[Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽

larus

Green Mothers’ Club: Episode 1 (First Impressions)

by mistyisles

GreenMothersClub01-00023.jpg

Secrets and suspicions are the name of the game in Green Mothers’ Club, a drama that says it’s about friendship and motherhood but hints at a darker edge underneath. Our protagonist is trying to create a new beginning for herself, but that’s kind of hard to do when your past shows up right where you least expect it.

Editor’s note: If there is sufficient interest, drama coverage will continue with weekly Drama Hangouts.

EPISODE 1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Right from the start, the tone of this show caught me completely off guard. It’s a lot moodier than I expected, and there’s something deeply unsettling simmering under the surface – something other than just your typical tiger mom’s determination to see her kids come out on top, I mean. And I’d say that’s a good thing! Right away, my interest shot way up.

We’re introduced to the almost creepy atmosphere and to our main character, LEE EUN-PYO (Lee Yo-won), through a dream sequence wherein her university lecture is interrupted by the appearance of another woman sitting among the students.

The other woman starts off friendly, but then jeers at Eun-pyo as all the other students vanish. Eun-pyo seems terrified of her, and eventually full-on attacks her, ending the dream.

Throughout the episode, we’re given enough hints to guess that the dream is rooted in reality, though exactly how closely isn’t totally clear just yet. Eun-pyo, we learn, was on track to become a professor, but when defamatory accusations against another professor were (unintentionally, she claims) published online, she was forced to quit. That led her to move to a new home, in the same neighborhood as the rest of the moms in this story.

The title of this first episode is “Not All Neighbors Are Good Neighbors,” which of course begs the question: which neighbor here isn’t a good one? The obvious choice is the intimidating BYEON CHUN-HEE (Chu Ja-hyun), the undisputed squad leader, if you will. She lives just next door, and Eun-pyo is warned about her through a sticky note left by her new apartment’s previous tenant.

Though Eun-pyo shares a number of antagonistic scenes with Chun-hee, one scene in particular really solidifies the pecking order of mothers. One of the little girls has a birthday party, and all the mothers are there to supervise and – even more so – chat with each other. Since Eun-pyo is new, her cousin, PARK YOON-JOO (Joo Min-kyung), introduces her to everyone else.

Chun-hee breezes in late, and everyone falls over each other to be the most placating and complimentary. At first, the other mothers are interested in Eun-pyo’s profession and background, but once it’s clear her pointed comments about not wanting to live vicariously through her kids or force them to do extra activities have offended Chun-hee, everyone quickly abandons Eun-pyo – including Yoon-joo.

But there’s one other mom who doesn’t quite fit the mold. Also referred to as “the goddess in the penthouse,” SEO JIN-HA (Kim Gyu-ri) only stops by the birthday party long enough to drop off her son and be fawned over by the others for a few minutes. She’s elegant and mysterious… and also the woman from Eun-pyo’s dream.

I mentioned that the overall tone of the episode was somewhat unsettling, and Jin-ha ups that unsettling factor by a lot whenever she’s on screen. She has a faraway, almost dreamy look about her, but it’s never quite clear if that’s her actual personality or if she’s putting on an act.

She and Eun-pyo are old friends, having studied together in France along with Jin-ha’s husband, LUIS BUNUEL (Roy). But while Jin-ha displays exuberance upon being reunited with Eun-pyo, Eun-pyo looks almost as terrified to see her in the flesh as she did in her dream.

Judging from the dream, it seems a lot of Eun-pyo’s feelings toward Jin-ha stem from a sense of inferiority, which can only have been exacerbated by the fact that Luis and Eun-pyo apparently dated once upon a time. There’s tons of mystery shrouding those three and the time they spent in France, but again, I’d wager there’s a lot more to it than a simple love triangle.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/green-mothers-club-episode-1-first-impressions/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Finally I found another drama to watch this year :please:

As a mother of two I found that this drama is very useful to be watched. I love of how the mothers are paying much attention even a bit ambitious for their children education, talents and future <3

I studied very early, before age 5 and now I am thinking of when will I start to teach my 1st child about coloring, writing, and reading. He is 2.7 yo now and for now I only let him to just play and watch children songs and cocomelon videos on youtube and Malay kids movie Upin Ipin. Pediatricians in here say that we should just let the kids to play and be happy until age 7 before they start to study seriously. If we can let them to just be happy from 0-7 yo, it will be a good for their psychological and mental when grow.

This drama inspired me to start to teach my kids earlier. And I like that English listening method for 30 mins in the morning. 

I also love it that there are many mothers type in this drama. Hahaha. I think I am the type of a mother who wants my children to have much money than to have many trophies. HAHAHA

For me if they have many talents and able to do everything but later they can not use it to earn much then it wont be useful for their life. HAHAHA I am realistic. Lol

About Eun Pyo love story and problem, I don’t give much focus on that. I just love children education theme in this drama :selfie2:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

Oooh, you guys, this one seems good. (on Netflix in the U.S.)

I love all the main actresses (esp. Chu Ja-hyeon) and this is much more intriguing than what I thought it would be at first - a bunch of "Momblies" finding ways to torture each other. Well, there is that, but more simmering underneath the surface. I am hooked!

So good to find a weekday drama. All the best stuff is crammed in the weekends - "My Liberation Diary" and "Our Blues." Thank you drama gods for giving me something for the weekdays!

• Like 2

Lee Yo Won And Chu Ja Hyun Confess Their Secrets Over Late-Night Wine In “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 13, 2022
by E. Cha

Get ready for Lee Yo Won and Chu Ja Hyun to get a lot closer on the next episode of JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club”!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a new drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye Jin, Kim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

Spoilers

Previously on “Green Mothers’ Club,” Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) got off on the wrong foot with Byun Choon Hee (Chu Ja Hyun), the beautiful queen bee of the neighborhood, after moving into the apartment directly across from hers. However, the two neighbors overcame their terrible first impressions of one another when Lee Eun Pyo saved Byun Choon Hee’s daughter Yoo Bin, and all was immediately forgiven. Despite initially seeming like they could never become friends, an unexpected friendship began to blossom between the two mothers.

In the drama’s upcoming third episode, the two women will become even closer after Byun Choon Hee accidentally witnesses the physical altercation between Lee Eun Pyo and her former friend Seo Jin Ha (Kim Kyu Ri).

Newly released photos from the episode capture Lee Eun Pyo and Byun Choon Hee confiding in one another as they share a glass of wine late at night. Having finally left their kids and husbands behind for a moment, the two mothers take the chance to relax and enjoy some time for themselves—and as they start to feel more comfortable with each other, they both wind up confessing hidden secrets about themselves. A conversation that starts out with “Can I tell you something?” quickly grows deeper as the secrets they reveal become more and more personal.

After getting caught up in the excitement of the moment—especially after a drink or two—the women wind up climbing a fence, raising the question of what kind of trouble these typically well-behaved moms might be getting up to.

Lee-Yo-Won.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won-Chu-Ja-Hyun-2.jpg

Chu-Ja-Hyun-Lee-Yo-Won.jpg

Chu-Ja-Hyun-Lee-Yo-Won-2.jpg

The next episode of “Green Mothers’ Club” will air on April 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521813wpp/lee-yo-won-and-chu-ja-hyun-confess-their-secrets-over-late-night-wine-in-green-mothers-club

• Like 2