[Drama 2022] Remarriage and Desires/The Bride of Black, 블랙의 신부- Kim Hee Sun & Lee Hyun-wook

larus

NETFLIX DRAMA 2022

THE BRIDE OF BLACK

Remarriage_and_Desires-Mp1.jpeg

Drama: The Bride of Black/ Remarriage and Desires (English title)

Hangul: 블랙의 신부

Genre: drama

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 8

Director: Kim Jung-min (Bad Guys, Hidden Identity, 38 Task Force, Love Affairs in the Afternoon)

Writer: Lee Geun Young (War of  the Roses, My Mother is a Daughter-in-law, I'm a Mother, Too)

Release Date: July 15, 2022

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

"The Bride of Black"/“Remarriage & Desires” deals with the desire in the remarriage market, which revolves around upper-class marriage information companies.

“Remarriage & Desires” revolves around Rex, a matchmaking agency that specializes in the remarriages of ambitious clients who strive to marry rich spouses.

Cast

Kim Hee Sun as Seo Hye Seung

Lee Hyun Wook as Lee Hyeong-joo

Jung Yoo-jin as Jin Yoo-hee

Cha Ji-yeon as Choi Yoo Sun

Park Hoon as Cha Seok-Jin

Kim Mi-kyung as Lee Hyeong-joo`s mother

Kim Yoon-seo as

Kim Sa-kwon as

Lady Jane as

Character descriptions

Kim-Hee-Sun1.jpg

“I will drag her down at her happiest moment.”

Seo Hye-seung ( Kim Hee Sun) is a typical middle-income housewife in Gangnam, who joins a marriage information company that specializes only in upper class because of her  mother who encourages her to remarry because her husband has passed away and she is devastated. She jumps into Rex in order to get revenge against Jin Yoo Hee (Jung Yoo Jin), the one who ruined her life.

Lee-Hyun-Woo.jpg

“I don’t trust women.”

Lee Hyeong Joo (Lee Hyun Wook), a chairman of a self-made venture company. He exudes confidence and integrity as someone in the Black tier, which comprises only 0.1 percent of the population. Lee Hyeong Joo has everything, including good looks, a solid academic background, and abundant wealth. He joins Rex to find the  perfect business partner instead of fickle love

Jung-Yoo-Jin.jpg

“I want [someone from] the highest tier: Black.”

Jin Yoo Hee (Jung Yoo Jin) is a lawyer who will destroy everything in her way in order to get what she wants. She enters Rex to get the fast pass into the elite society, but Seo Hye Seung, who knows her past, will be a huge obstacle in her path.

Park-Hoon.jpg

“It has become clear what I’ve wanted so badly.”

Cha Seok Jin (Park Hoon ) is a professor who is fighting against his stepmother Choi Yoo Seon (Cha Ji Yeon) for the huge inheritance left by his father. He is also in the Black tier at Rex, and he comes across his first love Seo Hye Seung at the matchmaking agency.

Cha-Ji-Yeon.jpg

“Marriage is business” clearly shows her views on the matter.

Choi Yoo Seon (Cha Ji Yeon) is the CEO of Rex, a top matchmaking agency with its firm logic that “marriage is a business where supply and demand meet” and accurately identifies customers’ needs. Similar to Jin Yoo Hee, Choi Yoo Seon will do anything for her own benefit, and she takes advantage of people’s greedy desire to marry someone from the Black tier.

Posters

Remarriage-and-Desires.jpg

Kim-Hee-Sun.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3

Kim Hee-Sun, last seen in Alice, I'm a touch intrigued despite the lack of plot here. But Lee Hyun Wook only appears as cheater, so hopefully his role will be a different one now?  

• Like 2

'Main' Lee Hyun-wook, the next work 'Black Bride' confirmed... acting with Hee sun Kim

optimize

Actor Lee Hyun-wook confirmed'Black Bride' as the next work. As a result of news 1 coverage on the 21st, Lee Hyun-wook made the final decision to appear in Netflix's original 'Bride of Black'.

