was really good and all I had to do was to make sure that the cameras worked,” the director said during an online press conference Thursday afternoon.

The fantasy romance drama, an adaptation of a novel of the same title by Jung Eun-gwol, centers around the only female artist of Joseon, Hong Chun-gi (played by Kim You-jung), who is considered a genius painter. Her life changes greatly when she encounters a blind astronomer, Ha-ram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop).

When asked why she chose to take the role, actor Kim You-jung said the character was mesmerizing in many ways.

“I enjoyed reading the original novel by author Jung. Chun-gi is a pretty character and the only female artist in the Joseon era. But what caught my heart the most was the way she led her life with courage. I found this was very different from the female characters in other historical dramas,” actor Kim said.

“Of course an opportunity to act under Jang’s direction after 13 years is another reason to choose the character,” she added.

Kim starred in Jang’s 2008 work, “The Painter of the Wind.” 

Co-star Ahn Hyo-seop described mixed feelings about his role as Ha-ram.

“I always believed that the eyes have special power and have a great influence in acting. Playing Haram was a challenging experience, but I was satisfied that this would improve my acting,” Ahn said.

spacer.png
Ahn Hyo-seop (left) stars as Ha-ram and Kim You-jung as Hong Chun-gi in “Red Sky” (SBS)

The director expressed high hopes for the series, thinking of “Red Sky” as combining distinctive elements from his previous dramas that were hits both at home and abroad -- a female artist from “The Painter of the Wind” (2008), historical aspects of “Deep Rooted Tree” (2011) and fantasy romance from “My Love From the Star” (2013). 

“Maybe I have done those dramas to shoot ‘Red Sky,’” the director joked.

But as a historical fantasy it might face a new challenge. The terrestrial network SBS cancelled its drama “Joseon Exorcist” after just two episodes in late March as the series came under fire for its portrayal of Korea’s past.

“Some people are worried that our work may face controversy over historical inaccuracies. Though the drama is set in the Joseon era, we created a new kingdom by re-naming historical areas and kings to avoid any historical distortion,” Jang said.

The 18-part series “Red Sky” will start airing on Aug. 30.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/08/688_314620.html
Kim Yoo-jung plays kingdom's only female royal painter in new series, 'Red Sky'

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-08-28 09:48

spacer.png
Actors Ahn Hyo-seop, left, and Kim Yoo-jung pose during an online press conference for SBS's upcoming series, "Red Sky," Thursday. Courtesy of SBS

Actress Kim Yoo-jung will star in a period series for the first time in five years ― SBS's upcoming drama, "Red Sky" ― after she played the lead in the 2016 hit period romance series "Love In The Moonlight." 

Based on a bestselling novel of the same name by Jung Eun-gwol, the writer behind the original novels for the TV dramas "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" and "Moon Embracing the Sun," the new fantasy series follows a romance between two royal officers. 

Hong Cheon-ki (Kim), whose name in classical Chinese characters translates to "red sky," is a genius painter who becomes the first woman to work at the Korean Royal Academy of Painting. One day, she runs into a blind man, Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo-seop), who is an officer at a royal unit in charge of astronomy, geography and meteorology, and finds herself instantly attracted. 

The actress revealed that she has been a fan of the original novel, which led her to take the title role in the series. 

"I've read the book in the past and really enjoyed it, which influenced me to decide to take the role. The elements of the character were appealing to me," she said during an online press conference for the series, Thursday. "Cheon-ki is a bold, high-spirited person. She defies all the odds against her in her own way and becomes the Joseon Kingdom's only female royal painter."

Kim shared her difficulties in working on a period series and make it appealing to the audience. 

"I tried not to put myself in any boxes, although I also tried to maintain the nuances of the specific historical period in my acting. Factoring in historical elements put limitations in certain gestures and aspects of language," she said. "So I tried to put focus on how I can make my role convincing and express it in a way so that people, living in modern times, can understand it."

Spoiler

spacer.png

A scene from "Red Sky" / Courtesy of SBS

The series is directed by star director Jang Tae-yoo, who directed the hit series, "My Love From the Star," "Deep Rooted Tree" and "Painter of the Wind."

The director said that his latest series will be a combination of his previous works. 

"Red Sky is a fantasy period series that centers on romance," he said. "It has the melodrama and fantasy of My Love From the Star, the political tension of Deep Rooted Tree, and the artistic beauty of 'Painter of the Wind.'"

