[Drama 2021] Secret Royal Inspector Joy, 어사조이뎐

agenth

tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” achieved average nationwide viewership ratings of 5.3 percent with a best of 6.2 percent, which is an increase from the previous episode’s ratings of 4.035 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-maintains-strong-ratings-as-secret-royal-inspector-joy-and-idol-the-coup-experience-slight-rises/#ixzz7CLet0CdB

• Like 2

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Good to know...i.was worried that they couldnt compete against The King's Affection. Maybe different timing :)

Havent watch ep3.. but will soon!

This drama is enjoyable and easy to follow. There is logical progression of events, even with the flashback. So, Yi Eon and the Crown Prince were friends since childhood. I guess the reluctant inspector will be more inclined to actually do his job as a secret royal inspector as the drama unfolds.

Yi Eon saw the Crown Prince die. He even knew that the medicine given to the Prince before he died was aconite, which he knew is a medicinal herb only used in the palace because it is rare. Now he knew that it can be used as poison with immediate effects, and that the former royal inspector was shot with an aconite arrow, making him think that the CP might have been murdered.

• Insightful 3

Saw 3rd episode...yeah Taec look so fine in this drama...

Towards the end of the drama, somehow i feel their personality fits each other, him being a royal inspector and her being a strong independent woman... and supporting each other in their work..

Well, they gotta get married right...im.sure people are also curious if such folkore exists and googling it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Saw 3rd episode...yeah Taec look so fine in this drama...

Towards the end of the drama, somehow i feel their personality fits each other, him being a royal inspector and her being a strong independent woman... and supporting each other in their work..

Well, they gotta get married right...im.sure people are also curious if such folkore exists and googling it...

:lol: I'm one of them!  And found that it was indeed a tradition in Joseon period.  Interesting.

source:  @ou77i

spacer.png

• LOL 1

On tvN, “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” recorded average nationwide ratings of 5.1 percent, with a peak of 6.5 percent. The average rating is similar to last episode’s average ratings of 5.3 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-hits-new-personal-best-in-ratings-as-idol-the-coup-sees-drop/#ixzz7CQifLgop

10 hours ago, TheaN said:

:lol: I'm one of them!  And found that it was indeed a tradition in Joseon period.  Interesting.

source:  @ou77i

Haha... may i know what is the comprehensive site which offer more explaination to the phenomenon? :lol: can you share?

Downloading ep4 soon...:D

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha... may i know what is the comprehensive site which offer more explaination to the phenomenon? :lol: can you share?

Downloading ep4 soon...:D

:P Actually I couldn't find anything in English so I searched 습첩 and went through the various articles, stories etc. using Google translate. The TV show Yeo Yoo Man also featured a show on it.

This blog was interesting.  Seemed like a school research report with illustrations.

https://minirecord.tistory.com/39

This show has some small and unusual (not usually seen in sageuk) elements that I'm never sure if it's the writer taking creative license.  In any case, I'm really enjoying it.  It's a nice change from the very scary serial murderer stuff that's been available lately.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yi Eon - '' I dont care what you think about the King but dont insult my wife''     :approves:

He placed JY before the king...   and she was a little surprised..   

I like the scenes between them... Tae Seo is a cruel and clever villian..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

:P Actually I couldn't find anything in English so I searched 습첩 and went through the various articles, stories etc. using Google translate. The TV show Yeo Yoo Man also featured a show on it.

This blog was interesting.  Seemed like a school research report with illustrations.

https://minirecord.tistory.com/39

This show has some small and unusual (not usually seen in sageuk) elements that I'm never sure if it's the writer taking creative license.  In any case, I'm really enjoying it.  It's a nice change from the very scary serial murderer stuff that's been available lately.

Thank you!...  will be reading it... :fullofhearts:

Finally able to see the subbed ep 3&4.  Favorite scenes:

The capture and escape from the bandits:

spacer.png

"not married"  :lol:

spacer.png

"is that a knife or are you just happy to see me?"

the backstory with the Crown Prince

spacer.png

"he is my younger brother whom I cherish" :(  and now Ra Yi Eon knows he was murdered.

Check TvN's IG for more pics.

• Like 3