'Black Bride' is a work that deals with the desire in the remarriage market, which is developed mainly by upper-class marriage information companies. Lee Hyun-wook is going to take on the male protagonist in the play and act along with Kim Hee-sun.

Lee Hyun-wook took the role of Yoo Yoo-hyuk, the killer in the 2019 OCN drama ``Others are Hell,'' and at the beginning of this year, he was well received for expressing the three-dimensional character in the JTBC drama ``Senior, don't put that lipstick on''. After appearing in the recently aired tvN drama'Mine', he once again succeeded in transforming his image, and he plans to continue his trend by quickly deciding his next work.

Meanwhile,'Black Bride' is going to be filmed soon, and is scheduled to open next year.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4312966

Actor Lee Hyun-wook appears in'Black Bride'. On May 21, Lee Hyun-wook's management air side revealed to NewsN that "It is correct for Lee Hyun-wook to appear in'The Bride of Black'."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202105211022508010

• Like 2

Netflix’s ‘The Bride Of Black’ Confirms The Addition of Actor Lee Hyun Wook

Published

7 days ago

lee-hyun-wook.jpg

Netflix library is filling up with Korean dramas day by day. And hey, we are not complaining. If anything, we love Korean dramas. They are sweet, short, have mystery, drama, romance, beautiful OSTs, and whatnot. Also, millions of people love watching the outcomes of the South Korean Entertainment industry. Previous, several viewers of Netflix requested the production company to bring more Kdramas, new and old, to the platform. Moreover, after seeing the success Kdramas bring to Netflix, they have also expanded their business in South Korea. And now they are coming with another drama, The Bride Of Black. Apparently, Lee Hyun Wook will lead the show.

The Bride Of Black is an upcoming South Korean drama. This marks another drama coming from the network, JTBC. The upcoming show is in its pre-production stage and does not even have a director at the moment. It’s okay to say that we have to wait for quite some time to witness the show. But, it has already started approaching actors that are suitable for the characters.

Lee Geun Young will pen down the script of the show. She has previously written I’m A Mother, Too; My Mother is a Daughter In law, and War Of The Roses. Apart from the screenwriter, the show will also include actor, Lee Hyun Wook, who is currently appearing in Mine. 

https://otakukart.com/netflixs-the-bride-of-black-confirms-the-addition-of-actor-lee-hyun-wook/

• Like 2

Cha Ji Yeon reportedly cast one of female leads for Netflix drama The Bride opf Black and she will act as Choi Yoo-sun who is the CEO of the best marriage information company specializing in the upper class.

`Exemplary Taxi'/`Taxi Driver` Cha Ji won joins the lead role of'Black Bride'... With Kim Hee-sun

optimize

Cha Ji-yeon, a 'model taxi villain', will once again show a strong performance through 'The Black Bride'. As a result of checking News 1 on the 31st, Cha Ji-yeon will join her new drama 'Black Bride' as a lead role.

'Black Bride' is a work that deals with the desire in the remarriage market, which is developed around upper-class marriage information companies. It is a popular reality satire depicting people who realize their desires over marriage, which is a means of advancing into a high-class society or maintaining a high-class status. Chae-yeon takes on the role of Yoo-sun Choi, the representative of Korea's top-class professional marriage information company. She was born with an earthen spoon and is a successful person who entered the marriage market, convinced that the condition of happiness is money.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4322847

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Casting news

Jung Yu-jin joins the lead role in 'Black Bride' acting along with Kim Hee-sun

http://www.beffreport.com/news/photo/202106/96821_47111_4538.jpg

A drama official told Ilgan Sports on the 17th, "Jung Yoo-jin will play the role of Jin Yu-hee in the Netflix drama 'Black Bride'."

'Black's Bride' deals with the big deal of desire in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. A realistic satire that focuses on the process of people choosing their desires and believing that it is love. It is made up of 8 parts.