Noting the network's previous fantasy period series "Joseon Exorcist," which was canceled after two episodes in March, after facing a backlash for featuring Chinese-style costumes, hairstyles and food props, the director expressed that he was being extra cautious with mixing fantasy with period drama styles. 

"I had a lot to think about. And unlike the original novel, I decided to change the setting from the Joseon Kingdom to a fictional country, as I developed the fantasy part of the series," he said. "I took the lead characters' name from the original work, but the places and other names were all fictional. I tried hard to refrain from distorting history (by doing this)."

Ahn plays an officer of the astronomical department of the palace, who lost his eyesight and his family in a mysterious accident when he was young. He does not realize that a demon has been trapped in his body since the accident, until the dormant demon wakes up one day. 

The actor explained that taking on the role was a challenge for him. "I've always wanted to work with director Jang, and I've been a fan of Jung Eun-gwol as well. But I thought this piece would be a challenge because the character doesn't have eyesight, and there are a lot of fantasy elements," he said. "There was a lot of pressure on me and I was worried about whether or not I could do it, but I realized that I could."

• Like 1

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/netflix-confirms-production-for-20th-century-girl-with-the-casting-of-kim
Netflix Confirms Production for 20th Century Girl With the Casting of Kim You-jung, Byeon Woo-seok, Park Jung-woo and Roh Yoon-seo

Publicist Julie Lee (juliel@netflix.com) | 31 August 2021

Netflix has confirmed the production of 20th Century Girl with the casting of Kim You-jung, Byeon Woo-seok, Park Jung-woo and Roh Yoon-seo.  These four actors — who are fresh and youthful, with great acting skills — play characters intertwined in close friendships and first loves, the rites of passage that leave indelible imprints in life for many. The year was 1999, the last year of the 20th century. 

spacer.png
Kim You-Jung

Spoiler

spacer.png
Byeon Woo-seok

spacer.png
Park Jung-woo

spacer.png
Roh Yoon-seo

For the seventeen-year-old Bo-ra, friendship came before love. Her first love was a sweet but heartbreaking experience, and it comes knocking again in the 21st century. First presented by Director Bang Woo-ri in her short film Mrs. Young, this story is about a middle-aged woman who meets the son of her first love, a young man who is a spitting image of his father. Bang won the Best Short Film award for Mrs. Young at the Blue Dragon Awards, and she pens and directs this full-length adaptation, which is her debut feature film.

Kim You-jung plays the title role of Na Bo-ra, a tough cookie with a taekwondo black belt and a loyal friend with a heart of gold. She diligently watches every move made by Hyun-jin, the object of her friend’s unrequited love. Kim has shown a wide spectrum of acting skills in diverse works such as The Chaser, Thread of Lies and the recently released The 8th Night and Backstreet Rookie. She will portray the complex emotions of a 17-year-old girl who suddenly finds herself caught between love and friendship.

Byeon Woo-seok, who has delighted audiences in dramas such as Record of Youth and Search WWW, plays Poong Woon-ho, Bo-ra’s classmate of the same year in her media broadcasting class. 

Park Jung-woo plays Baek Hyun-jin, Woon-ho’s best friend who comes under Bo-ra’s scrutiny as the love interest of her best friend Yeon-doo. Park has been a rookie to watch, with notable performances in the web drama Love Playlist and the drama Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation. 

Roh Yoon-seo plays Yeon-doo, Bora’s best friend who falls in love with Hyun-jin at first sight and asks her to find out everything about him before leaving for the U.S. to receive heart surgery. As a model turned actor, Roh is a promising newcomer who demonstrated a perfect fit with the Yeon-doo character during her audition. The compelling portrayal of two friends, each with unique colors as different as lavender and lime, brings life to this story about their first loves and devotion to each other.

20th Century Girl will be produced by Yong Film Inc., the company behind The Call, Believer, Luck-Key and The Handmaiden as well the romance film The Beauty Inside that marked a defining moment in the Korean romance genre. Yong Film Inc. expressed great enthusiasm in reuniting with Netflix after their collaboration on the film The Call. With 20th Century Girl, it hopes to bring a captivating new romance film to worldwide audiences.

A throwback to 1999 and a nostalgic glimpse into friendships, 20th Century Girl rekindles viewers’ hearts with a turn-of-the-century story of unrequited and unattained first loves. 20th Century Girl will be released worldwide, only on Netflix.

