[Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽

larus

‘Green Mothers Club’ Choo Ja-hyun and Jang Hye-jin, ‘Knowing Bros’ scramble next week to hold ‘Parents’ General Meeting’

http://img.etoday.co.kr/pto_db/2022/03/600/20220327011905_1732626_1086_613.jpg

b7932314107e617e581b35f0fe45a9d671017247

Actors Choo Ja-hyun and Jang Hye-jin of the drama 'Green Mothers Club' will appear in 'Knowing Bros' next week.

In the JTBC 'Knowing Bros' broadcast on the 26th, Park Jung-ah and Ka-hee, who returned to the project group 'Mamadol', and Oh My Girl's Mimi and Seung-hee, who are about to make a comeback, appeared as transfer students. Choo Ja-hyun and Jang Hye-jin appeared in the preview for next week.

Choo Ja-hyun said, "It's been 9372 days since her debut," and Jang Hye-jin introduced herself, "She is the Academy Award-winning Jang Hye-jin."

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=222186

Mother's Club] Hello, I'm Seo Jin-ha, a hot mom | membership application

Green Mothers Club] Hello, I'm Youngmi Kim | membership application

Spoiler

Green Mothers Club] Hello, I'm Alpha Mom Yoon-Joo Park | membership application

• Like 3

“Green Mothers’ Club” Shares Intriguing Key Points To Introduce Drama Ahead Of Premiere

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 28, 2022
by S. Cho

Ahead of its premiere, “Green Mothers’ Club” has dropped three key points to introduce the drama!

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” is a new drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school – and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo WonChu Ja HyunJang Hye JinKim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung will star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

With just over a week left until its premiere, here are three key points to get a better grasp at what this drama’s all about.

1. A gathering place for all types of moms – from “new mom” to “alpha mom”

The elementary school parents association “Green Mothers’ Club,” which is unavoidable if you’re a mother in South Korea, serves as a gathering place for all types of mothers with all types of education values and parenting styles. From “new mom” Lee Eun Pyo to “alpha mom” Park Yoon Joo, who moves to this community solely for her child, “Green Mothers’ Club” will highlight different approaches to parenthood.

“New mom” Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) is the complete opposite of “tiger mom” Byun Choon Hee (Chu Ja Hyun) who has everything perfectly planned out. Kim Kyu Ri plays “outsider mom” Seo Jin Ha who raises her kids in her own way, while Jang Hye Jin stars as “Scandi mom” Kim Young Mi, who finds it important to have an emotional connection with her child. Finally, there’s the passionate “alpha mom” Park Yoon Joo (Joo Min Kyung), who rounds out the drastically different group of moms in “Green Mothers’ Club.”

Lee-Yo-Won.jpeg

Chu-Ja-Hyun.jpeg

2. The place of psychological warfare among mothers who cannot bear to be in second place

The mothers in “Green Mothers’ Club” only have one goal – raising their child to have no need to envy others. Out of hopes that their child will be more successful and comfortable than others, these mothers set out on a competitive psychological battle to gain any sort of valuable information from the parents association.

While she initially finds the parents association awkward, “new mom” Lee Eun Pyo eventually adapts to the atmosphere and boldly jumps in to the war of private education. As the queen bee of the “Green Mothers’ Club” with by far the most information, Byun Choon Hee keeps her distance from other mothers, knowing that they’re eyeing her plan. Additionally, Park Yoon Joo stealthily collects information from other mothers in the “Green Mothers’ Club” in order to help out her smart daughter.

Kim Young Mi is a self-proclaimed “woke mom” who criticizes the wave of private education and is completely against children’s excessive prerequisite learning. Despite having a completely different approach from the other moms, Kim Young Mi has a genius son whose life doesn’t revolve around private lessons. Although they all have different methods, they all have the desire for their child to be happier than others.

Spoiler

Joo-Min-Kyung.jpeg

Jang-Hye-Jin.jpeg

3. The place of budding friendship, even amid a competitive psychological battle

The “Green Mothers’ Club” is a place where mothers engage in a silent and invisible battle of information, but also a place where they start to develop unique friendships with one another. Although they appear to have nothing in common, these ladies encounter similar questions and concerns while raising their kids and end up growing closer as they share solutions with one another.