Jin Yoo-hee, played by Jung Yu-jin, is a lawyer in the legal team of a large corporation with a desire to become the top class. She is a femme fatale with her beautiful figure and deadly scent. I wonder how Jung Yu-jin will portray the fatal woman Jin Yu-hee, and how she will also resolve the conflict with Kim Hee-sun (Seo Hye-seung) in her antithesis.

https://news.joins.com/article/24084680?cloc=rss-news-total_list

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=96821

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Hee-sun and Lee Hyun-wook's 'Black Bride', script reading on July 6th... The first shovel floats

http://img.lb.joynews24.com/image_gisa/202106/1625014870_1307.jpg

Actors Kim Hee-sun, Lee Hyun-wook, Jung Yu-jin, and Cha Ji-yeon will unite as 'The Black Bride'.

As a result of the coverage of Joy News 24 on the 30th, the global online streaming service (OTT) Netflix original 'The Bride of Black' (directed by Kim Jung-min, written by Lee Geun-young) and the cast members including Kim Hee-sun, Lee Hyun-wook, Jung Yu-jin, and Cha Ji-yeon will read the full script on July 6th. and start production in earnest.

The drama 'Black Bride' is a realistic satire that deals with the desires in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. Director Kim Jung-min of 'Bad Guys' will direct, and writer Lee Geun-young of 'I'm a Mom' is in charge of the screenplay.

Kim Hee-sun plays Seo Hye-seung, a typical upper-middle-class housewife in Gangnam, Lee Hyun-wook plays Lee Hyeong-joo, a venture company, Jeong Yu-jin plays Jin Yu-hee, a lawyer at a large corporation with a desire to become the top-class, and Cha Ji-yeon plays Choi Yu-sun, a representative of the country's top upper-class marriage company.

'The Black Bride', which has finished casting and is about to read the script and film, is an eight-part series and will be released through Netflix.

http://www.joynews24.com/view/1380872

• Like 3

So LHW after drama Mine... gonna start drama with centered on women marriage and  "upper class" setting.

'Black's Bride' deals with the big deal of desire in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. A realistic satire that focuses on the process of people choosing their desires and believing that it is love. It is made up of 8 parts.

Reading the plot and noting "upperlcass" I'm thinking a satire of  Millionaire Matchmaker or  Who wants to Mary a Milliionare.  It's interesting. The director though, most of his drama's were action genre.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, jongski said:

. gonna start drama with centered on women marriage and  "upper class" setting.

Once an actor has a succesful role, we can see him or her receiving similar offers. Perhaps he has a different kind of role. 

Upper class settings...Nothing new.  Don`t forget there are High Class with Cho Yeo Jung and  Soo Ae`s Duke City, just to name a few upcoming kdramas with a chaebol family.

• Like 2

Casting news

Actor Park Hoon is considering appearing in 'The Black Bride'.

AALDQFW.img?h=211&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

An official from his agency Alien Company told Newsen on July 1, "Park Hoon received an offer to appear in 'The Black Bride' and is considering it."

'Black Bride' is a Netflix original drama that deals with the desire in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. Previously, actor Kim Hee-sun was considered for casting, and Lee Hyun-wook confirmed the role.

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/박훈-측-블랙의-신부-제안받고-검토-중-김희선-만날까-공식/ar-AALDEGp

• Like 3

@larus this casting news. so good. Park Hoon in this drama!  YES! the more I'm gonna watch this. I like this actor. ahjussi crush!

He was terrific in the drama Nobody Knows..... so darn good I kept posting there, he should win an award ( he playey a  wealthy  scary pyscho) He's a good actor. I remember he was also in Eternal King Monarch whilst Nobody Know was still airing.

Is he gonna be a wealthy proespective husband in this drama. Me think so. But is he gonna be the jerk one. Remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

Filming for the Netflix drama 'Black Bride' has been delayed by two weeks. This is the aftermath of actress Cha Ji-yeon's corona 19 confirmation.

On the 6th, 'Black's Bride' announced that filming would be delayed for two weeks for a safe environment. Earlier, as Cha Ji-yeon was confirmed with Corona 19, the main cast members such as Kim Hee-sun and Lee Hyun-wook also tested negative for Corona 19, but decided to postpone the filming in case of an emergency.