Production Information
Title: 20th Century Girl
Directed and written by: Bang Woo-ri
Starring: Kim You-jung, Byeon Woo-seok, Park Jung-woo, Roh Yoon-seo et al.
Produced by: Yong Film Inc.
Distributed by: Netflix

# # #
About Netflix
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

——

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065578250158766
Kim You-jung to draw romance in upcoming Netflix film "2Oth Century Girl"

연합뉴스 / 2021-09-01 10:57:04

spacer.png
▲ These photos, provided by each agency, shows (from the left) Kim You-jung, Byeon Woo-seok, Park Jung-woo and Roh Yoon-seo. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

spacer.png
▲ This photo, provided by Awesome Ent, shows actress Kim You-jung. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Sep. 01 (Yonhap) -- Actress Kim You-jung has been cast as the lead role, dubbed Bora, for an upcoming Netflix film “20th Century Girl” (translated). 

The OTT platform has made final decision to produce the film and has confirmed casting Kim You-jung, Byeon Woo-seok, Park Jung-woo, Roh Yoon-seo, according to an official of Netflix Wednesday. 

The time of the film is 1999, the last year of the 20th century. It is a romance genre about Bora, a 17-year-old girl whose priority was friendship than love, going through a painful but heart-stirring first love. She later hears news of her painful first love later in the 21st century.

Kim will play as Bora who sticks to her friendship no matter what but goes through troubles between friendship and first love which she did not see its coming. 

Byeon will take dubbed Pung woon-ho, Bora’s colleague in the broadcast club and Park will be dubbed Baek Hyun-jin, Woon-ho’s best friend and Bora’s best friend dubbed Yeondu’s crush. Rookie actress Roh will play as Yeondu. 

It is a full-length film written and produced by director Bang Woo-ri who was awarded with Blue Dragon Film Award for Best Short Film with “Mrs. Young,” her short film of a woman who meets her son who looks so alike with her first love.  (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Blob 1

• Yuui changed the title to Kim Yoo Jung 김유정 金裕貞 | Ongoing : Red Sky 홍천기

https://viuniverseph.com/actor-spotlight-kim-yoo-jung/
Actor Spotlight: Kim Yoo Jung

By beesgiggle | September 3, 2021

spacer.png

Known as the sageuk fairy, Kim Yoo Jung started her roots from historical dramas as a young actress. From playing the younger counterparts of the main leads to being the main lead herself, she had been consistent in winning people’s hearts. Check out Yoo Jung’s journey through her historical dramas!

Dong Yi (2010)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Yoo Jung was actually just 11 years old when she played Han Hyo Joo’s younger counterpart in Dong Yi! Since the show is a 60 episode historical drama, Yoo Jung had the challenge of making us fall in love with Dong Yi in the first four episodes and she did amazing! She was charming and cute, but really delivered on the difficult scenes as well. No wonder, Dong Yi is such a well loved drama even ten years later!

Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)

Spoiler

spacer.png

After two years, Yoo Jung stars in another classic sageuk Moon Embracing the Sun. This time she’s the younger version of Han Ga In’s Heo Yoon Woo. This show has a bigger cast of child actors this time. And though she was able to hold her own, she also had amazing chemistry with her co-stars Yeo Jin Goo, Im Siwan, and even Kim So Hyun who was supposed to be her rival. Have to say too – her level of acting for such a young age is one that some older actors still aspire to reach. Amazing!

Love in the Moonlight (2016)

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Her first lead in a historical drama, she plays a young woman pretending to be a eunuch serving the crown prince. Though in her previous work her roles were more serious, she was really able to tap her funny bone on this one which was refreshing to see. Her antics with the Crown Prince Lee Yeong (Park Bo Gum) and Kim Byeong Yeon (Kwang Dong Yeon) were always laugh out loud funny! In the romance department, her feeling the kilig with Lee Yeong made us kilig with her! Her chemistry with Bo Gum made this one of those top-notch pairings to remember. Definitely makes you want to rewatch the show many years later. 

Lovers of the Red Sky (2021)

spacer.png

After a 5-year hiatus wearing a hanbok, Yoo Jung is back at it again! We were only able to see her in the second episode so far, but she is already doing great! She’s channeling some of the Hong Ra On energy in this one – spunky, and fun. But there’s some qualities here as well that’s purely Hong Chun Gi as well – like her cheeky side (HA!). We love her chemistry with Ahn Hyo Seop too. That scene on the palanquin was so funny but later really charged with chemistry. We’re so excited what else Yoo Jung would bring to the table, and excited to see more!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...