As they aren’t friends nor co-workers, these five mothers gather with an odd relationship. While they dig into each other’s weaknesses, they also nonchalantly offer each other help, as if nothing ever happened. Although they meet through their children’s names, the mothers eventually grow close enough to refer to one another by their own first names, raising anticipation to see how their friendships blossom.

Spoiler

Kim-Kyu-Ri.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1519527wpp/green-mothers-club-shares-intriguing-key-points-to-introduce-drama-ahead-of-premiere

• Like 4

Lee Yo Won Is Less Than Excited To Run Into Kim Kyu Ri And Roy Choi In Upcoming Drama “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 30, 2022
by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Green Mothers’ Club” shared new stills of Lee Yo Won, Kim Kyu Ri, and Roy Choi!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a new drama about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja HyunJang Hye Jin, Kim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung will star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

In the upcoming drama, Lee Eun Pyo (Lee Yo Won) will meet her ex-boyfriend Rui (Roy Choi) as Seo Jin Ha’s (Kim Kyu Ri’s) husband. After moving for her two sons’ education, Lee Eun Pyo will coincidentally reunite with her former friend Seo Jin Ha who appears to have everything from talent to wealth. From their school days, Lee Eun Pyo was always compared to Seo Jin Ha, making then rivals.

Unlike Lee Eun Pyo who only wants to keep her distance, Seo Jin Ha seems to act unaware of Lee Eun Pyo’s feelings towards her and enthusastically welcomes her to the neighborhood. However, as Lee Eun Pyo’s unruly son gets compared to Seo Jin Ha’s prodigy son, Lee Eun Pyo recalls her feelings of inferiority from the past.

Kim-Kyu-Ri1.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won-2.jpeg

Not to mention, Lee Eun Pyo’s ex-boyfriend Rui will appear as Seo Jin Ha’s husband, making their relationship flow in an unpredictable direction. Viewers are already curious to find out how Rui, who reliably supported Lee Eun Pyo during her studies abroad in France, ended up marrying her rival Seo Jin Ha.

Spoiler

Lee-Yo-Won1.jpeg

Roy-2.jpeg

Roy.jpeg

The newly released stills capture the contrasting emotions between the two rivals. Lee Eun Pyo exudes youthful energy with a bright smile on her face, while Seo Jin Ha creates a tense atmosphere with her smile. The stills of Rui also raise the question of what role he will play in the two friends’ relationship. Furthermore, the previously released highlight teaser also made it appear as if Seo Jin Ha had stolen Lee Eun Pyo’s boyfriend, fueling the mystery behind their relationship even further.

Roy-Lee-Yo-Won.jpeg

Spoiler

Roy-Kim-Kyu-Ri.jpeg

Kim-Kyu-Ri-2.jpeg

Roy-Kim-Kyu-Ri-2.jpeg

“Green Mothers’ Club” will premiere on April 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1519779wpp/lee-yo-won-is-less-than-excited-to-run-into-kim-kyu-ri-and-roy-choi-in-upcoming-drama-green-mothers-club

• Like 5

Watch: Lee Yo Won Has A Tough Time Adjusting To Her New Community In “Green Mothers’ Club” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 1, 2022
by L. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Green Mothers’ Club” has released a new teaser!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo WonChu Ja HyunJang Hye JinKim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung will star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

On April 1, the drama shared a new teaser that shows Lee Eun Pyo (played by Lee Yo Won) going through a rough time in her new neighborhood. Lee Eun Pyo and Byun Choon Hee (played by Chu Ja Hyun) get off on the wrong foot when Byun Choon Hee attempts to save a kid who almost gets hit by the moving truck Lee Eun Pyo is in. They share an awkward greeting, and their encounters after that are just as tense and uncomfortable.

Park Yoon Joo (played by Joo Min Kyung), Lee Eun Pyo’s deceptively cheerful younger cousin, warns Lee Eun Pyo saying, “If you get on Byun Choon Hee’s wrong side, you’re over,” hinting that Byun Choon Hee is the Queen Bee around here.