Black Bride' is a Netflix original drama dealing with desires in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. Meanwhile, the musical 'Red Book' will also be suspended for two weeks until the 17th due to Cha Ji-yeon's confirmation.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/07/651380/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actor Kim Yoon-seo continues his active activities with Netflix's 'Black Bride' as his next work.

AAMl0uX.img?h=326&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Black Bride', starring Kim Yoon-seo, is a Netflix original drama that deals with the desire in the remarriage market, which is centered on upper-class marriage information companies. Directed by Kim Jung-min of 'Bad Guys' and written by Lee Geun-young of 'I'm a Mom too' took the pen.

'Black Bride' is receiving a lot of attention as actors such as Kim Hee-sun, Lee Hyun-wook, and Cha Ji-yeon have confirmed their appearances.

Kim Yoon-seo is showing her outstanding acting skills by appearing in the role of Jung Seong-eun, who is full of girl crush charm in the recently aired MBC 'Only Without Crazy'.

Kim Yun-seo made her face known to the public with 'I Saw the Devil' in 2010, and appeared in MBC's 'The Pair', 'A Gentleman's Dignity', SBS 'A Gentleman's Dignity', KBS 2TV's 'You're the Best Lee Soon-shin', 'A Woman's Secret', and MBN's 'Elegant Family'. Each left a strong impression. She returned to the screen after two years with the movie 'The Fighter', which won the Jury Prize at the Korean Film Festival in Florence last year.

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/김윤서-넷플릭스-블랙의-신부-출연김희선·이현욱-호흡/ar-AAMkPEm

• Like 1

New Casting news!:).

KimHeeSun, LeeHyunWook, JungYooJin, ParkHoon and ChaJiYeon officially confirmed cast for Netflix original drama TheBrideOfBlack. It’s about those who are running toward their desires dreaming of marrying the highest grade of an upper-class marriage information company.

• Like 1

New Netflix drama confirms lineup with Kim Hee-sun, Jung Yoo-jin, Park Hoon, Lee Hyun-wook, and Cha Ji-yeon

by tccolb

brideofblack1.jpg

A new satire drama called Remarriage & Desires (translated Korean title Bride of Black) has been announced by Netflix. Casting has already been confirmed for Kim Hee-sun (Alice), Lee Hyun-wook (Mine), Jung Yoo-jin (Catch the Ghost), Park Hoon (Nobody Knows), and Cha Ji-yeon (Taxi Driver).

The drama explores how marriage has devolved into a battle of assets among the wealthy – disguised under the mask of “in the name of love.” Our story follows a group of people whose life ambition is to enter and remain in society’s upper class. In order to secure their social status, they register with an exclusive marriage agency and scheme to marry (or re-marry) someone in the agency’s top-ranking VIP black tier.

Kim Hee-sun takes on the role of Seo Hye-seung. She had once been a middle-class housewife, living a happy and comfortable life in a well-to-do neighborhood. But, in one moment, she lost everything. When she meets the person who caused her life to crumble, she vows to get even, and rise above them in society.

Lee Hyun-wook plays the part of self-made CEO Lee Hyung-joo, one of the top eligible bachelors in the marriage agency’s black tier. His first marriage failed, and he’s determined in his second marriage to marry someone who will be beneficial to him.

In support roles, Jung Yoo-jin is a corporate lawyer named Jin Yoo-hee who’ll stop at nothing if it means becoming a member of high society. Park Hoon is a well-known professor who is embroiled in an inheritance war with his family. And, last but not least, Cha Ji-yeon is Choi Yoo-sun, CEO of the drama’s marriage agency.

Writing for the drama is Lee Geun-young (I Am the Mother Too) and directing will be helmed by PD Kim Jung-min (Weekday Afternoon Lovers, Bad Guys). A release date has not yet been announced.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/new-netflix-drama-confirms-lineup-with-kim-hee-sun-jung-yoo-jin-park-hoon-lee-hyun-wook-and-cha-ji-yeon/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Kim Sa-kwon to appear in 'The Black Bride'... Kim Hee-sun → Cha Ji-yeon breathing

http://talkimg.imbc.com/TVianUpload/tvian/TViews/image/2021/08/30/ba7fddea-e204-422d-9de6-3e20c78d9770.jpg

As a result of the iMBC coverage on the 31st, Sa-kwon Kim confirmed to appear in the Netflix series 'The Black Bride'.