Not only does Lee Eun Pyo have to deal with Byun Choon Hee, but she also has to face her former friend Seo Jin Ha (played by Kim Kyu Ri). Unlike Lee Eun Pyo, Seo Jin Ha is thrilled by their reunion and gives her a warm embrace.

Things go south when Lee Eun Pyo shares her philosophy as a mother. She says, “I’m not that kind of mom,” to which Byun Choon Hee stiffens and responds with, “That kind of mom?” Lee Eun Pyo states, “Sending kids to academies just stresses them out, and I think that’s just the greed of the mother.”

“Green Mothers’ Club” will premiere on April 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the full teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1520110wpp/watch-lee-yo-won-has-a-tough-time-adjusting-to-her-new-community-in-green-mothers-club-teaser

• Like 4

13 April K-Drama Premieres To Get Excited About

Apr 1, 2022
by D. Kim

Several dramas with diverse genres and star-studded casts are gearing up to premiere this month!

Here’s what to anticipate in April:

“Green Mothers’ Club”

green-mothers-club1.jpeg

Cast: Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Kim Kyu Ri, Jang Hye Jin, Joo Min Kyung, Yoon Kyung Ho, Choi Jae Rim, Im Soo Hyung, Roy Choi, Choi Duk Moon, Oh Hee Joon, Park Ye Rin, etc.

Premiere Date: April 6

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. KST on JTBC

“Green Mothers’ Club” is about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Kim Kyu Ri, Jang Hye Jin, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1520085wpp/13-april-k-drama-premieres-to-get-excited-about

• Like 4

Premiere Watch: Green Mothers’ Club

gmc_pr.jpg

by missvictrix

Time slot: Wednesday-Thursday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Drama, friendship
Episode count: 16

There are a bunch more dramas coming this weekend, but in JTBC’s mid-week slot (taking Thirty-Nine’s place) is Green Mothers’ Club. Led by a cast of five women — Lee Yo-won, Chu Ja-hyun, Kim Gyu-ri, Jang Hye-jin, and Joo Min-kyung — the drama explores the ups and downs (and school politics) of motherhood. I feel like we’ve had one too many dramas about mothers, whether scary or wonderful, and their place in their child’s education, but Green Mothers’ Club does look like it will lean on the friendship angle. Regardless, I’ll be checking it out for Chu Ja-hyun alone — she wowed me in My Unfamiliar Family.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/premiere-watch-green-mothers-club/

Sung Byung-sook plays Lee Yo-won's mother... 'Green Mothers Club'

NISI20220405_0000967521_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Actress Sung Byung-sook will be playing the role of Yo-won Lee's mother in JTBC's 'Green Mothers Club'.

On the April 5th, Cremate Media announced, "Actress Sung Byung-sook will appear in 'Green Mothers Club' as the mother of 'new mom' Lee Eun-pyo (Lee Yo-won), who first stepped into the elementary school community."

'Hyung-im', played by Sung Byung-sook, is a person who raised Eun-pyo with utmost sincerity while working at a paint shop. She is sorry for Eun-pyo, and it is a role that shows infinite weakness in front of her daughter.

Meanwhile, 'Green Mothers Club' will premiere on the 6th at 10:30 PM.

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20220405_0001821413

• Like 4

Did you see the relationship between the characters of ‘Green Mothers Club’? Sequel to 'Thirty-Nine'

Attention is focused on the character relationship of the drama 'Green Mothers Club', which will be aired as a sequel to 'Thirty-Nine'. JTBC's 'Green Mothers Club', which will be aired on the 6th, is a drama depicting the bare face of an elementary school community and the dangerous network of parents in the neighborhood.

In this regard, attention is focused on the relationship between the characters in 'Green Mothers Club'. Eun-pyo Lee, played by Yo-won Lee, is a mother who has just entered the private education community for her children. He runs into a friend who stimulated his childhood complex in the neighborhood, breaks his pride and changes his route.

JTBC 'Green Mothers Club' character relationship diagram

14682416_778739_3722.jpg

Byun Chun-hee, played by Choo Ja-hyun, is the most hacky mother in Sang-dong. Even with her mother's relationship, she never runs a business, and she has a perfect education plan for her child to go to a prestigious university. She unexpectedly betrays her friendship with Eun-pyo, whom she had built up with difficulty due to her case.