It is a realistic satire that follows the desires of those who dream of turning their lives around through marriage and remarriage in order to enter or maintain a high society.

Writer Lee Geun-young, who wrote 'Mother is my daughter-in-law'', will write the script for 'Black's Bride', and PD Kim Jung-min of 'Weekday Afternoon Lovers' and 'Bad Guys' will direct the production. Produced by Image9Coms and Tiger Studio. In addition to Kim Sa-kwon, Kim Hee-sun, Lee Hyun-wook, Jung Yu-jin, Park Hoon, and Cha Ji-yeon have confirmed their appearances.

http://talkimg.imbc.com/TVianUpload/tvian/TViews/image/2021/08/30/ac7a4ca0-79de-4687-9490-c003a1f7745b.jpg

Kim Sa-kwon made his debut in 'Golden Time' in 2012 and has proven his acting skills by appearing in a number of dramas such as 'Bubble Gum', 'One More Happy Ending', 'My Golden Life', 'Greasy Melo' and 'Please Take Care of Summer'. He will also play a major role in 'The Bride of Black' and play a pivotal role in the character relationship.

'Black Bride' will be released in 190 countries around the world through Netflix.

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/323993

https://twitter.com/kdramacasting/status/1432487116680794112

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Song Hye Kyo Shows Love For Close Friend Kim Hee Sun On Set Of Her New Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 16, 2021
by L. Kim

Song Hye Kyo made a sweet show of support for her good friend Kim Hee Sun!

On September 16, Kim Hee Sun revealed on Instagram that Song Hye Kyo had thoughtfully sent a snack truck to the set of her upcoming Netflix drama “The Bride of Black” (literal title). The caption reads, “Hye Kyo, who has a pretty face and a pretty heart. I’ll work harder after eating something sweet. Thank you, dear dongsaeng.”

In the photos, Kim Hee Sun happily poses with Song Hye Kyo’s gift. The banner next to the truck features a loving message from Song Hye Kyo, saying, “I am rooting for my beautiful Hee Sun unnie and the cast and crew of ‘The Bride of Black’!”

2021091615195389240_1.jpgb.mtstarnews.com/06/2021/09/2021091615195389240_1.jpg

Song Hye Kyo responded to the post with a lot of hearts and commented, “Cheer up, unnie!!!”

song-hye-kyo.jpg

Kim Hee Sun’s new drama “The Bride of Black” revolves around a marriage information company for the upper class. Meanwhile, Song Hye Kyo’s drama “Now, We Are Breaking Up” (literal translation) is currently slated to premiere in November.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488970wpp/song-hye-kyo-shows-love-for-close-friend-kim-hee-sun-on-set-of-her-new-drama

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Actor Kim Sa-kwon has confirmed his appearance in the new romantic comedy drama 'From Today We Are' but it looks like he will appear in The Bride of Black also.

KIM3PFN62NQ54B2YNZWY3X5RTE.jpg

Kim Sa-kwon has proven his ever-changing acting skills by crossing screens and CRTs with his 10 years of acting skills, and is expected to play a major role in the recent Netflix series 'The Bride of Black' to play a pivotal role in the character relationship.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/11/17/UPIX7FRMWSOLOC5NTGPBEG5JJM/

Actress Kim Hee-sun expressed satisfaction with the compliment of 'Goddess Beauty'. On her 18th, Kim Hee-sun posted a photo along with the words “PD bursting with sense” on her personal Instagram story.

IJYSB7TOVVWGEYZEQZKHNJDLME.jpg

In particular, Kim Hee-sun expressed her gratitude to the production team for praising her goddess beauty by adding phrases such as '100 points' and 'So Good'. Meanwhile, Kim Hee-sun is expected to meet viewers through MBC's new drama 'Tomorrow' and Netflix's drama 'Black Bride'.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/11/18/SFS5GQYNRZHSMOPUTEVPZULYMI/

• Like 2