Kim Gyu-ri takes on the role of Seo Jin-ha, who does not belong to her mother's community and raises her child in her own way. She is Eun-pyo's rival and old friend, and her private life is shrouded in veil.

Kim Young-mi, played by Hye-jin Jang, is a mother who values emotional connection with her children. As her husband's success slowed, she became obsessed with political correctness and opinion leaders.

Park Yoon-ju, played by Ju Min-kyung, is Eun-pyo's younger brother and the older sister he used to play with. For the sake of her child, she rushed into the upper wing.

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14682416

• Like 3

Lee Yo Won Falls Into Chu Ja Hyun’s Bad Books In “Green Mothers’ Club”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 5, 2022
by S. Cho

“Green Mothers’ Club” has dropped new stills of Lee Yo Won and Chu Ja Hyun ahead of the drama’s premiere!

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” is about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school – and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye JinKim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung will star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

Lee Yo Won stars as “newcomer mom” Lee Eun Pyo, an ordinary housewife with a prestigious education who has just moved into the neighborhood. Chu Ja Hyun plays “tiger mom” Byun Choon Hee, the beautiful queen bee of the neighborhood who lives across the street from Lee Eun Pyo and stands at the top of the parents’ social ladder.

The new stills capture a tense moment between these two mothers. Lee Eun Pyo stands with her head bowed towards Byun Choon Hee while everyone else watches, implying that Lee Eun Pyo has caused an accident. In turn, Byun Choon Hee stares cruelly at Lee Eun Pyo. As it hasn’t been long since Lee Eun Pyo moved into this competitive neighborhood, she has yet to adjust, raising curiosity about what exactly led to this stressful moment.

Green-Mothers-Club.jpeg

Lee-Yo-Won-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Chu-Ja-Hyun-1.jpeg

Lee-Yo-Won-2.jpeg

Although Lee Eun Pyo and Byun Choon Hee are neighbors whose children attend the same school, they’ve led completely opposite lives. Lee Eun Pyo is completely unfamiliar with her new neighborhood’s competitive approach to education, while Byun Choon Hee has an elite course planned to a T for her children, which previews how their contrasting personalities will clash in their parents association.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1520753wpp/lee-yo-won-falls-into-chu-ja-hyuns-bad-books-in-green-mothers-club

• Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽 -Lee Yo Won, Choo Ja-hyun, Kim Gyu Ri- Wednesday & Thursday @22:30 KST

The story of the mothers of ‘Green Mothers Club’ comes to the small screen once again. In the past, desire, jealousy, and restraint were mainly dealt with, but 'Green Mothers Club' focuses on friendship, family love, and mothers' women.

213eb144-e5ad-4de4-926c-b676b1fa1480.jpg

On the 6th, JTBC's new drama 'Green Mothers Club' online production presentation was held. The event was attended by director Rahana and Lee Yo-won, Choo Ja-hyun, Kim Gyu-ri, Jang Hye-jin, and Jumin-kyung. 'Green Mothers Club' is a drama that depicts the bare face of an elementary school community and the dangerous network of parents in the neighborhood.

860e21ba-b883-465a-8834-f3af269fff39.jpg

First, director expressed her satisfaction with the actor lineup. The synchronization rate of the characters and actors in the script with the writer's passion was high, and the birth of a well-made drama was foretold. All the actors the writer imagined while writing the script gathered and announced good synergy. Director Rahana emphasized, "There are a lot of similarities to the synchro rate. The actors maximized the individuality of each character and acted. Also, the further back they went, the more they seemed to become the characters themselves."

Works that focused on parents, such as 'SKY Castle' and 'Penthouse', have been visiting small screens and have been a success. Director Rahana said, "I met many actors, but after reading the script, I felt the reality. Since it is a story about children's education, I cannot not talk about the existing works. The texture is different from the previous works. People who see 'My Story' You will get the feeling of that.” He pointed out the formation of consensus as a differentiation.

b9fb39ee-b2d0-4122-82d0-d5929d8d9e06.jpg

What is the chemistry on set?

Lee Yo-won and Choo Ja-hyun attended the online production presentation of JTBC's new drama 'Green Mothers Club'. Provided by JTBC

Yo-won Lee recalled the first meeting, saying, "Ja-hyun Choo is originally good. She was the character from the beginning. The other people were the people I read in the script. The casting was perfect. I fell in love with the character more easily." The chemistry between the two was really good. It is said that Lee Yo-won and Choo Ja-hyeon actually became good friends as they fell in love with their different personalities. In addition, the appearance of senior actors cheering for Ju Min-kyung, the youngest on the set, made the atmosphere warm.

The sympathy of the actors who are mothers was also great. Hyejin Jang said, "The worries of mothers and children are melted in the drama. I also gain confidence and reflect on the drama while watching it. I learned a lot and thought about it."

Choo Ja-hyun said, "I'm not a parent of a school kid yet, so I don't know much about education. I don't feel it. Even I, the education center, is not standing upright. I tried to be faithful to the script. . When I thought it was my child, it became my mother's heart. It was another discovery on my own."

In addition, Yowon Lee said, "I come out as a mother of two sons. The script was very realistic. The story I heard came out as it is. Many stories the writer experienced are buried. Our work is not just a drama about parents. There are friendships, family love, and thrillers."

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022040613400003810

• Like 4

“Green Mothers’ Club” Premieres To Quiet Start As “Kill Heel” Takes No. 1 In Ratings

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 7, 2022
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Green Mothers’ Club” has joined the Wednesday-Thursday drama lineup!

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 6 premiere of “Green Mothers’ Club” garnered an average nationwide rating of 2.519 percent. This is a quiet start compared to its predecessor “Thirty-Nine,” which premiered to a score of 4.406 percent and concluded at 8.122 percent.

“Green Mothers’ Club” is about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school – and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo WonChu Ja HyunJang Hye JinKim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1520954wpp/green-mothers-club-premieres-to-quiet-start-as-kill-heel-takes-no-1-in-ratings

• Like 1

Rating of 2nd ep improved a bit... Hope they keep it up till the end :lol:

“Kill Heel” Remains No. 1 As “Green Mothers’ Club” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

JTBC’s new drama “Green Mothers’ Club” enjoyed a rise in viewership for its second episode!

“Green Mothers’ Club” is a new series about the dangerous relationships between parents at a local elementary school—and the hidden dark side of this seemingly friendly community. Lee Yo Won, Chu Ja Hyun, Jang Hye Jin, Kim Kyu Ri, and Joo Min Kyung star as five very different mothers who belong to the same parents association at the school.

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 2.991 percent on April 7, marking a modest increase from its premiere rating of 2.519 percent the night prior.

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Kill Heel,” which airs in the same time slot, also saw an increase in viewership last night. The show earned an average nationwide rating of 3.670 percent for its latest episode, successfully defending its position as the most-watched Wednesday-Thursday drama of the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521097wpp/kill-heel-remains-no-1-as-green-mothers-club-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode

• Like 3

15 hours ago, QSD said:

cr owner

I've watched 2 ep.  I'm curious about their relationship.  Jinha seems clingy to Eunpyo.

Instead of stirring hate relationship b/w 2 rivals, some ppl in Twitter already shipped them, lol :D

I haven't watched 2 first ep yet (will do this weekend), but I hope it's the case. ;) Come on PD, go with sth wild and daring. Don't make typical plot-line. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 1

Interesting start.....I know at this point Eun Pyo seems most green but I guess as we get a peek into this den of tiger moms, we'll understand where exactly are each mother we see are green. I have to admit Jin Ha is weird to me. Why is she so clingy about Eun Pyo....Eun Pyo was cold as ice to her and she kept intruding in her space. Yes, I too felt like she may have been in love with Eun Pyo....that would be a good story. Louis is a sore spot for Eun Pyo but I felt like it has more to do with how she met him years later. She lost a job opportunity, is adjusting to a new life centered around her children with a part of her source of confidence having been ripped away from her....isn't looking her best, isn't financially solvent and nobody wants to meet their ex and rival that way. Anyway, it'd be interesting to see how it all unravels from here.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Green Mothers Club, 그린마더스클럽